A UFC Voting System

tuf1_

After watching a recent video of Hendo talking about his falling out with the UFC and the MW title shot a couple things come to mind. Why doesn't the UFC have a voting system for the fans to decide the title contender. I've had very few problems with the matchmaking but Dana clearly made the decision based on business but it seems unanimous that everyone thought Hendo deserved the shot before Belfort. If Dana gave Belfort the first shot thinking it was what the fans wanted rather than doing what's right why wouldn't he just open it up to voting. The UFC could pick the contenders to vote for to keep somebody like Kimbo from getting a shot after his first fight but it just makes more sense to me.

Well for starters Belfort definately does not deserve the shot, hes only just made his UFC comeback and beating Rich Franklin should not equal a title shot. I would still love to see that fight though as it will be a great fight and test for Anderson. I think Marquardt deserves the shot slightly more than Hendo even though Hendo is well deserving too. I see both Marquardt and Hendo hungry as hell and definately wont disappoint second time round. Marquardt shouldnt have to prove himself anymore, and Hendo is already a legend in MMA. Im sticking with Nate on this one because hes more well rounded than Hendo (not taking anything away from Hendo <3)

I couldn't vote because I feel all three deserve the title shot. If anything, there should be an order of who goes in first. Basing only on the fact that Anderson already won against Nate and Dan. In my opinion, it should go Vitor then Nate then Dan. I know what some of you maybe thinking Vitor just came back but he was a UFC champion at one time which is something the other two were not and he did have an impressive win over Franklin. Nate should go second because he fought Anderson before Dan did, so that is based on order of rotation. Any of these three fights will be exciting. So there real question in my mind is, which one of these three have the best shot at becoming the champion?

If Dan and The Ufc cant get anything worked out soon Nate The Great (as he calls Himself) and Belfort should fight for the number one contender spot.Vitor doesn't deserve a title shot this soon IMO even if he beats Nate, but who else would he fight theres no one else in the middleweight division that I think could beat Belfort.

All are good arguments as to who should fight next. I still think that Hendo should fight Nate and the winner gets Silva. I think that Belfort should cut weight and fight one more time, especially at 185, not 195, before a title shot with Silva. And let's not forget about Patrick Cote, even though he is still recovering from a bad injury. He is the only one who really gave Silva some trouble, in every round before his leg went out. But Dana is the big man on campus, and his final word is the one that counts. I like the whole voting system and open it up to the fans!!!! That would be nice!

Great point about Nate's last few fights. As I said, Belfort should drop to 185 and get at least 1 more fight before a title shot. Let these 3 guys (Belfort, Hendo, and Nate) fight it out while Silva either takes his time to heal completely, or even fight 1 more time at 205 just to keep him fighting. If he loses at 205, who cares, he still owns the 185 division!!!

I couldn't vote because I feel all three deserve the title shot. If anything' date=' there should be an order of who goes in first. Basing only on the fact that Anderson already won against Nate and Dan. In my opinion, it should go Vitor then Nate then Dan. I know what some of you maybe thinking Vitor just came back but he was a UFC champion at one time which is something the other two were not and he did have an impressive win over Franklin. Nate should go second because he fought Anderson before Dan did, so that is based on order of rotation. Any of these three fights will be exciting. So there real question in my mind is, which one of these three have the best shot at becoming the champion?[/quote']

I truly believe that outta all three of em, Vitor has the best chance for the win.

And I like the way you broke it down as to who should go first.

Although, in another thread there is an interview with Vitor and he says that even he thinks that Nate is more deserving of a title shot. Vitor is humble and patient, unlike Nate and Dan.

All are good arguments as to who should fight next. I still think that Hendo should fight Nate and the winner gets Silva. I think that Belfort should cut weight and fight one more time' date=' especially at 185, not 195, before a title shot with Silva. And let's not forget about Patrick Cote, even though he is still recovering from a bad injury. He is the only one who really gave Silva some trouble, in every round before his leg went out. But Dana is the big man on campus, and his final word is the one that counts. I like the whole voting system and open it up to the fans!!!! That would be nice![/quote']

Thank you for mentioning Patrick Cote, although he might not be the choice of most of the fans for a rematch, it wasn't Silva that finished that fight. It was TKO due to injury, and I'm sure that The Pedator is itching to get back in there.

While it may not be the most exciting matchup of the 3, I still believe Dan Henderson should have received the next title shot because after 100, Dana said the next contender would be Dan Henderson. I think its BS that Silva throws a hissy fit and all of a sudden he's not the number one contender anymore. I really feel that Dana should have kept his word and that Henderson should get the next shot.

well,belfort only 1 fight so i don't think he deserves a title shot but vitor is the only 1 that a.silva hasn't beaten yet,so that would make it interesting.but hendo and nate deserves a title shot,hendo after a viscious k.o. with bisping and nate after the fast k.o of thiago. hendo is currently over the edge of making a decision either to stay in ufc or not.maybe it would be better if vitor vs nate for the #1 contender.

Archived