listen up rua machida debaters...

jair26

for anyone who has ever seen or been in a fight... we all know shogun won just leave it at that, and let the rematch do the talking... im tired of ppl saying well look at this and percentage that... yes we all did the research we all know how the judges scored the fight with fat wads of cash in there pockets and we all rewinded and replayed at least three times it seems to me that the hardcore machida fans only see what they wanna see which is machida win anything else to them would be blasphemy or they blame rogan n goldie which makes me laugh bcuz if any of us fight fans was listening to them i feel sorry for you as for me i was in a crowded room with a beer in one hand "corona" and my babe in the other with loudest white girls screamin for machida to woop ruas **** but even they thought machidas reign was over b4 th decision was announced anyways i digress... just let the rematch do the talking... to finally put an end to this... thanx!

fave fighters

huerta

hughes

penn

fitch

p.s. im not a rua or machida fan but i do hated when something isnt fair... as far as i go rua has the belt.

for anyone who has ever seen or been in a fight... we all know shogun won just leave it at that' date=' and let the rematch do the talking... im tired of ppl saying well look at this and percentage that... yes we all did the research we all know how the judges scored the fight with fat wads of cash in there pockets and we all rewinded and replayed at least three times it seems to me that the hardcore machida fans only see what they wanna see which is machida win anything else to them would be blasphemy or they blame rogan n goldie which makes me laugh bcuz if any of us fight fans was listening to them i feel sorry for you as for me i was in a crowded room with a beer in one hand "corona" and my babe in the other with loudest white girls screamin for machida to woop ruas **** but even they thought machidas reign was over b4 th decision was announced anyways i digress... just let the rematch do the talking... to finally put an end to this... thanx!

fave fighters

huerta

hughes

penn

fitch

p.s. im not a rua or machida fan but i do hated when something isnt fair... as far as i go rua has the belt.[/quote']

ACTUALLY....contrary to popular belief...LYOTO MACHIDA acdually DOES have the UFC Light Heavyweight Championship Belt of the Ultimate Fighting Championship AKA the UFC

read a book man

Your right! Let the rematch be the deciding factor to end this debate once and for all!! If Rua wants it, he's gotta take it!! Remember what Goldie said, "To be the champion, you have to beat the champion!" Well, Rua didn't beat the guy so he has to take it to the man again!! AFTER ALL, LYOTO MACHIDA IS STILL THE CHAMPION!!

Your right! Let the rematch be the deciding factor to end this debate once and for all!! If Rua wants it' date=' he's gotta take it!! [b']Remember what Goldie said, "To be the champion, you have to beat the champion!"[/b] Well, Rua didn't beat the guy so he has to take it to the man again!! AFTER ALL, LYOTO MACHIDA IS STILL THE CHAMPION!!

this has to be the dumbest thing ive ever read, if you listen to mike then your just as dumb and unknowledgable as he is, seriously, thats the dumbest excuse ive ever heard in my life

this has to be the dumbest thing ive ever read' date=' if you listen to mike then your just as dumb and unknowledgable as he is, seriously, thats the dumbest excuse ive ever heard in my life[/quote']

NOOB ALERT!! How do you become the champ if you don't beat the champ?? Your the dumb a$$!

NOOB ALERT!! How do you become the champ if you don't beat the champ?? Your the dumb a$$!

Ricco Rodriguez became HW champion without beating Josh Barnett. Arlovski won it without beating Mir. Ortiz won the LHW title without beating Frank Shamrock, Evan Tanner won the MW title without beating Bustamante. the list is endless

Ricco Rodriguez became HW champion without beating Josh Barnett. Arlovski won it without beating Mir. Ortiz won the LHW title without beating Frank Shamrock' date=' Evan Tanner won the MW title without beating Bustamante. the list is endless[/quote']

These are technicalities...And this didn't happen in this fight.

