Sign in to follow this  
Alpha_Omega

Machida fans know Cecil Peoples is the same guy who scored Silva Vs Leites 48-47????

And now all of the sudden he is the foundation of their argument as to why Machida won? ROFL! That's pathetic. Guy is the worst judge in mma.

They need a new system or new judges. This bs should be left for boxing not MMA.

Seriously, lets think back. Silva Vs Leites a 48-47? What, did Leites have octagon control because he fell on the ground and made Silva walk away?

Forget Shogun Vs Machida for a second, lets see if anybody can think of a logical reason as to why this idiot would score Silva vs Leites, a clearly one sided fight, a 48-47.

Once we do that, we'll move on to Shogun Vs Machida.

And now all of the sudden he is the foundation of their argument as to why Machida won? ROFL! That's pathetic. Guy is the worst judge in mma.

Haha, are you serious? Noway? He scored that fight 48-47? Noway. I honestly cant believe that. That, actually, just completely ruins anything he said in that recent statement (even though i thought it was all ******** anyway). But you know.. it makes it even less correct lol.

Wow.. if MMA is really scored like this... then wow. In the rematch.. the fight really needs to be finished. Because the scoring system obviously is flawed. Octagon control is MOST DEFINETLY not backing pedalling constantly and throwing a few harmless counters. Honestly... after seeing the fight, i now consider Anderson Silva the more effective counter striker, where as i used to consider Machida as the better counter striker. Reason being, Silva does alot more dodging, and head and body movement to stand his ground and moves out of the way of the punches and strikes, so he is in perfect position to strike back. Machida.. well.. he is an amazing counter puncher.. but far too much back pedalling for my liking, that it got frustrating to watch sometimes on Saturday. Now im not at all saying its a bad way to fight.. because its working for him. But sometimes... you just wish he would do more of that 'flurrying' he did ONCE in that fight. Sometimes you wish he would just fight lol. I love it when he attacks, its so exciting, but when he doesnt.. its just annoying lol.

Come on... you cant call that Octagon control if he never actually hurt Shogun with those 'effective counters'. Yeh... he caught Shogun a few times with some punches, but none of them were effective enough. The one real big punch that was landed, IMO, was by Shogun. At the end of that flurry when Shogun threw a left hook, then that right which caught Machida and forced him to clinch. IMO that was really the only shot that rocked Machida slightly. I dont think any of them rocked Shogun. And i dont recall Shogun looking hurt at all. Machida looked slightly hurt towards the end... but again that may have been fatigue. But his movement definetly wasnt what we usually see from Machida.

Anderson Silva has proved to me he can dominate real top competition. Machida still has alot to prove IMO. I mean i would even class Silva's performance against Leites dominating. Because he literally was taking the piss out of him. It looked to easy for him. And he scared the **** out of Leites aswell lol. It was boring to watch. But Silva had his number. And put fear into his eyes. Silva dominated HENDO and dominated Franklin (when Franklin was at his prime). He embarressed Forrest Griffin aswell. Machida showed us great counter punches against Evans and Thiago Silva lol. I personall think there is a difference, as Evans attempted to strike with Machida.. which was a complete mistake, as his striking SUCKS ( he has is power, which most fighters have lol). Thiago... better striking than Evans... but his gameplan was flawed... rushing in like he did was only going to get him KOed. Yes.. they were impressive wins.. but not as impressive as Silva's dominations over top fighters. The only reason im using Silva now.. is because people are comparing Machida to Silva... but IMO its far to soon to do that. We saw on Saturday, that Machida is just not on that level yet. He can move out of the way of punches, and he can counter. But is it as dangerous and effective as Andersons? Hmm i dont think so. I honestly think he looked average on Saturday. He did not impress me... at all. So.. i hope he does better in the rematch. I hope Shogun wins.. but i still want to see a great performance from Machida. Im an MMA fan... and i want to see a highly competitive fight, this time with more danger involved for both fighters, they both need to take risks next time. Shogun will beat Machida... again.

Seriously' date=' lets think back. Silva Vs Leites a 48-47? What, did Leites have octagon control because he fell on the ground and made Silva walk away?

Forget Shogun Vs Machida for a second, lets see if anybody can think of a logical reason as to why this idiot would score Silva vs Leites, a clearly one sided fight, a 48-47.

Once we do that, we'll move on to Shogun Vs Machida.[/quote']

Lol, i honestly didnt know he scored the fight that. I thought it was obvious that it was 50-45 across the board. There is noway it could have been anything else.

Hey guys, should it be considered octagon control if you hit your opponent and because he doesn't want to get hit anymore, he takes it to the ground? I'm not talking about any specifc fight, but I'm just wondering. Cecil in his statement said he made Shogun come to him. So I guess it's octagon control when you make your opponent take you down. LMAO

In Cecil's eyes, Randy scored a take down when Nogueira pulled guard on him. The guy is an idiot.

