Let's move on then...

CigarMelon

To my understanding, Couture just signed a new 6 fight contract (or something like that). Where do you see him going...? Sure, he is fighting Vera next, but after that? Is he going to make a run at another belt? Is he going to be a gatekeeper (I hope not and I don't think he would accept that role)? Or, will he be fighting big name guys in the future, like Anderson, Machida, Mir, Tito, Rua, Belfort?

Where do you see Coutures last contract taking him?

To my understanding' date=' Couture just signed a new 6 fight contract (or something like that). Where do you see him going...? Sure, he is fighting Vera next, but after that? Is he going to make a run at another belt? Is he going to be a gatekeeper (I hope not and I don't think he would accept that role)? Or, will he be fighting big name guys in the future, like Anderson, Machida, Mir, Tito, Rua, Belfort?

Where do you see Coutures last contract taking him?[/quote']

I need to research this, it would be bad business to sign Couture before the Vera fight, suppose he gets muay-thai tko'd early in the 1st round vs.Vera ? .. If he did sign, there must be options to withdraw ... :eek: I would really like to see him retire before he goes 16W-16L ....

I need to research this' date=' it would be bad business to sign Couture before the Vera fight, suppose he gets muay-thai tko'd early in the 1st round vs.Vera ? .. If he did sign, there must be options to withdraw ... :eek: I would really like to see him retire before he goes 16W-16L ....[/quote']

dont worry, they will feed him Coleman to avoid 16-16 record.

if vera beats him, hes still good to watch fight.....i dont care if hes a gatekeeper cause his fights r usually fun.

dont worry' date=' they will feed him Coleman to avoid 16-16 record.

if vera beats him, hes still good to watch fight.....i dont care if hes a gatekeeper cause his fights r usually fun.[/quote']

yep, ... I was thinking also that they would feed him a meatball diet & the educated fanbase gets a ride down the pity trail .... I really do not want to be put in a position by the UFC where I am feeling sorry for a multi-millionaire hall of fame living-legend ... Ken Shamrock is a good example of what happens if you hang around too long ... conversely, working 9-5 is the pits too .. :rolleyes:

He did recently sign a multi fight contract recently according to the fight network. Saw it about a month ago maybe. I forget how many fights but I remember thinking holy crap he's not screwing around. I thought it was quite a few, so 5 sounds like about the right number. Either way Randy has made it clear that he's only interested in interesting fights. Everyone needs to remember how competitive he still has been against guys much bigger than him. He'll be the stronger guy against a lot of 205 pounders which should make for some great fights. I don't think we've ever seen Randy in a crappy fight.

History has told us' date=' he is after the belt. He wants to compete against the best. And why not, because he is old. He is in better shape then all those guys on the TUF show. I love the guy and I hope he does well.[/quote']

I want a toilet made of solid gold, but it just isn't in the cards. I like Randy as much as the next guy, but Vitor, Silva, Machida, Rua, Evans, and Rampage would all destroy him.

randy is at the end of his career and is having trouble giving up the sport that he loves most, its understandbale, but we need to understand that he WILL not win another title, he is just too passed his prime, his time has passed by, this contract will bring quite a few losses to his record, but what can we expect from captain america, quiting is not an option for him

Whatever happens' date=' I think we will definetly see Couture V Belfort 3, Couture v Rua, Couture v Coleman, and Couture v Tito with Couture going 2 and 2. Of course, losing to Vitro and Rua.[/quote']

belfort, no

watch the countdown show to the fight with franklin, he trains at extreme couture and couture has become like a mentor to him

randy is at the end of his career and is having trouble giving up the sport that he loves most' date=' its understandbale, but we need to understand that he WILL not win another title, he is just too passed his prime, his time has passed by, this contract will bring quite a few losses to his record, but what can we expect from captain america, quiting is not an option for him[/quote']

Randy Couture is NEVER too old. His time will NEVER pass.

I want a toilet made of solid gold' date=' but it just isn't in the cards. I like Randy as much as the next guy, but Vitor, Silva, Machida, Rua, Evans, and Rampage would all destroy him.[/quote']

That is what they said when he fought Vitor the first time and Randy won. They also said that about him almost every fight he has been in. And whether he wins or not the guy puts on great performances and poses a threat to anyone he goes against.

Archived