Sign in to follow this  
pino111

Cecil People respond to fans

This just makes me think Peoples is a bigger idiot.. Rua was chasing Machida down but he was landing kicks every time he chased.. and landed more head shots then machida **** well.. how did machida control the octagon?? lmao.. i guess control means to back pedal.. regardless if your winning the exchanges or not.. in the past machida has had effective octagon control.. he used to have guys chase em while landing vicious shots.. but this was when he would get hit once every 2.5 rounds.. Rua chased em and landed 82 strikes.. leaving him with stitches and beat up legs/ribs..

I actually agree with him 100%.

Machida won Octagon control and grappling, something everyone is discounting. The only thing everyone is taking into account is how one fighter looked after the fight and how many punches and kicks they threw.

This just makes me think Peoples is a bigger idiot.. Rua was chasing Machida down but he was landing kicks every time he chased.. and landed more head shots then machida **** well.. how did machida control the octagon?? lmao.. i guess control means to back pedal.. regardless if your winning the exchanges or not.. in the past machida has had effective octagon control.. he used to have guys chase em while landing vicious shots.. but this was when he would get hit once every 2.5 rounds.. Rua chased em and landed 82 strikes.. leaving him with stitches and beat up legs/ribs..

No. What he's saying is Machida determined when they would exchange. Rua never got a hold of Machida and never caught Machida against the cage and unloaded like Machida did to Rua. Machida decided where the striking battles took place.

LMAO at this. If a judge feels strongly about how he feels, why does he also feel the need to come out and explain himself? You know somethings messed up when a judge has to do this

I also think it's funny that "Good fans understand why Machida won", yet about 500 people on this site alone, a ton of UFC/Other MMA Fighters, all the fans in attendance, fightmetric, and DW himself don't understand, and I guess we're not "good" fans.

LMAO at this. If a judge feels strongly about how he feels' date=' why does he also feel the need to come out and explain himself? You know somethings messed up when a judge has to do this

I also think it's funny that "Good fans understand why Machida won", yet about 500 people on this site alone, a ton of UFC/Other MMA Fighters, all the fans in attendance, fightmetric, and DW himself don't understand, and I guess we're not "good" fans.[/quote']

That's because most fans didn't take into account things like grappling and octagon control.

I guess Cecil Peoples voted TKD and Muay Thai kicking out of MMA, since he consider leg kicks to be ineffective combat. (WTF???)

Peoples wants a boxing match inside the Octagon. Or Lay and Pray.

My suspiscions about People's crack habit are now confirmed.

"Mauricio Rua was being aggressive but it wasn't effective aggressiveness which is what we as the judges look for when scoring a fight. The way I saw it, Lyoto was landing the more cleaner and damaging strikes throughout the fight - if you take a look at the judging criteria clean strikes are valued more-so than the quantity of strikes landed."

ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?!? Keep suckin that glass d*ck Cecil...

"You have to keep in mind we always the favor the fighter who is trying to finish the fight, and leg kicks certainly don't do that."

This idiot hasn't seen enough MMA to know that leg kicks can end fights? *FACEPALM*

"When both fighters are engaged in a striking match what I always look for is the fighter who is being judicious, picking his spots, being accurate and landing the cleaner strikes which ultimately is what Lyoto did more effectively than Rua. Lyoto made Shogun come after him, he determined where the fight took place which in my opinion constitutes as effective Octagon control."

WHAT?!?!? Give me some of what you got man - that sh*t must be da bomb! Machida controled where the fight took place? Last time I checked, constantly retreating does not constitute octagon control you dumb f*cking tool.

"I'm just glad the other judges on the panel saw it the same way and I'm sure the fans who understand the technicalities of the sport agree with the decision too."

There you have it folks. The hordes of people who know that Rua won this fight don't understand the technicalities of the sport like the tiny minority of blind people who agree with the judges decision.

This guy needs a one-way ticket to a f*cking looney bin.

That's because most fans didn't take into account things like grappling and octagon control.

Dude did you watch the same fight? Shogun was doing more of the stalking that fight, and there was no grappling. Shogun won the clinch battle, the striking, went for takedowns and pushed the action for most of the fight. Machida would come out with a flurry once and a while and usually got hit as much as he land

Your arguement is kind of silly

he explains it well, when you look at it from his point of view Machida probably did win. Still it was close and could have gone Shoguns way, it definately was not as one sided as people are making it out to be.