These are technicalities...And this didn't happen in this fight.

i know, i'm just pointing out it is entirely possible to become champion without beating the previous champion. Machida is still the champion, people who say Shogun is champion need to remember that the title isn't given via popular vote. i still think the fight was a draw and Machida is therefore the rightful champion.

i know' date=' i'm just pointing out it is entirely possible to become champion without beating the previous champion. Machida is still the champion, people who say Shogun is champion need to remember that the title isn't given via popular vote. i still think the fight was a draw and Machida is therefore the rightful champion.[/quote']

Amen

i still think the fight was a draw and Machida is therefore the rightful champion.

no one should have tha belt if its a draw, means neither deserves it.. pretty sure u will now reply wit something along tha lines of "oh but lyoto had it first so he keeps it"

lameeeeee

no one should have tha belt if its a draw' date=' means neither deserves it.. pretty sure u will now reply wit something along tha lines of "oh but lyoto had it first so he keeps it"

lameeeeee[/quote']

so if neither of them deserve it, who does? There is a reason one is called the Champion and the other is called the Challenger, it's because he is challenging for the title, thus has to put in a better performance in order to become champion. FYI i had bet on Rua to win, and tell me how Machida cheated exactly?

just let the rematch do the talking... to finally put an end to this... thanx!

I'm pretty happy with that. I do encourage fans who are angry on behalf of shogun to shoot the CSAC an email or two though. The UFC has tried and failed to get the reffing and judging situation sorted out, it's time for the fans to crack down on these jokers.

so if neither of them deserve it' date=' who does? There is a reason one is called the Champion and the other is called the Challenger, it's because he is challenging for the title, thus has to put in a better performance in order to become champion. FYI i had bet on Rua to win, and tell me how Machida cheated exactly?[/quote']

neither does if it was a draw, kinda like penn vs uno 2 sorta.. champion did not defend challenger did not win, either way i dont see a draw in this fight just replyin to what u said.. i clearly saw rua winnin it... eh? never said machida cheated if ur talkin bout my display name then.......:rolleyes:

neither does if it was a draw' date=' kinda like penn vs uno 2 sorta.. champion did not defend challenger did not win, either way i dont see a draw in this fight just replyin to what u said.. i clearly saw rua winnin it... eh? never said machida cheated if ur talkin bout my display name then.......:rolleyes:[/quote']

It wasn't a draw. But meh, let the rematch do the talking.

i know man**** but.. did he win? i mean really really win not officially on tha record judge's score etc... he did ?

dont think so.. unless gettin hit on more an defendin few take down attempts = Victory

yeah!! I was suppose to use this as my username. I wasn't sure if the mods would allow me to, though.

neither does if it was a draw' date=' kinda like penn vs uno 2 sorta.. champion did not defend challenger did not win, either way i dont see a draw in this fight just replyin to what u said.. i clearly saw rua winnin it... eh? never said machida cheated if ur talkin bout my display name then.......:rolleyes:[/quote']

It was a close decision, to close for me to give it to either fighter, so i don't envy anyone who picked one fighter over the other. my point is you can't take the title away from Machida unless

1)He loses (debatable i know, but the fact is he didn't officially lose)

2)He Fails a drugs test

3)He goes to another company

4)He can't defend it

I'm not a Machida fan, but i think he still deserves to be champion. Rua has every reason to feel hard done by, But i'm sure he's professional enough to get over it and look foward

he is ^

been no rua blogs or post bout him makin excuse cryin or complainin' date=' i think he lettin his fans do tha talkin !!.. oh that would be me :D[/quote']

I've never been a big Rua fan. But the guy has my respect. A true warrior and a great person.

Dana White, your a "Dumb-****"!. You wouldn't know how to judge a match if your life depended on it! Of course Machita won that fight against Sho-Gun. Sho-Gun did not bring it. He can hit and he can kick, but he just can not BRING IT! A number one contender has to know how to bring it on to beat a Champion. That was a boring fight. Machita was just waiting and nothing came. So why should he have to tire himself out for someone who can't man up and get into a fight. Dana, you are blind and sensless about the ways of fighting. Be an owner and not a commetator and I won't be a sports writer. I know my abilities, know yours... Cenovio Ruiz

My .02 on UFC 104... I was pretty disappointed!!! Not just with the Machida / Rua scoring but a lot of the earlier fights were unimpressive.

