penn vs. sanchez

cdon

honestly, I don't think that many people are giving Diego a chance. Yes skill set wise bj blows Diego away. Hes a world champ in BJJ, a mean jab, and slick submissions/ground game. But, Diego has some good tools of his own. He has some pretty good and effective striking, he's got a good chin, and he is relentless, break his hand he'll throw bows break his thats the type of guy he is he wont stop until he's won unless the fight ends. and he also has some alright ground game being a wrestler. not that he could take bj down but still. what do you guys think

honestly' date=' I don't think that many people are giving Diego a chance. Yes skill set wise bj blows Diego away. Hes a world champ in BJJ, a mean jab, and slick submissions/ground game. But, Diego has some good tools of his own. He has some pretty good and effective striking, he's got a good chin, and he is relentless, break his hand he'll throw bows break his thats the type of guy he is he wont stop until he's won unless the fight ends. and he also has some alright ground game being a wrestler. not that he could take bj down but still. what do you guys think[/quote']

I think a lot can be said about this fight, and I look forward to add comments. As for now, I think BJ's drive to fight is FINALLY there after his humiliating loss to GSP. Because of this, I think it will be a while before someone dethrones him. Sorry Diego.

Maybe if AJ cuts more weight to fight him. OOOOOOOOHhhhhhhh, that was low. lol

as much as i want to say diego will win this one on account of bj will get tired. im pretty sure it wont happen. bj will win by a choke in the third round. i know i know sorry. i hate bj and like diego, but i just dont see him winning at all. bj s jab is too relentless. and bj s ground game is the best in light weight by far. how can you beat a guy that has 4 arms. he s like a monkey

Man i dont who to take in this one . I think deigo will probably come out strong again like he di with guida. And try to kncok out bj early. It just might turn into another war and tie for fight of the year?

It's tough man i think Deigo if anyone could do it. I am huge BJ fan from the first time I heard about him and get nervous before each of his fights and wonder if his cardio is good and if he is as hungry and he says he is.155 is really the perfect stop for him though and i dont see Deigo taking him down...and if Deigo was too win it would be in the clinch landing shots. Hope BJ kills him though!!

BJ has always loast when someone pushes the pace against him. Thats how Matt H beat him twice, thats how gps beat him, thats how Jens P beat him all thoes years ago. When Kenny fought BJ his plan was to stay on the outside and use kicks; not once did Kenny try to push BJ. I think if Diego comes out and pushs the pace, uses the clintch and works hard for take downs; BJ will tire and Diego will win via Sub or tko in round 4.

BJ has always loast when someone pushes the pace against him. Thats how Matt H beat him twice' date=' thats how gps beat him, thats how Jens P beat him all thoes years ago. When Kenny fought BJ his plan was to stay on the outside and use kicks; not once did Kenny try to push BJ. I think if Diego comes out and pushs the pace, uses the clintch and works hard for take downs; BJ will tire and Diego will win via Sub or tko in round 4.[/quote']

wow thats bold man!!! Diego sub. Penn? Really you honestly meant that or typo? I dont think so...TKO at the most ina bad stoppage!!! AND I MEAN BAD STOPPAGE!!!If Diego wins at all its in a decision. As for Diego being more aggressive in the earlier rounds I think that is also wrong....BJ vs. Florian I think BJ was looking for a clean knockout and thats why he wasnt as agressive as he usually is in the earlier rounds. I think he will catch Diego and get him on the ground and sub him. More than what i wanted to say, but Pelham got under my skin with sub comment lol.

Man i dont who to take in this one . I think deigo will probably come out strong again like he di with guida. And try to kncok out bj early. It just might turn into another war and tie for fight of the year?

Im semi Bias as BJ is my fav ( diego is second tho so ).

I seen Diego hit Guida WITH EVERYTHING he had... and couldnt finish him. I dont feel Diego really has KNOCKOUT power on his feet.

-

That being said, BJ penn has never been knocked out, or even knocked down.

-

If he tries to stand with BJ... ultimatly he will lose IMO

-

If Bj gets him down... we all know its goodnight.

-

Unless Diego can take him down like GSP did, and avoid submissions for 4 rounds it is very possible, I dont question BJS cardio, but after 20 points, im sure diego would take a decent advantage in Stamina by that point.

this is what i see happening, Diego comes out guns blazin "yes, YESSSS" eats a jab from penn, wobles him, penn pounces, uppercut, Diego has a good chin and trys for a single, but winds up on his back, and Penn then improves posistion and tko's him in mount or gets the choke when sanchez rolls. Penn has never been knocked down or subbed, and with his new conditioning i think he will be in shape for 5 rounds if for some reason it comews to that.

Penn wins this an easy 8 times out of 10.

honestly' date=' I don't think that many people are giving Diego a chance. Yes skill set wise bj blows Diego away. Hes a world champ in BJJ, a mean jab, and slick submissions/ground game. But, Diego has some good tools of his own. He has some pretty good and effective striking, he's got a good chin, and he is relentless, break his hand he'll throw bows break his thats the type of guy he is he wont stop until he's won unless the fight ends. and he also has some alright ground game being a wrestler. not that he could take bj down but still. what do you guys think[/quote']

Did I see this correctly,"bj blows Diego." I think they have forums elsewhere for that kind of talk. HaHaHa.