I'm with Cecil on this. I scored it the exact same way.

If you can't see that Lyoto won this fight, you clearly don't understand how to score a fight. That, or you're just a biased Shogun fan.

Physical damage means little. And, even if you DO score the damage to the face of Machida, you have to remember that the damage was done in the 4th and 5th rounds.. which were the two rounds that Shogun won.

IMO, I think Machida may just be too damn fast for most people to even see what he does in there. I really don't understand how everyone gets all hyped up over a slapping (read: glancing) leg kick from Shogun, and COMPLETELY MISS the body kick/1-2 punch counters that Machida was landing for the first 3 rounds.

he explains it well' date=' when you look at it from his point of view Machida probably did win. Still it was close and could have gone Shoguns way, it definately was not as one sided as people are making it out to be.[/quote']

Not one-sided at ALL!

IMO, this decision is the correct decision. If you watch the fight without cheering for Shogun the entire time, you'll realize that Machida won.

People are making it out to seem like Machida was a bloody mess, laying on the mat. Like he was rocked over and over and over.. maybe almost caught in a few submissions...

It wasn't a blowout at all.

Shogun may have won the fight, but he LOST the first 3 rounds. Which means the CORRECT decision, is the one that we have.

LOL Cecil Peoples is the worst judge in MMA. This guy gets clowned by any real mma fan all the time now all the sudden a couple Machida fans take his word? Pfft.

I guess DW and all the fighters who said Shogun won dont know the sport.

Dude did you watch the same fight? Shogun was doing more of the stalking that fight' date=' and there was no grappling. Shogun won the clinch battle, the striking, went for takedowns and pushed the action for most of the fight. Machida would come out with a flurry once and a while and usually got hit as much as he land

Your arguement is kind of silly[/quote']

I like the part where you say there was no grappling and then the very next sentence you say Shogun went for takedowns (that's grappling btw). But you completely leave out the part where Machida stuffed every single one.

This is exactly what Cecil People's is talking about.

And if you know me, I hate Cecil People's as a judge, but he's right on this one. Everyone is looking at only striking.

Machida determined where the fight was taking place and he stuffed the takedowns.

Dude did you watch the same fight? Shogun was doing more of the stalking that fight' date=' and there was no grappling. Shogun won the clinch battle, the striking, went for takedowns and pushed the action for most of the fight. Machida would come out with a flurry once and a while and usually got hit as much as he land

Your arguement is kind of silly[/quote']

Dude.. did YOU watch the fight?

You can't award points to Shogun for 'stalking' Machida. Machida's style is to retreat and counter. If you're going to award points to Shogun for that, then you have to award points to Machida for controlling the action.

Shogun was being patient and was picking his spots. Machida caused this to happen. Therefore, Machida wins Octagon control. He MADE Shogun chase him down.

You can say that Shogun won the clinch battle, but really, all he landed were some knees to the legs. Nobody is going to win a title by kneeing the champ in the legs. Sorry.

Also, how about the 4 hard knees to Shogun's body at the beginning of the first round that everyone seems to forget about? Or the MULTIPLE flying knees that Machida landed?

Going for takedowns doesn't score you points unless you actually get them. If you're going to score a takedown attempt, then you have to score the defense of it.

Final note.. you're DREAMING if you think that Machida got his ANYWHERE near as much as Shogun did in those punch flurries. At the end of the 3rd round, Machida touched him 5 or 6 times in that flurry, compared to Shogun's ONE punch. Joe Rogun was screaming at the top of his lungs because he was so excited that Shogun hit him ONCE.

Therefore, with all due respect, I think YOUR argument is kind of silly.

I'm with Cecil on this. I scored it the exact same way.

If you can't see that Lyoto won this fight' date=' you clearly don't understand how to score a fight. That, or you're just a biased Shogun fan.

Physical damage means little. And, even if you DO score the damage to the face of Machida, you have to remember that the damage was done in the 4th and 5th rounds.. which were the two rounds that Shogun won.

