Who wants Shogun vs. Thiago Silva?

anakonda1406051081

Ok, maybe Shogun did better against Lyoto but loss is a loss even if politics was involved. So, why not have this snack before rematch of Sh.. well most likely Shogun against Lyoto? I am a fan of Thiago Silva, and I don't care if he is not the number one in the world, I wil still be a fan. I just want to see him fight. And Thiago was no losses b4 Lyoto match so he should be ranked right at the top still. I think this match would show if Shogun is worth the hype, Silva is a great striker and can take body beating probably better than Lyoto. I have a dream that Thiago will do that cuttin the throat to Shogun.. ..sorry.. :)

Ok' date=' maybe Shogun did better against Lyoto but loss is a loss even if politics was involved. So, why not have this snack before rematch of Sh.. well most likely Shogun against Lyoto? I am a fan of Thiago Silva, and I don't care if he is not the number one in the world, I wil still be a fan. I just want to see him fight. And Thiago was no losses b4 Lyoto match so he should be ranked right at the top still. I think this match would show if Shogun is worth the hype, Silva is a great striker and can take body beating probably better than Lyoto. I have a dream that Thiago will do that cuttin the throat to Shogun.. ..sorry.. :)[/quote']

Good to see the site is going rational again, I'm not feeling rematch . This is solid entertainment ... Thiago "Machete" Silva vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Thiago's stance will make it difficult for Rua to land a high percentage of kicks effectively so Shogun's game-plan will be completely different for this fight . I am there ! .. :)

LOL everyone jumps on the shogun bandwagon..

Shogun vs thiago silva fight is a reallyt good fight , both of them have similar styles.. Actually this fight may be harder for rua than the machida fight.. Just because thiago silva is an aggresive fighter like rua .. I can see shogun winning this fight but thiago silva is not really a good match up for rua style wise...

Shogun vs thiago silva fight is a reallyt good fight ' date=' both of them have similar styles.. Actually this fight may be harder for rua than the machida fight.. Just because thiago silva is an aggresive fighter like rua .. I can see shogun winning this fight but thiago silva is not really a good match up for rua style wise...[/quote']

i hate shogun

Good to see the site is going rational again' date=' I'm not feeling rematch . This is solid entertainment ... Thiago "Machete" Silva vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Thiago's stance will make it difficult for Rua to land a high percentage of kicks effectively so Shogun's game-plan will be completely different for this fight . I am there ! .. :)[/quote']

Leg kicks wouldnt be the gameplan in this lol. The only reason there was so many leg kicks in the Machida fight, was because the gameplan, i believe, was to slow Machida down, so he wasnt so elusive. Due to Machida's karate stance... his lead leg is very far in front, so its very easy to kick. A muay thai stance is more square on, so its harder to hit the leg. I predicted before the fight that Shogun would do that actually. It was the logical thing to do.

However.. Shogun is alot more versatile than ONLY leg kicks lol. This fight would literally be a Muay Thai fight in thew octagon lol. Its a great match up in terms of excitement. Both fighters love to stand and bang, and both fight in that Muay Thai stance. So it will be a huge clash. However, i think it would be Shoguns striking ability that determines the fight. Thiago has power... but nowhere near the speed of Shogun. Shogun combines speed and power perfectly. Shogun also has FAR better kicks. Whether it be to the legs... body.. or head. And can string together combinations very effectively.

IMO, this is a great match up. But it would be a relatively simple fight for Shogun. Shogun is a master at winning these kind of fights lol. Fights expected to be wars... he usually ends up on top... and he usually ends up KOing the opponent. I wouldnt expect any different if he fought Thiago Silva. Would be a GREAT fight to see.

And its VERY possible. If Thiago were to beat Evans... and Shogun were to beat Machida in the rematch, then the fight is most definetly happening. Also... the opposite can be said. If Shogun loses again to Machida in the rematch, and Thiago Silva loses to Evans... then this sets them up perfectly aswell.

Shogun vs thiago silva fight is a reallyt good fight ' date=' both of them have similar styles.. Actually this fight may be harder for rua than the machida fight.. Just because thiago silva is an aggresive fighter like rua .. I can see shogun winning this fight but thiago silva is not really a good match up for rua style wise...[/quote']

Hmmm he is a perfect match up for Rua style wise lol. Have you not seen Rua's fights in Pride lol. Any brawl that Rua is in.. he usually comes out on top. Thiago Silva is tough as nails... and his approach is.. as you said.. aggressive. This plays perfectly into Shoguns hands lol. Honestly, these kind of matches are probebly the best for Shogun. Actually, IMO, Shogun is so well rounded, that he could deal with most kind of match ups. If he faced a wrestler... he would do fine. His fight against Randleman for example. He is very good at grappling aspect aswell. And he is very good against strikers. He is just generally extremely well rounded. However... striking is what he is best at. And a war.. or a brawl... he usually excels at lol, and comes out on top.

