Josh koscheck vs Anthony "rumble" Johnson reported for ufc 106

Miles94

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play, this isnt the 1st time he has stepped up last minute, I have new found respect for the guy. I think he would handle Johnson if he wasnt stubborn and try to stand with him. Tall guys like johnson arent always the the best a tdown defence. I think Hughes would be a good fight, dnt think he will take it though. Maybe matt serra would though, im not a fan but maybe those guys would deliver a stand up war.

It must be against daley' date=' hughes would be a waste, way too easy for Kos.[/quote']

Hughes wouldnt be too easy.He would probably be favourite.Daley is fighting Carlos Condit at Ufc 108 so it wont be him.Daley vs Thiago Alves would be a great fight.

Hoping for Matt Serra' date=' that has fight of the night written all over it. Stand up WAR.

Hughes and Rumble are also potentials.[/quote']

Serra is fighting Trigg at ufc 109 so it wont be him.Type in List of ufc events wiki and it tells you all the fights that are coming up.

Serra is fighting Trigg at ufc 109 so it wont be him.Type in List of ufc events wiki and ittells you all the fights that are coming up.

Yea, but that's not confirmed and easy to change. UFC 109 is months away, if Serra was hypothetically willing to fight at 106 it'd be ten times easier to find someone else for 109 than to find someone else for 106.

This stuff happens often. Thiago Alves was set and confirmed to fight Paulo Thiago, but Jon Fitch needed a new opponent. Thiago Alves got moved to fight Fitch, and now Paulo is fighting someone else. So it's possible.

I personally think that no matter who Josh fights its not going to save the card.I REALLY hate to say it but Strikeforce owns the month of November.Even with the free fight in the UK its been a sad month for the UFC.

Shogun was robbed and Mazzagatti sucks giant dong.

I personally think that no matter who Josh fights its not going to save the card.I REALLY hate to say it but Strikeforce owns the month of November.Even with the free fight in the UK its been a sad month for the UFC.

Shogun was robbed and Mazzagatti sucks giant dong.

Why are some people think UFC 105 and 106 stinks? Yeah, 106 is not stack, but it has a lot of good matches. Just because there is no really big names on the card does not mean the card is not going to be good.

Yea' date=' but that's not confirmed and easy to change. UFC 109 is months away, if Serra was hypothetically willing to fight at 106 it'd be ten times easier to find someone else for 109 than to find someone else for 106.

This stuff happens often. Thiago Alves was set and confirmed to fight Paulo Thiago, but Jon Fitch needed a new opponent. Thiago Alves got moved to fight Fitch, and now Paulo is fighting someone else. So it's possible.[/quote']

Its possible but its very unlikely especially with only 3 and a half weeks to ufc 106.I doubt serra would take the fight.

Why are some people think UFC 105 and 106 stinks? Yeah' date=' 106 is not stack, but it has a lot of good matches. Just because there is no really big names on the card does not mean the card is not going to be good.[/quote']

I agree a card doesn't need to be stacked to be great but Lesnar pulling out it destroys that card(i hate lesnar btw) I do think the UK card is a pretty damn good but like i said before the Strikeforce card owns this month hell... the WEC card will probably get more viewers than 105 or 106!

Its possible but its very unlikely especially with only 3 and a half weeks to ufc 106.I doubt serra would take the fight.

Yea, but you can say the same about Koscheck. If Koscheck accepted the fight then he knows the opponent. 90% chance it's a top ranked WW (no one wants to see Koscheck beat up a nobody again.) Not gonna be GSP, Thiago Alves and Jon Fitch are fighting at 106 or 107, Swick and Hardy are at 105, so who's left that's still a good opponent for someone of Koscheck's caliber? Only names coming to mind are Daley, Kampmann and Serra. IDK about Kampmann but Serra and Daley have fights scheduled. Thing is, they're months away and could easily have another fighter put in their place if they were put at 106.

MAYBE Rumble.

