Sign in to follow this  
plyhard

No rematch for Shogun

Machida won, that is a reality.

3 independent judges - not under the influence of Rogan or alcohol - unanimously made the correct call in naming Shogun the loser.

Time to move on and let Team Rua contemplate another loss in the UFC. Team Rua and fans need to appreciate Shogun for what he was and for failing while "daring greatly" - which is honorable, especially the way he fought. Rua fans have largely disgraced themselves with proclamations of what they are going or not going to do. Rogan of course leads this a** clown parade.

However, we shouldn't slow down the UFC train. Shogun is not entitled to any rematch. If it occurs it is because Dana White understands business, and prefers that controversy be settled in the octagon.

The antics of Shogun fans acting out with passionate animus telling their story of UFC betrayal to any and all - must now be ignored. Belaboring the not-so-tragic loss that Shogun suffered at the hands of Machida is neither wise nor productive.

Bottomline: at some point the power players must move UFC forward, instead of dwelling on yet another prize fighter who has a sad story to tell.

Play on...

How many retarded topics are you going to make until you figure out you are in the minority so your opinion isn't going to matter? The majority feel he won, he IS getting his rematch, and it WILL go down as one of the most controversial decision in the history of mma. End of story.

really? so this

FightMetric: 49-47 Rua

Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua

BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua

USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua

MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua... Read More

MMATorch : 48-47 Rua

MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua

MMAMania : 50-45 Rua

5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)

Fightlinker -- Rua (no score given)

ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua

Sherdog:

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Rua (48-47 Rua)

Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Rua (48-47 Rua)

Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Rua (50-45 Rua)

along with a few fighters on the post fight conference, and dana white agreeing shogun won the fight are wrong huh

why would he get an immediate rematch if dana white did not believe there was somethign wrong with that decision along with everyone else... thank you enough said

82.80% of people on this forum alone think shogun won. in its self that demands for a rematch

in reality your comment only proves that shoguns fans know how to use a computer and enter the ufc forums. why would people that are in agrement with the decision feel the need to come on here and rant and rave. in all due respect the only time people come on here in numbers is after a close match to rant and rave about their fighter loosing.

oh and by the way, machida is still the champ , thats reality, come to grips with it. a rematch will change nothing, the out come will be the same, or tragically worse for shogun fans

i say it again' date=' Shogun didn't do enough to win the title and Machida didn't do enough to win the fight, ergo IT WAS A DRAW

Shogun didn't do enough to win the title? What about the fight? Which.......was FOR the title?

Look, the champ has to prove himself everytime they step in the octagon. Look at BJ, for the most part, a perfect example. He looks forward to having a war, proving he is better than his opponent. Otherwise, a challenger would just have to prove themselves against one champ, and be able to run away the rest of his career

Shogun didn't do enough to win the title? What about the fight? Which.......was FOR the title?

Look' date=' the champ has to prove himself everytime they step in the octagon. Look at BJ, for the most part, a perfect example. He looks forward to having a war, proving he is better than his opponent. Otherwise, a challenger would just have to prove themselves against one champ, and be able to run away the rest of his career[/quote']

what i saw was a fight to close to call, i wanted shogun to win, but i do believe you have to take the title, i saw a good game plan but not enough damage inflicted to win a title, that being said Machida definately did not win the fight, but i think he didn enough to warrant a draw, neither fighter deserved a loss on their record

No show Shogun needs to put his tail between his legs and gracefully disappear into the sunset--He is a beaten down man that needs to accept his defeat; maybe he should go home and cry on his mothers shoulder to feel better about his losing attempt to win a title.

Do not give him a rematch--he had his chance and blew it--now give someone else a title shot and hopefully the new challenger will give a 110% performance.

in reality your comment only proves that shoguns fans know how to use a computer and enter the ufc forums. why would people that are in agrement with the decision feel the need to come on here and rant and rave. in all due respect the only time people come on here in numbers is after a close match to rant and rave about their fighter loosing.

oh and by the way' date=' machida is still the champ , thats reality, come to grips with it. a rematch will change nothing, the out come will be the same, or tragically worse for shogun fans[/quote']

Ok so what about the people that were all booing the decision at the end? Yet at the start of the fight all you could hear was machida fans chanting his name, this kinda tells me they thought it was the wrong decision aswell?

what i saw was a fight to close to call' date=' i wanted shogun to win, but i do believe you have to take the title, i saw a good game plan but not enough damage inflicted to win a title, that being said Machida definately did not win the fight, but i think he didn enough to warrant a draw, neither fighter deserved a loss on their record[/quote']

But you can't think about the title when talking about a fight. It's a fight first and foremost. Their record will change because of it. So if a fighter wins his fight, it should go under the win column. You can't just say, no, you don't get a W, but a L because you didn't do good enough. If you do good enough to win a fight, obviously your opponent didn't do good enough to win it, so thus you beat them. And just because it was close, but still in one mans favor, but not the champs, doesn't mean that it should be a draw, and the champ keep his title. Otherwise it's like a waste of a fight.

