Anyone besides me thinks fedor can lose?

UFCbeatdown88

Ive never seen rogers fight but i wikied his career n man this guy is a beast. I personally think fedor will win but does anyone think rogers has a "PUNCHERS" chance?

I dont know James Thompson was making him work for one of his wins. And Thompson isnt a guy you should lose too if you were a top guy.

Fedor will lose one day.........one day being the day he dies prolly!!!

Sure Fedor can lose... he's only human' date=' and everyone gets caught eventually. Will it happen this time? Probably, because it's the first time I'm seeing Fedor fight live and I will probably jinx him. I'll be so pissed if he loses, though.[/quote']

... many competitive challenges out there for Emp, but in my opinion Grim is not one of them .. Rogers vs Arlovski 2 please ?

Ive never seen rogers fight but i wikied his career n man this guy is a beast. I personally think fedor will win but does anyone think rogers has a "PUNCHERS" chance?

Ofcourse he does, Rogers is a tough guy and has a good chin. The difference will be if Fedor can get him on the ground. Fedor is a warrior!

Absolutely he does. The guy is a wrecking machine of 6'5 280. When you see he and Fedor in the center of the cage, you will be blown away at how small Fedor looks in comparison. Best part, this is the story of his career. Emelianenko, is comparatively a very small HW compared to most fighters. By all accounts, his dominating legacy should ensure a victory, but never count out anyone.

Sure Fedor can lose... he's only human' date=' and everyone gets caught eventually. Will it happen this time? Probably, because it's the first time I'm seeing Fedor fight live and I will probably jinx him. I'll be so pissed if he loses, though.[/quote']

As much as I may be hugging, I see Fedor as the Marciano of MMA. He hasn't proven me wrong yet!

It's impossible to jinx a cybernetic terminator. He doesn't play with the same worldy rules the rest of us do.

As much as I may be hugging' date=' I see Fedor as the Marciano of MMA. He hasn't proven me wrong yet!

It's impossible to jinx a cybernetic terminator. He doesn't play with the same worldy rules the rest of us do.[/quote']

haha wasnt surprised to see exodus9mm in this forum lol...he can lose like anyone else tho and i think this could be a good time for it to happen with all the media and doubts on why he didnt join the UFC. These types of things get to people's heads.I hope we get it in Germany would love to see it!!

haha wasnt surprised to see exodus9mm in this forum lol...he can lose like anyone else tho and i think this could be a good time for it to happen with all the media and doubts on why he didnt join the UFC. These types of things get to people's heads.I hope we get it in Germany would love to see it!!

If not, you'll be able to find at least 20 full copies of the event online 4 hours after it's over.

Isohunt.com folks.

Anyone can lose infact he lost already to that Japanese guy. > not good on names and lazy to look it up < And in the majority of serious Pride fans he lost to Arona but was given a poor decsion win. He is still by far the best HW going but did anyone see GSP losing to Serra?

Now saying this and taking out the punchers chance I do not think there is one HW right now that can match his skill. He is the best HW going skill wise and once you go to the Mat its bad news. People think that because he is a small HW he should lose to the bigger new age fighters. But look at his list of wins I see some massive people on that resume. Also look at his brother who trains with him, Alex is far from being a small guy.

Anyone can lose infact he lost already to that Japanese guy. > not good on names and lazy to look it up < And in the majority of serious Pride fans he lost to Arona but was given a poor decsion win. He is still by far the best HW going but did anyone see GSP losing to Serra?

Now saying this and taking out the punchers chance I do not think there is one HW right now that can match his skill. He is the best HW going skill wise and once you go to the Mat its bad news. People think that because he is a small HW he should lose to the bigger new age fighters. But look at his list of wins I see some massive people on that resume. Also look at his brother who trains with him' date=' Alex is far from being a small guy.[/quote']

His one loss was a BS Loss.

But yes there is a puncher's chance for Rogers....thats about the only chance he has when he steps into the cage with the master. WAR FEDOR!

Yes his one loss was total BS but his win over Arona was also BS no??

Sorry for getting off the topic. Did Fedor catch as much flak over his BS win over Arona as Machida has? I doubt it. As far as his one loss it was because of a cut. To be honest I didn't see it but how was it BS? Was the cut not bad or something?

