rumble vs koscheck UFC 106

casper1128

great fight' date=' its a rumor as of now i think.[/quote']

Koscheck confirmed it on his twitter.

I can't believe he did this again as if he did not learn the first time. i really don't know why KOS accepted this fight. My guess is that Kos and Rumble wer offered a nice amount of money to fill this void. This fight is pretty much make or break for KOS. I really hope he can pull this victory out and the only way i see him doing so is with his wrestling skills that we havnt got to see in his last couple fights because they have all ended in the first round.

This fight is what is needed for the 106 card. But why are they bringing controversy from 104 to this card? Maybe this way, AJ could actually cut the necessary weight????

I am torn about this fight, neither fighter I like or respect very much (for my own personal reasons). However, I do believe AJ would win as he is too big for any current WW, his striking is better than Kos's, I don't think Kos would be able to take AJ down. Sure Kos is an excellent wrestler, but he's not accustomed to being able to take down much bigger guys. This is a bad move for Kos IMO.

Yeah this is a great addition to the card. Pretty tough fight to call. I'm sure Johnson has improved his ground game but every fight starts on the feet. With that being said, I'm sure Kos will respect Rumble's striking a lot more than he did with Thiago. Should be a fast paced scrap for sure. Right now I'm thinking Johnson via knockout end of the first round.

This fight is what is needed for the 106 card. But why are they bringing controversy from 104 to this card? Maybe this way' date=' AJ could actually cut the necessary weight????

I am torn about this fight, neither fighter I like or respect very much (for my own personal reasons). However, I do believe AJ would win as he is too big for any current WW, his striking is better than Kos's, I don't think Kos would be able to take AJ down. Sure Kos is an excellent wrestler, but he's not accustomed to being able to take down much bigger guys. This is a bad move for Kos IMO.[/quote']

If Rich Clementi was able to take rumble down then why won't kos do it at will?

Hey, he may be able to, at will even, but I just don't see it happening IMO. Fighters change over time, some more then others and this is what separates the great fighters from the good fighters. I think AJ has improved more than Kos is this area of MMA, because AJ knows it is a weekness in his game. Kos has said MANY times in past that he doesn't train in wrestling that much because he doesn't think he has anything else to learn in it. This immature attitude will kill his fight career.

Hey' date=' he may be able to, at will even, but I just don't see it happening IMO. Fighters change over time, some more then others and this is what separates the great fighters from the good fighters. I think AJ has improved more than Kos is this area of MMA, because AJ knows it is a weekness in his game. Kos has said MANY times in past that he doesn't train in wrestling that much because he doesn't think he has anything else to learn in it. This immature attitude will kill his fight career.[/quote']

For the record I think Kos is a **********. But your taking that out of context he meant it by stating he had other areas that he needed to improve in. He has been wrestling since like the age of 4, but none the less i think he has improved everytime i've seen him, and he will crush the hype train of rumble. I don't dislike rumble i just think he needs to prove his worth and he hasn't shown me **** yet this will be a good test and i'll eat crow if i have to

This is an interesting fight, I think Kos will win via KO in the 2nd round. However this is not the fight that 106 needs. 106 needs a fight like Carwin vs. Dos Santos or Carwin vs Big Nog. It's a shame about Brock being too sick. I understand where he's coming from though. I wouldn't want to try to cut 40 pounds and train to defend the title while being really sick. Bottom line is, Carwin is ready to fight, LET THE MAN FIGHT!!!

Kos by a rear naked choke. Just ask rich clementi how sh!tty rumbles ground game is when he gets on his back. Rumble = way overrated..... my opinion is he's not even in the top 12 ww in the ufc

He isn't... he is barely top 20,

but he also hasn't had a chance to prove himself against a great contender

So this is perfect for him, because they both have knock outs over Yoshida, and Kos is ranked I believe like 5th or 6th so it's kind of a win win for Rumble.... and a lose lose for Kos haha

All contenders ahead of Kos are tied up in fights so if Kos wins it doesn't really put him up in rankings... I guess it just puts him in line to go up in rankings if you would even call that a plus.... but If Rumble wins he is gonna jump over like half the division in rankings.

Not sure why Kos took this fight haha... I'm not saying he will lose, but it doesn't help him much either way...

I guess he just eager to fight.

Either way I don't see this going to decision, gonna be a good fight.

I feel like Rumble would be tough for GSP in a couple years...

he needs to take it slow and work his ground game more first though.