Look, a win is a win is a win, period.

i say it again' date=' Shogun didn't do enough to win the title and Machida didn't do enough to win the fight, ergo IT WAS A DRAW

The title holder shouldn't have to do a damn thing. He has the belt, now let the challenger try and take it from him. Shogun couldn't do it, or felt that he didn't have to WORK that hard in getting it. Anyone that relies on JUDGES to decide a fight are making a big MISTAKE.

No show Shogun needs to put his tail between his legs and gracefully disappear into the sunset--He is a beaten down man that needs to accept his defeat; maybe he should go home and cry on his mothers shoulder to feel better about his losing attempt to win a title.

Do not give him a rematch--he had his chance and blew it--now give someone else a title shot and hopefully the new challenger will give a 110% performance.

This is laughable. It was a victory for Shogun, though the records may show differently, and he may not have the title, but still. It's defiantly a morale victory too, for the most part, especially when the champ himself doesn't feel to proud about the "win".

Shogun was robbed. You're blind if you can't see it. I didn't make the decision until i saw the fight and I just did. I like Machidas take down defense tho

Look' date=' the champ has to prove himself everytime they step in the octagon. Look at BJ, for the most part, a perfect example. He looks forward to having a war, proving he is better than his opponent. Otherwise, a challenger would just have to prove themselves against one champ, and be able to run away the rest of his career[/quote']

been a while cappy, I'm not feeling immediate-rematch for business reasons ... if Rua was ko'd early in the rematch, his stock drops dramatically plus he may not want to climb the ladder & maybe Machida won't be at the top of the ladder, Rua vs. Thiago, Rashad, Belfort, Henderson, Franklin, Ortiz etc.

also, Rua's corner told him he won every round so he did not go for the kill, you simply must ko the champ to avoid judges, controversy, fan-booing during the fight etc.

... and so many people are writing off Machida in the possible rematch which is totally ignorant ... if you dismiss Machida, you dismiss Yoshizo & Black House ... a serious under-estimation . :eek:

this whole crap about "to be the champ you really have to take his belt and beat him"....NO. thats f*cking retarded. dont just stupidly mime what the idiot mike goldberg and others say. a fight is a fight. period. forget the title. and in this fight, shogun won. title comes after. the rules dont change for a title fight, the only difference is that there are 2 additional rounds, but it should be scored the same

the true champ will get his belt in the rematch

I'm not asking for a rematch, I live in the real world :P. And I certainly don't write off Machida for a rematch, I mean, you don't go 15 1/2 - 0 for nothing. But people have to realize that Shogun was probably the real victor in this match, and to say he doesn't deserve another shot at the title sometime soon, is ridicoulous.

Machida won' date=' that is a reality.

3 independent judges - not under the influence of Rogan or alcohol - unanimously made the correct call in naming Shogun the loser.

Time to move on and let Team Rua contemplate another loss in the UFC. Team Rua and fans need to appreciate Shogun for what he was and for failing while "daring greatly" - which is honorable, especially the way he fought. Rua fans have largely disgraced themselves with proclamations of what they are going or not going to do. Rogan of course leads this a** clown parade.

However, we shouldn't slow down the UFC train. Shogun is not entitled to any rematch. If it occurs it is because Dana White understands business, and prefers that controversy be settled in the octagon.

The antics of Shogun fans acting out with passionate animus telling their story of UFC betrayal to any and all - must now be ignored. Belaboring the not-so-tragic loss that Shogun suffered at the hands of Machida is neither wise nor productive.

Bottomline: at some point the power players must move UFC forward, instead of dwelling on yet another prize fighter who has a sad story to tell.

Play on...[/quote']

You're a F****** idiot! Machida was a 6-1 favorite going into the fight you act as if everybody was rooting for Shogun. Funny thing is that last time I checked the Voting Poll on who won, 568 voted Shogun and only 118 voted Machida. That's a huge margin, and I doubt those that voted for Shogun were fans of his before the fight. Listen just accept the fact that you're part of the minority group that is trying to convince themselves that Machida really won.

i feel a title match is different to regular fight, shogun was referred to as "The Challenger" because he is challenging for something, and when challenging for anything you have to take it, and let it be known that you took it. thats why when there is a draw, the title holder retains the belt instead of it becoming vaccant

82.80% of people on this forum alone think shogun won. in its self that demands for a rematch

I think the majority of that 82% voted for Shogun as soon as the fight was over, without trying to rewatch the fight to see why the judges scored it 48-47 Machida. I almost voted for Shogun on the poll but then decided to watch the fight again, and now I'm glad I didn't because the judges made the right call.

USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua

Sherdog:

this, alogn with the entire arena booing, dana white telling shogun he won the fight, several fighters saying shogun won the fight, lyotos lack of confidence behind his win saying that the judges made their decision and there is nothing he can do, and dana white giving shogun an immediate rematch should tell all the machida ****s that something was wrong with the decision, given the fact that cecil peoples was one of the judges, and he scored silva vs leites 48-47... i mean cmon guys, deal with reality here

USAToday: 48-47 Rua' date=' 49-46 Rua

Sherdog:

this, alogn with the entire arena booing, dana white telling shogun he won the fight, several fighters saying shogun won the fight, lyotos lack of confidence behind his win saying that the judges made their decision and there is nothing he can do, and dana white giving shogun an immediate rematch should tell all the machida ****s that something was wrong with the decision, given the fact that cecil peoples was one of the judges, and he scored silva vs leites 48-47... i mean cmon guys, deal with reality here[/quote']

How many times are you going to post this crap?

I think the majority of that 82% voted for Shogun as soon as the fight was over' date=' without trying to rewatch the fight to see why the judges scored it 48-47 Machida. I almost voted for Shogun on the poll but then decided to watch the fight again, and now I'm glad I didn't because the judges made the right call.[/quote']

Exactly. Rogan had a lot to do with that.

Machida won' date=' that is a reality.

Play on...[/quote']

I saw a different fight than you honestly but it did go to the judges and all fighters know not to let it go to the cards.

How many times are you going to post this crap?

Just curious, why are you so quick to close all the Shogun won threads but let people make as many Shogun lost threads as they want?

Just curious' date=' why are you so quick to close all the Shogun won threads but let people make as many Shogun lost threads as they want?[/quote']

because he hates shogun

ogun is not entitled to any rematch

Get the **** out of here he doesnt a rematch of course he does it was so close and im sure shogun won that and is entitled to a rematch

i feel a title match is different to regular fight' date=' shogun was referred to as "The Challenger" because he is challenging for something, and when challenging for anything you have to take it, and let it be known that you took it. thats why when there is a draw, the title holder retains the belt instead of it becoming vaccant[/quote']

No.....no no no no no. There is no written rule that says you have to be convincing in a win. A win is a win is a win.....unless it's not convincing, then, it's not a win? Really?

In hockey or basketball or football, is there a written moral code that says you have to win by two points, baskets, touchdowns, ect. to win? If someone goes to take the title of a "Record Holder" in the Guiness Book of Records, are you suppose to beat the record by a certain amount or something? Or can you obtain it by one unit?

because he hates shogun

He doesn't want to accept the fact that the Machida era never happened because of Shogun. Machida's face expressions when he was getting hit says it all. Dana White admitted that Shogun won, and he wasn't listening to Rogan like G row says

80% of the people in this forum dont know **** about MMA, Martial Arts or point scoring. They didnt even understand what was going on in the fight. The only thing they saw was leg and body kicks. They didnt see when 70% of those shots were either missed our blocked or checked. And they didnt see that when shogun landed a kick he got punched in the face simultaneously. You guys are amateurs.

He doesn't want to accept the fact that the Machida era never happened because of Shogun. Machida's face expressions when he was getting hit says it all. Dana White admitted that Shogun won' date=' and he wasn't listening to Rogan like G row says[/quote']

If you listened to everything Dana said, he also said that he had it 2-2 and wasn't sure about one round.

If you listened to everything Dana said' date=' he also said that he had it 2-2 and wasn't sure about one round.[/quote']

he gave him an immediate rematch for a reason, just throwing that out there

i agree.. machida won.. show is over.. who`s next to fight the dragon? vitor belfort, spider silva, rampage jackson, rashad evans, ryan bader, tito ortiz, thiago silva, jason brilz, chuck liddell or the winner of the couture vs vera fight.. who is gonna fight the dragon next... or is the ufc gonna have a big waste of time on there hands like they did with shamrock vs ortiz..big waste of time... the show must go on and all contenders deserve a shot for the title.. before there time in the octgon is up... being the champ means to move on and set down a path of destruction... NO U-TURNS

I am not a fan of either fighter. I like them both as fighters who do their jobs well. I just like all forms of MMA. I didnt really care who won as long as it was a good fight. But I will say that Shogun did win that fight and he should have the belt.

If you listened to everything Dana said' date=' he also said that he had it 2-2 and wasn't sure about one round.[/quote']

You never answered my question...I realize I can't make you answer, but I'd appreciate it if you did.

machida won' date=' that is a reality.