Sorry for getting off the topic. Did Fedor catch as much flak over his BS win over Arona as Machida has? I doubt it. As far as his one loss it was because of a cut. To be honest I didn't see it but how was it BS? Was the cut not bad or something?

it was a tournament & Fedor could not continue, in a standard match Kosaka would have been DQ'd

No the cut was less than 35 secs into the fight and would have been ruled a NC. Due to the fact it was a tourney they needed a fighter to go on so the other guy was awarded the win. Not as many people on the net in chat sites like this when Fedor fought Arona but yes it was a big thing that was debated by anouncers and MMA followers back then so comparitivly yes I would say it was.

... many competitive challenges out there for Emp' date=' but in my opinion Grim is not one of them .. Rogers vs Arlovski 2 please ?[/quote']

Although i think you probably ment to discredit Andrei, i would like to see that tbh.. Wish Arlovski would just take him down and sub him, never a good idea to stand against a slow hard hitter when you've got a not-so-steel chin and a good ground game :(

Anyway... to the OP, yeah Fedor can loose any fight he's in. He just doesn't play into his opponents strenghts, and employs his game plan immensly. It's something i think Dana said in one of the TuF series, something like "if all you got is a big right hand, i can show you a clip where that went wrong"... and i think in all honesty, that's all Rogers has got going for him.

No the cut was less than 35 secs into the fight and would have been ruled a NC. Due to the fact it was a tourney they needed a fighter to go on so the other guy was awarded the win. Not as many people on the net in chat sites like this when Fedor fought Arona but yes it was a big thing that was debated by anouncers and MMA followers back then so comparitivly yes I would say it was.

illegal elbow to the head .. DQ

Although i think you probably ment to discredit Andrei' date=' i would like to see that tbh.. Wish Arlovski would just take him down and sub him, never a good idea to stand against a slow hard hitter when you've got a not-so-steel chin and a good ground game :(

Anyway... to the OP, yeah Fedor [i']can[/i] loose any fight he's in. He just doesn't play into his opponents strenghts, and employs his game plan immensly. It's something i think Dana said in one of the TuF series, something like "if all you got is a big right hand, i can show you a clip where that went wrong"... and i think in all honesty, that's all Rogers has got going for him.

Arlovski is fun to watch, he just messed up .. he pulled straight back w/ hands low,

if not for that we would be watching "Fedor vs Arlovski 2" much sooner ..

Andrei has recently postponed his boxing career & is training for his return to mma ..

tube his bully beatdown for some laughs

Ohh Jade, dont be a jinx you minx........

You didnt jinx Gina in her did you??? Huh??? You did didnt you???

Ofcourse he does' date=' Rogers is a tough guy and has a good chin. The difference will be if Fedor can get him on the ground. Fedor is a warrior![/quote']

Fedor doesnt have too. Rodgers would do that for him. This reminds me of what Fedor did to Goodrigde. Big Daddy went for the kill and Fedor just stepped aside making the big man fall and continuosly beat him into submission.

Yes his one loss was total BS but his win over Arona was also BS no??

No it wasnt. Arona did nothing to follow up on takedowns. He just went for them and Fedor escaped from them and all the sub attempts while Arona was on his back. Fedor landed punches and kept control of the ground game.

Remember that Japan doesnt award points for Takedowns. they never do. Its what you do after the takedown has been initiated. Arona kept getting reversed by Fedor(scoring points). His loss was BS. Kohsaka caught him with an illegal blow(elbow to the face which is barred in Japan). Had Fedor won that fight like he did in their rematch, he would've faced Randy Couture later on in 2001.

Yes but that early in a fight it could go either way. No warnings were given so it might get the DQ or the NC. But I agree it was still a crap loss

Question Beserker do you think he won the Arona fight?

I am a Fedor fan, but a fan of the sport 1st, questionable (UD) & possibly politics did play a part . The Arona fight was almost 10 years ago & Arona was 4-0, Arona was invisible for the last 2 years '07-'09, recently he UD'd Marvin "Beastman" Eastman & Arona also weighs under 200 lbs now .

Ohh Jade' date=' dont be a jinx you minx........

You didnt jinx Gina in her did you??? Huh??? You did didnt you???

Fedor doesnt have too. Rodgers would do that for him. This reminds me of what Fedor did to Goodrigde. Big Daddy went for the kill and Fedor just stepped aside making the big man fall and continuosly beat him into submission.

