Sign in to follow this  
guti

Minimum amount of posts required to create a thread

Mods could you please change the format of this forum so that a minimum of 100 posts or so is require before a member is able to create a thread..

This is just getting bad !! Everytime there is an event we get a lot of noobs creating threads that are already created. A lot of the noobs create threads just to troll

Just my 2 cents

Mods could you please change the format of this forum so that a minimum of 100 posts or so is require before a member is able to create a thread..

This is just getting bad !! Everytime there is an event we get a lot of noobs creating threads that are already created. A lot of the noobs create threads just to troll

Just my 2 cents

We have asked on more then one occasion. It is now being looked at by the highest of higher ups after this last event. I hope it comes to be.

We have asked on more then one occasion. It is now being looked at by the highest of higher ups after this last event. I hope it comes to be.

Agreed.....but I will miss all the repeat theads if it does...............:P

Maybe a bit higher to make flooding a thread to hit 100 less attractive. Or, you can hit 100 but have to have been a member for 1 month or so. Just a suggestion.

Maybe a bit higher to make flooding a thread to hit 100 less attractive. Or' date=' you can hit 100 but have to have been a member for 1 month or so. Just a suggestion.[/quote']

why dont you just make it a private forum for just you and yer buddies?

kind of unfair to those of us who have <100 but don't post make alot of threads. and i try to never post something already posted. btw two mods post in this and dont move a toppic that has nothing to do with the ufc? shouldn't this be outside the ufc? score one for the rookie

kind of unfair to those of us who have <100 but don't post make alot of threads. and i try to never post something already posted. btw two mods post in this and dont move a toppic that has nothing to do with the ufc? shouldn't this be outside the ufc? score one for the rookie

very observant of you!

I wanted to make sure people saw this. It is my, and the other mods, decision where threads belong.

Not trying to be mean.

People like you are the exact reason the rule has not been instated. . But then people like the ones on here the other night are the ones who are going to ruin it for those like you.

Just my 2 cents

Honestly... a better solution would be to to base the ability to post NEW threads on time as a member. Say.. 1-3 months.

This way people can't flood threads with 100 lame posts so they can start troll threads. Plus it would stop people from making a new account to post crap once you ban them.

Not trying to be mean.

People like you are the exact reason the rule has not been instated. . But then people like the ones on here the other night are the ones who are going to ruin it for those like you.

didnt take it personal. i was just proving my not so rookieness.

and point to cant blame you i got tired of sorting through all the rua is real champ/got cheated/etc

didnt take it personal. i was just proving my not so rookieness.

and point to cant blame you i got tired of sorting through all the rua is real champ/got cheated/etc

It is not always that crazy around here. Just on fight night. And especially if it is controversial, or exciting. This is a pretty cool forum on most nights though.

Stick around.

It really becomes worst after ufc event.. However it seems that the ufc is planning on making more events every year and I know changin the format of the forum will take time.. I also know this have been ask before but i wasnt sure if anything was being done

It kind of sucks for all the new members that behave themselve however those members are usually the ones that stay here for a long time , so they will only have to wait a little bit..

However there are a lot of trolls that just come here once every ufc event to post useless threads and to create conflict and then leave and never come back or come back once a month....

I believe being able to create a thread should be given to the members that understand the rules of this forum... Not to new members that want to do whatever they want just because they are here for one day and they think they are above all the rules...

Anyways glad that the mods are working on this , and like i said i dont want to put everyone in the same bag because we were all new here at some point

Just my 2 cents

Good idea however it would promote new members to just spam posts on existing threads so they could get up to their 100 posts.

Therefore kinda destroying the actual posts you want to read whereas at least now you can just chose to not look at repeated threads.

IMO thats better then having to sift through 50 replies per thread when only 5 of those replies are of any importance.

Good idea however it would promote new members to just spam posts on existing threads so they could get up to their 100 posts.

Therefore kinda destroying the actual posts you want to read whereas at least now you can just chose to not look at repeated threads.

IMO thats better then having to sift through 50 replies per thread when only 5 of those replies are of any importance.

True

But they could make it 100 post with at least 2 weeks waiting period of being a member...

You can beat the post count easy but how can you beat the 2 weeks period..

And if you are willing to wait at least 2 weeks with at least 100 post then you probably past your probation period to create threads and obviously you want to be a member of this forum.....

I being to other forums and usually you have to meet two conditions to be able to create threads , minimum of post and a waiting period

why dont you just make it a private forum for just you and yer buddies?

yeah haha, cos long term members dont say stupid stuff, and they know everything, and they dont have feuds with other members,

I wanted to make sure people saw this. It is my' date=' and the other mods, decision where threads belong.

Not trying to be mean.

People like you are the exact reason the rule has not been instated. . But then people like the ones on here the other night are the ones who are going to ruin it for those like you.[/quote']

i dont want to get myself blacklisted, but i have seen plenty of petty arguments between guys with hundredes of posts, guys that know each other through the forum. You shouldnt paint everyone with the same brush,