Thechemicals

What are you listening to right now?

Drizzy

drake1.jpg

I listen to anything basically, mostly classic rock and rap though. I try to appreciate as many different types of sounds as possible. Pink Floyd till I die though.

Joy Division - Atmosphere' date=' so much nostalgia attached to this song[/quote']

not bad.

i like twenty four hours

Mashups are awesome! My iPod is full of them - the best for workin out too...creates a completely new sound from 2 or more tunes one might otherwise have grown sick of....glad you enjoyed it! I think I have 15000 mashups I bought online from a DJ who has a love of them too - but who's counting! hahaha

Check out The Verve vs. Jay Z - Bittersweet Dirt Off Your Shoulder ;) This one is great loud in the car.

Holy sh*t 15000 songs! I have 11000 i think and I thought that was alot. I don't listen to a whole lot of mashups except one guy or group call "Girl Talk" mixes a bunch of songs in one, most of the songs I wouldn't listen to just by themselves but together they are pretty good. I'll have to download jay z vs verve, I looooove to listen to tunes loud in my car!

Hey - just did a quick youtube search for Girl Talk and saw this:

Pretty cool stuff. I'll have to check out some of his mashups. ;)

I would listen to "like this" by girl talk, pretty awesome at the end some chic is rapping to One by Metallica.

Is there a website or something where I could find a bunch of mashups?

Well for the most part the really good ones are put together by DJ's - kind of an underground art if you know what I mean. You can try a P2P search of MTV Mashups and you'll get hits on some of the most popular ones. Other than that I just visit the websites of certain DJ's from time to time and hope for the best. Some of the main ones and my faves are:

DJ Earworm

DJ Lobsterdust

DJ Maxentropy

DJ Mashup

The Like That mashup was cool - like the Back to Life clip in there form Soul to Soul - good times from back in the day! I have the Lipgloss original song mixed into Metallica - again NEVER would have thought to put those two together eh? Good stuff.

I think that only 2 bands I can pick out of that song are Metallica and Beastie boys lol, just dont listen to the rest of it, but it is awesome all together. Thanks for the list of DJ's, ill check those out for sure.