US vs. Brazil TUF Why/Why not

Xfacehard

I already said this as a pat of another thread. I just want to see what everybody thinks of the idea-- Put a team of american MWs and LHWs, coached by Rashad and Rich Franklin up against a crew of Brazilians coached by Anserson and Lyoto. No s*** talk, because they can't understand each other, and the coaching would be top notch I'm sure.

I already said this as a pat of another thread. I just want to see what everybody thinks of the idea-- Put a team of american MWs and LHWs' date=' coached by Rashad and Rich Franklin up against a crew of Brazilians coached by Anserson and Lyoto. No s*** talk, because they can't understand each other, and the coaching would be top notch I'm sure.[/quote']

Brazil would win!

Brazil would win!

Not going to argue with that at all. I just think it would require the US team to get the top level amateurs. Both teams would be held accountable fr their fighting/coaching skills because the drama would be cut exponentially. What I think real figh tfans would love to see.

Can't say that I agree' date=' look at how the Braziliana on the show have done compared to the American fighters. Granted there have been many more Americans. But anyone remember jiu jitsu monster vinny malghalles vs the "over hyped" ryan bader. I sure do.[/quote']

Yeah I see what you're saying, but I think they may have been limited by language in the past. If minimal English was required, do you think there may be a bigger pool of fighters? Some lesser known guys?

I do agree that it would be fun to have US vs Brazil. but there are a few problems. one is that lyoto is already gonna fight shogun and anderson is gonna fight Vitor. now once those fights are over if they are both the champ still (and i am rooting for them so i hope so) that would be an interesting show. also it would need to be nate marquardt or dan henderson against Anderson since they are fighting for the title shot, and since rich now fights at 205. and rashad needs to beat thiago silva to get his title shot. now if rashad and nate win that would work since they're team mates already. if all that happens i think DANA WHITE should take notice and make that happen.

I do agree that it would be fun to have US vs Brazil. but there are a few problems. one is that lyoto is already gonna fight shogun and anderson is gonna fight Vitor. now once those fights are over if they are both the champ still (and i am rooting for them so i hope so) that would be an interesting show. also it would need to be nate marquardt or dan henderson against Anderson since they are fighting for the title shot' date=' and since rich now fights at 205. and rashad needs to beat thiago silva to get his title shot. now if rashad and nate win that would work since they're team mates already. if all that happens i think DANA WHITE should take notice and make that happen.[/quote']

Good point. I was just going on who I thought would make good, mature coaches.

if all the Brazilians speak english. If they dont I really dont see this ever happening because of ratings and it would be hard to do smack talking and it seems that what is tuf all about now.

I know. Sad isn't it? The A whipping should get the ratings. That's what I want to see.

I like the idea. I thought of this too.

Personally I think you should get Royce Gracie as one of the coaches for team Brazil. And guest big Nog or Silva. Think about it' date=' the original ultimate fighter Royce coaches. I think that would be huge. Uh oh, Dana is gonna steal this.[/quote']

Oooh. That is a cool idea. He probably will steal it. Haha

Can't say that I agree' date=' look at how the Braziliana on the show have done compared to the American fighters. Granted there have been many more Americans. But anyone remember jiu jitsu monster vinny malghalles vs the "over hyped" ryan bader. I sure do.[/quote']

o yeah bader punched him like once and he flopped like a fish outta water onto the mat.

but yeah i think brazil would destroy US.

It must be admitted that sh*t talk is what tunes most of the viewers in and if they can't understand eachother' date=' well, this show will never happen. sorry.[/quote']

Yes unfortunatley the drama is why most fans tune in. REAL fight fans would be okay with seeing more fighting.

Archived