Steve Masagatti = The worst ref in the UFC.

Jeff83

This guy needs to find a new career. He makes the worst calls in the business. I wish the UFC could choose who controls these fights.

After watching Ben Rothwell vs Cain Velasquez at 104 there is no doubt that this guy is a horrible referee.

That fight should have been stopped in the 1st round. Rothwell was not fighting back at all and showed no improvement in the 2nd round. I couldn't believe that he was amazed the fight was stopped "so" soon. It's BS.

Since UFC 81 (Lesnar/Mir 1) I've watched this guy make some horrible calls. I'm not saying Lesnar should have won that fight either but the blow to the back of the head was not intentional. In fact, it was Mir tucking his chin and moving around that caused it.

To take a point away from someone in a fight, you need to have a legitimate reason. That wasn't a good enough reason and Lesnar would have done some serious damage at the position (that point in the fight, center of the cage and on top).

And to stop a fight it should be for the fighters safety and as you could see at 104 Rothwell was not protecting himself at the end of the 1st round therefore there shouldn't have been a 2nd round.

Just my two cents guy, feel free to bash! hahaha

Steve Masagatti sucks thread.

Ya no **** there's a lot of examples of masegatti's ****ups. Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir 1 was ****ing retarded Mir moved his head in the way of Brock's hammerfists. At least he could have given him a warning. The most recent example I can think of is the first fight on T.U.F. 10 that dude had a gash on his head that went down to his skull and Masegatti didn't even think about looking at it. He lost so much blood I don't know how he was still standing. He is a ****ing ******* and by far the worst ref ever. I agree with Lesnar when he said he would like to punch that stupid moustache off his face. You'll notice he shaved it off shortly after that.

Ya no **** there's a lot of examples of masegatti's ****ups. Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir 1 was ****ing retarded Mir moved his head in the way of Brock's hammerfists. At least he could have given him a warning. The most recent example I can think of is the first fight on T.U.F. 10 that dude had a gash on his head that went down to his skull and Masegatti didn't even think about looking at it. He lost so much blood I don't know how he was still standing. He is a ****ing ******* and by far the worst ref ever. I agree with Lesnar when he said he would like to punch that stupid moustache off his face. You'll notice he shaved it off shortly after that.

he did give him warnings in lesnar mir 1, theres an interview out there where he talks about it. refs have a tough job and everyone always trashing them for making mistakes is getting old.

LOL quick Steve stop the fight before he gets up! Rothwell was standing up. How can you stop a fight while the loser is improving his position?

I've seen alot of stupid stuff from Steve. Quick stoppages, stopping the action to ask a fighter if he's hurt, stopping action to replace mouth piece, fast restarts, issuing warnings for legal attacks.

Archived