Scott Junk vs Matt Mitrione

Chinner

Why is dana standing up and clapping? Seriously? After thirty seconds these guys look like two people with polio fighting.

The last two minutes of the first round and after was pathetic. The best part of the episode was when Rampage ripped through the door at the very end.

so bad. they were out of breathe mad fast lol. i also didn't get why dana white was standing and why the commerical was saying DONT MISS THE MOST EXPLOSIVE FIGHT OF THE SEASON.

marcus jones will do work.

i hope.

This whole fight was pathetic. They are both two very very slow people. Bad Cardio...I wish they both lost...unfortunately that cant happen. I havent really seen anyone give 100 % effort yet. The heavyweights are a drag IMO. None of these guys could compete with the likes of Lesnar, Carwin, Velasquez and Nog...Im sorry i just dont really see it. The sad part is some of these TUF guys played in the NFL and their cardio is lacking...I just dont get it.

Why is dana standing up and clapping? Seriously? After thirty seconds these guys look like two people with polio fighting.

LMAO....This is season is a F'ing joke. My girl was yelling "Come on *******, don't quit!"....wow, i know it's really bad. She is a yoga instructor and thinks she could win this season based on her cardio.

so bad. they were out of breathe mad fast lol. i also didn't get why dana white was standing and why the commerical was saying DONT MISS THE MOST EXPLOSIVE FIGHT OF THE SEASON.

marcus jones will do work.

i hope.

if junk vs matt was the most explosive fight of the season, then the next fight with marcus must be horrible

Embarrasing to watch. Really, painful. I am not trying to sound like a punk, but I honestly think I could of beat either of those guys. I mean whats up with Junk, holding up his guard, literally walking into punches, like he was just asking to get hit. Cardio sucks big time. They look impressive hitting bags, but when it comes to the real deal, they left MUCH to be desired. Horrible technique, boring fight. The most entertaining part was watching rampage rip the door

Embarrasing to watch. Really' date=' painful. I am not trying to sound like a punk, but I honestly think I could of beat either of those guys. I mean whats up with Junk, holding up his guard, literally walking into punches, like he was just asking to get hit. Cardio sucks big time. They look impressive hitting bags, but when it comes to the real deal, they left MUCH to be desired. Horrible technique, boring fight. The most entertaining part was watching rampage rip the door[/quote']

dude im with you I think i could beat the piss out of both those guys as well and they are at least 50 lbs heavier than me.

well said. This is why we should NEVER trust Dana's opinion on a fight. What is he thinking? This was one of the worst fights of the season. The first 2 minutes was good and the rest came out of the back end of my dog.

It is obvious that Team Rashad will remain undefeated throughout the first round. We already know that Jones' cardio is lacking. Wessel has had a previous UFC fight. He was picked next to last. And again picked last to fight. Well, surprise TUF fans. Wessel is about to shock everyone. After all the BS going on with Rampage, it is very apparent that Wessel will beat Jones. His size isn't going to be a factor. I foresee some ground and pound compliments of The Juggernaut.

This fight was an absolute JOKE! Almost all of them have been. Very poor season. These coaches need to improve their cardio badly!

Like someone else said... I don't see any of these guys competing anywhere near the top HWTs in the UFC.

I completely agree, everyone on this show would get dominated in the HW division, but imho i thank that if kimbo could or would drop to 205 LHW class, he could improve. There are more stand up fighers, and yes he would lose, but I think he could do some damage in the LHW division, even demico, and brenden also I think should do the same thing!

I think Kimbo's lack of ground game would be more exposed with faster/lighter fighters.

I completely agree' date=' everyone on this show would get dominated in the HW division, but imho i thank that if kimbo could or would drop to 205 LHW class, he could improve. There are more stand up fighers, and yes he would lose, but I think he could do some damage in the LHW division, even demico, and brenden also I think should do the same thing![/quote']

I can understand all the trash that gets thrown around--all part of the hype but what i just cannot get my head around is how these guys KNOW they are going to compete for some serious paycheck...and are supposed to be professional athletes ....and then come in like nickel and dime bar room brawlers fighting for beers and braggin rights....pathetic.

Terrible season...

And is it only me....but I am getting sick of Dana tryin to sell me a sows ear and calling it a silk purse...he is like a carny driving in the crowds....

PS Rampage ain;t the best coach but Rashad needs to be abit more respectful...

What the hell are these guys doing this season, they throw 6 punches and a leg kick and they stand there like they ran a ****ing marathon. I would like to see any of them go against a top level Ju-Jitsu fighter in the heavyweight division on the ground for 1 minute and see if they are not dieing for breath. Sure fighting is easier said than done but come on this is for a contract in the UFC none of these guys have heart at all. I hope the next fight is a bit more entertaining, cheering for Big Baby but I better not get my hopes up.