No it wasnt. Arona did nothing to follow up on takedowns. He just went for them and Fedor escaped from them and all the sub attempts while Arona was on his back. Fedor landed punches and kept control of the ground game.

Remember that Japan doesnt award points for Takedowns. they never do. Its what you do after the takedown has been initiated. Arona kept getting reversed by Fedor(scoring points). His loss was BS. Kohsaka caught him with an illegal blow(elbow to the face which is barred in Japan). Had Fedor won that fight like he did in their rematch, he would've faced Randy Couture later on in 2001.[/quote']

Yes but Arona was also the more crisp striker and though it was not a stand up war he was not all that bad in the top position. I know I felt he lost the fight I was like WTF he is going to lose. I was shocked by the decission and I know many others were. But I also feel he should have been way more dominate over Arona who had a solid game plan then again as they say he won and thats that.

I am a Fedor fan' date=' but a fan of the sport 1st, questionable (UD) & possibly politics did play a part . The Arona fight was almost 10 years ago & Arona was 4-0, Arona was invisible for the last 2 years '07-'09, recently he UD'd Marvin "Beastman" Eastman & Arona also weighs under 200 lbs now .[/quote']

Yea I wish he would come fight in the UFC at 185. But I agree it was questionable and Fedor is a huge name to dethrone.

Again Japan doesnt score takedowns. On 7 occasions in that fight, The takedowns were superseeded by Guillontine chokes that Fedor went for. And he stuffed 4 takedowns and went for gulliontines. The judges saw Fedor going for Sub attempts. Where Arona didnt until the end of the 2nd round where he went for an ankle.

While on the ground Fedor landed body shots too Arona. Japan scores points from the bottom. Arona the whole fight landed 2 shots from the Mount. 3 leg kicks, 2 strikes to the face, 2 failed Kimura's, and a failed ankle lock attempt. And he gassed at the end of round 3.

Japan scores the fight in its entirity. Not by rounds. They dont have the 10 point must system. They judge fights on every aspect of the fight in its entirity. And who's left standing at the end.

Fedor stuffed Arona's takedowns, landing body shots while on his back, and when he was on top landing over a dozen shots to the body of Arona, landed kicks, and strikes to the body. And went for a Hell hook, while on top. Didnt let Arona go for any subs, reversed positions, and went for subs during the fight(7 gulliontine chokes), and at the end of the fight he was left standing where Arona was clearly gassed out.

Fedor landed more strikes, from the bottm, to top, and stand up, stuffed takedowns, went for Submissions, and didnt gas out in the fight where Arona did. Thats the way judges saw it..........

If you wanna see what Im talking about look up Jason High vs Andre Galvao on DREAM 10 and you'll see what I mean on the way the Japanese scoring is like.

At the end the judges gave 1 for Arona, and gave 1 to Fedor, and another judge wasnt swayed by either, so they had a 3rd round where all judges scored the fight all 3 for Fedor.

Its a weird system they have, but it helps cos it takes away from wrestlers that just go for takedowns with no follow up. You cant takedown you opponent and win in Japan. You need to fight or get penalized.

I love the yellow cards in MMA. Keeps fighters from running away from the fights.

Great synopsis of the Fedor/Arona tilt. I'm much more in favour of the Japanese system of judging. It's a much more technical and all-encompassing system, perfectly fit for MMA. One of the biggest things I miss about Pride.

Way to educate people on the difference in scoring. It's something most people newer to the sport have no idea about, and could definitely skew opinions. I would assume a large majority of people assume Pride/Dream scoring is the same as the 10 point must.

Nice post Jesus.

Even as a devout Fedor fan, it's nice to see people who are even more!

Again Japan doesnt score takedowns. On 7 occasions in that fight' date=' The takedowns were superseeded by Guillontine chokes that Fedor went for. And he stuffed 4 takedowns and went for gulliontines. The judges saw Fedor going for Sub attempts. Where Arona didnt until the end of the 2nd round where he went for an ankle.

While on the ground Fedor landed body shots too Arona. Japan scores points from the bottom. Arona the whole fight landed 2 shots from the Mount. 3 leg kicks, 2 strikes to the face, 2 failed Kimura's, and a failed ankle lock attempt. And he gassed at the end of round 3.

