shogun never earned a title shot anyway..

boogieman72

so apparently these pride has beens get title shots based on what the did in pride. cause how do you justify shogun earning the title shot in the first place? by beating a washed up chuck liddell? shogun never earned a title shot in the ufc, and he damn sure does not deserve a re-match for the belt giving him a second chance to get lucky and actually win a legitament title, cause lets face it, "pride gran prix champion" dont carry much weight any more.

pride sucked, i could beat anyone in the ufc if they let me stomp on their heads.

.....so many morons out there.

PRIDE did not suck, it was better than the UFC in a lot of ways, and some of the best fighters ever have come from PRIDE. and shogun didnt deserve a shot? who else were they gonna give it to? machida said he didnt want to wait so long for the winner of rampage/rashad (before rampage bailed out) and evrryone else was either locked up in another fight, or had just lost. so shogun was the obvious choice.

considering how well shogun did and how much more punishment he delivered to machida, he not only deserved the title shot but that belt is rightfully his as well.

here are some fighters that fought in PRIDE, their accomplishments speak for themselves:

wanderlei silva

fedor emelianenko

Noguiera (Big and Lil)

Shogun

crocop

anderson silva

hendo

vitor belfort

kazushi sakuraba

rampage jackson

and many many other....

.....so many morons out there.

PRIDE did not suck' date=' it was better than the UFC in a lot of ways, and some of the best fighters ever have come from PRIDE. and shogun didnt deserve a shot? who else were they gonna give it to? machida said he didnt want to wait so long for the winner of rampage/rashad (before rampage bailed out) and evrryone else was either locked up in another fight, or had just lost. so shogun was the obvious choice.

considering how well shogun did and how much more punishment he delivered to machida, he not only deserved the title shot but that belt is rightfully his as well.

here are some fighters that fought in PRIDE, their accomplishments speak for themselves:

wanderlei silva

fedor emelianenko

Noguiera (Big and Lil)

Shogun

crocop

anderson silva

hendo

vitor belfort

kazushi sakuraba

rampage jackson

and many many other....[/quote']

so you admit that the only reason shogun got the fight is because he was the only one available for it? the only pride fighter i still give any credit to at all is hendo, maybe wandy, but wandy has'nt proven hisself in the octogon yet imo.

dont feed this troll

you have been defeated pal, i just wished you were man enough to admit it, so that we could get on with our lifes. but if you cant man up enough to admit it, i am available to fight you at any up coming ufc event. how about this we both sign up for TUF 11, were i will proceed to punch a hole in your face.

FightMetric: 49-47 Rua

Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua

BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua

USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua

MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua... Read More

MMATorch : 48-47 Rua

MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua

MMAMania : 50-45 Rua

5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)

Fightlinker -- Rua (no score given)

ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua

Sherdog:

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Rua (48-47 Rua)

Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Rua (48-47 Rua)

Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Rua (50-45 Rua)

this, alogn with the entire arena booing, dana white telling shogun he won the fight, several fighters saying shogun won the fight, lyotos lack of confidence behind his win saying that the judges made their decision and there is nothing he can do, and dana white giving shogun an immediate rematch should tell all the machida ****s that something was wrong with the decision, given the fact that cecil peoples was one of the judges, and he scored silva vs leites 48-47... i mean cmon guys, deal with reality here

Wow' date=' how ignorant of a title, I'm not gonna bother reading your post. But for someone who never deserved a shot, he sure came close as hell to taking that title away....wow...ignorance[/quote']

any one has a chance to beat anyone else on any givin night, thats why the have the fights, cause you never know. but the fact that shogun did not earn the title shot is pretty plan to see. you explain how he earned a ufc title shot without mentioning pride then.....

USAToday: 48-47 Rua' date=' 49-46 Rua

Sherdog:

this, alogn with the entire arena booing, dana white telling shogun he won the fight, several fighters saying shogun won the fight, lyotos lack of confidence behind his win saying that the judges made their decision and there is nothing he can do, and dana white giving shogun an immediate rematch should tell all the machida ****s that something was wrong with the decision, given the fact that cecil peoples was one of the judges, and he scored silva vs leites 48-47... i mean cmon guys, deal with reality here[/quote']

oh so dana took a break from twittering long enough to form an opinion on a fight? well it must be so then.