I thought the Machida / Rua fight was a great technical fight and I believe Rua fought exactly how he needed to win a decision against Machida. I completely agree with the idea that in order to beat a champion you must be the aggressor. For 5 rounds I watched Rua methodically (technically) walk Machida down and light him up. Every attack mustard by Machida was aggressively countered and Rua continually beat Machida to the punch. So yes he did beat the champion.

I have been watching fights for many years and watched the steady downfall of Boxing due in part to bad decision / judging and when I hear names like Cecil Peoples who use to judge Boxing matches now judging UFC fights it makes me wonder what type of criteria they require for judges.

As for those out there who just have there heads so far up there @$$ that they truly believe Machida won that fight well not much I can say to convince you otherwise; my only advise is grab both ears and pull real hard.

Both Rua and Machida are great fighters and I hope the rematch is scored better. Oh ya, for those who paid for this fight should we expect to get the rematch for free??? Ya Right!!!

for anyone who has ever seen or been in a fight... we all know shogun won just leave it at that' date='[/quote']

wow..... how about this.

"listen up monotheistic religions..... for anyone who has ever been a spiritual person.......... we all know judeism is the one true faith, just leave it at that"

or

"liten up registered voters..... for anyone who has ever been politically active we all know that the democratic party is the only good political party, just leave it at that"

or

"listen up fans of music...... anyone with eardrums knows that gnagster rap is the only real music, just leave it at that"

gimme a break guy.

judging a fight has alot to do with personal opinion. its not like foiling out a polynomial, or calculating relative mass at a set velocity....... its a ****ing miss america pagent with more bloody topless men punching each other.

Can everyone just accept the fact that Machida won. Regardless if you are a Machida or Rua fan, Machida won fair and square, he didnt kick shogun in the balls and then TKO him, he didnt poke him in the eye and then KO him, he didnt break any rules the judges judged the match they saw and now its in the books so admit it, Machida won.

Controversial decisions occur in professional sport ALL the time. Its worse if you're in a team sport, but in MMA the only thing controlling the outcome is YOU alone.

Fight ends by knockout or submission

and Dana keeps telling fighters never leave it in the hands of the judges.

Now delete this thread, its utterly useless.

i know' date=' i'm just pointing out it is entirely possible to become champion without beating the previous champion. Machida is still the champion, [u']people who say Shogun is champion need to remember that the title isn't given via popular vote.[/u] i still think the fight was a draw and Machida is therefore the rightful champion.

Yes it is decided by popular vote but there are only 3 people who have a vote to cast and they all said machida.

But like what was brought up erlier, you can bribe a judge, you can bribe a Jury and yes you can even bribe 3 judges, ESP when you have the money Zuffa has available.

End of story Machida has the belt and I for one would love to see them fight in the parking lot with NO REF, NO JUDGES, NO TIME LIMIT; first one to a KO wins the title.

yeah!! I was suppose to use this as my username. I wasn't sure if the mods would allow me to' date=' though.[/quote']

Manho Shogun outstruck Machida 5 rounds straight, how the hell is that not beating the champ? You are clearly obsessed with Machida because you respond to everything negative written about him on this thread. Shogun clearly got robbed. Why is it that people could find so many pictures of Shogun hitting Machida with a clean shot but can't find not one of Machida on Shogun?

shogun was robbed i watched the fight for the second time today and at a minimum he won rounds 2' date='4,5 and i could make an argument that 1,3 were tied the only round i could give to machida (and im being generous) was round 3.

very bad judging......very bad[/quote']

Alot of people debating over this on this forum board have re-watched the fight about 4-5 times with and without sound, some of who originally thought Shogun won but then changed mind.

