Sign in to follow this  
pino111

Cecil People respond to fans

I actually agree with him 100%.

Machida won Octagon control and grappling' date=' something everyone is discounting. The only thing everyone is taking into account is how one fighter looked after the fight and how many punches and kicks they threw.[/quote']

machida in no way won octagon control. he backed away the entire fight. and peoples' arguement (and yours since you agree with him) is that machida made shogun come to him. THATS RIDICULOUS. machida didnt make him do anything, shogun was just being aggressive.

even the idiot judges bought into the hype about mchida, that he's so elusive, he draws people in. NO!!! shogun was not drawn in, he was the aggressor, plain and simple.

and even if you are correct about the octagon control and grappling (lol), the other two criteria are stiking and aggression. and shogun clearly won both. that is a fact. so its 2 - 2, but which ones carry more weight? obviously the ones shogun won, because you cant win a fight by backpedling or stuffing takedowns. you can however win by striking and being aggressive

Do you not have any thoughts of your own? I may not agree with the guy you keep agreeing with' date=' but I can have a conversation with him.

Add something. Anything.

Other than quote some dude a bunch of times with gems like "Exactly" and then post again "100% right" and then again and again.

Even if you disagree... just post some words and logic of your own.

By no means am I attacking you, just a polite request, friend.[/quote']

Yes, you are attacking me, and no, we are not friends. I have stated my opinions on here many times. And, I agree with what he posted. If you do not like it, tough.

will you quit saying rogan influenced peoples opinions? thats aggravating to me. he didnt have anything to do with it. people have 2 eyes and can see...and believe it or not we arent as stupid as you machida fans would like to think we are.

Sorry.. no can do. Because you are obviously wrong.

People might have two eyes, but apparently they CANNOT see all that well. All this yelling and whining on the forums proves that they cannot see.

Also. I am not a "Machida fan". Or at least no more then I am a "Shogun Fan". Rather I am a fight fan. And that was a good fight, that was very close, and Lyoto won it 3 rounds to 2.

I'll close my spot with to you with a question.

Why, when something happens that you didn't expect and don't understand do you rant and cry and whine like a 5 year old child instead of seeking to understand and educate yourself as to why or how it happened?

The judges aren't wrong. They were all in agreement and they do this professionally for a living. They are assigned by the athletic commission and if they judged things poorly (meaning in a manner contrary to the criteria by which they are obligated to judge it) they lose their jobs. Obviously they have a pretty good drive to stay legit and judge it according to the rules they are told to judge it by.

So, instead of getting mad and throwing an E tantrum, why don't you go do some research and learn why the judges scored it they way they did. Learn how to score a fight. What to look for an watch. Then, next time, you won't be caught without understanding and you can amazing your friends with your accurate fight knowledge and skills.

Oh' date=' so we are gonna get smart now? How about "won?" Not "one?" I mean, if we are gonna elevate the conversation and all.

Machida has the belt, he won.[/quote']

yeah Machida didn't deserve to win the decision tho and even he knew it...are you ducking my responses to yours bud?

Yes' date=' you are attacking me, and no, we are not friends. I have stated my opinions on here many times. And, I agree with what he posted. If you do not like it, tough.[/quote']

Attacking you would be calling you names or harassing you. I did neither. I merely asked you to say something useful rather than post "cheerleader" posts like "I agree" and "Exactly".

Oh well.

So much for a higher level of conversation that everyone seems to ask for but few want to participate in.

Oh... and I'm not gonna be your friend anymore. Hehhe.

yeah he didn't deserve to win tho and even he knew it...are ducking my responses to yours bud?

What does "are ducking my responses to yours bud" mean?

If you mean I am ducking you, that is kinda funny.

I never heard Machida say he did not deserve to win. I heard his corner tell him he was winning. I saw him win the first three rounds. Not in spectacular fashion, but he still won them. I saw Shogun win the last two rounds. Again, nothing spectacular, but he won them all the same.

I then heard the judges decision, which in my opinion was the correct one. I then saw Machida walk out with the belt. Nothing you, or anyone else on here can say will change my opinion. I think a lot of people on here are acting like a bunch of spoiled rotten little cry babies. Also acting like Shogun beat the crap out of Machida which is a joke.

machida in no way won octagon control. he backed away the entire fight. and peoples' arguement (and yours since you agree with him) is that machida made shogun come to him. THATS RIDICULOUS. machida didnt make him do anything' date=' shogun was just being aggressive.