I am looking forward to this match up! The thought of these two fighting never entered my mind. Koscheck hasn't pulled a submission win since Goulet in '06 so I hope that he is able to at least take it to the ground so we can see if Johnson has improved there. As someone mentioned, if Johnson wins, I agree that they will bump him up toward the top of the fight chain and can imagine the hype already. I've liked both of these fighters and have no idea who I will pick to win at this point but I think it is going to be a great one to watch.:eek:

I am looking forward to this match up! The thought of these two fighting never entered my mind. Koscheck hasn't pulled a submission win since Goulet in '06 so I hope that he is able to at least take it to the ground so we can see if Johnson has improved there. As someone mentioned' date=' if Johnson wins, I agree that they will bump him up toward the top of the fight chain and can imagine the hype already. I've liked both of these fighters and have no idea who I will pick to win at this point but I think it is going to be a great one to watch.[/i']:eek:

... Welcome to the thread-pit Sherry, I have not seen you on this side before . You are correct .. it will be an entertaining match, I did not like the way Kos was backing up vs.Twinkle-Toes & that will not work w/ Rumble . If he allows AJ to stalk him & thinks he can counter effectively ... its all Rumble ! .. :eek:

Um, perhaps Johnson has spent the last TWO YEARS (his fight with Clementi was in 2007) working on his takedown defense??

I mean, in 2007 Matt Serra beat GSP. So a LOT can happen in a little over two years...

At this stage, Kos is nothing more than a gatekeeper anyway - the truly good fighters (Alves, Thiago, GSP) dominate him, and Kos in turn dominates the lesser lights (Trigg, Yoshida, Hazlett)....

Johnson will win this fight. And it won't be as close as the Kos ****s would have you believe...

(this is a good fight, but the fact that it's essentially replacing the Lesnar fight - and now UFC 106 is officially a mediocre card. Other than the return of Tito (against a VASTLY overrated Griffin who has been exposed as having terrible defense thanks to Jardine AND Rashad) this card offers nothing of note. Unless you think Phil Baroni is going to shock the world and return to prominence (he ain't).

Um' date=' perhaps Johnson has spent the last TWO YEARS (his fight with Clementi was in 2007) working on his takedown defense??

I mean, in 2007 Matt Serra beat GSP. So a LOT can happen in a little over two years...

At this stage, Kos is nothing more than a gatekeeper anyway - the truly good fighters (Alves, Thiago, GSP) dominate him, and Kos in turn dominates the lesser lights (Trigg, Yoshida, Hazlett)....

Johnson will win this fight. And it won't be as close as the Kos ****s would have you believe...

(this is a good fight, but the fact that it's essentially replacing the Lesnar fight - and now UFC 106 is officially a mediocre card. Other than the return of Tito (against a VASTLY overrated Griffin who has been exposed as having terrible defense thanks to Jardine AND Rashad) this card offers nothing of note. Unless you think Phil Baroni is going to shock the world and return to prominence (he ain't).[/quote']

I completely agree with everything you said. I hope it's true, because I would like US to be right here lol. I am not too worried though.

Everything I've read so far just said "Josh Koshcheck announced on his Twitter that he would be fighting at UFC 106 with the opponent tba" BUT if this is true or ends up to be true, I think it has potential to be a good fight, just depends on if Rumble's done anything too improve his ground game.

This fight is what is needed for the 106 card. But why are they bringing controversy from 104 to this card? Maybe this way' date=' AJ could actually cut the necessary weight????

I am torn about this fight, neither fighter I like or respect very much (for my own personal reasons). However, I do believe AJ would win as he is too big for any current WW, his striking is better than Kos's, I don't think Kos would be able to take AJ down. Sure Kos is an excellent wrestler, but he's not accustomed to being able to take down much bigger guys. This is a bad move for Kos IMO.[/quote']

Your own personal reasons? lol

Any current WW including GSP? HMM..lol xx

Your own personal reasons? lol

Any current WW including GSP? HMM..lol xx

Personal reasons being IMO Kos talks WAY too much for my liking, sure his stand up has improved - but not THAT much. He still has way too many holes in his game (head movement, takedown defense, MT and grappling). The guy is too overrated. I like another post when they said that he is a gate keeper (can't beat the big guys, but dominates the others). As for AJ, the guy has confidence issues. Tell me, why the hell is a 6'2" 220lbs guy fighting at WW. Seriously? No respect at all.

As for what I said about being too big for any WW. I mean it, he is too big but we all know what GSP does with bigger guys - he destroys them.

