Machida has something to prove

UFCbeatdown88

Now in my opinion machida won the 1st fight. But now with everyone especially Dana saying Shogun won Lyoto will bounce back and defeat shogun rather surprisingly than a SD or UD. Shogun being the great fighter and in ur opinions "the champ" will somehow get ****y and believe he can do the same that he did at 104 and will get pounded and all of the newly found shogun fan boys will leave the site and come back speaking in how lyoto is the greatest etc. Shogun better be aware that a Machida with new determination and something to prove is the scariest thing on earth. Shogun will LOSE the rematch

Now in my opinion machida won the 1st fight. But now with everyone especially Dana saying Shogun won Lyoto will bounce back and defeat shogun rather surprisingly than a SD or UD. Shogun being the great fighter and in ur opinions "the champ" will somehow get ****y and believe he can do the same that he did at 104 and will get pounded and all of the newly found shogun fan boys will leave the site and come back speaking in how lyoto is the greatest etc. Shogun better be aware that a Machida with new determination and something to prove is the scariest thing on earth. Shogun will LOSE the rematch

Machida has EVERYTHING to prove. Hey...he should be worried about what the fans think on this one. Sure the judges have the final decision, but the fans pay him!!!! Like I said, he has EVERYTHING to prove.

Might I add...so does Rua!

Shogun trained for months to kick Lyoto ****. What he achieved? Next time he will have even better gameplan? I think Lyoto will improve on the gameplan a lot more. My bet is in the rematch Lyoto will win. Anyway, funny to see that they fear each others punching power. They didn't do their usual stuff. Who will rise above it and have the chin to take a little bit chance will win. I say Lyoto. Shogun will get knocked out. He has been hit hard in pride but he was afraid of Lyotos punches. Why he didn't proceed for the kill after some low kicks? Well, because... ...he would have got knocked out!

Shogun trained for months to kick Lyoto ****. What he achieved? Next time he will have even better gameplan? I think Lyoto will improve on the gameplan a lot more. My bet is in the rematch Lyoto will win. Anyway' date=' funny to see that they fear each others punching power. They didn't do their usual stuff. Who will rise above it and have the chin to take a little bit chance will win. I say Lyoto. Shogun will get knocked out. He has been hit hard in pride but he was afraid of Lyotos punches. Why he didn't proceed for the kill after some low kicks? Well, because... ...he would have got knocked out![/quote']

I'm skeptical on an immediate rematch, its just bad business, but I agree Machida would wreck & stretchem' . Lyoto, Yoshizo, & Black House would make the necessary adjustments . ;)

Hmm i dont believe he will get ****y. By the way, your post.. typical fanboy post. But anyway.. ill carry on.

I dont believe Shogun will get ****y, i think he will be more confident, and have more urgency. Shogun is so experienced, he is not going to do anything stupid, he is far to intelligent and talented to do anything stupid. He knows how tough Machida is, and he knows Machida can KO people. So i doubt he will get too ****y. He also knows it was a close fight, but due to the sheer amount of people (and every single MMA analyst there is lol) it was alot more decisive in his favour than anyone thought. The fact really is, that i dont get how such an amount of people can be wrong, yet such a minority (who now think they are MMA experts) think Machida won.

In the rematch, both Machida and Shogun will be looking to finish the fight this time. If you think Shogun is going to make a big mistake... yeh he could do.. BUT so could Machida. If Machida makes a mistake, Shogun has vicious KO power, and infact i think Shogun is far more likely to KO Machida than Machida is to KO Shogun. Machida is more likely to win decisions against top quality strikers, because he back pedals too much when in abit of danger. We saw it all to often when he fought Shogun. Im not saying its a bad thing, because it works for him. however, it does annoy me lol. If he back pedalled... and then threw a great counter at the end, i wouldnt mind so much, but sometimes he literally back pedals and does nothing lol. But anyway.. i think the rematch is much needed to sort this mess out.

But what is needed on these forums, is abit of common sense and reality, and far less 'fanboyism' lol. Because it is getting ridiculous. Realistically... what we saw on Saturday, was too of the best technical strikers in the sport clash. In a very close fight. I personally thought Shogun edged out the win, as did many others... so how so many are so wrong.. i dont know. But the fact is, it was a close fight, and it needs to be decided properly. Both fighters will be looking to do so in the rematch, and im thinking its not going to go all 5 rounds. I personally will be rooting for Shogun (as like very few of us on here.. i have stuck by him since he has come to the UFC, i have been a big fan for a very long time, so im not someone who has just jumped on the new bandwagon since he has proved himself lol). And i do think Shogun will have the edge again. I think he will win. Because i believe he is a better all round fighter than Machida.

ANYWAY. Damn i gotta keep away from these threads. I find myself repeating myself all to often.

You guys are so stupid' date=' yall still have no idea what shogun is capable of doing lol, Machida will get knocked out 4 sure.[/quote']

... pure genius, educated, factual, but technically complicated post ... amazing amount of thought & composition, thankyou for the inspiration .

Time and again, I would always say I'm a big fan of the Dragon. Even though I am one of those Machida fans who couldn't exactly swallow wholeheartedly the verdict of the judges, I think he still got what it takes to be able to retain his title. Rua is a great fighter, I give him that, but I wouldn't go so far as to say he can knock Lyoto out. Machida is a true warrior who had his share of his glory and downfall. And what this thread is saying is true- even if Machida is still the champ, the burden of proof now lies with him. But I'm really certain we will see the emergence of a stronger and more powerful Lyoto Machida once he meets Rua in that cage. It's definitely a slug fest!

