Is Shogun the Favorite for the Rematch?

EbzTheKing

Machida can't change his Karate stance so is he still going to be available for the Leg Kicks?

or is he gonna find a intelligent way to stop him?

Shogun will probably be more confident and aggressive but that leaves him more open for the Machida Counter.

Machida Vs Shogun II will be an Epic Tactical Battle.

It's like Ying Vs Yang.

i think shogun would be the favorite for the rematch. all the people that thought machida was untouchable were proven to be wrong. his stance cant change, and that is why he is wide open for those kicks. he may or may not be more aggressive, hard to tell. but he machida will have to change something.

look, if the fight goes the same way the judges will score it in shoguns favor since there was an obvious uproar from this decision, machida will find a way to avoid most leg kicks but not all, because shogun is a talented striker, i dont see this fight ending in decision or sub, but i cant see shogun being knock out, he never has before, but machida hasnt been tested on his chin, may be he can be knocked out, but he is always very elusive and its hard to land very powerful punches and kicks to his face, so i really cant see how the rematch will be if not the same, but i do believe shogun will be the favoruite and machida the underdog, and machida better try and press the action more this time, because a decision like that will not go to him twice i can tell you that much, the fans will destroy the judges and the ufc will have a bad rep if it does

I don't think a rematch plays to the advantage of Shogun since Shogun has to be more aggressive and that's where Machida catches people' date=' but it will definitely be a favorite for Shogun to win.[/quote']

yea i understand, but if shogun weakens machida how he did this time and instead of riding ot the last 2 rounds pulls the trigger, yes, he might get countered and cought, but he might catch machida as well, and chances are leaning towards shogu in an exchange, atleast on paper, because shogun has never been ko'd, either has machida but his chin has not been hit like shoguns has, so its all a mystery whether or not machidas chin can withstand it.. i just hope shogun wins, itll make me so happy inside and i will love life forever lol

The rematch will be filled with rage. Rua will come out with a lot of emotions because he knows that belt is already his and Machida will come out with a lot of emotions, knowing he was outclassed that night and that he needs to prove that he is not a paper champion.

Here's what I think. At first I thought Machida should return the leg kicks in retaliation, but we're talking about a dude who does pseudo taekwondo and muaythai...his power in his legs are monstrous, as evidenced by the leg destruction on Saturday.

Now here's what I think is the best approach to Rua a second time and why it will be easier. When Rua executed his leg destruction game plan, Machida did not do a thing about it. Rua knew then that Machida had no answer to his leg offenses so he kept doing it.

Considering Rua doesn't expect Machida to change all that much for the rematch, he will try to vary things up at first but will return to those leg kicks once Machida starts going for those knee body shots. And if Rua begins to start doing that again to Machida, Machida needs to do what he did in the first round of the Tito fight...and that's to grab him and trip slam him the hell out. Disable Rua from kicking by taking the guy down.

Machida has shown that his ability to control from the guard is excellent. His sweeps were so close to knocking down Rua during 104. Added with some weight and momentum from Machida, he could easily secure a good takedown. From there he can either attempt for ground and pound or go for a submission. We all know that Machida has a killer choke (case and point Soukoujou who is a huge 205'er and Michael McDonald) and we all know Rua has some good ground game, but he is susceptible to being choked out, submissions by Forrest Griffin and Renato Sobral. I am aware that the chances of the rematch going to submission is rare as these men are both technical strikers but it is very possible. Machida is a far more experienced grappler and bjj'er than Forrest is.

Its gonna be tough to nullify or stop Rua from throwing those power leg kicks, so take the man down. Machida's an excellent wrestler and he's proved that in a lot of his fights, specifically the Tito fight. He is an excellent sprawler and has excellent sumo skills that give him that stable base and ability to shove off an opponent (which he did at times to Shogun on Saturday) There's no doubt in my mind that Machida could've rushed shogun and taken him down. You know how Shogun blocks his head and ducks down when Machida rushes in for a clinch knee? Instead of throwing up that knee, he should get a wizard lock and sweep+wrestling takedown. Because it seems that the only ingredient missing in Machida's very close sweep attempts in 104 was additional weight to complete the fall of Shogun. There are literally times where Shogun almost stumbled. But Shogun's smart. He guards his face and so he doesn't get hit and shocked which is what makes the trip successful. It's one of Machida's favourite tactics, case and point, the Soukoujou fight.

If Machida can stop Shogun from leg kicking while preserving his movements....I'm sure Machida would win out.

What do you guys think? Share your thoughts.

His well know sweeps:

2n9b9e1.jpg

mawlyp.jpg

machida is a fighter of disapline so he would comeback dominating shogun stopping da kicks and shogun will try to come out aggreessive and be ko by machida.. shogun is da fighter who will give machida a gtough fight but he wont win over machida and i dont believe he will beat rashad evans. he is not faster hitter than rashad and i dont believe he will beat griffen again.

machida is a fighter of disapline so he would comeback dominating shogun stopping da kicks and shogun will try to come out aggreessive and be ko by machida.. shogun is da fighter who will give machida a gtough fight but he wont win over machida and i dont believe he will beat rashad evans. he is not faster hitter than rashad and i dont believe he will beat griffen again.

i respect your opinion but he would murder rashad. and in a rematch against forrest he would do terrible things to him to pay back getting submitted. shogun will beat machida, there is no way he can stop the leg kicks in a rematch. his karate stance leaves him wide open for them. karate < muay thai.

