Lesnar out?...Interim Champ needed?

KJ_0311

In light of the Brock Lesnar getting mono, it seems that a void needs to be filled in the UFC, until the champion's imminent return. Perhaps there should be a fight to crown an Interim Heavyweight Champion. With Shane Carwin being the number one contender for the title, his name should obviously be put into the hat. Who should his opponent be?

-First vote, against Frank Mir... Taking nothing from Frank Mir, he is a hell of an athlete, but when one loses he goes to the bottom of the list. Keep working Frank you'll get there again.

-Second vote, for Cain Velasquez he is the hottest up and coming Heavyweight in the world...right? maybe? yet to be seen but undeniably skilled, and fun to watch.

-Third vote, Nogueira, just coming off of a win against Randy Couture. And how good does the actual championship look 6 months from now Nogueira vs Lesnar?

-Fourth and final, Anderson Silva, Now i know how crazy and dumb that sounds, he is a middleweight, but who can beat him...obviously not anyone at middleweight, Light heavyweight?...They should change his nickname from the Spider to MANHUNTER, he is too good. The freaking Sistine Chapel of MMA fighters ever.

Comments? Gripes? lets hear them.

Now I know there is a name I did not mention. Lots of them, (all the other Heavyweights in the UFC) one in particular, and we know that this is the man that should fight for the Heavyweight Title...his name is Fedor.

brock will be fine. he's sick and the carwin vs lesner fight will just be pushed back a few months until he's healthy again.....interim champs have been hurting the HW the last few years. its nice to have an actual champ again...why try and bring the bs back?

LMAO to the Silva suggeation. He would get his incredible record tarnished. If this were to happen, which it won't, I'd agree most with Velasques v Carwin. Carwin would dominate imo/ And this won't happen because Brock will be recovering soon, he was sick , he didnt break a bone or fail a steroids test.

LMAO to the Silva suggeation. He would get his incredible record tarnished. If this were to happen' date=' which it won't, I'd agree most with Velasques v Carwin. Carwin would dominate imo/ And this won't happen because Brock will be recovering soon, he was sick , he didnt break a bone or fail a steroids test.[/quote']

Dana was going to push it back to Jan 7, or something, but now thats in jeopardy too. It will be a few more months till Brock can defend it, I know he will.

Wasn't competly serious about Anderson Silva' date=' why is the list wack Disposable, expound upon it i want to hear suggestions...about who should fight Carwin, wheather its a holdover fight till Brock is better or an interim title match.[/quote']

Well for starters, Carwin should probably wait it out. He has too much to lose by taking a fight against another top HW. He could get hurt or lose the fight, and then miss out on his shot at Brock. But if I had to give someone a shot, Cain and Big Nog are both good options, but Mir just lost to Lesnar and he has a fight coming up (plus he is an annoying turd) and Silva would get smashed at HW. (plus he'd just cry about whoever they put in front of him anyway) I'd say that Gonzaga would probably want a rematch against Carwin (not saying that he'd win) and I think that Junior Dos Santos is going to prove to be a monster in the HW division, and after owning CroCop I think it's safe to start matching him up with tougher competition.

Please stop mentioning Fedor on the freaking UFC forum. He does not fight in the UFC.... enough said. Yes we all know Lesnar is out with an illness, why do they need an interim champ? He has not been out for that long. If he's going to be gone for a long time I think it would be cooler to just do the Carwin Velasquez fight, or something with big Nog.

We keep mentioning Fedor because its the obvious choice...this is what i am saying in what the UFC is doing wrong thread...MMA needs to be more open' date=' the exclusitivity is ridiculous. We should be able to mention any name.[/quote']

Unfortunitly it's not going to change and the Fedor dead horse has been kicked about 17 billion times. Maybe, just maybe, after his 3 fight deal is up with SF, Dana will go after him again, but the whole co-promotion deal with M-1 is going to be the deal breaker until the end of time. Like I said in the other thread, it's all about the money.

Please stop mentioning Fedor on the freaking UFC forum. He does not fight in the UFC.... enough said. Yes we all know Lesnar is out with an illness' date=' why do they need an interim champ? He has not been out for that long. If he's going to be gone for a long time I think it would be cooler to just do the Carwin Velasquez fight, or something with big Nog.[/quote']

NM

NM? What's that' date=' and oh ya I forgot about Dos Santos that guy's awsome. The heavy weight division is getting pretty strong. Anyone know who he is supposed to fight next?[/quote']

Rumor is Gonzaga at UFC 108, but that card seems to be about as up in the air as 106. This will be a pretty awesome fight if it happens.

In light of the Brock Lesnar getting mono' date=' it seems that a void needs to be filled in the UFC, until the champion's imminent return. Perhaps there should be a fight to crown an Interim Heavyweight Champion. With Shane Carwin being the number one contender for the title, his name should obviously be put into the hat. Who should his opponent be?

-First vote, against Frank Mir... Taking nothing from Frank Mir, he is a hell of an athlete, but when one loses he goes to the bottom of the list. Keep working Frank you'll get there again.

-Second vote, for Cain Velasquez he is the hottest up and coming Heavyweight in the world...right? maybe? yet to be seen but undeniably skilled, and fun to watch.

-Third vote, Nogueira, just coming off of a win against Randy Couture. And how good does the actual championship look 6 months from now Nogueira vs Lesnar?

-Fourth and final, Anderson Silva, Now i know how crazy and dumb that sounds, he is a middleweight, but who can beat him...obviously not anyone at middleweight, Light heavyweight?...They should change his nickname from the Spider to MANHUNTER, he is too good. The freaking Sistine Chapel of MMA fighters ever.

Comments? Gripes? lets hear them.

Now I know there is a name I did not mention. Lots of them, (all the other Heavyweights in the UFC) one in particular, and we know that this is the man that should fight for the Heavyweight Title...his name is Fedor.[/quote']

JUst leave

True that Lesnar is good but in the meantime i dont believe Mir should get the go ahead for the title that easy.Velasquez and Nogueira should be a toss up between those two either way dont matter when Lesnar comes back who ever has that belt is in BIG trouble. He'll be first in line for it.

This is actually a good opportunity to sort the HW division out.

Lesnar is going to be out until at least next spring or maybe even next summer. Lots of time to fight a round robin of all the top contenders, and see who is actually the best.

Nobody is going to be the champion until they beat Lesnar, and Lesnar is never going to be the world champ unless and until he beats Fedor.

But thats another thread.

Archived