Ya 106 sucks, especially if you are like me and spent over $1500 dollars to travel over 1600 miles to your first live UFC only to hear every fighter that you wanted to see isn't fighting. I would say that sucks and I am sure that I am not the only one to think that. I would not even buy this UFC if I was staying at home. I feel completely ripped off and I hope the UFC puts on one hell of a show for everyone that paid the same ticket prices as a stacked card.

Yea' date=' but you can say the same about Koscheck. If Koscheck accepted the fight then he knows the opponent. 90% chance it's a top ranked WW (no one wants to see Koscheck beat up a nobody again.) Not gonna be GSP, Thiago Alves and Jon Fitch are fighting at 106 or 107, Swick and Hardy are at 105, so who's left that's still a good opponent for someone of Koscheck's caliber? Only names coming to mind are Daley, Kampmann and Serra. IDK about Kampmann but Serra and Daley have fights scheduled. Thing is, they're months away and could easily have another fighter put in their place if they were put at 106.

MAYBE Rumble.[/quote']

Matt Hughes,hes just after beating Matt Serra, and Koscheck called him out after his fight with trigg at ufc 103

Serra is fighting Trigg at ufc 109 so it wont be him.Type in List of ufc events wiki and ittells you all the fights that are coming up.

actually serra is fight trigg at 110 in australia got the word straight from george sotoropolis when he was here in san diego, george is also going to fight @110 in australia too.

Well what is Dana supposed to do? No one can replace a heavyweight title defense with 3 weeks. I think adding kos to the card is about the best you could hope for.

What Dana should do is move Couture vs Vera back a week or refund about half of the ticket prices to those of us unlucky enough to have prepurchased our tickets

So far i have read that Hughes wouldnt be a good match for Kos, and that Dailey would... FAIL. Then I heard "well it could be Fitch" funny bc Fitch and Kos will not fight eachother... Sometimes I wonder how long some of you have actually been watching the UFC. Hughes would beat Kos... And Dailey... Kos would run through Dailey.

What Dana should do is move Couture vs Vera back a week or refund about half of the ticket prices to those of us unlucky enough to have prepurchased our tickets

No way can they just move the headliner from an event they have already nearly sold out for back a week the stupidest suggestion yet.

As said its Koscheck v Johnson, the fight makes sense but I can only imagine both this fight and FitchvAlves as being classed as Co Main Events as that fight is actually a stronger fight.

Whether you like him or not Koscheck is always ready to step up and fight on short notice and he always puts on an exciting performance. I am definitely looking forward to his fight with Johnson. Obviously it's not as huge as Lesnar vs Carwin but nothing would be so I think this is a really good matchup for a last minute change.

cant they just move penn sanchez up to 106 and put carwin lesnar at 107? what if brock is better beforehand and is able to get enough training in?

Koscheck vs.Semtex/Kampmann/Rumble .. not Hughes/Serra/Trigg

... the UFC really needs to take their time bringing Lesnar back, if they do not do this properly, the Brock-breath brocoholics will have a questionable excuse & here we go again w/ controversy . This influenza-thing can be very serious & I want him certified extensively @ 100% before he defends the title . :rolleyes:

kos vs rumble johnson is a sick fight ... Good enough for me !!

come on , do you think dana can find a better match in a 3 week notice !!

Maybe we ll get to see gsp vs johnson sooner than expected...

Sure it is not as good as lesnar vs carwin but its still a solid fight

if thats how you think then dont ever buy a ppv?

I pay for PPV when there are good fighters on the card rather then a card full of gate keepers ... Watching it live is alot better then watching the reruns... These fights on 106 are crap now that Brock pulled out the only one I'd pay for is Koscheck Vs Anthony Johnson the rest might be exciting but yet I don't care either way which one of them win...

so we go from having the fight of the year to having Koscheck, a guy who has lost two of his last four fights? what dana should do is tell carwin he needs to man up and fight a stand in. i would much rather watch Carwin destroy some clown then watch a guy who in my opinion does not have a legitimate chance to ever be a champion in his weight class or any other for that matter.