3 independent judges - not under the influence of rogan or alcohol - unanimously made the correct call in naming shogun the loser.

Time to move on and let team rua contemplate another loss in the ufc. Team rua and fans need to appreciate shogun for what he was and for failing while "daring greatly" - which is honorable, especially the way he fought. Rua fans have largely disgraced themselves with proclamations of what they are going or not going to do. Rogan of course leads this a** clown parade.

However, we shouldn't slow down the ufc train. Shogun is not entitled to any rematch. If it occurs it is because dana white understands business, and prefers that controversy be settled in the octagon.

The antics of shogun fans acting out with passionate animus telling their story of ufc betrayal to any and all - must now be ignored. Belaboring the not-so-tragic loss that shogun suffered at the hands of machida is neither wise nor productive.

Bottomline: At some point the power players must move ufc forward, instead of dwelling on yet another prize fighter who has a sad story to tell.

Play on...[/quote']

wtf, what are you smoking bro, i watched that match 3 times over. I could of swore that wasant rua, standing there looking confused about to crumble from vicious leg kicks and only throwing flurries here and there. Bottom line your out number 1000 to a few, i have no idea what you very few were watching. Except to say it wasant machida's night and rua didnt take advatage, haha. Rogan is idiot. A def person who knows nothing about mma can watch that match and tell ya rua didnt dominate but he CLEARLY did way more then machida.

You must be a machida fan because there is no way he one that fight. I guess dana white must of not wanted machida to be a one time hit so he had the judges screw Rua. Personally I wont order another Pay Per View machida fight simply because I seen lose already when the next Light Weight Champion becomes champion ill be sure to order that.

80% of the people in this forum dont know **** about MMA' date=' Martial Arts or point scoring. They didnt even understand what was going on in the fight. The only thing they saw was leg and body kicks. They didnt see when 70% of those shots were either missed our blocked or checked. And they didnt see that when shogun landed a kick he got punched in the face simultaneously. You guys are amateurs.[/quote']

What do you expect out of a herd of sheep that can only say one thing. They do not have a mind of their own and cannot think outside of the cage. Half of this fight had to be won OUTSIDE of the cage where the judges were sitting and they were NOT buying Shoguns half hearted attempt at wanting this belt.

he gave him an immediate rematch for a reason' date=' just throwing that out there[/quote'] ... I'm reading the post-fight transcript on fightnews reported by Andreas Hale, Dana is quoted as saying "I think there will be a rematch, I talked to them after & they both agreed to it" ... DW left a little wiggle-room because an immediate re-match is a bad business move, don't hold your breath .

Has Dana re-worded since the post-fight conference ? .. :confused:

Of course Shogun deserves a rematch. It was a razor thin decision (even on the judges score cards) and it was the first time we've ever seen Machida tested, let alone lose a round (two). This was a great fight, and Shogun fans need to let go of the idea that Shogun won the fight. I guarantee, if he's going to test Machida in the future, Shogun himself will have to let the past be the past. Both these guys need to start training stat, because a rematch is coming in the near future. Machida wants it, Shogun wants it, and the majority of the UFC fans want it. Personally, I can't wait for it. Shogun looked great (won the fight in many people's eyes) and Machida was who we all knew he was, but if Shogun is going to capture Machida's belt, he needs to start prepping for the rematch. Also, Machida fans should want a rematch. This fight is ripe with controversy (one way or another) and for Dana to not capitalize on that hype would be very unDana of him, and Machida WILL want to silence his critics.

really? so this

Sherdog:

along with a few fighters on the post fight conference, and dana white agreeing shogun won the fight are wrong huh

why would he get an immediate rematch if dana white did not believe there was somethign wrong with that decision along with everyone else... thank you enough said[/quote']

Agreed, it amazes me how anyone can say machida won.Except to say that it wasant Machida's night, Shogun should of took advatage, haha. Shogun, didnt dominate. But he did more then enough to get the dec. Machida, looked confused and about to crumble with flurries here and there that rua blocked. Rua executed an awsome game plan. Enough, to win.

this fight was so close, I am a huge Machida fan so i was glad with the decision, but i have to admit i thought that he lost that fight, as much as it pains me to say i think Shogun won the fight. But If you think this was a bad decision you should just watch a few boxing matches that go to decision, they are a lot worse than this fight.

really? so this

Sherdog:

why would he get an immediate rematch if dana white did not believe there was somethign wrong with that decision along with everyone else... thank you enough said[/quote']

this right here is basically proof that shogun won.. the only ones saying machida won are a few fans who are mostly new fans who have joined the machida bandwagon cause of how they hyped em.. and cecil peoples.. which side has more credibility??