[/quote']

That was the most cautious Shogun we have ever seen. He was not being aggressive. He rarely threw a punch or kick without lyoto throwing it first. Shogun was being the counterstrike for the most part. Shogun never unloaded with any big combos or flurries. Lyoto did.

I've explained it before and Ill do it again. Round 1. the two thai clinches and multiple knees the lyoto throw won that round for him. Round 3. The flurry of punches that lyoto throw and that (slightly) rocked Shogun and had him back against the fence won that round for lyoto. Rounds 4 and 5 were SOLID for Shogun. no question. That leaves round 2. and it was very very close but Lyoto eked out the win there. barely.

Attacking you would be calling you names or harassing you. I did neither. I merely asked you to say something useful rather than post "cheerleader" posts like "I agree" and "Exactly".

Oh well.

So much for a higher level of conversation that everyone seems to ask for but few want to participate in.

stop trolling. obvious troll is obvious. It isn't' against the TOS to post in agreement with someone. It is against the ToS to bait people into responses and troll.

Oh well.

See, you have insulted me again. I do not really care though. I will post what ever I like and there isn't much you can do about it.

Dude.. did YOU watch the fight?

You can't award points to Shogun for 'stalking' Machida. Machida's style is to retreat and counter. If you're going to award points to Shogun for that' date=' then you have to award points to Machida for controlling the action.

Shogun was being patient and was picking his spots. Machida caused this to happen. Therefore, Machida wins Octagon control. He MADE Shogun chase him down.

You can say that Shogun won the clinch battle, but really, all he landed were some knees to the legs. Nobody is going to win a title by kneeing the champ in the legs. Sorry.

Also, how about the 4 hard knees to Shogun's body at the beginning of the first round that everyone seems to forget about? Or the MULTIPLE flying knees that Machida landed?

Going for takedowns doesn't score you points unless you actually get them. If you're going to score a takedown attempt, then you have to score the defense of it.

Final note.. you're DREAMING if you think that Machida got his ANYWHERE near as much as Shogun did in those punch flurries. At the end of the 3rd round, Machida touched him 5 or 6 times in that flurry, compared to Shogun's ONE punch. Joe Rogun was screaming at the top of his lungs because he was so excited that Shogun hit him ONCE.

Therefore, with all due respect, I think YOUR argument is kind of silly.[/quote']

Might as well make the UFC into a pure TKD points competition. Ha!

See' date=' you have insulted me again. I do not really care though. I will post what ever I like and there isn't much you can do about it.[/quote']

For a MMA Moderator, you're very easily insulted. And you just proved my point with your "neener-neener" closing line there. You're no fun and you're right I there isn't anything I can do about it.

What does "are ducking my responses to yours bud" mean?

If you mean I am ducking you' date=' that is kinda funny.

I never heard Machida say he did not deserve to win. I heard his corner tell him he was winning. I saw him win the first three rounds. Not in spectacular fashion, but he still won them. I saw Shogun win the last two rounds. Again, nothing spectacular, but he won them all the same.

I then heard the judges decision, which in my opinion was the correct one. I then saw Machida walk out with the belt. Nothing you, or anyone else on here can say will change my opinion. I think a lot of people on here are acting like a bunch of spoiled rotten little cry babies. Also acting like Shogun beat the crap out of Machida which is a joke.[/quote']

I'm just not feeling the love bro :P in all seriousness though, can you honestly sit there and tell me that Shogun did not have more effective striking, octagon control, and aggression in 3 out 5 five rounds? if you can, can you send me a copy of the fight you saw?

I'm just not feeling the love bro :P in all seriousness though' date=' can you honestly sit there and tell me that Shogun did not have more effective striking, octagon control, and aggression in 3 out 5 five rounds? if you can, can you send me a copy of the fight you saw?[/quote']

I respect your opinion man, you know this, but I think Machida won the first three rounds.

It was a close fight. Shogun did more damage in the last two rounds. Rounds 1, 2 and 3 go to Machida. Shogun did nothing to win those rounds.

