Poor Coaching or Poor Evaluations? Dana to blame?

FiEnD

I dont think Rampage's coaching is to blame for Team Rampage losing so many fights. I think that whats to blame is the poor evaluation Rampage did at the beginning of the season. I mean honestly, how much coaching can a guy do in such little time? This show is in the hands of the fighters. It all depends on how bad these guys really want it, and also the physical shape they are in when the filming starts.

Perhaps Rashad took the evaluations a little more seriously and picked the right guys. But in the end, if there is a lame shut out, who's to blame? Rampage? For being a bad coach? Or Dana? For allowing such a poor level of competition for the show?

IMO the show is taking a step backwards with this season. We have seen great fighters come out of the show in the past. Not all winners either. Can anyone see any of these guys making a impact on the HW division in the UFC? No way!

I wish Dana would have higher standards during casting for the show.

I dont think Rampage's coaching is to blame for Team Rampage losing so many fights. I think that whats to blame is the poor evaluation Rampage did at the beginning of the season. I mean honestly' date=' how much coaching can a guy do in such little time? This show is in the hands of the fighters. It all depends on how bad these guys really want it, and also the physical shape they are in when the filming starts.

Perhaps Rashad took the evaluations a little more seriously and picked the right guys. But in the end, if there is a lame shut out, who's to blame? Rampage? For being a bad coach? Or Dana? For allowing such a poor level of competition for the show?

IMO the show is taking a step backwards with this season. We have seen great fighters come out of the show in the past. Not all winners either. Can anyone see any of these guys making a impact on the HW division in the UFC? No way!

I wish Dana would have higher standards during casting for the show.[/quote']

I think there's hope in Brendan Schaub. He's the only physically fit fighter on the show and though he wouldn't have choked out a higher caliber fighter so easily, it was a pretty slick submission unlike the others.

My suggestion would be that Dana would take fighter from different countries. Brazil *wink wink*. These guys dont always come from best backgrounds and they fight for real. It makes all the difference for them to succeed (not to offend anyone). Now they have overweight guys, of which half of them are simpley disillusional about their abilities. Most them have done more eating and acting tough than actually pulling their 100% to compete on this level.

Im so amazed about the lack of technique. Even in gym I train we have most of the instructors physically and technically in overwhelming condition compared to this guys. I dont say that they could make in UFC, and probably wouldnt. But some of them would kick the living hell out of this guys. As an example, we have black belt brazilian jujitsu guy who is 198cm tall, he weight 128kg (280pounds), and his fat percentage is 8% (he is freeking ripped). On top of that he has 8 years in experience in kickboxing. Well, Lesnar, Carwin, Mir, Noguera, or Velasque would kill him in 30sec, but these guys would start to cry when he enter the octagon. He does not gas out. His marathon time is 3h 30mins.

Every season we had one dominant guy to fear, none of this guys do that. If they would be my weight class I could give them a round or two in sparring, thats pathetic, cos Im not a class fighter. Still, I think 18 years of jujitsu would be too much for most of them

I think the best one is going to be Brendan. He?s the only one with any hope, because he's the only one with good cardio. The only people to show any cardio are Jon Madsen, Roy Nelson (and that is because most of the round was spent laying on Kimbo. No offense. It was a smart strategy, I?m just saying we don't even know how much cardio he does have) possibly Darrill, Brendan and Justin Wren. And other than Roy for the first few minutes of the fight, and Brendan the fights were so one sided or short that you can't even judge their cardio accurately.

I think the biggest problem with team rampage is cardio. This happened before when he was on the show against Forrest with Jeremy May. He was a ****** bag, but he wasn't a bad fighter and he was winning for a bit against matt brown. But once his cardio went down he was out. Same here. Scott junk and Wes shivers could have won their fights if they had cardio. Team Rashad doesn't have the best cardio either but its a little better than rampage's team. i really think the best three in the house could be Roy cause of his experience and Brendan and Justin cause they seem to have really good, or at least decent cardio. And that is more than could be said about the rest of the fighters.

This season was so hyped with Kimbo, the football players, the return of Wes Sims and Roy nelson. Now the only one showing any promise as a POSSIBLE gate keeper in the heavyweight division is Roy nelson. And now with Rashad and rampage not fighting each other anymore this season is turning out to be kind of useless. They might as well have had these guys coach themselves. At least then you would know who really wants it enough to train when no one is pushing them.

I dont think Rampage's coaching is to blame for Team Rampage losing so many fights. I think that whats to blame is the poor evaluation Rampage did at the beginning of the season. I mean honestly' date=' how much coaching can a guy do in such little time? This show is in the hands of the fighters. It all depends on how bad these guys really want it, and also the physical shape they are in when the filming starts.

Dana didnt pick Rampage's fighters because of their size. They all had potential, the job of the coach is to see that and find their weaknessess and make them better

A large part of it is coaching.. or lack of... and poor training.

Read my comment in the other thread (which you posted in to direct me here) about Rampages team doing dumb things.. like making this huge heavyweights run 7-8 miles at a time. wtf. very bad idea.

So ya.. it's partially the fighters.. but more the coaching. Poor training. Training that hurts them rather them helps them. Terrible morale. A coach that says he has bad fighters, (ya.. way to instill confidence).

Rampage is a good enough fighter, but he is a terrible coach and terrible trainer, and he's a pretty self centered jerk too (and for the record I've said this long before this season of Tuf ever aired)

well wes schivers, kimbo and wes sims should of won there fights. those 3 guys you cant blame him for picking. jensen was last pick and demico rogers is actually a good fighter he just went up against the best fighter in the house brendan schuab,

A large part of it is coaching.. or lack of... and poor training.

Read my comment in the other thread (which you posted in to direct me here) about Rampages team doing dumb things.. like making this huge heavyweights run 7-8 miles at a time. wtf. very bad idea.

So ya.. it's partially the fighters.. but more the coaching. Poor training. Training that hurts them rather them helps them. Terrible morale. A coach that says he has bad fighters' date=' (ya.. way to instill confidence).

Rampage is a good enough fighter, but he is a terrible coach and terrible trainer, and he's a pretty self centered jerk too (and for the record I've said this long before this season of Tuf ever aired)[/quote']

More the coaching? WRONG with a capital W. If Rashad had the same team as Ramapage the same outcome would have taken place. PERIOD.. all the sweet talking, positive thinking, business school BS that Rashad feeds his fighters is all BS...They had the skills before the show aired.

Morale? You are reading too much from what you see on TV that they left in because its exciting... Rampages team always had his back and in the end not one went with Rashad the paper champ. Doesnt sound like bad morale to me.

These are professional coaches that Rampage has working with a professional fighter Rampage who has been in the big show way before Rashad even popped his first cherry. Who are you to critisize his coaching? You a coach? You fight in the UFC? NO ..what you have is an opinions and opinions are like *&()holes everyone has one..

Archived