Anthony "Rumble" Johnson = DISGRACE!

Deltief

This guy is a joke. He is disrespectful to everyone in the mma community.

First of all the guy cuts close to fifty pounds (when he manages to pull it off)...a large portion of that is water weight, and after weigh ins fighters can gain back any where from 15 to 20 pounds. Thus Rumble is just a bully, beating up smaller people to get his rocks off!

Oh yeah, when hes not beating smaller opponents in the ring he fills the void by hitting even smaller women (that dont train in MMA).

They should just throw him into the ring with GSP for his next match so he can feel what its like to get hiss punk azz stomped by a real man!

First of all the guy cuts close to fifty pounds (when he manages to pull it off)...a large portion of that is water weight' date=' and after weigh ins fighters can gain back any where from 15 to 20 pounds. Thus Rumble is just a bully, beating up smaller people to get his rocks off!

Oh yeah, when hes not beating smaller opponents in the ring he fills the void by hitting even smaller women (that dont train in MMA).

They should just throw him into the ring with GSP for his next match so he can feel what its like to get hiss punk azz stomped by a real man![/quote']

do you think this will be an easy fight for gsP??

I dont think gsp has ever face a big guy like that and i dont even think gsp ever faced that good of a striker like johnson..

I can see the advantage on the ground but standing i really dont see it ....

Good fight nonetheless

thats a little harsh to call the guy a disgrace. he cuts that weight and is still able to perform at a high level, i give him props for that. that is not an easy thing to do. i dont like what he does out of the octagon, but i really dont care either. hes not my brother or best friend, if he wants to do stupid stuff than so be it. he is an entertainer. its the same way i felt about michael jackson i like his music and didnt care for the man.

First of all the guy cuts close to fifty pounds (when he manages to pull it off)...a large portion of that is water weight' date=' and after weigh ins fighters can gain back any where from 15 to 20 pounds. Thus Rumble is just a bully, beating up smaller people to get his rocks off!

They should just throw him into the ring with GSP for his next match so he can feel what its like to get hiss punk azz stomped by a real man![/quote']

Alot of fighters cut alot of weight to fight in the weight class that they do, it's not just Johnson.

Plus, I think GSP will have a hard time beating him. I don't believe he can take him down like he did Thiago and if you've watched any of GSP's fights after the Matt Serra KO he doesn't like to get hit. Johnson by KO or TKO.

Oh yeah, I am a GSP fan.

yet Lesnar seems to be one of your favourite fighters?

you approve him cutting weight, but not johnson?

Are you racist?

You fail.

your probably a ****ing lesnar fan and lesnar does that **** way worse then johnson so shut up. plus so does anderson,rich franklin, and forrest. so alot of fighters do this, it is a tactic that usually works!

anthony is a beast, plus he is gonna move up eventually, and he has shown the ability to cut weight in every other fight hes been in, if you want to talk about disgraces then say junnie browning, rampage, titio, and karo, and the judges who screwed over shogun and matt hamil against lame **** bigping

your probably a ****ing lesnar fan and lesnar does that **** way worse then johnson so shut up. plus so does anderson' date='rich franklin, and forrest. so alot of fighters do this, it is a tactic that usually works![/quote']

Way to go, have to curse? your not even clever enough to seee the post above where I clearly state that I hate Brock, in the same breath I also mention that Brock has no weight class to move up to! that makes you stupid on three counts, the cursing, me being a Brock fan, and thinking Brock has other weight class options. Did you break stuff in your trailor home after reading this post?, you seem really bent out of shape.

