Sign in to follow this  
yup121406051950

machida vs shogun2 at 106

how come they don't make fight happen cause if you hear them

they said they will fight any where anytime

it would be perfect for ufc and maybe dana white would see this thread and make it happen

wont happen, too soon, machida will need time to recover and either will want more to to devise a strategy to not absorb as much damage to his legs as he did in this last fight, he is going to have to win convincingly this time, because another fight like that one will have to go to shogun because they wont have dumb **** judges next time, not to mention cecil peoples

it would be perfect for ufc and maybe dana white would see this thread and make it happen

You ever hear of recovery time?

depending on the damege they took during the fight, all fighters recieve medical suspensions after the fight i believe. shogun and machida didnt do much damage to each other so i would guess a week at the most. but this fight wont happen till next year at the earliest.

Did you see the damage that both of these guys took? Not even just Machida. Do you think internal bruising and destroyed muscles would repair by November? None the less time to repair and recondition. Anyone that thinks this is even a possibility is a moron. This isn't football. This isn't a sport that can be done weekly like your fake wrestling. Nor could it even be done monthly. Let them recover. Let them re-train. Lets see who has the heart of a champion. Who comes back and decides that they refuse to lose a round. They are both ready and willing. I understand alot of people were upset. But when a score is 48-47, it can lean either way. Not a judge hardly anywhere didn't give Machida 2 rounds. With how close some were, it wouldn't be too outside to say Machida coulda stole one by stuffng takedowns and keeping position in the center of the ring (did say steal btw). Its not a big deal. I've watch MMA for years. If you let someone make the decision for you, they don't see the same thing as you or everyone else for that matter.

no they will get a months rest

if u rember people from old ufc fought every other day and never complained i think these fighters have to much rest

yeah in case you hadn't noticed, old UFC failed miserably. It took Dana giving it some rules and guidelines to give it the structure of a competitive sport. Did you see Matt Hughes and Gracie? I don't care if Gracie is old. Matt in his prime would have still destroyed Gracie at any point in his career. Younger and more trained talent are rubbing out old fighters all the time. Old ufc was lame

IDK there was no significant damage expressed by either fighter, but it certainly looked like there could have been to Machida as he had the more damaging strikes inflicted on him. I would love to see it that soon ONLY if they were both physically ready for it.

What about at UFC 108?? Have Machida fight alongside his friend Anderson Silva..

Silva and Vitor suppose to headline UFC 108 in January if I'm not mistaken. What a way to start a new year for the UFC to have Silva vs. Belfort and Machida vs. Shogun 2. Roughly 3 months time to recover... thats pretty good

No way will this happen as everybody has said it would be less than a month to train and recover but Gsp should be ready to go...it would be nice to see him fight somebody anybody really or Silva and Nate marquardt but he just fought so...Lets get Gsp in there

wont happen' date=' too soon, machida will need time to recover and either will want more to to devise a strategy to not absorb as much damage to his legs as he did in this last fight, he is going to have to win convincingly this time, because another fight like that one will have to go to shogun because they wont have dumb **** judges next time, not to mention cecil peoples[/quote']

agree with this. as much as i want to see this as soon as possible its way to soon with as much damage as machida took

Not a very good idea...Dana will have to put some other option in that slot. Machida and Rua need ample time to recover/train/strategize. 2 fight cards in between a title match up isnt enough, or fair for both fighters. I understand that you want Rua to win asap, but its just not gunna happen. The rematch will probably be next year...probably after UFC 108...(would be sweet if it was 108 huh?)

Folks - I want to see this rematch as much as all of you, but let's not put the cart before the horse. These guys aren't the barroom brawlers of the old UFC. These guys are ATHLETES, and the only time it's worth watching these guys compete is when they're BOTH fully prepared. Now, having said that, I think Machida owes (and wants) a rematch. UFC 108 sounds like a bang up idea if they can both be ready in that time. I don't think Shogun needs to prove his worth with a warm up fight, and I think even die hard Machida fans would agree. Also, both of these guys are elite, and will be ready earlier than most UFC fighters, especially, when you consider the limited damage both guys endured. This will be an epic rematch, and if Dana can put together a great card for the event, it will be even more historic. Saturday was a GREAT fight, and I can't wait for these two guys to get after it one more time! Let's just make sure they're both ready to go, or the fight will be lame!

month is more then enuogh to recover, if Lyoto's legs need more time, that says a lot about the outcome of the first match. They shouldnt have the time to develop too much of a new game plan, recover, and then fight again.

shogun never earned a title match in the ufc' date=' and he sure dont deserve a re-match, just let this go, and maybe we can see what anderson silva has in store for shogun.[/quote']

this is the smartest thing i have ever seen on these forums. shogun beat old man river and barely beat olderman river to get a shot at the undefeated champion and then lost unanimously. not seeing the deserving of a title match. because dana white is having his period over the judging. waaaaaaaaaaa suck it up and move on.

this is the smartest thing i have ever seen on these forums. shogun beat old man river and barely beat olderman river to get a shot at the undefeated champion and then lost unanimously. not seeing the deserving of a title match. because dana white is having his period over the judging. waaaaaaaaaaa suck it up and move on.

I agree that Shogun's previous performances in the UFC did not warrant a title shot but his performance in the title shot qualifies him for another won. Compare his fight against Machida with everyone else who couldn't touch him and Shogun is at the top of the heap.

To those that think a month recovery is enough time- you are not well informed. The fighters bust their cans in training (usually enduring minor injury there too) and then enter the fight. Almost every fighter will indicate that they take a week or so after a fight to rest if there were no injuries. Then they can begin normal training again. Machida's injuries wouldn't prevent him from training but would effect him in sparring and drills.

The UFC should set this fight up as soon as it would be practical and fair to both fighters. The last thing they need is another decision that viewers have a reason to think it was unfair.

Machida needs more time to recover.... His legs and ribs are all bruised up.. and he has a pretty cute scar on his face that he just got stitched.. as for shogun i think he has a small mouse under his eye..

and people say machida won..