Machida responds to Dana White's comments

freedom

http://www.fightmarks.com/story.php?title=machida-responds-to-dana-whites-comments

Anyone who has a mouth can talk. I respect his opinion and I?m ready to fight Shogun or any other challenger UFC decides, but I would like to say that this fight was not judged by myself, my father or Anderson Silva,? Machida told Sherdog today. ?This fight was judged by professionals, so I?m pretty much comfortable with the result.

no one. us' date=' the fans, the media. lol. it doesnt matter anymore, we all have an idea who we thought won. it was a bad decision imo, but i only have an opinion.[/quote']

Right, but Lyoto's point is that the judges are the ones he has to rely on to judge the fight on who won because that's their job. If he's not allowed to say he goes by what the judges think, then who are we to mock him?

Right' date=' but Lyoto's point is that the judges are the ones he has to rely on to judge the fight on who won because that's their job. If he's not allowed to say he goes by what the judges think, then who are we to mock him?[/quote']

im not mocking the guy, if some are than that is their prerogative.

"He also accused Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg of bias, saying their commentary has swayed public opinion against him. “The American commentators were pretty much biased. If you see the fight without audio, you will probably see a different fight.”

Echoing recent comments by Cecil Peoples, who was one of the judges of the fight, Machida added, “He kicked my legs a couple of times, but he wouldn’t knock me out with that.”

There is no way that came from Machida's mouth. Video interview or it didn't happen. Even if he did he was told to say that. Sounds much more like Ed Soares damage control to me. I don't buy it.

"He also accused Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg of bias' date=' saying their commentary has swayed public opinion against him. ?The American commentators were pretty much biased. If you see the fight without audio, you will probably see a different fight.?

Echoing recent comments by Cecil Peoples, who was one of the judges of the fight, Machida added, ?He kicked my legs a couple of times, but he wouldn?t knock me out with that.?[/i']

There is no way that came from Machida's mouth. Video interview or it didn't happen. Even if he did he was told to say that. Sounds much more like Ed Soares damage control to me. I don't buy it.

that sounds nothing like machida. he may have said something entirely different and soares interpreted it the way he thought sounded best.

I don't like the whole disrespect for Shogun's performance, though it may be Soares. If Machida had fought like Shogun had, he'd be rating leg kicks higher than that.

Of course he didn't but he better not need them to defeat his opponent in the future. Like BJ Penn better not ever tap from strikes.

I hope that, at the end of the day Lyoto gets judged more on his attitude and regard for the sport and his opponents than a dodgy, but tough, judges decision.

i would like to believe machida is more honorable then that interview implies, its not machidas fault he got awarded the decision, and im sure he isnt happy with his performance or the way he retained the belt.

but shogun is the real LHW champ in my eyes, machida is just a paper champ at this point

im not sure dana should give his opinion on a few certain things any more tbh, it just creates more work/uproar. and the commentators should stick to the facts and avoid speculation as to who won the round. just give a hit by hit account, the usual facts here and there and some of the relentless comedy that is goldie/rogan... and thats it

It doesnt matter who thinks who won or lost, neither Machida nor Shogun judge the fight, they MAKE the fight. The judges SCORE the fight based on their performance.

If you cant trust the judges to make the right decision, then for god sake finish the fight yourself. Trust no one but yourself!!

Go in the fight with the mindset that the judges hate you and will score against you if you leave it to them, maybe that might inspire some to finish the fight. Shogun had the perfect plan (to take Machida's legs out) minus the part in bold saying ~finish the fight after executing gameplan~.

Bottom line: fighters have no control over the referee nor the judges, only themselves.

Right' date=' but Lyoto's point is that the judges are the ones he has to rely on to judge the fight on who won because that's their job. If he's not allowed to say he goes by what the judges think, then who are we to mock him?[/quote']

its that Machida is supposed to be this Disciplined karate guy.. who lives like the samurai and has all this honor and respect.. but when it came to him getting a pounding all that honor when out the window cause he should of atleast raised shoguns hand.. even Rampage showed Ninja respect after getting the decision win over him.. raised his hand and offered him the trophy.. and imo the Rampage vs Ninja fight was way closer then this Machida vs Shogun fight..

cause even though rampage didnt do so much damage.. he still landed nice takedowns / slams and rained knees from side control a few times.. which to me is more effective then countering with a few weak punches..

I laugh everytime I see...

"Mauricio ''Shogun'' Rua

UFC Light Heavyweight Champion

October 24th 2009"

...in peoples signiture.

Is that a fantasy to you guys, trying to rewrite history? Reality is Lyoto won fair and square. If the judges score him by decision then he won fair and square. Dont you worry, after that performance Shogun WILL have his day in the sun, but its not October 24th 2009 LOL deal with it.

its that Machida is supposed to be this Disciplined karate guy.. who lives like the samurai and has all this honor and respect.. but when it came to him getting a pounding all that honor when out the window cause he should of atleast raised shoguns hand.. even Rampage showed Ninja respect after getting the decision win over him.. raised his hand and offered him the trophy.. and imo the Rampage vs Ninja fight was way closer then this Machida vs Shogun fight..

cause even though rampage didnt do so much damage.. he still landed nice takedowns / slams and rained knees from side control a few times.. which to me is more effective then countering with a few weak punches..

