Sign in to follow this  
boogieman72

Shogun lost the fight because pride still sucks.

Shogun was not aggresive enough in the fight, mainly becauses his corner kept telling him "you are winning, you are in control." in a championship fight your not "in control" till dana is putting that belt around your waist, imo. Shogun beat up on machida, but he did not beat him. my first reaction was that shogun won the fight, but after furter review, i have since came to agree with the decision made, hell if getting beat up on lost you the fight automatically forrest griffin would have never won a fight now would he? shogun never took machida down, he never knocked him down, and never appeared to have him hurt in the fight. the same can be said for machidas preformance against shogun, but it was shoguns fight to win, not machidas fight to lose.

shoguns corner was not used to the high profile type match like that, they are used to just telling shogun he is the man, and how great he is, and that brings me to my last point, it has been proven that these guys who came in from pride, are just out classed in the ufc, without their dirty down kicks, and head stomps they are nothing. there is a reason those pride guys was'nt in the ufc back in the day, and imo, the reason still applies. and dont try to tell me how good rampage was in the ufc, cause he always looked sloppy and out classed even in victory.

now all you turnip heads who have been crying since the machida shogun fight, need to just suck it up, and get back on the machida ban wagon you were all so quick to jump off of.

Shogun was not aggresive enough in the fight' date=' mainly becauses his corner kept telling him "you are winning, you are in control." in a championship fight your not "in control" till dana is putting that belt around your waist, imo. Shogun beat up on machida, but he did not beat him. my first reaction was that shogun won the fight, but after furter review, i have since came to agree with the decision made, hell if getting beat up on lost you the fight automatically forrest griffin would have never won a fight now would he? shogun never took machida down, he never knocked him down, and never appeared to have him hurt in the fight. the same can be said for machidas preformance against shogun, but it was shoguns fight to win, not machidas fight to lose.

shoguns corner was not used to the high profile type match like that, they are used to just telling shogun he is the man, and how great he is, and that brings me to my last point, it has been proven that these guys who came in from pride, are just out classed in the ufc, without their dirty down kicks, and head stomps they are nothing. there is a reason those pride guys was'nt in the ufc back in the day, and imo, the reason still applies. and dont try to tell me how good rampage was in the ufc, cause he always looked sloppy and out classed even in victory.

now all you turnip heads who have been crying since the machida shogun fight, need to just suck it up, and get back on the machida ban wagon you were all so quick to jump off of.[/quote']

your an obvious troll

Was never on the Machida bandwagon. You're an obvious troll, possibly AK's new alter ego.

I watched the fight again today and I'd argue it was 3-1 for Shogun with the first round being able to go either way. I watched the fight under judging criteria and Shogun clearly won.

And I don't see how an organization that is no longer around can "still suck"

oh is troll the new "in" thing to call someone? why dont you mental midgets try having an original thought once in awhile? i know it will hurt at first, but after a while you will get used to it.

fyi "troll" is the new in thing to call people on WoW as well, so collectively i am guessing you guys are 12 years old, and thus your opinions are not valid till your turn 18.

oh is troll the new "in" thing to call someone? why dont you mental midgets try having an original thought once in awhile? i know it will hurt at first' date=' but after a while you will get used to it.

fyi "troll" is the new in thing to call people on WoW as well, so collectively i am guessing you guys are 12 years old, and thus your opinions are not valid till your turn 18.[/quote']

shut up troll

truth stings dont it? now get on back to WoW before your momma puts you to bed little trooper. if your good maybe she will let you stay up plum to the main event on raw tonight, but i doubt it, cause me and her have a date tonight, and i dont want to see your little snotty face around when i show up.

Was never on the Machida bandwagon. You're an obvious troll' date=' possibly AK's new alter ego.

I watched the fight again today and I'd argue it was 3-1 for Shogun with the first round being able to go either way. I watched the fight under judging criteria and Shogun clearly won.