IMO, I think Machida may just be too damn fast for most people to even see what he does in there. I really don't understand how everyone gets all hyped up over a slapping (read: glancing) leg kick from Shogun, and COMPLETELY MISS the body kick/1-2 punch counters that Machida was landing for the first 3 rounds.[/quote'] before I state any of my opinion, I just wanna let everyone know that I'm on nobody side. the first time I watch the fight I thought shogun had machida and gonna beat him. I was also shocked by the final decision. but after watching the video a couple time I notice machida also land some couple of punches which the video didn't highlighted. I also keeping notes how many knee machida lands on shogun on all 3 round. it was a total of 3 of all 3 rounds. remember those knee hurt tito really bad cause him to fall down. you can even see how shogun react to the powerful knee too.

before I state any of my opinion' date=' I just wanna let everyone know that I'm on nobody side. the first time I watch the fight I thought shogun had machida and gonna beat him. I was also shocked by the final decision. but after watching the video a couple time I notice machida also land some couple of punches which the video didn't highlighted. I also keeping notes how many knee machida lands on shogun on all 3 round. it was a total of 3 of all 3 rounds. remember those knee hurt tito really bad cause him to fall down. you can even see how shogun react to the powerful knee too.[/quote']

You do realize that Machida landed FOUR (4) knees at the very beginning of the first round, correct?

You do realize that Machida landed FOUR (4) knees at the very beginning of the first round' date=' correct?[/quote']

ya I overlook, thanks for correcting me

and btw I meant to mention the 3 charging knee that took tito down. but those 4 knee at the beginning count to i guess

Cecil should rather be queit if he doesnt have anything smart to say. Instead of silly reasoning that makes no sense he should rather apolegize to Shogun and MMA fans.

I like the part where you say there was no grappling and then the very next sentence you say Shogun went for takedowns (that's grappling btw). But you completely leave out the part where Machida stuffed every single one.

This is exactly what Cecil People's is talking about.

And if you know me' date=' I hate Cecil People's as a judge, but he's right on this one. Everyone is looking at only striking.

Machida determined where the fight was taking place and he stuffed the takedowns.[/quote']

By grappling there was now BJJ or wrestling on the ground. I call what your talking about Clinch work...which could be called grappling...either way, Shogun beat him in the clinch too

Stuffing takedowns is not scored. You get NO POINTS for stuffing takedowns (which is wrong IMO) where as going for them is aggession which is scored

Well i just find it hard to believe that all these people, and fightmetric, could be wrong. Especially when there was hardling any grappling, and Rua had the Octagon control

He says he looks more towards the person who wants to finish the fight, yet how can you finish a fight when you back up most of the time? How can you finish a fight when usually the only time you throw a strike is to counter your opponents?

4 consecutive knees at that

Oh boy!

How about the part where Shogun pinned him against the cage and kneed him over and over......and over. Shogun landed so many more knees...shots period

I also find it funny that he says Lyoto dictated where the fight went, cause he made Shogun come to him. Well, wtf was Shogun supposed to do? Stay on the other side of the octagon and play the same game he's palying? So I guess the person who gives in and goes after the other, is the loser in that category.

Can't you get a point deducted for constantly retreating? Or just warnings? Lol.

LMAO at this. If a judge feels strongly about how he feels' date=' why does he also feel the need to come out and explain himself? You know somethings messed up when a judge has to do this

I also think it's funny that "Good fans understand why Machida won", yet about 500 people on this site alone, a ton of UFC/Other MMA Fighters, all the fans in attendance, fightmetric, and DW himself don't understand, and I guess we're not "good" fans.[/quote']

how can he not do that when so many people are raging at him? It's just that people are forching him into doing that. If fans understood or were more classy, he wouldn't have to. It was extremely close and the fight could have went either way, but I can see his reasoning. It's just surprising that two other judges thought the same thing as well.

Oh boy!

How about the part where Shogun pinned him against the cage and kneed him over and over......and over. Shogun landed so many more knees...shots period

What are you thinking man, when Shogun throws knees they dont count. Only Machidas count. Get serious you cant win by leg kicks in a MMA fight.

Just imagine if the roles would be reversed in this fight and Machida would have done what Shogun has. I bet they would still be saying that Machida never lost a round.

