seriously

MountAndDo

these guys all have pro bouts, so i assume they've had more training than just on this show. can rampage's coaching be THAT bad? i'm guessing since he just picked the biggest guys & kimbo, it was more his talent assessment and then team rashad got favorable matchups. even tho having greg jackson as one of your coaches is a huge advantage, the show isn't that long, how much more could these guys learn than team rampage?

I really don't think you can blame any coaches on the loss's. I mean its an individual sport, the few days or weeks training they have with the coaches is just extra bonus, either you had it or you didn't. I think unfortunetally, Rampage chose poorly, but I am assuming they didn't have much time properly evaluate. hitting bags and kicking pads is one thing, but as we have seen, its a whole nother ball game when your in the ring. I don't think there has been any winners this season to be honest, its more like shades of losses.

There isn't one guy on here that could be a heavyweight contender' date=' based on what we've seen so far.[/quote']

Now there's an understatement.

Kimbo Slice was a good pick for the show simply due to the obvious hype and publicity that his participation guarantied. Also, Roy Nelson has a history in MMA that is noteworthy, and the pro-football transition to MMA of a few of the fighters is at least a somewhat interesting sub-plot.

That aside, what the hell did some of these guys display in the octagon that made the people in charge of TUF put them on the show?

Why didn't they make these guys fight their way into the house? If they had, maybe we wouldn't be subjected to such incredibly sub-par performances.

For me, every single fight thus far has been a disappointment. The lack of conditioning and apparent "MIXED" martial arts skills displayed by the majority of fighters this season has been painful to watch. The only thing on the show that speaks well of the UFC is the way Rashad and his crew have conducted themselves as coaches (and I'm not even a fan of Rashad Evans).

well rashads a better coach thats just it, he chose guys that have some skill and technique, unlike rampage who just chose the biggest dudes there thinking they have a chance in the octagon.

rashad also has better assitant coaches as well.

i honestly had no respect for rashad until i saw him as a coach.

Archived