I am sick of hearing that Anthony Johnson is overrated...He has beaten everyone the UFC has put him against without any complaints other than being poked in the eye and being submitted because he was not as experienced in submissions..but that was over 2 years ago!!! Anthony Johnson has DOMINATED EVERYONE else...and i dont mean just beaten but he knocked out everyone else in devastating faction...Stop calling him overrated..the man is good and hasnt had the chance to prove it against another good fighter...he will have the chance at 106 against Koscheck....so stop saying he sucks and let the fists talk for themself...if he loses i guess hes not where he needs to be...but he will get there!!

I am sick of hearing that Anthony Johnson is overrated...He has beaten everyone the UFC has put him against without any complaints other than being poked in the eye and being submitted because he was not as experienced in submissions..but that was over 2 years ago!!! Anthony Johnson has DOMINATED EVERYONE else...and i dont mean just beaten but he knocked out everyone else in devastating faction...Stop calling him overrated..the man is good and hasnt had the chance to prove it against another good fighter...he will have the chance at 106 against Koscheck....so stop saying he sucks and let the fists talk for themself...if he loses i guess hes not where he needs to be...but he will get there!!

I agree that he is not overrated...based on his skills. I think all the hate is coming from the fact that he cuts SSSSOOOOOOOOOOO much weight to have a distinct advantage. The guy is probably the only guy who poses a legitimate threat to GSP IMO. But IMO, he doesn't or ever will, deserve a shot at the WW title. I think, he WILL be the MW champ one day.

... Welcome to the thread-pit Sherry' date=' I have not seen you on this side before . You are correct .. it will be an entertaining match, I did not like the way Kos was backing up vs.Twinkle-Toes & that will not work w/ Rumble . If he allows AJ to stalk him & thinks he can counter effectively ... its all Rumble ! .. :eek:[/quote']

Hello Beserker :D It looks like we pretty much see eye to eye on this one!

I do pop in on this side once and awhile. I comment some here, primarily on ones that I have not just knowledge of but interest in. This fight is going to be great fun to watch!

Peace =)

Firstly I want to make it clear I do not like Josh Koscheck, but I cannot wait to see him smash the hype balloon surrounding Rumble. Right now Rumble isn't even top 10 and everyone is banging on about how he would beat GSP. Right now he is behind GSP, Fitch, Swick, Hardy, Alves, Koscheck, Thiago, Daley, Hughes, Penn, Condit, Kampmann, Shields (I know he isn't UFC but still), Hazelett, Parisyan....Okay maybe he might beat a few of them, but you get my point, Rumble is overrated.

Firstly I want to make it clear I do not like Josh Koscheck' date=' but I cannot wait to see him smash the hype balloon surrounding Rumble. Right now Rumble isn't even top 10 and everyone is banging on about how he would beat GSP. Right now he is behind GSP, Fitch, Swick, Hardy, Alves, Koscheck, Thiago, Daley, Hughes, Penn, Condit, Kampmann, Shields (I know he isn't UFC but still), Hazelett, Parisyan....Okay maybe he might beat a few of them, but you get my point, Rumble is overrated.[/quote']

Your point? I'm not sure how you go from not beating top competition to overrated. Just watch him fight, instead of looking at scores and records (which people should actually do more often. :rolleyes:), he's far from overrated.

Yep' date=' I can't wait to see Kos get knocked out...again...lol. I hope this fight happens.[/quote']

It is going to happen :)

Direct from Josh Koschecks Twitter Account:

"Bout Agreement for UFC 106 is here...I will sign today and be Fighting Anthony Johnson. :)))"

about 5 hours ago from Twitterrific :D

Your point? I'm not sure how you go from not beating top competition to overrated. Just watch him fight' date=' instead of looking at scores and records (which people should actually do more often. :rolleyes:), he's far from overrated.[/quote']

I've seen his fights, he's got alot of power, but recently he did exactly what Koscheck did, KO Yoshida in the first round, except Koscheck weighed in no problem...

He is definitely overrated, because he knocked a couple of people out and he's a big guy in the division people are saying he will beat GSP? How is that not overrated? Koscheck has been in with the best in the division and we know what he can do. Just because someone looks good against average competition doesn't mean they are the second coming. Jon Jones has looked very impressive but people aren't saying he'll be too much for Machida to handle (at least nowhere near as much as are on the Rumble bandwagon) I apologise if my anger over the GSP row has spilled into this thread. He is definitely overrated.

• 1 year later...

Archived