SlurSlammer

1 Shogun

2 Rampage

3 Anderson Silva

4 Machida

5 Couture

6 Vera

7 Rashad Evans

let me correct your list because vera and couture need to be scratched out, in no way are they top 5 material, vera atleast not yet, couture is passed his prime and will not be again

1)shogun

2)anderson

3)machida

4)rampage

5)rashad

and if he keeps improving jon jones will be on that list in the next few years

1 Shogun

2 Rampage

3 Anderson Silva

4 Machida

5 Couture

6 Vera

7 Rashad Evans

--

Its 1 thing to be all over the Shogun Train, But when you make a list that proves you know nothing of MMA, its basically disregards all other "cry baby" shogun topics you have made.

for starters.. Shogun just lost... Hes prob at 5 best... Machida is 1

AND WERE IS THIAGO SILVA????

-

oh lemme guess your not really into MMA so u dont know who he is yet?

Utter jokes that you have Vera ahead of Thiago... And like i said now disregardes any posts you make.

--

Its 1 thing to be all over the Shogun Train' date=' But when you make a list that proves you know nothing of MMA, its basically disregards all other "cry baby" shogun topics you have made.

for starters.. Shogun just lost... Hes prob at 5 best... Machida is 1

AND WERE IS THIAGO SILVA????

-

oh lemme guess your not really into MMA so u dont know who he is yet?

Utter jokes that you have Vera ahead of Thiago... And like i said now disregardes any posts you make.[/quote']

why do you act so knowledgeable and look like a tard? thiago silva? please his toughest fight since machida, which he lost, was jardine, he is not top 5 material, let him fight some top guys before you rank him in the top 5

why do you act so knowledgeable and look like a tard? thiago silva? please his toughest fight since machida' date=' which he lost, was jardine, he is not top 5 material, let him fight some top guys before you rank him in the top 5[/quote']

yet u have Anderson at 3 And his only real test at 205 was griffin ( if you call that a test )

And how is Shogun above Machida? that clearly makes no sense. You fail, and im not sittin here arguing with you over Who won who didnt ( check the fighter page out if you wanna get big MACHIDA IS CHAMP )

yet u have Anderson at 3 And his only real test at 205 was griffin ( if you call that a test )

And how is Shogun above Machida? that clearly makes no sense. You fail' date=' and im not sittin here arguing with you over Who won who didnt ( check the fighter page out if you wanna get big MACHIDA IS CHAMP )[/quote']

then dont its an arguement you cant win big guy... and destroying forrest, and beating dan henderson is more of a test than ko'ing jardine as your careers accomplishment big guy

why are people putting anderson silva on lhw lists? he only has 2 fights at lhw and now he is a lhw? stop being anderson silva ball huggers and make up a true list with fighters that are actually in lhw not the middleweight champion who has fought at lhw.. seriously ...

why are people putting anderson silva on lhw lists? he only has 2 fights at lhw and now he is a lhw? stop being anderson silva ball huggers and make up a true list with fighters that are actually in lhw not the middleweight champion who has fought at lhw.. seriously ...

id rather put him in place of thiago silva any day

first all, why do ppl put Anderson Silva in top 7? i know, he's good but he is a MW. hes' suppose to be the best P4P so u gonna put him on HW too? i believe we should rank each person who is in his weight class

1. Machida - he is still the champ! no matter how you NOT like him after the Shogun fight. as he said, he didnt call the fight and if you are a martial artist, you will understand why the judges scored him more

2. Shogun - i guess i dun need to say why...

3. Couture - how can we count him out, i know he past his prime but we can never count him out! he can beat any fighter in LHW or HW any given day!

4. Lidell - if he does come back he is my #4 if he doesnt then I'll put Franklin. he was the champ in MW, now that he is in a different weight class, it will only take times....

5. Rampage - only champ to succsfully defended his title!

i'm sorry i can only give up to top 5...

Vera - there is NO way he is top 7, maybe top 10. he used to be good but he is no longer the fighter he was....

Rashad Evans - I know he was a former champ but beating Forrest to get it, Forrest is THE MOST OVERRATED fighter in any weight class. honestly, Forrest shouldnt even given a title shot!

Forrest - dun get me wrong, i like him. but everyone love him due to the UF final! and he will always be loved by the fans and dana white. but top 7? NO WAY!!

Thiago - who he fought that was tought/good? yes he fought Lyoto but Thiago lost remember!!

first all' date=' why do ppl put Anderson Silva in top 7? i know, he's good but he is a MW. hes' suppose to be the best P4P so u gonna put him on HW too? i believe we should rank each person who is in his weight class

1. Machida - he is still the champ! no matter how you NOT like him after the Shogun fight. as he said, he didnt call the fight and if you are a martial artist, you will understand why the judges scored him more

3. Couture - how can we count him out, i know he past his prime but we can never count him out! he can beat any fighter in LHW or HW any given day!