Did anyone notice that Lyoto ?didn?t look right? when he was in his corner? It was as if something was going on to distract him from the job in hand. I?m not making excuses as I like both fighters and had no preference as to who won the fight, although I feel Rua did edge it, but either man could have upped the aggression. When Lyoto throws shots at close range he is wide open to a counter so I don?t feel he is as unbeatable as many say. If he is drawn into a close quarter battle when his opponent is hurt, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get KO?ed at some point in his career.

Hmm i dont believe he will get ****y. By the way' date=' your post.. typical fanboy post. But anyway.. ill carry on.

I dont believe Shogun will get ****y, i think he will be more confident, and have more urgency. Shogun is so experienced, he is not going to do anything stupid, he is far to intelligent and talented to do anything stupid. He knows how tough Machida is, and he knows Machida can KO people. So i doubt he will get too ****y. He also knows it was a close fight, but due to the sheer amount of people (and every single MMA analyst there is lol) it was alot more decisive in his favour than anyone thought. The fact really is, that i dont get how such an amount of people can be wrong, yet such a minority (who now think they are MMA experts) think Machida won.

In the rematch, both Machida and Shogun will be looking to finish the fight this time. If you think Shogun is going to make a big mistake... yeh he could do.. BUT so could Machida. If Machida makes a mistake, Shogun has vicious KO power, and infact i think Shogun is far more likely to KO Machida than Machida is to KO Shogun. Machida is more likely to win decisions against top quality strikers, because he back pedals too much when in abit of danger. We saw it all to often when he fought Shogun. Im not saying its a bad thing, because it works for him. however, it does annoy me lol. If he back pedalled... and then threw a great counter at the end, i wouldnt mind so much, but sometimes he literally back pedals and does nothing lol. But anyway.. i think the rematch is much needed to sort this mess out.

But what is needed on these forums, is abit of common sense and reality, and far less 'fanboyism' lol. Because it is getting ridiculous. Realistically... what we saw on Saturday, was too of the best technical strikers in the sport clash. In a very close fight. I personally thought Shogun edged out the win, as did many others... so how so many are so wrong.. i dont know. But the fact is, it was a close fight, and it needs to be decided properly. Both fighters will be looking to do so in the rematch, and im thinking its not going to go all 5 rounds. I personally will be rooting for Shogun (as like very few of us on here.. i have stuck by him since he has come to the UFC, i have been a big fan for a very long time, so im not someone who has just jumped on the new bandwagon since he has proved himself lol). And i do think Shogun will have the edge again. I think he will win. Because i believe he is a better all round fighter than Machida.

ANYWAY. Damn i gotta keep away from these threads. I find myself repeating myself all to often.[/quote']

Agreed. Great post man. I think we'll see a much more intense and hungry fight with alot more urgency in the rematch. What I really want to see is 3 new judges, simply and only because I am very keen to see how 3 new judges score the rematch should it go to a close decision again.

Did anyone notice that Lyoto ?didn?t look right? when he was in his corner? It was as if something was going on to distract him from the job in hand. I?m not making excuses as I like both fighters and had no preference as to who won the fight' date=' although I feel Rua did edge it, but either man could have upped the aggression. When Lyoto throws shots at close range he is wide open to a counter so I don?t feel he is as unbeatable as many say. If he is drawn into a close quarter battle when his opponent is hurt, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get KO?ed at some point in his career.[/quote']

Yeah, he didn't look or act like the Machida we saw vs. Rashad & Thiago, but they didn't have the big-name & mystique, also the hype was nothing compared to this championship match . Neither Dragon or Shogun would ever make a medical-excuse known if that was the case . Machida struggled a bit w/ big-name Ortiz also, maybe its mental-pressure thing ? No point in speculating ... :confused:

Did anyone notice that Lyoto ?didn?t look right? when he was in his corner? It was as if something was going on to distract him from the job in hand. I?m not making excuses as I like both fighters and had no preference as to who won the fight' date=' although I feel Rua did edge it, but either man could have upped the aggression. When Lyoto throws shots at close range he is wide open to a counter so I don?t feel he is as unbeatable as many say. If he is drawn into a close quarter battle when his opponent is hurt, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get KO?ed at some point in his career.[/quote']

Finally somebody posted about this. Yeah, Lyoto did look like something was distracting him. IMO the distraction was Rua. Hey, Lyoto was set up to fail in my opinion. After he beat Rashad, Dana commented that this may be 'Lyoto time'. Because of this, the UFC dumped a tone of money into promoting him and getting thousands of fans to jump on his band wagon. To me, that look was the pressure getting to him. He looked like he was ready to puke, or at leat pull a Forrest and bolt from the octogon. He lost the fight before getting into the octogon.

Don't take this as Lyoto bashing...that's not what is intended. I think this single thing will be the most determining factor in their next fight. Lyoto WON'T be as nervous/distracted and will put on a better show.

You know Lyoto isnt the one who is scary when he has something to prove. The one time I have seen Shogun when he wanted to prove something it was against Rampage who also had an undeserved win over Mauricios brother. That was one of the worst beatings I have ever seen Rampage take. Both fighters Lyoto and Rua are great and its going to be another exiting fight which can go either way. I personally hope Shogun comes out a winner beacuse he really deserves that after such a horrible decision.

I totally agree. Machida is a force to be reconded with. He has alot of talent that he has yet to show, and in the rematch Shogun better watch out. He has alot of determanation, and he is an excellent fighter. Shogun does get ****y, and he's going to realize theres always someone out there thats going to better than you. And Machida will prove that, AGAIN.

Archived