Hmmm he is a perfect match up for Rua style wise lol. Have you not seen Rua's fights in Pride lol. Any brawl that Rua is in.. he usually comes out on top. Thiago Silva is tough as nails... and his approach is.. as you said.. aggressive. This plays perfectly into Shoguns hands lol. Honestly' date=' these kind of matches are probebly the best for Shogun. Actually, IMO, Shogun is so well rounded, that he could deal with most kind of match ups. If he faced a wrestler... he would do fine. His fight against Randleman for example. He is very good at grappling aspect aswell. And he is very good against strikers. He is just generally extremely well rounded. However... striking is what he is best at. And a war.. or a brawl... he usually excels at lol, and comes out on top.[/quote']

and we have the first shogun ****

yea true shogun is invincible !! LOL

now machida bandwagon is the past , the shogun bandwagon just started !!!

Leg kicks wouldnt be the gameplan in this lol. The only reason there was so many leg kicks in the Machida fight' date=' was because the gameplan, i believe, was to slow Machida down, so he wasnt so elusive. Due to Machida's karate stance... his lead leg is very far in front, so its very easy to kick. A muay thai stance is more square on, so its harder to hit the leg. I predicted before the fight that Shogun would do that actually. It was the logical thing to do.

However.. Shogun is alot more versatile than ONLY leg kicks lol. This fight would literally be a Muay Thai fight in thew octagon lol. Its a great match up in terms of excitement. Both fighters love to stand and bang, and both fight in that Muay Thai stance. So it will be a huge clash. However, i think it would be Shoguns striking ability that determines the fight. Thiago has power... but nowhere near the speed of Shogun. Shogun combines speed and power perfectly. Shogun also has FAR better kicks. Whether it be to the legs... body.. or head. And can string together combinations very effectively.

IMO, this is a great match up. But it would be a relatively simple fight for Shogun. Shogun is a master at winning these kind of fights lol. Fights expected to be wars... he usually ends up on top... and he usually ends up KOing the opponent. I wouldnt expect any different if he fought Thiago Silva. Would be a GREAT fight to see.

And its VERY possible. If Thiago were to beat Evans... and Shogun were to beat Machida in the rematch, then the fight is most definetly happening. Also... the opposite can be said. If Shogun loses again to Machida in the rematch, and Thiago Silva loses to Evans... then this sets them up perfectly aswell.[/quote']

Very intelligent post, kudos ! ... keepem' coming ! .. :)

and we have the first shogun ****

yea true shogun is invincible !! LOL

now machida bandwagon is the past ' date=' the shogun bandwagon just started !!![/quote']

Lol ok... :S i dont know how my post sounded that way but yeh...i was one of the few on here that said Shogun would win in the fight. And iv been a big fan of Shogun for over 5 years now lol.. seriously. Shogun and Wandy are actually my idols lol... those two are what inspired me to start competing. But yeh... Id rather not get into pointless little arguments with you, obviously any fan of Shogun has just jumped on the bandwagon, because there were so few of them before the Machida fight... according to you anyway. lol.

Lol ok... :S i dont know how my post sounded that way but yeh...i was one of the few on here that said Shogun would win in the fight. And iv been a big fan of Shogun for over 5 years now lol.. seriously. Shogun and Wandy are actually my idols lol... those two are what inspired me to start competing. But yeh... Id rather not get into pointless little arguments with you' date=' obviously any fan of Shogun has just jumped on the bandwagon, because there were so few of them before the Machida fight... according to you anyway. lol.[/quote']

its quite normal after everyfight that people jumop on the bandwagon..

But lets be real , shogun did not dominate machida and if he beat him it was a close fight .. I seen shogun from pride and to be honest the shogun that fought machida will get beat by the shogun in pride...

Shogun is a really good fighter but until he becomes the shogun of pride people should not jump on his bandwagon , he hasnt even beat machida yet , furthermore he hasnt even defended his title belt...