Not to mention he is fighting a guy who just fought at ufc 106, so i honestly do not see why Anthony Johson can man up and fight koscheck but cain can not man up and fight Carwin?. These are the things that frustrate the fans and makes us wonder why some of these fights are set up. i understand its short notice, but the math doesn't add up here on this one. If carwin defeats Lesnar he is going to have to fight Cain regardless because he is next in line, so whats the difference. if he can't beat him now how is he going to beat him after he fights lesnar? and to every one who is going to say they both got told they get title shots, that can still happen, the winner fights lesnar and then the loser fights the winner of that bout. simple solution. give the guys a pay day similar to the championship pay day and hell even throw in a temporary belt to please every one.

so we go from having the fight of the year to having Koscheck' date=' a guy who has lost two of his last four fights? what dana should do is tell carwin he needs to man up and fight a stand in. i would much rather watch Carwin destroy some clown then watch a guy who in my opinion does not have a legitimate chance to ever be a champion in his weight class or any other for that matter.

Not to mention he is fighting a guy who just fought at ufc 106, so i honestly do not see why Anthony Johson can man up and fight koscheck but cain can not man up and fight Carwin?. These are the things that frustrate the fans and makes us wonder why some of these fights are set up. i understand its short notice, but the math doesn't add up here on this one. If carwin defeats Lesnar he is going to have to fight Cain regardless because he is next in line, so whats the difference. if he can't beat him now how is he going to beat him after he fights lesnar? and to every one who is going to say they both got told they get title shots, that can still happen, the winner fights lesnar and then the loser fights the winner of that bout. simple solution. give the guys a pay day similar to the championship pay day and hell even throw in a temporary belt to please every one.[/quote']

That's BS how about Brock man up an fight sick then, i don't blame Carwin he has everything to lose by fighting someone else.

how is it b.s? over 1,000 people in the us alone have died from h1n1 in this latest outbreak?? carwin is scared to fight a contender but no the champ? that makes zero sense. i already explained how it would work to his benefit of getting 2 championship paydays and in no way would he or cain loose out on that deal. you sir are probally one of the many anti brock lesnar fans out there that hate him for one of the many rediculous reason out there, which is probally the reason for your extremely well worded and thought out rebuttle to my previous statement. if he has the doubt or any one else has the doubt that he will fail against a contender then why is he fighting for the title? because he is a big guy? no, he is fighting for it because he is a tremendous fighter and has all the skill in the world to back it up. so whats to loose, fight cain and fight brock. either way if he beats brock he is fighting cain anyways. and i think no one is going to complain about a carwin vs cain fight to headline the event, and it will stop all the people complaining they want a refund.

how is it b.s? over 1' date='000 people in the us alone have died from h1n1 in this latest outbreak?? carwin is scared to fight a contender but no the champ? that makes zero sense. i already explained how it would work to his benefit of getting 2 championship paydays and in no way would he or cain loose out on that deal. you sir are probally one of the many anti brock lesnar fans out there that hate him for one of the many rediculous reason out there, which is probally the reason for your extremely well worded and thought out rebuttle to my previous statement. if he has the doubt or any one else has the doubt that he will fail against a contender then why is he fighting for the title? because he is a big guy? no, he is fighting for it because he is a tremendous fighter and has all the skill in the world to back it up. so whats to loose, fight cain and fight brock. either way if he beats brock he is fighting cain anyways. and i think no one is going to complain about a carwin vs cain fight to headline the event, and it will stop all the people complaining they want a refund.[/quote']

Not at all I like Brock I want him to dominate all opponents so that Dana will give Fedor whatever it takes to see Brock beat his ****. If it was Cain Shane fights then cool but anyone else is to much of a risk. But I've yet to hear Silva say that fight was offered, if so then it would be a big payday if not i doubt it. What makes you think Carwin was against fighting Cain at 106 or if it was even an option?

Archived