Sign in to follow this  
wrestling_hermit

Leg kicks can't win fights

I've seen a few people posting saying leg kicks can't win fights. I however, disagree; does nobody remember Brandon Vera winning by tko due to leg kicks? How about Rob Emerson losing to Rafael Dos Anjos? Leg kicks are far more effective than many people give them credit for and in my opinion should be given more leverage on judges score cards. In all honest I did think Shogun would lose to Machida but was surprised to see how effective Shoguns gameplan was. I do believe that Shogun should have won, however, and it has been said many times,there is always a risk when you leave the decision up to the judges. Should Machida relinquish the belt? No. Should Shogun be given a rematch? In my opinion: Yes.

I've seen a few people posting saying leg kicks can't win fights. I however' date=' disagree; does nobody remember Brandon Vera winning by tko due to leg kicks? How about Rob Emerson losing to Rafael Dos Anjos? Leg kicks are far more effective than many people give them credit for and in my opinion should be given more leverage on judges score cards. In all honest I did think Shogun would lose to Machida but was surprised to see how effective Shoguns gameplan was. I do believe that Shogun should have won, however, and it has been said many times,there is always a risk when you leave the decision up to the judges. Should Machida relinquish the belt? No. Should Shogun be given a rematch? In my opinion: Yes.[/quote']

and you forgot to mention griffin vs rampage, and he has been given an immediate rematch

just for the record' date=' shogun did more than just leg kicks. he kicked machida's body a lot (see his ribs?) and also clinched and kneed the hell out of lyoto's legs[/quote']

FightMetric: 49-47 Rua

Yahoo Sports / Cagewriter: 48-47 Rua

BloodyElbow : 48-47 Rua

USAToday: 48-47 Rua, 49-46 Rua

MMA Fanhouse / Michael David Smith: 48-47 Rua... Read More

MMATorch : 48-47 Rua

MMAJunkie : 49-46 or 48-47 Rua

MMAMania : 50-45 Rua

5 Ounces of Pain : Rua (no score given)

Fightlinker -- Rua (no score given)

ProMMA.Info: 50-45 Rua

Sherdog:

Jordan Breen scores the round 10-9 Rua (48-47 Rua)

Brian Knapp scores the round 10-9 Rua (48-47 Rua)

Mike Fridley scores the round 10-9 Rua (50-45 Rua)

this, alogn with the entire arena booing, dana white telling shogun he won the fight, several fighters saying shogun won the fight, lyotos lack of confidence behind his win saying that the judges made their decision and there is nothing he can do, and dana white giving shogun an immediate rematch should tell all the machida ****s that something was wrong with the decision, given the fact that cecil peoples was one of the judges, and he scored silva vs leites 48-47... i mean cmon guys, deal with reality here

I've seen a few people posting saying leg kicks can't win fights. I however' date=' disagree; does nobody remember Brandon Vera winning by tko due to leg kicks? How about Rob Emerson losing to Rafael Dos Anjos? Leg kicks are far more effective than many people give them credit for and in my opinion should be given more leverage on judges score cards. In all honest I did think Shogun would lose to Machida but was surprised to see how effective Shoguns gameplan was. I do believe that Shogun should have won, however, and it has been said many times,there is always a risk when you leave the decision up to the judges. Should Machida relinquish the belt? No. Should Shogun be given a rematch? In my opinion: Yes.[/quote']

well Machida didnt get TKO'd by leg kicks so they didnt win Shogun the fight