P.S. Why does Dana always overreact when the fights aren't even that good, example Griffin vs Bonnor. It's his favorite fight and it is a good one but yet I bet we can all agree there has been better. Biggest fight of the season my ****.

This whole fight was pathetic. They are both two very very slow people. Bad Cardio...I wish they both lost...unfortunately that cant happen. I havent really seen anyone give 100 % effort yet. The heavyweights are a drag IMO. None of these guys could compete with the likes of Lesnar' date=' Carwin, Velasquez and Nog...Im sorry i just dont really see it. The sad part is some of these TUF guys played in the NFL and their cardio is lacking...I just dont get it.[/quote']

lol that was my prediction both fighters lose by unanimous decision. I dont understand how some of them have decent records, you cant fight anyone worse than who theyre fighting now...I think Schaub is going to win it. Him and McSweeny seem to be the only decent fighters.

they should have stopped the fight after 2 minutes in the first round, told both fighters to take off their gloves, and get the **** out. that was disgusting. matt is easily the largest ***** i have even seen in my entire life. for someone who talks so much ****, he didn't do one good thing. how in the hell did he ever play professional football? now everyone knows why he still isn't playing, he's a *****. matt i hope you see this post. you are the biggest **** waffle i have ever seen in my entire life. that is all.

he ripped through that door like it was paper!

I bet it's cardboard or balsa wood. So they don't hurt themselves. Hardly an impressive feat.

It would have been funny if his foot got stuck and he got hurt twisting his knee.

Then when Page talked ish Rashad could say "STFU you got kneebar'ed by a F'kin door"

Now I don't claim to be a UFC analyst or seasoned veteran of any sort...but that match between junk and matt was one of the slowest, laziest, fattest, most worthless matches I've ever seen. I also don't mean to diss on Dana White, but he was all excited and the only thing that was coming to my mind was, "Hey, why don't you find the 20 biggest slobs who can only throw about 3 punches a piece before they throwup from exhaustion? That would be an awesome season.". The other fighters in this season don't seem as awful but Junk and Matt couldn't last more than 2 minutes in the FIRST ROUND?!?!? How could this even be considered an ultimate fight? I personally would love to challenge either of them and although I'm topping out at about 155 I could probably still run around their punches until one of them passed out from complete laziness. I'm so disappointed in this season and some of its' matches that it makes me wonder what a featherweight season would look like. At least there would be more than 30 seconds of action. However, if there was some sort of hybrid season with all different weights fighting, then I would LOVE to see either Junk or Matt fight a lightweight, featherweight or something extremely low in weight just to see if my eyes are deceiving me or if they really are a sham. For the record, I've never posted on this website and I hate blogging, but I couldn't help from posting about this match. Dana White is the ****in man and he should never endorse such awful action, please try something else, and who the hell knows maybe you might just see me vs. some fat, wasteful heavyweight in an upcoming season!! haha... Also, the best punches that I saw in that episode were Rampage vs. the door. PLEASE MR. WHITE SAVE US FROM THIS TRAVESTY!!!!

this season has been lacking... in everything. there arent any real technical guys as far as bjj or striking. sadly the one exciting guy we had to watch got laid on by a fat guy in episode one of this season. atleast we can all agree that kimbo would have gave it all in the octagon. if he had any ground game at all he would have ran through this season

This first round was ok, it was a slug fest for the most part minus the "feeling out" stage, and the final 30 or so of the round 1. RD 2 was horrible. BUT at least "meathead" was throwing punches. IDK what to say about this season but thank god after next week half the season is over. I can't believe dana said these fights were good fights, cardio is absolutey horrible if I'm Rampage or Rashad i'm working strictly on Cardio for the next set of fights. Especially on the guys that have already fought, everyone has gassed out. Thats one thing that Tito did very well, was condition his guys to go.

scott junk was supposed to be one of team rampage's best fighters considering he's already had experience in the octogan..i didn't predict the fight going the distance to be honest. mitrione's standup is a mess, but he landed some nice shots and put junk on the canvas a couple times..he should have finished when he could have in the first round, but the fool was gassed by that point..big baby needs to get the win against wessel.

horrible fight.

cant believe they hyped it as the most exciting fight this season ( well..... actually it might have been )

I thought they were both playing possum after the first 3 minutes of the first round.

then realized they were just retardedly gassed.

I am 140 and mitrion couldnt have knocked me out in the second round.

sad and pathetic.

Archived