And on top of that' date=' what a terrible punch. Look at what part of his hand is making contact. LOL[/quote']

made machida's face look like a donut. lol

and fyi, when you're wearing those gloves that's right where your knuckles are.

That was the most cautious Shogun we have ever seen. He was not being aggressive. He rarely threw a punch or kick without lyoto throwing it first. Shogun was being the counterstrike for the most part. Shogun never unloaded with any big combos or flurries. Lyoto did.

I've explained it before and Ill do it again. Round 1. the two thai clinches and multiple knees the lyoto throw won that round for him. Round 3. The flurry of punches that lyoto throw and that (slightly) rocked Shogun and had him back against the fence won that round for lyoto. Rounds 4 and 5 were SOLID for Shogun. no question. That leaves round 2. and it was very very close but Lyoto eked out the win there. barely.

I felt round 1 was closer then you said but I also gave it to Machida. Machida came out strong but shogun came back at the end of that round but it wasn't enough to steal the round. Round two Rua started doing damage especially when they clinched he punished Machida's thighs. I gave that round to Shogun but I felt it was pretty close but not close enough to warrent Machida to win the round. Round 3 was like round 1 in reverse. Rua came out strong but it was pretty close until Machida stole the round with that flurry. The flurry didn't really rock Rua at all but he was trying to finish and Rua was in danger there. IMO it was even until Machida stole the round. Rounds 4 & 5 clearly went to Rua even you admit that.

I don't agree with others that say it was a blowout for Rua all 5 rounds but I just felt Rua won 2, 4 & 5 convincingly.

made machida's face look like a donut. lol

and fyi' date=' when you're wearing those gloves that's right where your knuckles are.[/quote']

No, that is not where your knuckles are.

I respect your opinion man' date=' you know this, but I think Machida won the first three rounds.

It was a close fight. Shogun did more damage in the last two rounds. Rounds 1, 2 and 3 go to Machida. Shogun did nothing to win those rounds.[/quote']

IDK man i respect your side also , i just saw round 1 very differently i suppose, the thing that hurt Shogun, even tho i am 100% sure he should have gotten the decision, was he did not take Machida down and i think the fact he did not and tried a few times had the judges view it as a big plus for Machida. Shogun should have gone for the take down in the last round when I think even you can admit Machida didn't have his legs under him at all. Shogun would have def. got the nod in that case IMO

IDK man i respect your side also ' date=' i just saw round 1 very differently i suppose, the thing that hurt Shogun, even tho i am 100% sure he should have gotten the decision, was he did not take Machida down and i think the fact he did not and tried a few times had the judges view it as a big plus for Machida. Shogun should have gone for the take down in the last round when I think even you can admit Machida didn't have his legs under him at all. Shogun would have def. got the nod in that case IMO[/quote']

I think he could have gotten a TKO in round 5 if he would have gone for the take down and GnP'd him.

I am 100% sure that Rogan influenced how people saw that fight.

really?

did he influence the whole stadium that booed Machida winning?

the same stadium that at the start of the fight was chanting "Machida"?

Spam this forum with this post one more time and I will ban you.

truth hurts huh? that "spam" he keeps posting is one of the more informative interesting pieces of info offered on the topic. TBH its no more repetative than the garbage you and other machida fans keep posting.

truth hurts huh? that "spam" he keeps posting is one of the more informative interesting pieces of info offered on the topic. TBH its no more repetative than the garbage you and other machida fans keep posting.

LOL, keep it up.

Go educate yourself then come back.

really?

did he influence the whole stadium that booed Machida winning?

the same stadium that at the start of the fight was chanting "Machida"?

The people I talked to that were there thought Machida won.

But then again, the are educated MMA fans, so I can see the difference.

I felt round 1 was closer then you said but I also gave it to Machida. Machida came out strong but shogun came back at the end of that round but it wasn't enough to steal the round. Round two Rua started doing damage especially when they clinched he punished Machida's thighs. I gave that round to Shogun but I felt it was pretty close but not close enough to warrent Machida to win the round. Round 3 was like round 1 in reverse. Rua came out strong but it was pretty close until Machida stole the round with that flurry. The flurry didn't really rock Rua at all but he was trying to finish and Rua was in danger there. IMO it was even until Machida stole the round. Rounds 4 & 5 clearly went to Rua even you admit that.