Thank god for you and your clever' date=' well thought out post. You really brought somthing to the table, now go kill yourself, nobody will miss you, Im 100% sure your mother and father hate you.[/quote']

Way to go' date=' have to curse? your not even clever enough to seee the post above where I clearly state that I hate Brock, in the same breath I also mention that Brock has no weight class to move up to! that makes you stupid on three counts, the cursing, me being a Brock fan, and thinking Brock has other weight class options. Did you break stuff in your trailor home after reading this post?, you seem really bent out of shape.[/quote']

its a two way street, if you are going to dish it out you need to be able to take it. you make yourself look like a fool when you have to resort to childish insults. really how old are you and ufc 89. grow up, its getting old having to read the crap you people post.

its a two way street' date=' if you are going to dish it out you need to be able to take it. you make yourself look like a fool when you have to resort to childish insults. really how old are you and ufc 89. grow up, its getting old having to read the crap you people post.[/quote']

I didnt start this crap, I reserve the right to defend myself.

thats a little harsh to call the guy a disgrace. he cuts that weight and is still able to perform at a high level' date=' i give him props for that. that is not an easy thing to do. i dont like what he does out of the octagon, but i really dont care either. hes not my brother or best friend, if he wants to do stupid stuff than so be it. he is an entertainer. its the same way i felt about michael jackson i like his music and didnt care for the man.[/quote']

Agree.

Ok so we can all agree that DELTIEF is in over his head, with nothing intelligent to add to the post. His quick "trigger", and hasty need to retort with foul langauge and 2nd grade insults, are a huge indicator of his lack of confidence. Long story short...he can't make it with the ladies and wants the rest of us to suffer through his mis-informed opinions of the fight game. Erase your account and save us all the time DELTIEF. :P

Ok so we can all agree that DELTIEF is in over his head' date=' with nothing intelligent to add to the post. His quick "trigger", and hasty need to retort with foul langauge and 2nd grade insults, are a huge indicator of his lack of confidence. Long story short...he can't make it with the ladies and wants the rest of us to suffer through his mis-informed opinions of the fight game. Erase your account and save us all the time DELTIEF. :P[/quote']

I created this thread, and I insulted ppl that insulted me and REALLY DIDNT add anything to the topic, nice try though, and btw you just posted a comment that didnt add to the original topic, I get the feeling your 1 of the ppl I made look stupid under another account, now that is truly lame!

thats a little harsh to call the guy a disgrace. he cuts that weight and is still able to perform at a high level' date=' i give him props for that. that is not an easy thing to do. i dont like what he does out of the octagon, but i really dont care either. hes not my brother or best friend, if he wants to do stupid stuff than so be it. he is an entertainer. its the same way i felt about michael jackson i like his music and didnt care for the man.[/quote']

The only thing is Johnson fails to make weight often, and its not hard to be a good guy in and out of the ring, you dont have to be an angel but Johnson is a complete ****!

Ok so we can all agree that DELTIEF is in over his head' date=' with nothing intelligent to add to the post. His quick "trigger", and hasty need to retort with foul langauge and 2nd grade insults, are a huge indicator of his lack of confidence. Long story short...he can't make it with the ladies and wants the rest of us to suffer through his mis-informed opinions of the fight game. Erase your account and save us all the time DELTIEF. :P[/quote']

Deltief has been here for along time, you just got here and your post says nothing, of which there are 2, so how long have you been around to "suffer" through his comments?

Deltief to me seems like he tells it like it is, ive read all the posts here and all he really did was feed smart asses a taste of their own medicine, and he seems pretty well spoken. Next time try adding to the conversation, ecpecially just being a noob, try and make a better impression, you really just failed.

what did he do out of the ring?????

He slaped his ex around, which to many people here is just fine as long as he keeps slaping people in the ring. Real champs are like randy, a classy guy in and out of the ring, and its what the sport needs now that its gaining so much popularity and is in the press all the time.

The only thing is Johnson fails to make weight often' date=' and its not hard to be a good guy in and out of the ring, you dont have to be an angel but Johnson is a complete ****!

Deltief has been here for along time, you just got here and your post says nothing, of which there are 2, so how long have you been around to "suffer" through his comments?