Thiago silva is not joke and to be honest thiago will be a real test from shogun , just because he is a pretty agressive fighter , maybe thats what shogun needs to become more confident.. The shogun i saw against machida was scare to take chances , the shogun that faced machida just wanted a win by decision.. So its too early to be jumping on the shogun bandwagon although everyfight shogun gets better...

But if you are a shogun fan its all good.. I m actually a big wandy fan but lately he has been a little dissapointed

But lets be real ' date=' shogun did not dominate machida and if he beat him it was a close fight .. I seen shogun from pride and to be honest the shogun that fought machida will get beat by the shogun in pride...

Shogun is a really good fighter but until he becomes the shogun of pride people should not jump on his bandwagon , he hasnt even beat machida yet , furthermore he hasnt even defended his title belt...

Thiago silva is not joke and to be honest thiago will be a real test from shogun , just because he is a pretty agressive fighter , maybe thats what shogun needs to become more confident.. The shogun i saw against machida was scare to take chances , the shogun that faced machida just wanted a win by decision.. So its too early to be jumping on the shogun bandwagon although everyfight shogun gets better...

But if you are a shogun fan its all good.. I m actually a big wandy fan but lately he has been a little dissapointed[/quote']

again, good rational post ... glad that I rode out the bandwagon bs, reading the replies is fun again & yes, Thiago will be a real test for Rua ! .. ;)

But lets be real ' date=' shogun did not dominate machida and if he beat him it was a close fight .. I seen shogun from pride and to be honest the shogun that fought machida will get beat by the shogun in pride...

But if you are a shogun fan its all good.. I m actually a big wandy fan but lately he has been a little dissapointed[/quote']

the bandwagon thing isvery obvious, because besides me there were few ppl giving rua a chance on this forum... but besides that why do you and others consider thiago as a challenger? the toughest opponent he has beaten is jardine, thiago as of now has alot to prove... and shogun gave machida the first two loses of his ufc career (rounds) much more than i can say for everyone else

The thing is.. he couldnt really fight like 'Pride' Shogun against Machida. Because 'Pride' Shogun never fought such a complete counter striker like Machida. If he was overly aggresive, he would have just got caught. Seriously, and this is honest from me, i thought he looked better than he has ever looked. His striking was crisp and precise, and most importantly.... his defence was amazing. His hands were always high. I think thats partly due to the fact he was well aware that a counter could hit him at any time. So whenever he threw a strike... his hands were always up. And defending himself.

Its very hard to fight a fighter like Machida. I think alot of people forget how difficult it must be to fight Machida. Shogun had to change the way he usually fights in order to compete with Machida. And in retrospect, i think he succeeded. It also shows how versatile he is... he can fight in many ways, and he proved that. What happened to Rashad when he tried to fight differently than how he usually fights lol? He got KOed.. and BAD lol. Shogun fought ALOT differently than how he would usually fight, and he did very well. Especially considering who he was fighting.

i like him because he is an animal' date=' and possesses chute boxe's super aggressive muay thai style. i peronally love that style.[/quote']

Haha liking your style already lol. Thats exactly what got me started training in Muay Thai. Shogun and Wanderlei Silva.. and to this day, before a fight... i ALWAYS watch or envision there fights.. and what they did. It just gets me so pumped lol. The raw aggression and power they showed, was just unbelievable.

Thiago silva is under rated he got beat by machita so did alot of other people. He was undefeated till that. Think it would be a toe to toe bang was more action then the machita fight.

Look the guy beat an overrated Keith Jardine a highly overrated James Irvin, and a washed up Houston Alexander, he got smacked by his only real top 5 contender, next time how about watching the fights rather then listening to Joe Rogan before the fights hyping up every fighter, that is his job. If i had a list of everybody that beat Keith Jardine and James Irvin well then there would be a ton of people that deserve title fights and top 5 opponents, everyboy please jump off this Thiago Silva bandwagon.

Ok' date=' maybe Shogun did better against Lyoto but loss is a loss even if politics was involved. So, why not have this snack before rematch of Sh.. well most likely Shogun against Lyoto? I am a fan of Thiago Silva, and I don't care if he is not the number one in the world, I wil still be a fan. I just want to see him fight. And Thiago was no losses b4 Lyoto match so he should be ranked right at the top still. I think this match would show if Shogun is worth the hype, Silva is a great striker and can take body beating probably better than Lyoto. I have a dream that Thiago will do that cuttin the throat to Shogun.. ..sorry.. :)[/quote']

I'd say Thiago is too much of a risk before he gets a rematch.

