Lack of skill on this season of TUF

IOWNYOU

Does anybody else think that the difference in talent between this season of TUF and every other one is painfully apparent? Last nights episode was apparently the best one yet, but after the fight me and my friend looked at each other and said wow this is the best fight? I guess because nobody got choked out in the first round it was an exiting fight! Dana white was probably clapping, acting exiting, trying as hard as possible to act like two flamed out amateur heavyweights throwing punches is really super exiting. This is ******** Dana should seriously not rush another season and wait to accumulate some real talent. If he does decide to rush another season, he should certainly not hype the **** out of it. Just want your opinions on TUF 10 not Machida Shogun ppppllllleeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeee

Its the heavyweights. Sadly in most sports this is the most boring division imho. I myself buy into the hype buildup, but they pay-off is often low. Usually you get one round of action and if it goes beyond that, its all sucking wind, grabbing and holding and laying and praying. I say usually because while its the norm, its not always the case. I don't know if its because its just so hard to get uber cardio with all that mass to support, or if the guys are just often out of shape and relying on their size to win. Maybe more experienced people here can weigh in with their experience.

I will say that I was terribly unimpressed with Junk last eve. I wanted him to win, and thought it would be an easy bout, given he had fought in the UFC before, but he looked actually more green than Snitch!

I myself am very disappointed with this season's show. I was so excited to see it and now....blah blah!! Everyone on the show would get ripped to pieces by any HW in the UFC today. There is not any all around talent at all. Rashad's #1 guy McSweeney was even a bad display for HW's. Hell, even Tim Sylvia would beat the crap out of any one of these guys. Even Wes Sims looked bad with ton's of experience inside the cage!! Geeez.

I dont feel there is a lack of skill on the show just a lack of effort by alot of the fighters. None of them have cardio that alot of UFC heavyweights do. For instance last nights fight Dana White was saying omg this is a good fight...it was a horrible fight. The only exciting part was the first two min where Mitrione was just letting his hands go on Junk. This season has been pretty much staged in my eyes cuz fat boy Roy Nelson would never have beaten Kimbo if you pay attention to how hard he's been training and how much better he's gotten. And if Marcus loses then its definitely a hoax. The only real fight in my eyes was the first one and it was brutal.

There is a lack of athletic ability with most of the guys. Too fat, cardio is weak. Many of those could easily fight in 205 then they might look like fighters. Or then get some muscle to replace that body fat. There are examples of how a fighter should look like in heavyweight such as Cain Velasquez. He has cardio and strenght and he will get more muscle I believe so that he will weight closer to 260

LOOK guys this season blows, that fight last night was not exciting at all Scott Junk was the favorite and more experienced yet he had no cardio whatsoever and he got his **** handed to him by an unmotivated ex NFL player who seemed to have spent most of his time there coming up with excuses not to train than to train. His cardio should have been the best seeing as he is on Rashads team and they train with Greg Jackson one of the best MMA Trainers to date, all of his fighters have excellent cardio so tell me is this really a season for "Heavyweights" plural or just ONE in General, This show should have been called The Ultimate Fighter: Kimbos Big Shot. This is ridiculous I tune in Wednesday to see if one of Rampages guys will pull their heads out of their asses and man up to Rampage and his Coaches and let them know that they aren't doing something right no team on TUF should ever get a clean sweep. To me the UFC is trying so hard to make things interesting they are missing out on the big picture, TALENT if you don't have that then you start loosing fans. Its not just this show that’s doing damage its everything culminating as one big F-up Refs early stoppages, bad calls by the judges and DANA basing this TV show on Rivalries yeah Coaches who hate each other make for good Drama but this isn't a soap opera its The ULTIMATE FIGHTER when you start to focus more on the drama between coaches and the drunk idiots that they provide alcohol to then you loose focus on what the show is really about. Some things in the UFC need to change or I feel that they are going to start loosing fans to other promotions Like "I hate to say it but" Strikeforce. Sorry to make this so long but this is making me angry and I have to voice my opinion, and just maybe someone of importance might here me.