Deltief to me seems like he tells it like it is, ive read all the posts here and all he really did was feed smart asses a taste of their own medicine, and he seems pretty well spoken. Next time try adding to the conversation, ecpecially just being a noob, try and make a better impression, you really just failed.[/quote']

Finally, a man of reason!

He slaped his ex around' date=' which to many people here is just fine as long as he keeps slaping people in the ring. Real champs are like randy, a classy guy in and out of the ring, and its what the sport needs now that its gaining so much popularity and is in the press all the time.[/quote']

the only reason i said i dont care,is because you called him a disgrace. im sure other fighters have done stupid stuff as well. hes not the face of the sport anyway, it would look real bad if the natural or gsp did something like this. i dont condone what he does out of the ring, but i think it is a stretch to call the guy a disgrace.

the only reason i said i dont care' date='is because you called him a disgrace. im sure other fighters have done stupid stuff as well. hes not the face of the sport anyway, it would look real bad if the natural or gsp did something like this. i dont condone what he does out of the ring, but i think it is a stretch to call the guy a disgrace.[/quote']

And the only reason I call him a disgrace is because hes an up and comer, ppl belive hes the future of ww, he better change his ways if he really wants to be a real contender.

And the only reason I call him a disgrace is because hes an up and comer' date=' ppl belive hes the future of ww, he better change his ways if he really wants to be a real contender.[/quote']

the future maybe, but that would be after gsp retires and his big **** wont be able to make that weight cut forever.

have to agree that cutting weight is a huge part of the game. how many fighters are successful in one bracket and not another? are you going to mock BJ Penn for cutting to 155 and not sticking with 170? Sanchez? There are many fighters that do this but its part of being strategic. Should fighters not have game plans either? Not train specifically for the fighter they are about to face? all of these preperations fall under the same catagory imo.

i do agree that he probably likes beating the **** out of smaller guys but hes only got like maaax 3 more fights before his body just doesnt let him cut that much weight anymore. 50 pounds is just ****ed. haha. i think hes good enough to fight guys his size though forsure.

You can say whatever you want about his life outside the Octagon, but it's certainly a stretch to call him a disgrace for cutting weight. It's clearly socially acceptable to cut weight since EVERY fighter does it except for some HW fighters that are easily below 265. So where's the line?

Cutting that much weight and still being able to fight is a natural skill. Where's the line between that being alright and someone else's skills making them a "disgrace?" If someone can take a huge hit to the chin and keep going, how is that more socially acceptable of a natural skill than being able to drop 50 pounds in a really short amount of time and have enough energy left over to hang with the quick welterweights?

He wouldn't be the first fighter to cut lots of weight. Diego Sanchez and Kenny Florian were middleweights on TUF 1. Mike Swick was a LHW.

If Johnson fails to make weight again, then it's a problem and he should go up to MW. But he's not the first fighter to cut weight, and he's not the first fighter to not make weight.

No, I'm not flaming or trying to start an argument. I'm 100% open for debate on how he is or isn't a disgrace for the weight cut.

If Randy Couture, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin or ANY other figher could afford to drop 2 or 3 weight classes and not be too exhausted to fight well, they would.

If GSP fights Rumble, he's gonna want to make sure he takes that to the ground real fast. Rumble would brutalize George in a fist exchange. GSP is not dumb enough to trade with Rumble though, and executes a textbook showing of takedown, GnP.

It's not that Anthony is a bad guy for wanting to lose weight, but the system is absurd that it let's you come in six pounds over and destroy a smaller man. If AJ had been forced to make the weight class, he would have spent the night in the hospital instead of the octagon and would have to go to a weight class better suited to him, instead of punishing his body so much in the future. But the show must go on, so the pros don't want "real weight classes".

Really liked the comment about "gimme your milk money" on the other thread.

You can say whatever you want about his life outside the Octagon' date=' but it's certainly a stretch to call him a disgrace for cutting weight. It's clearly socially acceptable to cut weight since EVERY fighter does it except for some HW fighters that are easily below 265. So where's the line?