Alot of people debating over this on this forum board have re-watched the fight about 4-5 times with and without sound' date=' some of who originally thought Shogun won but then changed mind.[/quote']

so does that mean i was supposed to aswell?

like i said no one can argue shogun won rounds 4 and 5 they arent debateable. round 2 shougun out struck machida 21-7 with shogun landing some heavy kicks to the body, the only debateable rounds are 1 & 3 and even if you give them to machida he stil loses the fight.

Machida could barely move in the last 2 rounds so shogun had to do damage in the first 3 rounds and its hard to imagine that inflicting that much damage on machida would result in losing all the first 3 rounds, while shogun barely came out of the fight with a scratch.

it was the worse decision ive seen in the ufc and the judges obviously dont know how to score fights properly, and bro i fight MMA ive had 8 pro fights and i havent lost, so i think im more credentialed then most on here when it come to judging a fight

BTW im completely unbias in this fight

Im sick of hearing "you have to beat the champ to be the champ". Wtf are you guys talking about seriously, you have to win fights and as a reward to being the best you get a belt doesnt mean if you can't be knocked out you should keep that belt. This stuff really doesnt make sense, sounds like WWE another day on this forum.

The reason why SOME people rewatch the fight and think Machida won after originally thinking Shogun won is because they only look at the fight to try and tell themselves that Machida won rather then watching both sides of the story.

How about this: Rewatch the fight, pretend Shogun is Machida and vica versa then tell me who won the fight, or even better pretend Machida is the fighter you hate the most (say Brock Lesnar for most people) vs their next opponent.

Or if you are one of those people who hate being biased at all, just forget whos name is who and judge both sides of the fight as red vs blue.

so does that mean i was supposed to aswell?

like i said no one can argue shogun won rounds 4 and 5 they arent debateable. round 2 shougun out struck machida 21-7 with shogun landing some heavy kicks to the body' date=' the only debateable rounds are 1 & 3 and even if you give them to machida he stil loses the fight.

Machida could barely move in the last 2 rounds so shogun had to do damage in the first 3 rounds and its hard to imagine that inflicting that much damage on machida would result in losing all the first 3 rounds, while shogun barely came out of the fight with a scratch.

it was the worse decision ive seen in the ufc and the judges obviously dont know how to score fights properly, and bro i fight MMA ive had 8 pro fights and i havent lost, so i think im more credentialed then most on here when it come to judging a fight

BTW im completely unbias in this fight[/quote']

I dont doubt you know how to score a fight, and I agree Shogun won 4 and 5 but if you give the debatable rounds 1 and 3 to Machida then how did all three judges gave rounds 2 and 3 to Machida? Only 1 judge gave round 1 to shogun. How can all three judges get the decision unanimously 'wrong'. Please dont say they were bribed or that it was fixed lol.

and about the "you have to beat the champ to be the champ", well even though in all likelyhood Shogun may have been wrongly and unfairly judged, controversial decisions happen in alot of professional sports all the time, so all that quote really points out is dont leave it to the judges. Lets just say we get the same 3 judges in the rematch, i would hope Shogun goes out there with a killer instinct because he really does have to assume the judging may be unfair.

I dont doubt you know how to score a fight' date=' and I agree Shogun won 4 and 5 but if you give the debatable rounds 1 and 3 to Machida then how did all three judges gave rounds 2 and 3 to Machida? Only 1 judge gave round 1 to shogun. How can all three judges get the decision unanimously 'wrong'. Please dont say they were bribed or that it was fixed lol.