Penn will win this fight easy! i know i know Sanchea is aggressive so the only chance he has is IF the round goes to round 5 when Penn is tired. i kno wi know, Penn got back into training but if u ask me, i still think Penn would gas better chance then Sanchez.

however, i believe Penn will win. thre is no way penn can lose. Penn is in another class of his own. his stand up is better and do we even hve to discuss his ground game, he is WORLD CLASS!

they have forums for people that think that way soemwhere else so maybe u could go there. funny for the first second but immature..come on man.

Why so serious? Are we not allowed to be funny on this forum?

I agree with the statement that Diego does not have true KO power on his feet. Combined with the fact that BJ has an iron chin equals a long night for the Nightmare. The only possible way I see Diego winning, is by taking BJ down repeatedly, and eking out a decision. The one advantage I see for Diego, is his non-stop motor. If he can wear BJ down through a few rounds, he may be able to outwork him and steal a victory. Everything would have to go perfect for a Sanchez win, which is not a likely scenario. I say BJ by submission (rear-naked choke) in the third round.

I think Diego lost this fight when he refused to train with GSP.

Diegio will remain in the under echelon of fighters that are just about good enough to be champions. He had a chance to train with GSP and the rest of that crew and find out if he had the goods, but he was too "special".

Well BJ Penn is going to show just how ordinary he really is.

Sanchez will not make it out of round 1.

Why so serious? Are we not allowed to be funny on this forum?

I agree with the statement that Diego does not have true KO power on his feet. Combined with the fact that BJ has an iron chin equals a long night for the Nightmare. The only possible way I see Diego winning' date=' is by taking BJ down repeatedly, and eking out a decision. The one advantage I see for Diego, is his non-stop motor. If he can wear BJ down through a few rounds, he may be able to outwork him and steal a victory. Everything would have to go perfect for a Sanchez win, which is not a likely scenario. I say BJ by submission (rear-naked choke) in the third round.[/quote']

No No No I completely agree with you man we should have fun with all the Violence that MMA brings(sarcasticly) MMA is not violent. As i said it was funny for the first second it was funny i laughed in my mind, but just bec how stupid it was lol im still laughing, but as far as the rest Diego could put out a more effort fight and squeek by witha win which i hope doesnt happen for either of them, but thats the only way Diego gets wins.

I ahte BJ more than anyone else but i live in the real world.......BJ's only loss at 155 was in 2002 at the hands of JENS PULVER which he avenged eventually.......

I arrest my case... :)

I just want diego to lose' date=' i cant stand that guy. BJ will out skill him and manage to calm the fury attack of sanchez.[/quote']

its a shame youve never had the pleasure of meeting diego, he is as humble as they come and takes nothing for granted, in the cage he is a beast and a warrior and im glad to be associated with him

In what area will diego beat bj? Diego has alot of heart and energy but bj will own him in the stand up game. Bj's boxing is very good and if diego exchanges with him hes going to get picked apart. Diego will not be able to take bj down. Bj never goes down unless your name is gsp. And once the fight is on the ground bj's bjj makes him the far superior fighter.

The only way bj will lose is if bj beats himself by not training his cardio.

its a shame youve never had the pleasure of meeting diego' date=' he is as humble as they come and takes nothing for granted, in the cage he is a beast and a warrior and im glad to be associated with him[/quote']

humble? did u meet or work with him? i agree in the cage he is a beast and a warrior, actually more of an animal but a beast will do. but last time when i saw him, he won the fight but he kept on talkin trash at the figher after the fight, still talkin trash abut the figher while walking back to the locker room and all. is that a true warrior? a ture martial artist? i dun think so. dun get me wrong, i'm sure he works very hard to get to where he is at but humble? not the first impresstion he gave me...i'm sorry. i just hope BJ wil beat his @$$ and i know he willl....

its a shame youve never had the pleasure of meeting diego' date=' he is as humble as they come and takes nothing for granted, in the cage he is a beast and a warrior and im glad to be associated with him[/quote']

I haven't met him, but in all the interviews (that are not fight hype) I've read of him, he does seem to be a pretty humble guy. He believes in himself, but he doesn't hype himself up talking about himself and he doesn't belittle others or talk down about anyone.

I think a lot of people don't like him because he is so focused and so... zen (for a lack of a batter word) and he doesn't care what anyone thinks about him and he doesn't act like most people act....and that threatens people in our world.

Im semi Bias as BJ is my fav ( diego is second tho so ).

I seen Diego hit Guida WITH EVERYTHING he had... and couldnt finish him. I dont feel Diego really has KNOCKOUT power on his feet.

-

That being said' date=' BJ penn has never been knocked out, or even knocked down.

-

If he tries to stand with BJ... ultimatly he will lose IMO

-

If Bj gets him down... we all know its goodnight.

-

Unless Diego can take him down like GSP did, and avoid submissions for 4 rounds it is very possible, I dont question BJS cardio, but after 20 points, im sure diego would take a decent advantage in Stamina by that point.[/quote']

Please enlighten me on who has ever knocked out Guida, it has one of the best chins in the UFC without doubt..

Penn is gonna wreck diego me thinks. He'll probobly lose faster than kenny as a matter of fact.

Probably not but you can keep throwing out assumptions without any theory behind them >.>

I just want diego to lose' date=' i cant stand that guy. BJ will out skill him and manage to calm the fury attack of sanchez.[/quote']

The "Fury" seems to be controlled so its not like he just runs out "windmilling" it, he has a decent strikinig game and is accurate with his punches.

I must have missed his ground game when GSP beat him down.

Lmao xD

Archived