Cutting that much weight and still being able to fight is a natural skill. Where's the line between that being alright and someone else's skills making them a "disgrace?" If someone can take a huge hit to the chin and keep going, how is that more socially acceptable of a natural skill than being able to drop 50 pounds in a really short amount of time and have enough energy left over to hang with the quick welterweights?

He wouldn't be the first fighter to cut lots of weight. Diego Sanchez and Kenny Florian were middleweights on TUF 1. Mike Swick was a LHW.

If Johnson fails to make weight again, then it's a problem and he should go up to MW. But he's not the first fighter to cut weight, and he's not the first fighter to not make weight.

No, I'm not flaming or trying to start an argument. I'm 100% open for debate on how he is or isn't a disgrace for the weight cut.

If Randy Couture, Forrest Griffin, Rich Franklin or ANY other figher could afford to drop 2 or 3 weight classes and not be too exhausted to fight well, they would.[/quote']

Im not calling him a disgrace for cutting, im bashing him for FAILING to make weight (and hitting women), and by six puonds, thats a huge margin to miss by, and I know he said he was injured but that would only mean all the stars and planets have to align, everything must be perfect for him to make 170,. Fighters always get injured, plus age affects weight cutting, so I guess hes just hoping everthing stays A-ok so he can drop 50 pounds and continue to hit smaller people. I know hes my hero!

As far as the cut goes, and him being a disgrace for taking the fight (someone else's comment) - Yoshida accepted the fight. He could have very well said no, and only faced maybe a small outcry from forum users, but the UFC gave him the option to choose to fight, and he accepted.

As far as cutting so much weight to be successful, GSP himself is a BIG guy for his division. And did no one else see the Tibau/Neer fight? That dude was gigantic, and just tossed Neer around. And they both missed weight.

And finally, a classy champ? Hate to bring Brock up again, but he is by no means classy. A champ is someone who has defeated the competition before him. A competitor can't find himself defeating the champ before him - or retaining said champ'titude -only to be told 'You're kind of a jerk. Next fight - the Grumpies". Johnson may have done some wrong things outside of the ring, but they are not a part of his fights - unless it's discovered that he was not injured (like he has the right to be, as he is human) and that he in fact was too busy fighting in his own amateur Women's Fighting Championship to focus on his cut.

That is all.

He was very apoligetic and it cost him $60,000 aswell as a cut in purse its not like its worked out great for him. As for as hitting any women I certainly don't agree with it but don't know the full story around that.

I don't see Anthony being able to defend the take downs that gsp is famous for. If they fought it would be another 5 round snore fest like alves was or a gnp finish. Although hes "better" now I like the old gsp that was exciting and actually thew strikes.

I'm surprised so mny people in this thread think he's now ready for GSP. Yes he's impressive but I've seen nothing yet to suggest he's more impressive than Alves.

Any Fighter that cuts more than 10lbs too compete are just ducking competition. And are down right p*ssies.

Thats just a stupid comment. I would list them but its actually harder to list the fighters who dont cut 10 pounds than it is the ones who do.

Anderson Silva, Forest Griffen, Tito Ortiz, BJ Penn, Diego Sanchez I could literally go on and on. Even GSP who is not considered large for his weight cuts more than 10 pounds.

Cutting weight is part of the sport, but consistently failing to make weight is extremely unprofessional and is a poor reflection on that fighter. It is not fair to your opponent to put them in a situation where they have to choose between pulling out of a major UFC event or fighting a guy that was allowed to weigh in at 6lbs more than you. That is a major advantage. If he can cut 50 lbs and make weight then more power to him. That is a skill on it's own, but if you can't make the cut then you need to move up a weight class. I think Johnson would have won this fight either way but it's still very unprofessional and tarnishes the integrity of the match when the fighters are not forced to make weight.