4. Lidell - if he does come back he is my #4 if he doesnt then I'll put Franklin. he was the champ in MW, now that he is in a different weight class, it will only take times....

Vera - there is NO way he is top 7, maybe top 10. he used to be good but he is no longer the fighter he was....

Rashad Evans - I know he was a former champ but beating Forrest to get it, Forrest is THE MOST OVERRATED fighter in any weight class. honestly, Forrest shouldnt even given a title shot!

Forrest - dun get me wrong, i like him. but everyone love him due to the UF final! and he will always be loved by the fans and dana white. but top 7? NO WAY!!

Thiago - who he fought that was tought/good? yes he fought Lyoto but Thiago lost remember!![/quote']

im srry but i would replace your couture with anderson anyday, couture is in no shape or form a top fighter anymore, and he can not beat any top fighter any given day, vera will show you this, and liddell? cmon man hes passed his prime aswell, if your list was pertaining to fighters in their primes ok, but as of right now you need to scratch chuck and couture out of your list for good

1. machida- i dont even like the guy but regardless he is the champ

2. rampage- fluke loss to griffin should still be champ in my opinion

3. shogun- yes he might of got robbed against machida, but his only big win was chuck and rampage and rashad also thrashed chuck. Shogun did destroy rampage in pride but for now i think rampage would ko him.

4. rashad- he got ko'd by machida so he cant be better then at least 4 unless he beats rampage.

5. a. Silva- 2 ko's at this weight and in dramatic fashion, if he faces any of the 4 above him then no doubt would he be higher but he has to prove himself at this weight first.

6. hendo- he can fight at mw and lhw and in my opinion he is def in the top 7 at lhw.

7. franklin- same thing as hendo but since he got beat by silva and hendo he comes in at 7.

first all' date=' why do ppl put Anderson Silva in top 7? i know, he's good but he is a MW. hes' suppose to be the best P4P so u gonna put him on HW too? i believe we should rank each person who is in his weight class

Thiago - who he fought that was tought/good? yes he fought Lyoto but Thiago lost remember!![/quote']

He's listed as LHW and MW

im srry but i would replace your couture with anderson anyday' date=' couture is in no shape or form a top fighter anymore, and he can not beat any top fighter any given day, vera will show you this, and liddell? cmon man hes passed his prime aswell, if your list was pertaining to fighters in their primes ok, but as of right now you need to scratch chuck and couture out of your list for good[/quote']

I disagree. Couture put up one hell of a great fight against Big Nog. I thought he looked really good.. his submission defense was outstanding!!

Chuck Liddell... while his record hasn't been impressive as of late, you have to take into account who he's lost to:

- Rampage, TKO for the title, went on to defend it.

- Rashad, knocked him out COLD, went on to win title in next fight. Loses it to Machida.

- Shogun, TKO, gets title shot against Machida and loses the most controversial decision of the year.

So when you look at it that way, it's not like Liddell has been losing to bums. These guys are all easily in the top 5, regardless of how you want to rank them.

I'd say the Jardine fight was an anomoly, and that Chuck would definitely take a rematch.

Wow, how do you knock a guy down to fourth place after he defended his title successfully? Nevermind that you replaced him with the very guy that he just defeated. Obviously a huge Shogun fan. Even if you are one of these Pride-lovers, how do you knock Machida down to fourth place considering how close the fight was? Your rankings are awful, top to bottom. Thank the lord they are meaningless. So I suppose Kenny Florian is No. 1 lightweight even after Penn manhandled him. According to your system, this is very possible.

5. Rampage - [b']only champ to succsfully defended his title![/b]

Thiago - who he fought that was tought/good? yes he fought Lyoto but Thiago lost remember!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but...I think Machida just defended his title..

1.Machida (you cant deny his spot at no.1, i honestly think Shogun is the better fighter, but you cant say at this moment in time, that Machida is not no.1 LHW, he is undefeated, and the fact remains... he has a win over Shogun on his record, no matter what the result should have been)

2.Shogun (IMO the best LHW in the world, take note you Machida fanboys lol - i said IMO lol)

3.Rampage (even though he is having a break for now, he should still be this high up i think, based on his record, and recent fights).