Physical damage means little. And' date=' even if you DO score the damage to the face of Machida, you have to remember that the damage was done in the 4th and 5th rounds.. which were the two rounds that Shogun won.

IMO, I think Machida may just be too damn fast for most people to even see what he does in there. I really don't understand how everyone gets all hyped up over a slapping (read: glancing) leg kick from Shogun, and COMPLETELY MISS the body kick/1-2 punch counters that Machida was landing for the first 3 rounds.[/quote']

So if damage means nothing, then you'd be a person to go by fightmetric, which says Rua won rounds 1, 2, 4, and 5, though really, round 2 could have gone either way. And if what you said happened, everytime Rua threw a kick, Machida threw 2-3 stirkes, why does it not add up in the end, with Rua landing 82 strikes compared to Machida's 42?

Cecil also says he goes by the % or whatever, and not just the quanity of strikes, well guess what, Rua did 55%, Machida 35%. These could have been spread out through a couple of rounds, but that just means that one of the rounds could have been a 10-8 round. Maybe.

What are you thinking man' date=' when Shogun throws knees they dont count. Only Machidas count. Get serious you cant win by leg kicks in a MMA fight.

Just imagine if the roles would be reversed in this fight and Machida would have done what Shogun has. I bet they would still be saying that Machida never lost a round.[/quote']

I think it speaks volumes that 85-90% of most sites had Rua winning the fight. Not to mention the stats that are avalible on the fight. Then there was the whole announce team saying it, all the fans in the stands booing, every fighter saying it in the post event press conference, and the President himself as well

But I guess we are all crazy and know nothing about MMA. I love that arguement LOL.

Its not at all possible that the Machida fans are nuthugging....that would never happen.

how can he not do that when so many people are raging at him? It's just that people are forching him into doing that. If fans understood or were more classy' date=' he wouldn't have to. It was extremely close and the fight could have went either way, but I can see his reasoning. It's just surprising that two other judges thought the same thing as well.[/quote']

The other two judges probably feel strongly about their decision, and I don't think they feel the need to explain themselves. Thing is, if you really feel strongly about how you feel, then you shouldn't have to explain it. You know? It is what it is.

Yes, go by fightmetric. That thing is so amazingly accurate in determining a fight outcome.

It even gives Machida a better rating.

And then look at fightmetrics griffin/rampage fight. It clearly has griffin completely out striking rampage in every round except for 1 and they said quinton won.

Fightmetric is a horrible way to determine a fight winner.

Yes' date=' go by fightmetric. That thing is so amazingly accurate in determining a fight outcome.

It even gives Machida a better rating.

And then look at fightmetrics griffin/rampage fight. It clearly has griffin completely out striking rampage in every round except for 1 and they said quinton won.

Fightmetric is a horrible way to determine a fight winner.[/quote']

Wow. Machida got the better rating because he actually won the fight, if you knew about the TPR, you'd know that the winner of the fight gets up to 5 points. Plus, FM also factors in grappling and subs and knockdowns and such. Plus, I'm not exactly saying that you should go by what FM says, but rather look at the graphs and if your smart enough, you can make the decision for yourself based on paper facts.

My point exactly.

Paper fights' date=' thus the problem. It doesn't see the action, only numbers. It's a flawed rating system.[/quote']

It may be flawed if you're just using FM to prove someone won the fight, but using it as evidence and backup to prove points as to why someone won rounds or the stand up game, ect., is fine. I believe, at least

My point exactly.

Paper fights' date=' thus the problem. It doesn't see the action, only numbers. It's a flawed rating system.[/quote']

But I'm sure your have no problem with paper rankings when its on Machidas side right?

The fact of the matter is Shogun landed more shots, more POWER SHOTS, went for takedowns, won the clinch battle, and pushed the action for most of the fight. You can't say that you have to finish a fighter to to win a fight. Thats not how a fight is supposed to be judged. You REALLY can't make this arguement defending Machida because half of his fights are freaking Decisions!!!

WOW, Cecil Peoples is an absolute moron. he absolutly does not belong in a judges seat at any mma event anywhere. this just proves to me that Cecil himself doesnt understand how to score a fight..then he has the nerv to say mma fans dont understand...simply shocking..

