Randy Couture on EA sports MMA

ufcfreak13

I was just wondering if anyone knows how come he will be featured on EA sports MMA instead of undisputed 2009.

Because during a period where Randy was not contractually obligated to the UFC, he signed a deal to appear in an upcoming EA MMA game. Then he comes back to the UFC, and signs a new fight contract. Dana wasn't happy about it, that's for sure.

Because during a period where Randy was not contractually obligated to the UFC' date=' he signed a deal to appear in an upcoming EA MMA game. Then he comes back to the UFC, and signs a new fight contract. Dana wasn't happy about it, that's for sure.[/quote']

ya haha I know that. I recall reading an interview or somthing with Dana awhile back saying that any fighter who signed with that game would never fight in the UFC again or somthing. But there's no way he'll get rid of Randy.

I was just wondering if anyone knows how come he will be featured on EA sports MMA instead of undisputed 2009.

Pretty sure he didnt make it into Undisputed 2009 because technically he retired after the Gonzaga fight in order to pursue fighting Fedor once it was clear it wouldn't happen in the UFC. I didnt know he got into EA sports. Kind of a shame really playing a UFC game that doesnt have Randy in it, and yet Tito somehow still made the cut. Bet ya it was because Dana wanted to kick Tito's ****, video game or otherwise.

Its funny that you mention this in a thread. Last night during trick or treating with my kids, I was speaking to a neighbor who is high up with EA Sports. He was telling me that they have a ton of fighters who will be on the new EA Sports fighting game that is coming out. Randy and Fedor are just 2 that I can mention. My friend will be at the Strikeforce fight this Saturday night between Fedor vs Rogers and he is going to be ringside. He mentioned that we should watch the fights because they will be advertising the new game during commercial breaks for the EA game. He said that the game is so sick and nasty that it blows away Undisputed 2009. He is getting all the guys come to their head quarters and training there so they can get the realistic fights and personal movements of each fighter. He mentioned some other stuff too, but sorry, you guys will have to wait and see. It looks like I will be flipping back and forth between Strikeforce and the replay of UFC 100. Gotta get my beer and my leather chair ready for some action!!

Its funny that you mention this in a thread. Last night during trick or treating with my kids' date=' I was speaking to a neighbor who is high up with EA Sports. He was telling me that they have a ton of fighters who will be on the new EA Sports fighting game that is coming out. Randy and Fedor are just 2 that I can mention. My friend will be at the Strikeforce fight this Saturday night between Fedor vs Rogers and he is going to be ringside. He mentioned that we should watch the fights because they will be advertising the new game during commercial breaks for the EA game. He said that the game is so sick and nasty that it blows away Undisputed 2009. He is getting all the guys come to their head quarters and training there so they can get the realistic fights and personal movements of each fighter. He mentioned some other stuff too, but sorry, you guys will have to wait and see. It looks like I will be flipping back and forth between Strikeforce and the replay of UFC 100. Gotta get my beer and my leather chair ready for some action!![/quote']

If you're telling the truth, it doesnt surprise me. EA is the premier sports game franchise and I wouldn't doubt that they will get in depth enough to LAM fighters personal styles. They have what like 400 different batting stances and motions in their baseball games alone???

Its funny that you mention this in a thread. Last night during trick or treating with my kids' date=' I was speaking to a neighbor who is high up with EA Sports. He was telling me that they have a ton of fighters who will be on the new EA Sports fighting game that is coming out. Randy and Fedor are just 2 that I can mention. My friend will be at the Strikeforce fight this Saturday night between Fedor vs Rogers and he is going to be ringside. He mentioned that we should watch the fights because they will be advertising the new game during commercial breaks for the EA game. He said that the game is so sick and nasty that it blows away Undisputed 2009. He is getting all the guys come to their head quarters and training there so they can get the realistic fights and personal movements of each fighter. He mentioned some other stuff too, but sorry, you guys will have to wait and see. It looks like I will be flipping back and forth between Strikeforce and the replay of UFC 100. Gotta get my beer and my leather chair ready for some action!![/quote']

man that's sweet to know sombody like that! I personally love undisputed 2009 but I'm excited to see how an awesome company like EA that's famous for making great sport games does on an mma game. It's kinda lucky for them that undiputed came out first cause it kinda lets them know what to improve, keep the same etc.

I'm gonna pick this one up for sure.

Randy is in the game. I heard he's an unlocked fighter. I even heard Fedor is there as well as a hidden unlocked character. I could be wrong on the Fedor one though!!!!

Also when he had his last falling out with UFC in 2007 he signed with EA in order too promote the game, since Randy has control over his image and likeness.

I looked the Youtube video where they had Mayhem looking at his character. Then snaps at the makers of it. Not knowning that Mayhem was just f'ing with them. It was quite funny too see.

Randy is in the game. I heard he's an unlocked fighter. I even heard Fedor is there as well as a hidden unlocked character. I could be wrong on the Fedor one though!!!!

Also when he had his last falling out with UFC in 2007 he signed with EA in order too promote the game' date=' since Randy has control over his image and likeness.[/quote']

sorry man but I'm positive that your info is false. It doesn't even make sense that Fedor would be on the game. There are a couple of sites that show you how to make create a fighters in the likeness of characters that aren't in the game (ie. Dos Santos, Belfort, Hamill). Also the only unlockable people are the TapouT crew I'm pretty sure.

sorry man but I'm positive that your info is false. It doesn't even make sense that Fedor would be on the game. There are a couple of sites that show you how to make create a fighters in the likeness of characters that aren't in the game (ie. Dos Santos' date=' Belfort, Hamill). Also the only unlockable people are the TapouT crew I'm pretty sure.[/quote']

Yeah you could be right on that one....I saw somewhere where they had a Fedor character in UFC's game....prolly was a made-up character too look like Fedor. But I heard from someone that Randy is in the game as an unlocked character or some kind of thingy!

Yeah you could be right on that one....I saw somewhere where they had a Fedor character in UFC's game....prolly was a made-up character too look like Fedor. But I heard from someone that Randy is in the game as an unlocked character or some kind of thingy!

ya the Fedor create a character looks great.

Archived