Who has the best MT in LHW right now?

Lion_Heart15

wow thats interesting cause not that long ago people never talked about rua at all... in fact most people were saying how he was gonna get destroyed by machida and he didnt have a chance now everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon.. funny how that works..posers

wow thats interesting cause not that long ago people never talked about rua at all... in fact most people were saying how he was gonna get destroyed by machida and he didnt have a chance now everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon.. funny how that works..posers

so true. i for one have been saying how i thought machida was overrated and overhyped and shogun will prove that. he didnt get the win i had hoped for, but he opened a lot of eyes. he exposed machida and proved he is not untouchable, not saying he isnt a great fighter. but even if he didnt get the win i am glad i wont have to read crap about machida this machida that everyday anymore.

True that. But some of us (I know Alyosha, Exodus9mm and Caveman) have been backing Shogun before it was the cool thing to do. Others as well, I'm sure. But those are the only ones I know of off the top.

And yes, Shogun. Him and Silva must get it on after Shogun destroys Machida again.

Hmmm don't know who you are talking about but I have always liked watching Rua. Great Thai Boxing is exciting and back in the day when he was the champ of head stomps and soccer kicks he was un stoppable. Heck he beat Aronna in a fight and a cretain HW every one is in love with got the Machida decision on that one. /Shrug but again depends on who you are talking about.

Speak for yourself. I had Shogun via KO from the announcement. Obviously didn't get there, but we all know he won, so it's a personal victory. Shogun is already a legend at 25 years old, for those who loved Pride. For a few years, he was in the top 3 P4P debates, with many having him at #1. This reputation stalled when he blew out his elbow against Coleman, and then lost to Griffin. It was only a matter of time before Shogun regained his health and determination, and as a fan, I was excited as sh*t to see it on Saturday. If his drive is in the sport, he'll be a force for years to come.

True True my friend ,the thing is i am one who was with shogun the whole way , i knew why he got beat by forrest ,i knew why his performace lacked against coleman ,and i knew he was gonna make a mad come back.:o

Speak for yourself. I had Shogun via KO from the announcement. Obviously didn't get there' date=' but we all know he won, so it's a personal victory. Shogun is already a legend at 25 years old, for those who loved Pride. For a few years, he was in the top 3 P4P debates, with many having him at #1. This reputation stalled when he blew out his elbow against Coleman, and then lost to Griffin. It was only a matter of time before Shogun regained his health and determination, and as a fan, I was excited as sh*t to see it on Saturday. If his drive is in the sport, he'll be a force for years to come.[/quote']

You and I both brother man.

True that. But some of us (I know Alyosha' date=' Exodus9mm and Caveman) have been backing Shogun before it was the cool thing to do. Others as well, I'm sure. But those are the only ones I know of off the top.

And yes, Shogun. Him and Silva must get it on after Shogun destroys Machida again.[/quote']

thanks for doing me one solid.

yeah i think a lot of people are doubting shogun because of he's lackluster performance against coleman and griffin. but now the old shougn has return and he's the new champ (for me).

I was gonna say I trained Muay Thai for 3+ years and never recieved a belt :'(

But Shogun did tell a news station here he was a BB in Muay Thai. Think he only did that cause they asked Machida and he said black belt in karate. But if there were belts in Muay Thai, Shogun would be a BB so it's all good.

thing about rua is , he did not show much in his first fights at ufc... Before he came to the ufc everyone talked about him but after his performance everyone stop talking about him...

I still think we havent seen the rua of pride, but he is getting better in the octagon.. And as i said it before he faced machida , if rua found his form he could beat machida and anderson.. And also like i said it was going to be a close fight..

I think rua , anderson and machida are all somewhat in the same level (although anderson may be a little higher) , regardless between those 3 anyone can beat anyone thats how close it is..

Speak for yourself. I had Shogun via KO from the announcement. Obviously didn't get there' date=' but we all know he won, so it's a personal victory. Shogun is already a legend at 25 years old, for those who loved Pride. For a few years, he was in the top 3 P4P debates, with many having him at #1. This reputation stalled when he blew out his elbow against Coleman, and then lost to Griffin. It was only a matter of time before Shogun regained his health and determination, and as a fan, I was excited as sh*t to see it on Saturday. If his drive is in the sport, he'll be a force for years to come.[/quote']

Me too. I had him by KO before the Liddel fight too:)

Its funny how no one bealieved he was going to beat Liddel...

My Rankings in the LHW division ---

#1 Shogun

#2 Rampage

#3 Anderson Silva

#4 Machida

#5 Couture/Vera

#6 Rashad Evans

couture is not a top lhw anymore im sorry, vera is not either, he hasnt beat top comptetion in the lhw division yet, and rampage hasnt really fought top lhws either, he fought forrest, wanderlei, and jardine, i would change your list too

1)shogun

2)anderson

3)machida

4)rampage

5)rashad

how do you guys feel some of the mma fighters would do against Thai lands MT champions?

Thats easy they would get killed in their respective weight classes in a Thai boxing match. Though it is hard to find super good fighters over 185 in Thailand. All they do is train Thai boxing where Rua and other train in MMA, so you would have to give the nod to those who focus on one sport for that.

Archived