I would not be surprised if Thiago stopped Rua, especially because i doubt Shogun would use the same strategy against Thiago.

Look the guy beat an overrated Keith Jardine a highly overrated James Irvin' date=' and a washed up Houston Alexander, he got smacked by his only real top 5 contender, next time how about watching the fights rather then listening to Joe Rogan before the fights hyping up every fighter, that is his job. If i had a list of everybody that beat Keith Jardine and James Irvin well then there would be a ton of people that deserve title fights and top 5 opponents, everyboy please jump off this Thiago Silva bandwagon.[/quote']

The man is exiting to watch, he is a draw.

and not over rated.

He lost to Machida, so what? Arlovski got beat by Rogers and Fedor, but i would still pay to see him fight. Why? Because he brings it, just like Thiago.

So stop ****ing fighter bashing, hater.

Well Todd Duffe just recorded the UFC fastet KO record, so you just wait and see all the hype he gets before his 107 fight, and if he wins that fight, i wont be suprised to see you saying that he deserves to fight Brock or Carwin or NOG, but you know all about exciting fighter, look at your favorite fighter for example. I am not hating man i think he is good, but lets let him beat at least one more opponent before we say he gets a top 5 opponent

After Thiago absolutly destroys Rashad I would have no problem watching this fight! Good match up for both as we know Shogun does very well against big 205 fighters like Arona and Rampage. But Thiago and his come straight forward style would meen less leg kicks and the Gun having to going back to knees! But as I have stated after thiago destroys Rashad > and he will MT clinch < then it will be a great fight.

After Thiago absolutly destroys Rashad I would have no problem watching this fight! Good match up for both as we know Shogun does very well against big 205 fighters like Arona and Rampage. But Thiago and his come straight forward style would meen less leg kicks and the Gun having to going back to knees! But as I have stated after thiago destroys Rashad > and he will MT clinch < then it will be a great fight.

wtf is this Thiago walks through Rashad? you must be retarded.

That fight is going to be nothing less than a god damn war, and i'd give the edge to Rashad because his past in the HW division.

I think Thiago would get KO'd by Shogun, because Shogun is just nasty against aggressive fighters, he would smash him up with looping punches and heavy kicks before Ground and Pounding him out. But if Thiago Silva beats Rashad Evans he will fight either for the World Title which could be either Machida or Shogun by then or the loser of that fight.

I see Thiago Silva Vs. Shogun Rua in the near future maybe sometime 2010.

FIrst lets Fast Forward to UFC 109 and see the Biggest LHW Title FIght in years.

WAR SHOGUN!!

wtf is this Thiago walks through Rashad? you must be retarded.

That fight is going to be nothing less than a god damn war' date=' and i'd give the edge to Rashad because his past in the HW division.[/quote']

Your joking about the Rashad cause he was a HW right Thiago walks around much bigger than him on a day to day basis. Sure Rashad was a HW on TUF maby thats where you should be posting then. Thiago will over power him and put him on his back where we all know wrestlers are horrid and do that thing he does with him fists against poor Rashads face.

the shogun of pride went in with very little game plan other than seek and destroy...the shogun we saw against machida was methodical and intelligent about his approach..and in my mind was the shogun we saw from the machida fight is not only that but a more dangerous version in my mind of the shogun from pride..because if you add an intelligent gameplan to that athleticism and talent then that is one explosive fighter.. and in my mind would utterly dismantle the likes of a thiago silva just like if not worse than machida did..i think we need as a fighting community to see the rematch to out the debate to rest and then move on to other fights after that

the shogun of pride went in with very little game plan other than seek and destroy...the shogun we saw against machida was methodical and intelligent about his approach..and in my mind was the shogun we saw from the machida fight is not only that but a more dangerous version in my mind of the shogun from pride..because if you add an intelligent gameplan to that athleticism and talent then that is one explosive fighter.. and in my mind would utterly dismantle the likes of a thiago silva just like if not worse than machida did..i think we need as a fighting community to see the rematch to out the debate to rest and then move on to other fights after that

Thiago Silva is still one tough SOB

Shogun and Thiago Silva are good friends they use to trian together at Chute Boxe and I doubt that they would fight each other. Before Shogun dismantled Machida Thiago said that he wanted his former teammate to kick lyoto's ****. I don't see that fight happening, but it would be a good fight though

Archived