Oh boy!

I'll score 4 solid knees to the midsection over 6 or 7 knees to the thigh, every single day of the week.

Also, if you're going to count the knees to the thigh, then count the 2 or 3 that Machida landed on him, and also count the kick to the knee that Machida landed, as well.

I'll score 4 solid knees to the midsection over 6 or 7 knees to the thigh' date=' every single day of the week.

Also, if you're going to count the knees to the thigh, then count the 2 or 3 that Machida landed on him, and also count the kick to the knee that Machida landed, as well.[/quote']

obviously never been kneed in the thigh, literally a terrible experience.

it makes walking very hard, not because of pain but because your Sciatic nerve (located in the thigh) isn't transmitting signals to your leg properly.

also Cecil Peoples has been making terrible calls his entire career, don't know why the AC keeps giving him jobs.

So if damage means nothing' date=' [b']then you'd be a person to go by fightmetric[/b], which says Rua won rounds 1, 2, 4, and 5, though really, round 2 could have gone either way. And if what you said happened, everytime Rua threw a kick, Machida threw 2-3 stirkes, why does it not add up in the end, with Rua landing 82 strikes compared to Machida's 42?

Cecil also says he goes by the % or whatever, and not just the quanity of strikes, well guess what, Rua did 55%, Machida 35%. These could have been spread out through a couple of rounds, but that just means that one of the rounds could have been a 10-8 round. Maybe.

I'm a person that goes by the fight that I'm watching. I don't care what FM, or Joe Rogun, or anybody else around me says.. Lyoto won.

I will say that he lost the "fight", but he won the first three rounds.

Everyone calm down. I had Machida up by two points on my scores. Machida used effective counter strikes every time Rua went for a kick, won the grappling, tied in the clinch, and generally had more damaging strikes to the head, and a little better to the body while Rua had the legs by a mile. Shogun was not putting his heart in that fight to me. Oh, my score was 47-45 Machida.

But I'm sure your have no problem with paper rankings when its on Machidas side right?

The fact of the matter is Shogun landed more shots' date=' more POWER SHOTS, went for takedowns, won the clinch battle, and pushed the action for most of the fight. You can't say that you have to finish a fighter to to win a fight. Thats not how a fight is supposed to be judged. You REALLY can't make this arguement defending Machida because half of his fights are freaking Decisions!!![/quote']

Personally, I really don't care about rankings. If you want to let other people determine where YOU should think people should be ranked, then by all means, go right ahead.

Maybe this is why the majority of people here keep saying that Shogun won the fight.. you're all allowing people to tell you what you should think.

You keep mentioning Shogun 'pushing' the action, but what you call pushing, I call Octagon control for Machida.

Shogun was WAY less aggressive and a LOT more selective with his shots than I've ever seen him before. To me, that shows that Machida was dictating the pace of the fight.

apparently machida fans along with cecil peoples think the rest of the mma world is blind, def and retarded. really they are insulting the intelligence of the rest of the mma world..its appalling. when 90% of mma fans are saying something different, dont u think its time to step back take a good look and just admit he made a mistake? his explaination for why he scored the match the way he did is laughable IMO.

This a**hole is even more retarded after this.

stuffing takedowns doesnt mean sh** either. If he countered with a takedown that would make sense. Shogun beat him to the clinch all but once. He reversed machida to his back on the cage almost every time.

As cofield pointed out about cecil saying body and leg kicks not finishing, that is one of the most uneducated statements an mma official could ever make. Yes, finish percentages are higher with head strikes than body and below. However, not only can they stop fights, but they are very significant in wearing your opponent, especially in longer strenuous fights such as that one. Machida was beat after that fight, and Shogun could of gone another 1, maybe 2 more rounds. Peoples is not helping his argument with this. Somebody please fire this moron.

My point exactly.

Agreed. I'm starting to wonder how many of these people actually watched the fight. Maybe they've just read the reviews and looked at FM and are jumping on the bandwagon.

Cecil Peoples doesn't deserve to judge MMA bouts, let's face it though this is NOT the first fight the judges have screwed up. Fighters really need to try harder to end fights so we don't have this happen.