And I don't see how an organization that is no longer around can "still suck"[/quote']

same and even with the volume off that every one makes a big deal about, still had shogun winning the fight

NOBODY WON THE FIGHT. has everyone forgot that there is such a thing as a draw????, Shogun didn't do enough to win the title and Machida didn't do enough to win the fight. who would have argued if they had announced a draw? Machida is still champion, rightfully do, but his stock has definately went down

simply crying about shogun not winning the fight, does not make up for the fact that it was not a very good fight, and in no way lived up to the hype. their styles canceled each other out, and this "re-match" everyone is crying for, would be more of the same. with that being said, in a fight no better than this one really was, i would rather see the champion keep the belt, as a new champ crowned with questions of wether or not he really earned it.

shogun played his game plan out perfectly being patient and waiting for machida all the way up to the end of the 5th round. it was a bad game plan, shogun was waiting for machida to make a mistake and you seen how that worked out.

I disagree with the saying "You have to BEAT the champion to be the champion." Whether he pulls it out by a sliver or a landslide it shouldn't matter. The better fighter that night should be winner. So just because you're the champion means you should have an advantage with the judges already? I absolutely disagree with that. The bottom line is Shogun was the better man that night whether people expected him to be or not. He may not have wiped the floor with Lyoto but he definitely demonstrated better striking and octagon control. The only thing Machida really did was stuff the take down attempts. I think judges still have a tough time scoring shots to the body, amongst other things.

Pride has its place in history like a caveman with a tail. (I'm not putting down cavemen)

UFC has evolved and is upright and moving forward at great speed with efficiency and brutal effectiveness in promoting and delivering MMA to the world.

i just love how griffin beat rampage by leg kicks, yet they dont give the decision to shogun, who destroyed machidas legs, was the agressor, and did more damage i nthe clicn, and actaully attempted takedowns

**** what are you doing back up? if your momma finds out your out of bed she is going to tan your hide.

shut up child, men are trying to discuss a topic here.. be silent and let us speak

Machida not only clearly won the fight, but he clearly owns the Championship hardware and is clearly wearing the Championship belt.

Rua fans need to release their hate so truth can flow into their minds.

Machida not only clearly won the fight' date=' but he clearly owns the Championship hardware and is clearly wearing the Championship belt.

Rua fans need to release their hate so truth can flow into their minds.[/quote']

really? so this

FightMetric: 49-47 Rua

Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua

BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua

USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua

MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua... Read More

MMATorch : 48-47 Rua

MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua

MMAMania : 50-45 Rua

5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)

Fightlinker -- Rua (no score given)

ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua

Sherdog:

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Rua (48-47 Rua)

Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Rua (48-47 Rua)

Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Rua (50-45 Rua)

along with a few fighters on the post fight conference, and dana white agreeing shogun won the fight are wrong huh

why would he get an immediate rematch if dana white did not believe there was somethign wrong with that decision along with everyone else... thank you enough said

shut up child' date=' men are trying to discuss a topic here.. be silent and let us speak[/quote']

no one cares to hear what you have to say, if your always wrong, you would have thought life would have taught you that lil lesson by now.

really? so this

USAToday: 48-47 Rua' date=' 49-46 Rua

Sherdog:

along with a few fighters on the post fight conference, and dana white agreeing shogun won the fight are wrong huh

why would he get an immediate rematch if dana white did not believe there was somethign wrong with that decision along with everyone else... thank you enough said[/quote']

there will not be a rematch any time soon.

there will not be a rematch any time soon.

only because machidas legs need to recover, the man can barely walk right now let alone laugh because of his bruised ribcage and dignity... lyotos next match is against shogun

I agree 100%. Machida won the fight. Rua, did however, give a lot of fighters the blueprint to defeating Machida, but he just didnt get it done. Leg kicks only get you so far. Machida exhibited great takedown defense, he landed more punches and painful knees, and he initiated more attacks. Shogun has swarming knockout power, but didnt use it once against Machida. He wanted to leave it to the judges to decide, thats not how you go after a title. I dont know about the whole "pride still sucks" thing.... but Rua could have had this one in the bag, but failed..... next time KNOCK HIS HEAD OFF!

btw: before anyone claims for me to be a Machida fan boy, i really dont care for either fighter. Machida is good however.... destroyed Evans and so many others, but his time was up at UFC104.....but Rua didnt fully deliver! Machida wins UD in my book.

No but you're blind.