4.Rashad Evans (even though i dont rate him, but realistically.. he is definetly in top5)

5.Anderson Silva (not enough fights at LHW IMO, so he doesnt warrant being in top3 like alot of you have put him, IMO i think im being generous putting him in top 5, but he beat a previously top5 LHW in Griffin, so i got to put him here)

6.Lil Nog (he is not as recognised as many LHW, but i believe he is definetly this high up the list, i rate him very highly)

7.Thiago Silva (great fighter, i see him beating Rashad, and then there places in my personal rankings switched)

1.Machida (you cant deny his spot at no.1' date=' i honestly think Shogun is the better fighter, but you cant say at this moment in time, that Machida is not no.1 LHW, he is undefeated, and the fact remains... he has a win over Shogun on his record, no matter what the result should have been)

2.Shogun (IMO the best LHW in the world, take note you Machida fanboys lol - i said IMO lol)

3.Rampage (even though he is having a break for now, he should still be this high up i think, based on his record, and recent fights).

4.Rashad Evans (even though i dont rate him, but realistically.. he is definetly in top5)

5.Anderson Silva (not enough fights at LHW IMO, so he doesnt warrant being in top3 like alot of you have put him, IMO i think im being generous putting him in top 5, but he beat a previously top5 LHW in Griffin, so i got to put him here)

6.Lil Nog (he is not as recognised as many LHW, but i believe he is definetly this high up the list, i rate him very highly)

7.Thiago Silva (great fighter, i see him beating Rashad, and then there places in my personal rankings switched)[/quote']

i like your list but i would rank anderson number 3 on the count that forrest beat rampage, and rashad beat forrest but not as badly as anderson did

1 Shogun

2 Rampage

3 Anderson Silva

4 Machida

5 Couture

6 Vera

7 Rashad Evans

1. Shogun (What? He lost to Griffin, won a pathetic fight against Coleman, beat a washed up Liddell, and lost a controversal decision to Machida. I don't think that would qualify him to be number one, maybe not even top 3.)

2. Rampage (Not as of late, maybe top five)

3. Silva (He's only fought twice in this division, against a low ranked fighter and Griffin.)

4. Machida (number four? Just no.)

5. Couture (Not top five.)

6. Rashad (Just lost to Machida after becoming champion and previously undefeated. How does that slip him to number 7?)

Where the hell is Thiago Silva? Haha

1 Shogun

2 Rampage

3 Anderson Silva

4 Machida

5 Couture

6 Vera

7 Rashad Evans

Horrible list ..

No matter how many of us believe Shogun won, the fact is that he didn't. Rampage isn't even fighting anymore, and Couture/Vera? WOW.

1. Machida

2. Shogun

3. A. Silva

4. Rashad

5. T.Silva

6. Nogueira

7. Cane

8. Franklin

9. Vera

10. Couture

1 Shogun

2 Rampage

3 Anderson Silva

4 Machida

5 Couture

6 Vera

7 Rashad Evans

Did u just look up names and write them down??? here is the list

1.MACHIDA (yeah thats right fellas)

2.Shogun

(if were calling Anderson a 205 insert here but i think he has work to do at 185)

3.Rashad

4.Thiago

5.Couture

6.Jardien

7.Forrest or Tito (who ever wins at 106)

Did u just look up names and write them down??? here is the list

1.MACHIDA (yeah thats right fellas)

2.Shogun

(if were calling Anderson a 205 insert here but i think he has work to do at 185)

3.Rashad

4.Thiago

5.Couture

6.Jardien

7.Forrest or Tito (who ever wins at 106)

You had it up until 5.

Couture? Jardine? Forrest/Tito?

No Luis Cane (10-1) or Lil Nog (17-3)? Dude, until Tito proves that he's not washed up, and Forrest/Jardine/Couture actually win, NONE of them are considered that high. Couture is just tenth because he would still spank Tito, and would put it to either Forrest or Jardine.

why do you act so knowledgeable and look like a tard? thiago silva? please his toughest fight since machida' date=' which he lost, was jardine, he is not top 5 material, let him fight some top guys before you rank him in the top 5[/quote']

Compared to Brandon Vera though? Impressive how he put Krystof Sozinski away, right?

Please .. please tell me that your list is a joke.

Machida has already DISMANTLED Thiago Silva' date=' and Vera just barely got by Kryzstof.

Just bad ... stop please.[/quote']

its just my own opinion. i dislike machida because his boring to watch. i like thiago because i like strikers.vera is a filipino.

its just my own opinion. i dislike machida because his boring to watch. i like thiago because i like strikers.vera is a filipino.

But the question isn't who you like the most .. it asked for rankings. Well, I guess you can take that however you want. Alright, whatever.