Nice, I haven't heard him say that he won the fight and though he doesn't need to - it does show something. Nobody can deny how downbeat his whole camp and he was after the fight so ... whatever. He must've been so confident that he felt he could look so downbeat just to make it funny. I dunno, let's move on eh?

"He also accused Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg of bias' date=' saying their commentary has swayed public opinion against him. ?The American commentators were pretty much biased. If you see the fight without audio, you will probably see a different fight.?

Echoing recent comments by Cecil Peoples, who was one of the judges of the fight, Machida added, ?He kicked my legs a couple of times, but he wouldn?t knock me out with that.?[/i']

why are people surprise ??? rogan was bias in his comentary and WE ALL KNOW THAT .. If you dont want to admit rogan was bias then you are just dumb...

The fight could of went either way and machida is right , the judges score the fight nothing he can do about tha t...

My advice is some people need to get a life .. FIGHT IS OVER ! DONE ! FINISH ! there is going to be a REMATCH , so some people need to shut up and just wait for the damn rematch ...

Let's play devil's advocate here for a second...

Let's say that the judges decided this bout the other way, Silva would have been the first in line to take on Rua. After Belfort vs Silva I can see Rua vs Silva happening which would have been his 1st title defense and I think SIlva will dominate Rua.

If you want to have the title you have to take it away from the champ and Rua did not period! That fight was very close and although I do in my personal opinion give the slight edge to Rua in that fight it was very close and could have went either way. Don't ever leave anything up to the judges, take matters in your own hands and there won't be any doubt. Rua was worried about Machida knocking him out and he played it very cautious not rushing in and being the same Rua either. Rua is usually pressing you very hard and coming in with reckless abandon so he obviously had respect for Machida. He lost period and Machida is still the champ and because Rua didn't do enough to win the fight, stop making excuses and crying about who won.

Can you say rematch?...

well put, machida is a great champion & the previous fights that he has had lined up w/ the previous fights shogun has had is why he should not be mocked by anyone.. machida will be champion for along time to come.. good luck next time shogun

why are people surprise ??? rogan was bias in his comentary and WE ALL KNOW THAT .. If you dont want to admit rogan was bias then you are just dumb...

The fight could of went either way and machida is right ' date=' the judges score the fight nothing he can do about tha t...

My advice is some people need to get a life .. FIGHT IS OVER ! DONE ! FINISH ! there is going to be a REMATCH , so some people need to shut up and just wait for the damn rematch ...[/quote']

this is my last post on machida vs shogun till machida vs shogan2...let's all take this sound advice & wait for the rematch cause all this banter will go on forever if we don't

Let's play devil's advocate here for a second...

Let's say that the judges decided this bout the other way' date=' Silva would have been the first in line to take on Rua. After Belfort vs Silva I can see Rua vs Silva happening which would have been his 1st title defense and I think SIlva will dominate Rua.

If you want to have the title you have to take it away from the champ and Rua did not period! That fight was very close and although I do in my personal opinion give the slight edge to Rua in that fight it was very close and could have went either way. Don't ever leave anything up to the judges, take matters in your own hands and there won't be any doubt. Rua was worried about Machida knocking him out and he played it very cautious not rushing in and being the same Rua either. Rua is usually pressing you very hard and coming in with reckless abandon so he obviously had respect for Machida. He lost period and Machida is still the champ and because Rua didn't do enough to win the fight, stop making excuses and crying about who won.

Can you say rematch?...[/quote']

agree

thing is a lot of people in this forum like to cry like babies for weeks... Rua is going to get his rematch so he can settle this once for all...

Rua did not want to finish the fight and he has openly tak about how his corner told him not to finish the fight and that is not machidas fault , that is ruas fault for leaving to the judges.. Maybe next time rua doesnt chicken out and finish machida... Maybe next time machida doesnt chicken out and finishes rua..

One thing is for sure , from now on neither machida or rua are going to leave it to the judges .. Lesson learned

The fight could of went either way and machida is right ' date=' the judges score the fight nothing he can do about tha t...

My advice is some people need to get a life .. FIGHT IS OVER ! DONE ! FINISH ! there is going to be a REMATCH , so some people need to shut up and just wait for the damn rematch ...[/quote']

1. Im over it but still think Shogun won by a close margain. Unlike most I don't have a favorite. I like them both and want the best man that night to win. I felt that didn't happen.

2. I agree Rogun was bias but I don't agree it had any effect on peoples decision other than the casual fan of which I am not. I've been doing combat sports all my life, competed and been a avid fan of MMA for a very long time ( since UFC 1) .

3. I don't believe for a second Machida made those comments atleast not that way. I just don't. It doesn't sound like him at all and sounds Ed Soares contrived damage control.

4. STFU :P

Yeh, to be fair the only decision that matters really is that of the judges. Whether we like the way it is judges or not. IMO the way it is judged does need to change. Not just because of the outcome of this fight, but from previous bad decisions. There is somethings very strange about the way fights are judged.. its not the way MMA in other organisations is judged.

I would be shocked if Machida started saying that 'yeh i lost... Shogun should have won, he should have my belt..' It just wouldnt be right. He has said the right things, without sounding arrogant. So i respect him for that. He cant help what the judges decide. Whether it be right or wrong. He did his job and fought.. His only mistake, and Shoguns only mistake, was leaving it in the hands of the judges.

So.. next fight.. i doubt they will want to leave it in the hands of the judges lol.

Archived