and about the "you have to beat the champ to be the champ", well even though in all likelyhood Shogun may have been wrongly and unfairly judged, controversial decisions happen in alot of professional sports all the time, so all that quote really points out is dont leave it to the judges. Lets just say we get the same 3 judges in the rematch, i would hope Shogun goes out there with a killer instinct because he really does have to assume the judging may be unfair.[/quote']

thats whats amazing, i for the life of me cant see how all 3 judges gave machida round 2 when he was clearly out struck 3 to 1 in that round, that why its one of the worst judged fights ive ever seen in all combat sport

well according to cecil peoples (and perhaps the other 2 judges for that matter) leg kicks dont end a fight, machida's counter punches to the head have more chance of ending the fight. That kinda makes sense, but then you could say why leg kick at all if they dont even score, which is quite stupid. On paper you could definately see a side where Shogun really should win the majority of the rounds due to outstriking, but compare that to the Liddel Jardine fight, where Liddel didnt counter no where near as much as Machida when recieving leg kicks from Jardine. And sure, Shogun was the clear aggresser so that should be a plus in octagon control, but apparently also stuffing takedowns is a plus for grappeling, so one might assume that nullifies the octagon control out a little. I dont know, and im beyond caring anymore.

well according to cecil peoples (and perhaps the other 2 judges for that matter) leg kicks dont end a fight' date=' machida's counter punches to the head have more chance of ending the fight. That kinda makes sense, but then you could say why leg kick at all if they dont even score, which is quite stupid. On paper you could definately see a side where Shogun really should win the majority of the rounds due to outstriking, but compare that to the Liddel Jardine fight, where Liddel didnt counter no where near as much as Machida when recieving leg kicks from Jardine. And sure, Shogun was the clear aggresser so that should be a plus in octagon control, but apparently also stuffing takedowns is a plus for grappeling, so one might assume that nullifies the octagon control out a little. I dont know, and im beyond caring anymore.[/quote']

well if leg kicks dont count for anything then forrest shouldnt have go tthe decision against rampage, total contradicting from cecil as usual.

for anyone who has ever seen or been in a fight... we all know shogun won just leave it at that' date=' and let the rematch do the talking... im tired of ppl saying well look at this and percentage that... yes we all did the research we all know how the judges scored the fight with fat wads of cash in there pockets and we all rewinded and replayed at least three times it seems to me that the hardcore machida fans only see what they wanna see which is machida win anything else to them would be blasphemy or they blame rogan n goldie which makes me laugh bcuz if any of us fight fans was listening to them i feel sorry for you as for me i was in a crowded room with a beer in one hand "corona" and my babe in the other with loudest white girls screamin for machida to woop ruas **** but even they thought machidas reign was over b4 th decision was announced anyways i digress... just let the rematch do the talking... to finally put an end to this... thanx!

fave fighters

huerta

hughes

penn

fitch

p.s. im not a rua or machida fan but i do hated when something isnt fair... as far as i go rua has the belt.[/quote']

That has to be one of the longest run on sentences I have read.

I agree, put it to rest. But Machida won.

That has to be one of the longest run on sentences I have read.

I agree' date=' put it to rest. But Machida won.[/quote']

I know the mods were getting worked, .. & its no party on this side for neutral fans that just want to see competitive matches w/ spectacular finishes .

I would like to think the Dragon/Shogun decision will send a strong message to the fighters & trainers participating in championship fights, "DON'T LEAVE IT TO THE JUDGES" ... so maybe some good will follow .

I would like to thank the mods for cleaning up a good percentage of the mess, it is a family site & kids do want to participate .. but the site was off-limits temporarily in this household . :)

Im sick of hearing "you have to beat the champ to be the champ". Wtf are you guys talking about seriously' date=' you have to win fights and as a reward to being the best you get a belt doesnt mean if you can't be knocked out you should keep that belt. This stuff really doesnt make sense, sounds like WWE another day on this forum.

The reason why SOME people rewatch the fight and think Machida won after originally thinking Shogun won is because they only look at the fight to try and tell themselves that Machida won rather then watching both sides of the story.

How about this: Rewatch the fight, pretend Shogun is Machida and vica versa then tell me who won the fight, or even better pretend Machida is the fighter you hate the most (say Brock Lesnar for most people) vs their next opponent.

Or if you are one of those people who hate being biased at all, just forget whos name is who and judge both sides of the fight as red vs blue.[/quote']

Completly agreed. The best post I have seen on this topic.

Archived