True that

people on WoW as well, so collectively i am guessing you guys are 12 years old

^This = completely stupid wtf does WoW have to do with UFC and trolls and UFC forums? seriously ...

okay, here is its, I dont know if anyone has said this already or not, I couldnt read the same thing over and over again for 3 pages.. Machida won the fight case and point, yes it was a good, but boring fight.. The reason Machida won is very simple, how many times did Shogun shoot in for a take down and PHAIL, with a PH ALOT.. Those scored Machida points, it didnt come down who did the most damage, Shogun, or who did the most deveistating damage. Machida.. It came down to who scored more points, and every time Shogun shot in, he was just giving machida points.

and what is with people calling Machida fans, fan boys.. Really grow up, the same thing can be said about Shogun fans.. I like machida because he is a great fighter, very smart and very fast. I have liked him since I first saw him fight Rich Franklin on youtube.. So stop calling people fan boys. it gets us no where.

Shogun was not aggresive enough in the fight' date=' mainly becauses his corner kept telling him "you are winning, you are in control." in a championship fight your not "in control" till dana is putting that belt around your waist, imo. Shogun beat up on machida, but he did not beat him. my first reaction was that shogun won the fight, but after furter review, i have since came to agree with the decision made, hell if getting beat up on lost you the fight automatically forrest griffin would have never won a fight now would he? shogun never took machida down, he never knocked him down, and never appeared to have him hurt in the fight. the same can be said for machidas preformance against shogun, but it was shoguns fight to win, not machidas fight to lose.

now all you turnip heads who have been crying since the machida shogun fight, need to just suck it up, and get back on the machida ban wagon you were all so quick to jump off of.[/quote']Your not a troll, if you love Lyoto thats great, but dont be blind to the fact Shogun won!

so why didnt you watch pride' date=' was that still during your wwe phase?[/quote']

your the most uneducated person on these forums, congratulations

so why didnt you watch pride' date=' was that still during your wwe phase?[/quote']

no i'm not from Japan which is, where if i'm not mistaken is the only location it was available to, at least not where i live in upstate NY

your the most uneducated person on these forums' date=' congratulations[/quote']

me uneducated? you dont have to answer to this, but exactlly how many times did you spell check your comment before finally sending it? you know the answer and thats all that matters.

really? so this

USAToday: 48-47 Rua' date=' 49-46 Rua

Sherdog:

why would he get an immediate rematch if dana white did not believe there was somethign wrong with that decision along with everyone else... thank you enough said[/quote']

THANK YOU atleast someone can show the hardcore facts!

no i'm not from Japan which is' date=' where if i'm not mistaken is the only location it was available to, at least not where i live in upstate NY[/quote']

oh ok, so all of us that did watch it were in japan. you admit it yourself, you never saw it, so you really dont have much of an argument for it now do you? there is a reason they call the pride stuff you have saw on ufc programs "highlights" go back and watch the tons of other lack luster fights they had, then come back and agree with me, or just admit your wrong. you have two options, choose wisely.

Shogun was not aggresive enough in the fight' date=' mainly becauses his corner kept telling him "you are winning, you are in control." in a championship fight your not "in control" till dana is putting that belt around your waist, imo. [/quote']

I couldn't have said it any better myself--RIGHT ON BOOGERMAN!

I disagree with the saying "You have to BEAT the champion to be the champion." Whether he pulls it out by a sliver or a landslide it shouldn't matter. The better fighter that night should be winner. So just because you're the champion means you should have an advantage with the judges already? I absolutely disagree with that. The bottom line is Shogun was the better man that night whether people expected him to be or not. He may not have wiped the floor with Lyoto but he definitely demonstrated better striking and octagon control. The only thing Machida really did was stuff the take down attempts. I think judges still have a tough time scoring shots to the body' date=' amongst other things.[/quote']

very good point. thank God someone agrees with me on this. it is a fight before anything else, and shogun won. the title comes after. and after the rematch Shogun will get his belt

oh ok' date=' so all of us that did watch it were in japan. you admit it yourself, you never saw it, so you really dont have much of an argument for it now do you? there is a reason they call the pride stuff you have saw on ufc programs "highlights" go back and watch the tons of other lack luster fights they had, then come back and agree with me, or just admit your wrong. you have two options, choose wisely.[/quote']

you're right i'm ashamed of myself...if they had a crying smiley i'd use it

OMG SHOGUN didnt win a belt, he won 2 out 5 rounds. Look at how many points he gave Machida.. come on people how can you really say he won, " becuase he did more damage" that doesnt mean **** when it comes to points. Machida won and will win in a rematch.

LYOTO MACHIDA THE REAL LHW CHAMP... AND HAS BELT TO PROVE IT