Does anybody else think that the difference in talent between this season of TUF and every other one is painfully apparent? Last nights episode was apparently the best one yet' date=' but after the fight me and my friend looked at each other and said wow this is the best fight? I guess because nobody got choked out in the first round it was an exiting fight! Dana white was probably clapping, acting exiting, trying as hard as possible to act like two flamed out amateur heavyweights throwing punches is really super exiting. This is ******** Dana should seriously not rush another season and wait to accumulate some real talent. If he does decide to rush another season, he should certainly not hype the **** out of it. Just want your opinions on TUF 10 not Machida Shogun ppppllllleeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeee[/quote']

i think the nfl players are actually the best fighters in the house NFLers brendan schuab, marcus, matt mitrione even wes schivers, other good fighters too, demico rogers, roy,kimbo this house might have the most talent since season one. this is real talent time will tell

I dont feel there is a lack of skill on the show just a lack of effort by alot of the fighters. None of them have cardio that alot of UFC heavyweights do. For instance last nights fight Dana White was saying omg this is a good fight...it was a horrible fight. The only exciting part was the first two min where Mitrione was just letting his hands go on Junk. This season has been pretty much staged in my eyes cuz fat boy Roy Nelson would never have beaten Kimbo if you pay attention to how hard he's been training and how much better he's gotten. And if Marcus loses then its definitely a hoax. The only real fight in my eyes was the first one and it was brutal.

your saying kimbo took a dive. lol stfu dude with that b.s. lol

I think it's pretty interesting. Going into this season I thought we'll see if Kimbo can hang with some actual mma heavyweights. And at this point is the season I see myself praying that Kimbo is allowed to get back in because to me he looks like he was the most actual talent in the entire house. If he continues to develop some defense on the ground I think he'd easily be the most viable heavyweight in that house that I've seen so far. Roy beat him, but did anyone feel like Roy Nelson was alot better than Kimbo after that fight? I didnt, I thought it really just came down to a lack of experience on the ground and that's something that can be learned over time. Roy Nelson was boring and embarrassing and I've said that after every single fight this season. Kimbo was interesting to me because you could see how much better he looked since he got knocked out by Seth Petruzelli. I dont know about you guys but I find myself begging every episode Kimbo will get back in somehow.

I was super excited to see Kimbo fight and after his poor performance I thought the show couldn't go any more down hill from there. However, once again I was wrong. I am still and always will be an MMA fan but these guys on TUF 10 are discusting, I mean something screwed up on their application for this show cause I think they were going for the Bigest Loser show, if anybody watches that crap. There are few exceptions though. Well sadly to say I will still finish watching this season, but some has to remind Dana, UFC is suppose to be about Elite MMA fighters, not these scared and overweight DUMMIES.

Maybe that is it, Dana got a bunch of retards to make Kimbo still look good just in case if he would loose, which we all know he already did. Great strategy Dana.

This is all due to the fighters being in the HW division. Very few on this years show are actually lean, but large guys. Most are tubby with little to no stamina, which has made most of the fights (that haven't finished with sub or ko) very slow and boring. Watching Shivers walk around the cage in mid-fight against McSweeney with his hands on his hips gasping for air was disappointing. The fighters' skill or endurance levels don't seem to even come close to previous seasons. But that really just comes down to green fighters that haven't trained enough in cardio, and we can all understand that, but then don't hype the show in ads like it's the best thing since season 1. I think I would be less disappointed in the show if they didn't over-promote it every week.