Japan scores the fight in its entirity. Not by rounds. They dont have the 10 point must system. They judge fights on every aspect of the fight in its entirity. And who's left standing at the end.

Fedor stuffed Arona's takedowns, landing body shots while on his back, and when he was on top landing over a dozen shots to the body of Arona, landed kicks, and strikes to the body. And went for a Hell hook, while on top. Didnt let Arona go for any subs, reversed positions, and went for subs during the fight(7 gulliontine chokes), and at the end of the fight he was left standing where Arona was clearly gassed out.

Fedor landed more strikes, from the bottm, to top, and stand up, stuffed takedowns, went for Submissions, and didnt gas out in the fight where Arona did. Thats the way judges saw it..........

If you wanna see what Im talking about look up Jason High vs Andre Galvao on DREAM 10 and you'll see what I mean on the way the Japanese scoring is like.[/quote']

nice post, sweet read & factual .. listen up noobs, hit the books & read cave .. they will give you ammo !

At the end the judges gave 1 for Arona' date=' and gave 1 to Fedor, and another judge wasnt swayed by either, so they had a 3rd round where all judges scored the fight all 3 for Fedor.

Its a weird system they have, but it helps cos it takes away from wrestlers that just go for takedowns with no follow up. You cant takedown you opponent and win in Japan. [b']You need to fight or get penalized.[/b]

I love the yellow cards in MMA. Keeps fighters from running away from the fights.

One of the best rules in their format. Needs to be implemented globally. The yellow card system was an amazing tool to prevent sissies like Machida from eeking out 9 decision wins. :)

Yes it would be great to see other places take the Yellow card idea. Thats one of the best ways to stop the counter puncher from back peddling all fight. I agree that its an odd scoring system but it was still close in my eyes. Maby I just figured he should have dominated and got sucked into all the hype after the fight it was a long time ago. Great posts though I wish more poeple could have an open debate with out going for the Just accept it line.

Yes it would be great to see other places take the Yellow card idea. Thats one of the best ways to stop the counter puncher from back peddling all fight. I agree that its an odd scoring system but it was still close in my eyes. Maby I just figured he should have dominated and got sucked into all the hype after the fight it was a long time ago. Great posts though I wish more poeple could have an open debate with out going for the Just accept it line.

Keep in mind too though, that Fedor was just coming into his own when he fought Arona. It's not as if he's always been the beast he became. He learned along the way.

Fedor is a loser. If he wanted to fight real men he would either join the military or join the UFC he choose neither.

Rogers has as much of a punchers chance against Fedor as Carwin does against Brock...the only prob is i have no idea how to measure chances but i feel Fedor is beatable. I would like to see Fedor run through Strikeforce and Brock run through the UFC and for them to meet in a match to the death! well not death but a fight of a lifetime and the biggest fight ever in MMA.

Rogers has as much of a punchers chance against Fedor as Carwin does against Brock...the only prob is i have no idea how to measure chances but i feel Fedor is beatable. I would like to see Fedor run through Strikeforce and Brock run through the UFC and for them to meet in a match to the death! well not death but a fight of a lifetime and the biggest fight ever in MMA.

Overeem guillotined Collosus in 33 seconds last week & immediately called out Fedor for the spring, so that will be the next assignment .. mixem'- Overeem-Rogers-Arlovski etc.

Fedor is a loser. If he wanted to fight real men he would either join the military or join the UFC he choose neither.

Well thats a bold statement since Fedor was in the RED ARMY of Russia. And was a firefighter........

And half the top twelve Heavyweights are currently in Strikeforce.

Fedor, Overeem, Werdum, Silva, Rodgers, with Aleksander & Monson just outside of top Ten.

UFC's

Brock, Nog, Mir, Cain, Carwin, Junior, with Kongo & Gonzaga just outside of the top 12.

Well thats a bold statement since Fedor was in the RED ARMY of Russia. And was a firefighter........

And half the top twelve Heavyweights are currently in Strikeforce.

Fedor' date=' Overeem, Werdum, Silva, Rodgers, with Aleksander & Monson just outside of top Ten.

UFC's

Brock, Nog, Mir, Cain, Carwin, Junior, with Kongo & Gonzaga just outside of the top 12.[/quote']

Dude! Don't feed the troll.

Archived