I don't agree with others that say it was a blowout for Rua all 5 rounds but I just felt Rua won 2' date=' 4 & 5 convincingly.[/quote']

I can understand your reasoning. and I pretty much agree with all you said except the part about Shogun getting round 2. lol. I think Lyoto won it but I CAN understand why you think Shogun did. Round 2 was so close it wouldn't have surprised me if it went either way.

There was no way it was a blowout for either fighter. The people that are saying it was 4-1 or 5-0 are on crack. It was a hell of a close fight. and I am glad there is already talk of a rematch. Shogun deserves it. and if the decision had gone the other way Lyoto would have deserved it. It was that close of a fight.

edit: thanks for a good polite, well reasoned reply.

But then again' date=' the are educated MMA fans, so I can see the difference.[/quote']

lol really?

love these mods really professional.

where do they find super mods nowadays? Obviously the same place they found mazagatti.

fail.

Awwwwww, did me pointing out the obvious fail in your little pic get you upset.

Then pointing out that you do not even know where knuckles are? Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

Been doing this for the UFC for a very long time.

But then again' date=' the are educated MMA fans, so I can see the difference.[/quote']

ohhh so dana white is uneducated as an mma fan?

welcome back to senior member status.

What EXACTLY did Dana say?

"i think shogun won the fight"

followed by

"but the CSAC doesn't give a **** what i say"

followed by

"steve mazagatti shouldn't be allowed to watch mma, let alone referee it. (in regards to the velasquez fight).

"i think shogun won the fight"

I mean everything he said there champ. He said just a few minutes later that he had it 2-2, and was not sure about one of the rounds.

I think he could have gotten a TKO in round 5 if he would have gone for the take down and GnP'd him.

I know, even tho i thought he had won, i said to myself it's close, they'll end up giving the victory to Machida...ruined my prognostication!

I mean everything he said there champ. He said just a few minutes later that he had it 2-2' date=' and was not sure about one of the rounds.[/quote']

ummm ok? he still thought shogun won the fight.

as did every other fighter that fought that night

suppose they aren't educated

I mean everything he said there champ. He said just a few minutes later that he had it 2-2' date=' and was not sure about one of the rounds.[/quote']

lol, he still thinks shogun won the fight champ, along with every other fighter at that press conference.

is joe stevenson uneducated?

how about cain velasquez?

oh wow fail.

I know' date=' even tho i thought he had won, i said to myself it's close, they'll end up giving the victory to Machida...ruined my prognostication![/quote']

It was very close, I will admit. I get a little worked up when people like these knuckleheads come on and start getting rude and talking smack.

lol' date=' he still thinks shogun won the fight champ, along with every other fighter at that press conference.

oh wow fail.[/quote']

we seem to be forming a pattern lol

ummm ok? he still thought shogun won the fight.

as did every other fighter that fought that night

suppose they aren't educated

lol' date=' he still thinks shogun won the fight champ, along with every other fighter at that press conference.

oh wow fail.[/quote']

Yeah, they all also said that Shogun let it go to decision, which means anything can happen. Look, Machida won. Deal with it. We can argue all night, but it will not change the fact that Shogun lost.

It was very close' date=' I will admit. I get a little worked up when people like these knuckleheads come on and start getting rude and talking smack.[/quote']

your a mod you shouldn't stoop to there/our level.

thats what makes you a mod.

stop arguing with us and go about your day because calling people "uneducated fight fans" really doesn't help anyone respecting you

Yeah' date=' they all also said that Shogun let it go to decision, which means anything can happen. Look, Machida won. Deal with it. We can argue all night, but it will not change the fact that Shogun lost.[/quote']

no one is trying to.

people come here to express there opinions don't they?

seems weird to try and dismiss an argument and discussion on a place that was made for arguments and discussion.

stop arguing with us and go about your day because calling people "uneducated fight fans" really doesn't help anyone respecting you

I am a fan of this sport just like everyone else here. I am entitled to my opinions just as you. I will post me opinions. If someone gets smart with me, I will give it back.

Stop acting like an uneducated child... before you tell others to do so.