You had it up until 5.

this is why Vera needs to Muay-Thai the crap outta Couture early, Jardine needs to get wrecked early in his next & ... Forrest/Tito need to bore us to death ....

maybe we can move on then ?

did you read the post-fight transcript verbatim ?

You had it up until 5.

this is why Vera needs to Muay-Thai the crap outta Couture early' date=' Jardine needs to get wrecked early in his next & ... Forrest/Tito need to bore us to death ....

maybe we can move on then ?

did you read the post-fight transcript verbatim ?[/quote']

if randy wins in this fight,does he deserve a title shot?or atleast a top headliner like thiago silva or shogun?

It amazes me how people can rank Shogun #1 and drop Machida down to #4. For a start, to be #1 usually means you hold the title, and like Fast_Knockout stated earlier, his fight against a much older and slower Coleman was horrible, Liddell was a good show but Liddell isnt even in the same class these days and Shoguns best fight was against Machida, but that doesnt mean hes ranked number 1.

Facts:

Machida is undefeated not just in the UFC but in his professional MMA career, has the LHW title and defended it against Shogun. His resume is very impressive having defeated the likes of Stephan Bonnar, Rich Franklin, BJ Penn, Tito Ortiz, Thiago Silva (previously undefeated), Rashad Evans (previously undefeated) and now Shogun, and not only Shogun but the best Shogun Ive seen.

Yes, I am a Machida fan and I laugh at people putting Shogun above Machida, let alone #1 rank. Machida is also arguably considered in the top 5 of pound for pound fighers in the world, could you say that for Shogun?

Anyways,

1 - Lyoto Machida

2 - Quinton Jackson

3 - Maricio Rua

4 - Rashad Evans

5 - Thiago Silva

6 - Forrest Griffin

7 - Brandon Vera

Yes I put Forrest in there because he made your boy Shogun tap out. Jackson over Rua because he has been consistently better in the LHW division than Rua. Evans and Thiago are really about the same rank in my opinion. Brandon Vera is 7th because hes found his home in LHW as opposed to HW and hes gonna start cutting peope up IMO. Honorable mentions are Couture (cant really place him in the top 7 as he keeps jumping from HW and LHW, but deserves a mention as the only guy to test Lesnar), and Mousasi (could easily place him in the top 7 if we considered fighters from other organisations). I wouldnt consider Anderson in there because he's only had 2 LHW fights, which he destroyed Irvin and Forrest didnt really test him in the division weight.

Would love to see Shogun vs Anderson.

It amazes me how people can rank Shogun #1 and drop Machida down to #4. For a start' date=' to be #1 usually means you hold the title, and like Fast_Knockout stated earlier, his fight against a much older and slower Coleman was horrible, Liddell was a good show but Liddell isnt even in the same class these days and Shoguns best fight was against Machida, but that doesnt mean hes ranked number 1.

Facts:

Machida is undefeated not just in the UFC but in his professional MMA career, has the LHW title and defended it against Shogun. His resume is very impressive having defeated the likes of Stephan Bonnar, Rich Franklin, BJ Penn, Tito Ortiz, Thiago Silva (previously undefeated), Rashad Evans (previously undefeated) and now Shogun, and not only Shogun but the best Shogun Ive seen.

Yes, I am a Machida fan and I laugh at people putting Shogun above Machida, let alone #1 rank. Machida is also arguably considered in the top 5 of pound for pound fighers in the world, [b']could you say that for Shogun?[/b]

Anyways,

1 - Lyoto Machida

2 - Quinton Jackson

3 - Maricio Rua

4 - Rashad Evans

5 - Thiago Silva

6 - Forrest Griffin

7 - Brandon Vera

Yes I put Forrest in there because he made your boy Shogun tap out. Jackson over Rua because he has been consistently better in the LHW division than Rua. Evans and Thiago are really about the same rank in my opinion. Brandon Vera is 7th because hes found his home in LHW as opposed to HW and hes gonna start cutting peope up IMO. Honorable mentions are Couture (cant really place him in the top 7 as he keeps jumping from HW and LHW, but deserves a mention as the only guy to test Lesnar), and Mousasi (could easily place him in the top 7 if we considered fighters from other organisations). I wouldnt consider Anderson in there because he's only had 2 LHW fights, which he destroyed Irvin and Forrest didnt really test him in the division weight.

Would love to see Shogun vs Anderson.

yes...yes i can

If Couture beats Vera put him against Rua. Winner of that faces Lyoto.

Originally Posted by Beserker101

if randy wins in this fight,does he deserve a title shot?or atleast a top headliner like thiago silva or shogun?

THIS POST QUOTE IS NOT MINE, THE DUDE JUGGLED THE EDIT !

Archived