so you admit that the only reason shogun got the fight is because he was the only one available for it? the only pride fighter i still give any credit to at all is hendo' date=' maybe wandy, but wandy has'nt proven hisself in the octogon yet imo.[/quote']

most of the time fighters are given title shots because they are the logical choice, since no one else is ready at that moment. very rarely is someone the true "#1 contender".

when brock fought randy, he wasnt the #1 contender, but he won and is now the champ. when anderson silva came to the UFC and beat only chris leben he got a shot, not the undisputed #1, but he won and is still the champ. when forrest fought rampage, he had only a 1 fight win streak (against shogun) and he fought and won, becoming champ.

and now shogun, whether undisputed #1 contender or not, he fought, punished, and defeated machida, and is now the champ. he will soon get his belt

so you admit that the only reason shogun got the fight is because he was the only one available for it? the only pride fighter i still give any credit to at all is hendo' date=' maybe wandy, but wandy has'nt proven hisself in the octogon yet imo.[/quote']

Wanderlei in his prime would eat machida for lunch. The most aggressive and devastating striker of your lifetime, pal.

any one has a chance to beat anyone else on any givin night' date=' thats why the have the fights, cause you never know. but the fact that shogun did not earn the title shot is pretty plan to see. you explain how he earned a ufc title shot without mentioning pride then.....[/quote']

He didn't deserve the title shot and beats the Champion lol. So what is your arguement you F****** turd

any one has a chance to beat anyone else on any givin night' date=' thats why the have the fights, cause you never know. but the fact that shogun did not earn the title shot is pretty plan to see. you explain how he earned a ufc title shot without mentioning pride then.....[/quote']

Again, more ignorance. You can't not mention Pride, it was apart of their career. If you're not allowed to look at a fighters past, then how do fighters become pros? They have scouts that go out and look at amateur fighters and decide who's good enough. You can't just have someone come up and say I fight, put me in your org.

And while yes, one may have a chance to beat someone, that saying is generally used to say anyone can KO or sub anyone. But to outscore someone throughout a whole fight is a little bit different

Again' date=' more ignorance. You can't not mention Pride, it was apart of their career. If you're not allowed to look at a fighters past, then how do fighters become pros? They have scouts that go out and look at amateur fighters and decide who's good enough. You can't just have someone come up and say I fight, put me in your org.

And while yes, one may have a chance to beat someone, that saying is generally used to say anyone can KO or sub anyone. But to outscore someone throughout a whole fight is a little bit different[/quote']

you did a real good job explaining how he earned a title shot there, and nice pride name drop. just leave the treads to me, and you keep your lil comments coming trooper.

so apparently Ufc champs can make a living running away? More ufc studs have gone down since they merged! Pride might not have been as successful but they have done great. Machida is boring and ran away yet again. If shogun did what he always did and threw caution to the wind machida would still be out. I'm quick! I could probably run away from a ufc fighter for a while too. that does not a champ make.

you did a real good job explaining how he earned a title shot there' date=' and nice pride name drop. just leave the treads to me, and you keep your lil comments coming trooper.[/quote']

Aha, acting like your supreme, funny. Your opinion has little to no value. I was never here in the first place to debate that he did or didn't earn it, but in the end, according to who you talk to, he beat/almost beat the champ, which shows he was indeed worthy of the shot. And again, how can you not bring up Pride? Real ignorance.

so apparently Ufc champs can make a living running away? More ufc studs have gone down since they merged! Pride might not have been as successful but they have done great. Machida is boring and ran away yet again. If shogun did what he always did and threw caution to the wind machida would still be out. I'm quick! I could probably run away from a ufc fighter for a while too. that does not a champ make.

why didnt shogun "do what he always does" then?

Aha' date=' acting like your supreme, funny. Your opinion has little to no value. I was never here in the first place to debate that he did or didn't earn it, but in the end, according to who you talk to, he beat/almost beat the champ, which shows he was indeed worthy of the shot. And again, how can you not bring up Pride? Real ignorance.[/quote']

i am sorry but in all your gibberish i did nt see you explaining anything, would you like to clear that up, or are you ready to admit you cant explain it, and are merely repeating the opinions of others you have read on here today?