Its just a thought but I think theres a strong possibility that Machidas going to train alot with Anderson Silva on leg kicks. This might help him check the kicks btr and possibly pull a James Irvin TKO or KO.

he can train against them and learn how to check them, but irvin doesnt kick like shogun. shogun would break his hand if he tried to catch one of those kicks.

Machida would be installed as the medium-favorite in a possible rematch, bookmakers will look at their recent previous fights, ... Machida/Rashad-Thiago-Ortiz -&- Rua/Liddell-Coleman-Griffin .. plus Rua is 2W-2L in last 4 & Lyoto is the undefeated champion .. :eek:

my personel comment : Machida was due for a klinker & Rua was due for an impressive performance .

i respect your opinion but he would murder rashad. and in a rematch against forrest he would do terrible things to him to pay back getting submitted. shogun will beat machida' date=' there is no way he can stop the leg kicks in a rematch. his karate stance leaves him wide open for them. karate < muay thai.[/quote']

Jeez did u not see waht shogun just accomplished ,he gave the first loss of this mans career to him ,he beat him almost every****ing round ,Now if he cant beat lyoto again after battering his leg's ribs and his will ,then whats next ,bj penn fighting at lhw again.:P

The rematch will be filled with rage. Rua will come out with a lot of emotions because he knows that belt is already his and Machida will come out with a lot of emotions' date=' knowing he was outclassed that night and that he needs to prove that he is not a paper champion.

Here's what I think. At first I thought Machida should return the leg kicks in retaliation, but we're talking about a dude who does pseudo taekwondo and muaythai...his power in his legs are monstrous, as evidenced by the leg destruction on Saturday.

Now here's what I think is the best approach to Rua a second time and why it will be easier. When Rua executed his leg destruction game plan, Machida did not do a thing about it. Rua knew then that Machida had no answer to his leg offenses so he kept doing it.

Considering Rua doesn't expect Machida to change all that much for the rematch, he will try to vary things up at first but will return to those leg kicks once Machida starts going for those knee body shots. And if Rua begins to start doing that again to Machida, Machida needs to do what he did in the first round of the Tito fight...and that's to grab him and trip slam him the hell out. Disable Rua from kicking by taking the guy down.

Machida has shown that his ability to control from the guard is excellent. His sweeps were so close to knocking down Rua during 104. Added with some weight and momentum from Machida, he could easily secure a good takedown. From there he can either attempt for ground and pound or go for a submission. We all know that Machida has a killer choke (case and point Soukoujou who is a huge 205'er and Michael McDonald) and we all know Rua has some good ground game, but he is susceptible to being choked out, submissions by Forrest Griffin and Renato Sobral. I am aware that the chances of the rematch going to submission is rare as these men are both technical strikers but it is very possible. Machida is a far more experienced grappler and bjj'er than Forrest is.

Its gonna be tough to nullify or stop Rua from throwing those power leg kicks, so take the man down. Machida's an excellent wrestler and he's proved that in a lot of his fights, specifically the Tito fight. He is an excellent sprawler and has excellent sumo skills that give him that stable base and ability to shove off an opponent (which he did at times to Shogun on Saturday) There's no doubt in my mind that Machida could've rushed shogun and taken him down. You know how Shogun blocks his head and ducks down when Machida rushes in for a clinch knee? Instead of throwing up that knee, he should get a wizard lock and sweep+wrestling takedown. Because it seems that the only ingredient missing in Machida's very close sweep attempts in 104 was additional weight to complete the fall of Shogun. There are literally times where Shogun almost stumbled. But Shogun's smart. He guards his face and so he doesn't get hit and shocked which is what makes the trip successful. It's one of Machida's favourite tactics, case and point, the Soukoujou fight.

If Machida can stop Shogun from leg kicking while preserving his movements....I'm sure Machida would win out.

What do you guys think? Share your thoughts.

His well know sweeps:

[img']http://i43.tinypic.com/2n9b9e1.jpg[/img]

mawlyp.jpg

i hope machida takes it to the ground, shoguns bjj is second too none

In the rematch, I can see Shogun storming out of the gates like he did against rampage after rampage won a bs decision against shoguns brother, or maybe imploy the same stradegy attacking lyotos legs and body 4 the 1st 3 rounds, then go 4 the head in the championship rounds.

Jeez did u not see waht shogun just accomplished ' date='he gave the first loss of this mans career to him ,he beat him almost every****ing round ,Now if he cant beat lyoto again after battering his leg's ribs and his will ,then whats next ,bj penn fighting at lhw again.:P[/quote']

im confused. i did see what he accomplished, and i believe he won at least three rounds. maybe you didnt understand the post that you quoted.

Archived