He totally ignored the fact that Shogun hurt Machida and made machida back peddle. He calls it octagon control on Machida's side. He says his counter punches to Shogun's forearms and elbows were effective. lol.

you really need to get a life

Great thread cecil is a tool and deserves to be hung in front of everyone who paid for the ppv or tickets to the show.

what the fu ck is wrong with your brain, thats the most ignorant sh it i have ever read. you are the people we don't want to be around the sport. go away.

what the fu ck is wrong with your brain' date=' thats the most ignorant sh it i have ever read. you are the people we don't want to be around the sport. go away.[/quote']

tbh yer just pissed off that Alpha, makes another valid point as to why shogun got screwd. its because of retarded judges like cecil.

considering all 3 judges scored it the same, i dont think just 1 would make a difference

these judges are in all likelihood old school boxing judges. they are used to little pitty-patter punches and a LOT of backpedaling and running away. because thats what boxing is. they dont understand the damage that kicks can do, or knee in the clinch. they have never competed themselves and dont know sh*t.

what are the qualifications to become a judge? be just above legally blind and get a 200 on the SAT?

How about lettign Shogun kick Cecil Peoples in the head a few times and call it Cecil dominating the fight by making Shogun's shin come to his own head?

LOL

What a f***ing idiot this judge is.

silva leites should have been scored 50-40. the only reason i wouldn't score leites lower than a 8 for every round is because he avoided taking a serious beating. if only by laying on the ground.

Haha' date=' are you serious? Noway? He scored that fight 48-47? Noway. I honestly cant believe that. That, actually, just completely ruins anything he said in that recent statement (even though i thought it was all ******** anyway). But you know.. it makes it even less correct lol.

Wow.. if MMA is really scored like this... then wow. In the rematch.. the fight really needs to be finished. Because the scoring system obviously is flawed. Octagon control is MOST DEFINETLY not backing pedalling constantly and throwing a few harmless counters. Honestly... after seeing the fight, i now consider Anderson Silva the more effective counter striker, where as i used to consider Machida as the better counter striker. Reason being, Silva does alot more dodging, and head and body movement to stand his ground and moves out of the way of the punches and strikes, so he is in perfect position to strike back. Machida.. well.. he is an amazing counter puncher.. but far too much back pedalling for my liking, that it got frustrating to watch sometimes on Saturday. Now im not at all saying its a bad way to fight.. because its working for him. But sometimes... you just wish he would do more of that 'flurrying' he did ONCE in that fight. Sometimes you wish he would just fight lol. I love it when he attacks, its so exciting, but when he doesnt.. its just annoying lol.

Come on... you cant call that Octagon control if he never actually hurt Shogun with those 'effective counters'. Yeh... he caught Shogun a few times with some punches, but none of them were effective enough. The one real big punch that was landed, IMO, was by Shogun. At the end of that flurry when Shogun threw a left hook, then that right which caught Machida and forced him to clinch. IMO that was really the only shot that rocked Machida slightly. I dont think any of them rocked Shogun. And i dont recall Shogun looking hurt at all. Machida looked slightly hurt towards the end... but again that may have been fatigue. But his movement definetly wasnt what we usually see from Machida.

Anderson Silva has proved to me he can dominate real top competition. Machida still has alot to prove IMO. I mean i would even class Silva's performance against Leites dominating. Because he literally was taking the piss out of him. It looked to easy for him. And he scared the **** out of Leites aswell lol. It was boring to watch. But Silva had his number. And put fear into his eyes. Silva dominated HENDO and dominated Franklin (when Franklin was at his prime). He embarressed Forrest Griffin aswell. Machida showed us great counter punches against Evans and Thiago Silva lol. I personall think there is a difference, as Evans attempted to strike with Machida.. which was a complete mistake, as his striking SUCKS ( he has is power, which most fighters have lol). Thiago... better striking than Evans... but his gameplan was flawed... rushing in like he did was only going to get him KOed. Yes.. they were impressive wins.. but not as impressive as Silva's dominations over top fighters. The only reason im using Silva now.. is because people are comparing Machida to Silva... but IMO its far to soon to do that. We saw on Saturday, that Machida is just not on that level yet. He can move out of the way of punches, and he can counter. But is it as dangerous and effective as Andersons? Hmm i dont think so. I honestly think he looked average on Saturday. He did not impress me... at all. So.. i hope he does better in the rematch. I hope Shogun wins.. but i still want to see a great performance from Machida. Im an MMA fan... and i want to see a highly competitive fight, this time with more danger involved for both fighters, they both need to take risks next time. Shogun will beat Machida... again.[/quote']

Seriously' date=' lets think back. Silva Vs Leites a 48-47? What, did Leites have octagon control because he fell on the ground and made Silva walk away?

Once we do that, we'll move on to Shogun Vs Machida.[/quote']

I can't type as much as you guys so i'm just going to agree with absolutely everything you have said because in LOGIC there is no reason to argue what is the truth!