I will use your criteria here to talk about some fighters who got their title shots for no reason also. Anderson Silva, former Pride fighter knocks out Chris"If you didn't watch the 1st season of TUF you don't know who the hell I am" Leben and gets a title shot. Quinton Jackson, former Pride fighter knocks out Marvin"I am only famous for the big hatchet cut I got from Vitor Belfort's knees" Eastman. I guess your criteria finally made it into the hands of Dana and Joe Silva because Hendo didn't get a title shot. Granted I love Hendo for everything he did in "PRIDE" hasn't done much in the UFC either. He has won a decision against Rich"I haven't had a decent fight since Anderson Silva set foot in the octagon" Franklin and a spectacular knock out over Michael"I am only famous for being English" Bisping. So your right Shogun had no business against Machida. Hell even Ben Rothwell said it best in Countdown to UFC 104 "Everything I have done up to this point wasn't in the UFC, therefore it doesn't matter to anybody"

Take a look back for a moment, Not since Chuck cleaned out the light heavyweight division has somebody earned a title shot other than Machida, who did the samething Chuck did. Its not about deserving it about fights that make sense and are entertaining for the fans. I could give a rat's a$$ about who is ranked.

I have had my chance. Enlighten me. Of all the current Light Heavyweights that don't have fights lined up, that haven't fought since previous to UFC 100 who would you have put in Shogun's place?

so apparently these pride has beens get title shots based on what the did in pride. cause how do you justify shogun earning the title shot in the first place? by beating a washed up chuck liddell? shogun never earned a title shot in the ufc' date=' and he damn sure does not deserve a re-match for the belt giving him a second chance to get lucky and actually win a legitament title, cause lets face it, "pride gran prix champion" dont carry much weight any more.

pride sucked, i could beat anyone in the ufc if they let me stomp on their heads.[/quote']

shogun is one of the best LHW fighters alive get used to hearing the name "shogun" cuse once the rematch comes about, hes gonna be champ.

He's just pissed off cause the 'boogie man' in his closet makes him wet his bed every night.

Saying that is absolutely ludicrous. Compare it to competing for a job with someone else. You have the much better credentials coming from a similar corporation and had a top job there, but the people in charge have decided they want you to start out at the bottom alongside the guy who finished high school after 5 years because apparently that organization is inferior and you have to prove yourself.

USAToday: 48-47 Rua' date=' 49-46 Rua

Sherdog:

this, alogn with the entire arena booing, dana white telling shogun he won the fight, several fighters saying shogun won the fight, lyotos lack of confidence behind his win saying that the judges made their decision and there is nothing he can do, and dana white giving shogun an immediate rematch should tell all the machida ****s that something was wrong with the decision, given the fact that cecil peoples was one of the judges, and he scored silva vs leites 48-47... i mean cmon guys, deal with reality here[/quote']

Your right. people don't watch the fight, they watch their fighter. While boring **** hell, Rua won. But the fact that he was afraid to be himself and attack leaves him deserving of losing. If he was that afraid to fight Machida, why did he take the fight. Poor showing by Rua and typical run away by Machida. Rua was robbed. Plus every time I see Machida I remember he drinks his own urine every morning. He said so himself in Fight magazine. That alone makes me not like him. that's disgusting!

Your right. people don't watch the fight' date=' they watch their fighter. While boring **** hell, Rua won. But the fact that he was afraid to be himself and attack leaves him deserving of losing. If he was that afraid to fight Machida, why did he take the fight. Poor showing by Rua and typical run away by Machida. Rua was robbed. Plus every time I see Machida I remember he drinks his own urine every morning. That alone makes me not like him. that's disgusting![/quote']

i don't understand why everybody seems to be of the opinion that it's not incumbent on machida or anderson silva to ever initiate exchanges but their opponents are called afraid when they don't play into the obvious strenths lyoto and the spider have. You, personally, have called both fighters out but I think it's unfair to Rua to be called afraid.

so apparently these pride has beens get title shots based on what the did in pride. cause how do you justify shogun earning the title shot in the first place? by beating a washed up chuck liddell? shogun never earned a title shot in the ufc' date=' and he damn sure does not deserve a re-match for the belt giving him a second chance to get lucky and actually win a legitament title, cause lets face it, "pride gran prix champion" dont carry much weight any more.

pride sucked, i could beat anyone in the ufc if they let me stomp on their heads.[/quote']

lol, it would be amusing to see Shogun working his way up to the title shot while sharing a room in The Ultimate Fighter house - all the while hoping Rampage puts him in the next fight...

Yeah, I remember before this fight threads saying that Shogun had nothing but foot stomps and soccer kicks. NEVER MIND, you live and learn eh? :)

It's absolutely ridiculous to change the rules for different people. Shogun played the chess master at chess and won. Plus damaged him real bad AND chased him and hit him successfully.