Who thinks Marcus wins next week?

illegalpoke

The worst cardio I've ever seen on TUF - that didn't kill him. A sensitive guy in touch with his (primal) feelings. Flower POWER. And I think I've seen that triangle tattoo somewhere before.

I don't think he'll win. As much as I really want him too. On account of Greg Jackson. Greg freakin' Jackson over heeere. He's just that good... although Mike Wessel was not the first match up choice for Big Baby.

"Hit Me Snitch! Hit Me!!!" Thoughts?

Also: judging from this season's earlier confrontational snippet (quoted in italic above) & tonight's episode I believe Marcus was getting a little payback a la Jon Madsen. He sure knew about Matt's outburst. Shook his head at Meathead too. Anyway, possibly training with the opposing team in that preview. Could Team Rashad have acquired MJ somehow? Or did Rashad say PEACE! lol

I think Rashad is being smart and realises that Marcus is potentially a great fighter, the best on team rampage but maybe can tell his mind isnt as strong as he his physically casue of him being an emotional guy and the waiting game he is being put through is making him frustrated which could show in the cage. Also even if he wins Rashad probably figures being the last fight he will have the least of time out of everyone to recover/ fix up his weaknesses which can then be taken advantage of.

I think Rashad is being smart and realises that Marcus is potentially a great fighter' date=' the best on team rampage but maybe can tell his mind isnt as strong as he his physically casue of him being an emotional guy and the waiting game he is being put through is making him frustrated which could show in the cage. Also even if he wins Rashad probably figures being the last fight he will have the least of time out of everyone to recover/ fix up his weaknesses which can then be taken advantage of.[/quote']

Well said. I think if Marcus has a big down side to him, it's his mental toughness. But you never now. He could turn that weakness off and go crazy once it's time to fight.

I sure as hell hope so. I don't think Rampage's mental state can handle another loss. He will walk out and we won't see him again until his Rashad fight.

Back to Marcus, I do like the guy. He's a very good guy, but I am sorry, ex-football players, regardless of their height, haven't represented very well.

Best of Lucky Big Baby.

I think he'll win... but then again I thought Junk would win...

Marcus looked like he had the worst cardio during the first episode. He looked like he was going to have a heart attack after a warm up. Still, if he manages to do enough in the first couple mins then maybe he can hold out for the win, like matt did. Better yet if he gets the knockout, but I don't think there's been a single one this season...

I hope he wins, cuz otherwise this season is basically a write-off, Rampage freaking out every episode is getting pretty old...

Wouldn't it be funny if he won the whole show. I mean' date=' the only Rampage guy to get a win takes the whole show meaning in the end Rampage's team won. lol[/quote']

Ha! You know, I remember telling my brother before this season began that Marcus Jones was going to win the whole thing from the looks of it. He went off to say something know-it-all like, "the old lion can't touch a young lion" or some jibberish as such and I'm all, "OH so you don't support the Joneses now?", which is our last name, and he goes "Shhhh. Trying to watch Animal Planet here."

Thank you. Thank you. I'm here all night.

Marcus just might pull it off. Wessel's head, that is.

If a rampage guy gets a win I'd be ok seeing it's Marcus. He's one of the few non ****s on team rampage.

But.... I think he'll lose still.

Rampage's team is frankly doing more harm to their fighters then anyone else. He (or more likely tiki) has then running 7-8 miles a day (What kinda of moron makes a heavyweight do long distance running? A they are too big nad heavy and it is bad for their knees, plus it's the wrong kind of cardio for a fight. You don't want endurance cardio ( a long slow release of energy) you want bursts and quick recovery.... Train cardio for a fight to simulate a fight.

Marcus has stated he's been having knee problems because of these runs. So I am guessing his Cardio is still bad (wrong kind) and his mobility is gonna be suffering.

Meanwhile Team Rashad knows all this and has been way better at gameplans etc...

Still.. I'm not gonna 100% call it.. anything can happen in a fight and Marcus is a big powerful dude....

I just hope it's a better fight then most that we've seen on the show.

If a rampage guy gets a win I'd be ok seeing it's Marcus. He's one of the few non ****s on team rampage.

But.... I think he'll lose still.

Rampage's team is frankly doing more harm to their fighters then anyone else. He (or more likely tiki) has then running 7-8 miles a day (What kinda of moron makes a heavyweight do long distance running? A they are too big nad heavy and it is bad for their knees' date=' plus it's the wrong kind of cardio for a fight. You don't want endurance cardio ( a long slow release of energy) you want bursts and quick recovery.... Train cardio for a fight to simulate a fight.

Marcus has stated he's been having knee problems because of these runs. So I am guessing his Cardio is still bad (wrong kind) and his mobility is gonna be suffering.

Meanwhile Team Rashad knows all this and has been way better at gameplans etc...

Still.. I'm not gonna 100% call it.. anything can happen in a fight and Marcus is a big powerful dude....

I just hope it's a better fight then most that we've seen on the show.[/quote']

We all make typos. But if I keep giggling at this, Tony Soprano's bound to show up.

The running on Team Rampage is hard to watch. These ain't no damn track stars. Explosive training is absolutely key as you mentioned Xhojin - cool name btw, I have yet to try it with the X factor but still, pretty tasty! Anyway their cardio pisses me off. The doggie walks, the leappy frogs, I have yet to see a weight mixed in with the cardio on their team.

The sessions remind me of The Junction Boys. Just hard for no reason. But good for a laugh when nothing else is on.

I think Rashad is being smart and realises that Marcus is potentially a great fighter' date=' the best on team rampage but maybe can tell his mind isnt as strong as he his physically casue of him being an emotional guy and the waiting game he is being put through is making him frustrated which could show in the cage. Also even if he wins Rashad probably figures being the last fight he will have the least of time out of everyone to recover/ fix up his weaknesses which can then be taken advantage of.[/quote']

Agree with this.

IF the other 7 fights were any indication, IF Big Baby doesn't end it in RD 1 this fight is probably goin to Rashad's team again. Either way some of Rashad's fighters are going to Rampage's team because of the lopsided and the training, other fighters don't wanna train around fighters they are going to fight. So look for alot of pissed off situations coming up.

who cares , this season is awful. if two fighters cant turn up to at least get through one whole round by season 10 then what hope is there!!! Dana needs to inject something special for the next show.I would like to see the cast made up of fighters from different countries and so we would see which country has the Ultimate Fighter, preferably light weight and middleweight.

I'm surprised by how many people in here think Marcus is going to win. I think we've seen so far on this show more than anything that cardio is huge in MMA, and weak cardio is probably the biggest weakness you can have. If Marcus can't win this thing in the first minute, I think there's a chance he'll tap out to exhaustion.

Marcus better win' date=' at least i hope he does. i think everyone is underestimating his cardio. its not like anyone got to see his whole workout we just seen 15 seconds of him breaking down, and anyone who trains knows it happens when you push yourself. We will see tonight![/quote']

I'll say this...

100% chance his cardio is not up to par to fight even one full round.

75% chance he gases in under a minute

25% chance he gets the knockout early

25% chance he taps out to exhaustion

Archived