Sign in to follow this  
pino111

Official scorecards result from UFC 104 judges

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/1027/456060/ufc-104-machida-vs-shogun/index.shtml

I guess I wasn't far off wrong comparing with the official scorecard from the judges. I originally had shogun as a winner but after watching a video couple of time. I scores first 3 rounds go to machida and last 2 go to shogun. so I think there are no conspiracy behind this, Cecil Peoples mention before that what they (him and other judges) see most people can't and they are professional at this. I rest my case

I do agree with you. We are only subjected to one camera angle at a time. We cannot see everything someone live, right there at the octagon can see. We really need to give the judges the benefit of the doubt. However they really do need to have a rematch. We will see a completely different fight where they both learned from their mistakes and will utilize more of what they found to work for them.

we have the best view in the house buddy, never is a fighters back turns towards us as any moment, we always have a good view, plus i cant believe the last judge gave round four to machida lol didnt machida land like 2 strikes in that round or something like that

I think the first and 2nd round going to machida was right, but the 3rd was a split to me, some good knees by machida and a really great kick by shogun to the body, I guess the furry at the end by machida won him the round, even though it was very ineffective to me.

How in tarnation does Machida get round 4 though? Or Shogun round 1?

I think the first and 2nd round going to machida was right' date=' but the 3rd was a split to me, some good knees by machida and a really great kick by shogun to the body, I guess the furry at the end by machida won him the round, even though it was very ineffective to me.

How in tarnation does Machida get round 4 though? Or Shogun round 1?[/quote']

I'm not sure how Machida won round 4. That really baffles me.

In the 3rd round, if the kick you're referring to happens to be the flying body kick, then you need to also watch for Machida's straight left counter which lands on the chin.

i think the biggest thing when it came to who won was as cecil people said in his post a few days ago was octagon control and grappling. Machida won both of these, a failed take down attempt (rua) does not score anything for him, positive or negative, whereas a defended take down scores positively on machida's part. so in essence shogun gave machida points by failing the takedowns. also, octagon control, most people think it is who is moving forward, in this case it was rua, so they give the fight to rua, but in reality, machida was the one that determined when they would exchange, if machida didn't feel like fighting on saturday, then he could have avoided shogun all night long. When i watched the fight initially at the bar, everyone began to cheer on shogun midway, mostly due to mike goldberg's commentating saying that he was winning, at the time i agreed, but later when i rewatched the fight and had read cecil people's comment, the decision makes a lot of sense, even though a rematch is necessary IMHO.

http://www.fightline.com/news/mma/2009/1027/456060/ufc-104-machida-vs-shogun/index.shtml

I guess I wasn't far off wrong comparing with the official scorecard from the judges. I originally had shogun as a winner but after watching a video couple of time. I scores first 3 rounds go to machida and last 2 go to shogun. so I think there are no conspiracy behind this' date=' Cecil Peoples mention before that what they (him and other judges) see most people can't and they are professional at this. I rest my case[/quote']

Round 1 was a tie, but ill give it to machida, round 3 was machida, round 2 WAS SHOGUN, go watch the fight again and pay attention shogun had that round

Round 1 was a tie' date=' but ill give it to machida, round 3 was machida, round 2 WAS SHOGUN, go watch the fight again and pay attention shogun had that round[/quote']

You base that opinion on what?

BTW.. Machida won the first round with his many knees to the body.