This is all due to the fighters being in the HW division. Very few on this years show are actually lean' date=' but large guys. Most are tubby with little to no stamina, which has made most of the fights (that haven't finished with sub or ko) very slow and boring. Watching Shivers walk around the cage in mid-fight against McSweeney with his hands on his hips gasping for air was disappointing. The fighters' skill or endurance levels don't seem to even come close to previous seasons. But that really just comes down to green fighters that haven't trained enough in cardio, and we can all understand that, but then don't hype the show in ads like it's the best thing since season 1. I think I would be less disappointed in the show if they didn't over-promote it every week.[/quote']

on aftermath assistant coach said wes schivers ran 5-7 miles before his fight and that contributed to wes gettin burned out so fast. watch if he fights on the finale i bet he will be better

This is all due to the fighters being in the HW division. Very few on this years show are actually lean' date=' but large guys. Most are tubby with little to no stamina, which has made most of the fights (that haven't finished with sub or ko) very slow and boring. Watching Shivers walk around the cage in mid-fight against McSweeney with his hands on his hips gasping for air was disappointing. The fighters' skill or endurance levels don't seem to even come close to previous seasons. But that really just comes down to green fighters that haven't trained enough in cardio, and we can all understand that, but then don't hype the show in ads like it's the best thing since season 1. I think I would be less disappointed in the show if they didn't over-promote it every week.[/quote']

You know even though he was gassing he totally should have won that fight, McSweeny didn't do anything to put Shivers in danger and Shivers took everything McSweeny did have and brushed if off like it was nothing then when shivers did gas McSweeny didn't press the action i thought one of the things judges look at when scoring a match is aggression and octogon control McSweeny didn't show any of that.

i could not agree more

Most of them are joke "when Im fighting, you will know what it means to fight from heart" or somebullcrap like the last Im-supposedly-an-top-athele-and-fighter guy said. It simply says it all for this season: alot of talk and little to show.

This guy was fighter?? Yeah, the first 10 sec untill get got dominated. Lucky for him the ex-nfl star also gassed. Whatta heck, they are fat guys that lack, technique, cardio.

This is so ridiculous. Kimbo is good guy and I like him. But he is far from standards required. For him to make ok reveals the level. Even guys from my home gym, would easily destroy him with that crappling. All it takes is big, strong BBJ HW who has stand-up and cardio. There is world full of those. Maybe, Dana should look outside USA...

Kimbo will do better in 1-2 years.

Rest of the guys lack talent and size. Even if they would have the ability and cardio, they lack the size. I think Carwin/Lesnas types of guys will dominate the HW in UFC. Pretty shame, I like them both but Id rather see skilled and buildup guy with technique to dominate.

Most of them are joke "when Im fighting' date=' you will know what it means to fight from heart" or somebullcrap like the last Im-supposedly-an-top-athele-and-fighter guy said. It simply says it all for this season: alot of talk and little to show.

This guy was fighter?? Yeah, the first 10 sec untill get got dominated. Lucky for him the ex-nfl star also gassed. Whatta heck, they are fat guys that lack, technique, cardio.

This is so ridiculous. Kimbo is good guy and I like him. But he is far from standards required. For him to make ok reveals the level. Even guys from my home gym, would easily destroy him with that crappling. All it takes is big, strong BBJ HW who has stand-up and cardio. There is world full of those. Maybe, Dana should look outside USA...

Kimbo will do better in 1-2 years.

Rest of the guys lack talent and size. Even if they would have the ability and cardio, they lack the size. I think Carwin/Lesnas types of guys will dominate the HW in UFC. Pretty shame, I like them both but Id rather see skilled and buildup guy with technique to dominate.[/quote']

Agreed. I don't see how these guys can be expected to hang with guys like Mir, Lesnar, and now you got Cain Velesques whos recently being noted for his outdoing his training partners in endurance and cardio that are lighter than he is. These guys cant last a matter of 60 seconds without getting gassed.

As far as Kimbo goes. i think he was pretty much set up for failure on this show.

Everyone knew he had no ground experience. and these guys have like 6-8 weeks on a tv show to share training time and work on it.. there was NO way Kimbo could keep up with that. I also agree that if he does stick with the MMA/ground training for years to come he may very well fight a decent chance in getting into the UFC or something like it. BUt it will still take YEARS for him to get trained up to standard. I hope he does it tho. I think theres a lot of potential for him if he does. As for the rest of these guys.... im worried.. i dont think theres a chance these guys can hang.