Johnson vs GSP is just silly. Johnson is far away of deserving a fight against a legend and current title holder, and him not being able to make weight on numerous occaisions isnt a feather in his cap either. If the fight does happen like 30 years from now Johnson has superior reach and height advantage, but GSP is still 10 times a fighter. I would much rather Swick vs GSP and Johnson vs Alves so Alves can destroy Johnson for a change.

well lets look at this whole thing...

First off when talking about AJ and his charges you must remember to use the word "allegedly" when discussing the claim. Yes, Anthony was charged with 2 felonies (criminal threats and damage to a power line) and one misdemeanor charge of battery on a spouse/domestic violence. HOWEVER, AJ has not been committed of this yet and Ken Pavia released a statement that Anthony was innocent of all charges. So until he is committed in a court of law, please remember to use the word in it's proper context.

As for weight cutting... AJ cuts weight yes, but so does each of our current champs. GSP cuts 20 lbs, goes into the fights around 185, Anderson adds 20lbs after weigh ins, Brock adds 30 lbs!! AJ was 6 pounds over for the fight... his says he was unable to lose the weight due to a knee injury, this was Thiago Alves' excuse as well when he fought Matt. We have had several fighters not make weight in the past, it happens, and the fighter has to pay 10% of their purse as a penalty.

What do I say?... I say all fighters must re-weigh in 2 hours prior to their scheduled bouts and must be within 10 lbs of their weigh-in weight.

Title fights do not allow any allowances for a fighter to be over. Failure to make weight is a disqualification from title contention, making the fight a non titled 3 round fight. I believe harsher penalties should also be imposed for fighters who do not make weight... non of this 10% stuff... I want 50% penalties... 25% to the Commission, 25% to the opponent. That is a pretty big incentive to make weight.

well lets look at this whole thing...

First off when talking about AJ and his charges you must remember to use the word "allegedly" when discussing the claim. Yes' date=' Anthony was charged with 2 felonies (criminal threats and damage to a power line) and one misdemeanor charge of battery on a spouse/domestic violence. HOWEVER, AJ has not been committed of this yet and Ken Pavia released a statement that Anthony was innocent of all charges. So until he is committed in a court of law, please remember to use the word in it's proper context.

As for weight cutting... AJ cuts weight yes, but so does each of our current champs. GSP cuts 20 lbs, goes into the fights around 185, Anderson adds 20lbs after weigh ins, Brock adds 30 lbs!! AJ was 6 pounds over for the fight... his says he was unable to lose the weight due to a knee injury, this was Thiago Alves' excuse as well when he fought Matt. We have had several fighters not make weight in the past, it happens, and the fighter has to pay 10% of their purse as a penalty.

What do I say?... I say all fighters must re-weigh in 2 hours prior to their scheduled bouts and must be within 10 lbs of their weigh-in weight.

Title fights do not allow any allowances for a fighter to be over. Failure to make weight is a disqualification from title contention, making the fight a non titled 3 round fight. I believe harsher penalties should also be imposed for fighters who do not make weight... non of this 10% stuff... I want 50% penalties... 25% to the Commission, 25% to the opponent. That is a pretty big incentive to make weight.[/quote']

Thiago was caught using diuretics in the past too.....

i dont think he cut 50 lbs of water that sounds impossible

yet Lesnar seems to be one of your favourite fighters?

you approve him cutting weight' date=' but not johnson?

Are you racist?[/quote']

Lesnar has to cut weigh to meet the standard for the heavyweight (265{ Johnson could fight at 185 easier or 205, wonder why he doesn't?

Lesnar has to cut weigh to meet the standard for the heavyweight (265{ Johnson could fight at 185 easier or 205' date=' wonder why he doesn't?[/quote']

Because he's not at that level yet to compete w/ the ww top guys we'll see how he does against kos i'll eat crow if I have to. He won't be able to have an advantage at that weight so why would he want to go up.

Archived