I actually think this season will be the downfall of TUF, sadly. I think alot of savvy fans are turned off, and new fans are seeing such BS that they will not bother to respect what true MMA is. TUF 10 did a real diservice to the UFC. Its not like the brand is hurting, lol, but one thing that this show does is bring in the random fans, those on the fence about the sport and those who are mma-curious. The best edit in the world can't cover up the poor talent and horrible shape the majority of these guys are in. I would be shocked to see any of them wind up being any type of a contender or serious threat in the HW or even LHW division in the future. Every season past I've at least seen one guy who I thought could hang and perhaps in time do very well, and many have. Some have been busts, but hey, they looked the part and showed some skills. Some showed that they could have the core athletic ability and some base skills as building blocks that will flourish over time. I see a few guys on this season that look like they could be in the UFC, but none that make me think, oh man, that guy is going to make an impact! Tis sad...

Alright, honestly I think the fighters have the skill but lack any cardio to seriously be considered a UFC fighter. They start great and halfway through the first round there arms are by thier waste and mouth wide open.

As for Kimbo Slice.... He would do great as a boxer but as an MMA Fighter he is not good at all. He still has a lot to learn. Also did someone say he took a dive. Are you out of your damn mind. He didnt dive. He just got his **** kicked plain and simple. Took a dive. Estas Loco a dive.....

Some1 mentioned that coaches "dont know what cardio is".

As a pretty decent athlete myself (not to brag bout it), it takes a alot longer than 6-8 weeks to push cardio. Evenmore, these guys are not young (24++). Its more like 6-12 months to get the cardio on the top level.

If the coaches would push the cardio training too high, all the fighters would tire out really fast or even worse they could get "overtraining".

overtraining in wiki: "Overtraining is a physical, behavioral and emotional condition that occurs when the volume and intensity of an individual's exercise exceeds their recovery capacity."

It could produce high fever and inflammation. Ive had it maybe 2-3 times and its extremely countreproductive. Sometimes even hospitalization is required.

I expect a fighter to come to TUF in the greatest shape of their life. Cardio should have been pushed up the roof and amount of fat should have been cut down to able fighter to perform on the top level. Look at Brock or Carwin, thats what I call conditioning, proper food and proper training.

I don't rly know how some of these guys got a chance to be on the show, all I can say is the UFC is in big trouble if it continues down the same line, polluting their divisions (in this case the hw) with such wannabes. Appart from Schaub,Schoonover, Kimbo (+the ground game!) and that Jon guy who smashed Abe in the first fight, I'm left wondering wtf happened, is the UFC actually hoping to get any of those other guys to be real contenders in the hw div? I'll be honest, at least 10 of the guys in the show would drop unconscious without even being hit if they were to fight Nogueira, they would gas out and go into cardiac arrest from punching him..... we all know how much Big Nog can take.

I'm curious how the Big Baby-Wessel fight will go, knowing that Marcus is a beast of a man and Mike has the experience and I strongly believe the better cardio. Hope this season will deliver the right kinda guy in the end, with the proper physical and mental capacity ('cause don't tell me Mitrione isn't a ****** and a marble-less one at that) to make an interesting addition to the division. Cheers...............................

Someone said in here earlier that is takes 6 - 12 months to get your cardio right for 3, 5 minute rounds. **** even 1, 5 min round is not the same as running a bunch of miles. I cannot imagine the amount of endurance it would take to fight...I mean really fight with a another large man for 5 minutes straight. If your telling me that is easy and just anybody can do it your out of your mind. As far as these guys being undersized....are kidding me, there is some huge bodies in TUF 10 and if they trained right, for 12 months, they could be some bangers. There is a difference between lifting weights, study disciplines, and learning technique and getting your body ready for a fight. I think there is at least 5 guys on this show you will see as regular faces in the UFC over the next 3- 5 years, and a few of these guys aren't going to fight in the HW division a la Rashad, Keith Jardine, **** even Petruzzi fought as a heavyweight on TUF 2, because once they start training like real UFC fighters train they are going to find that the amount of cardio needed to stay up for a whole round is going to cut their weight and body fat so much, they will have to fight at 205, they won't be able to bang with the big boys in the HW division....call me crazy but that's how I see it.

Archived