Worse ufc performance ever???

USMC19

The thales fight was an absolute joke. I dont see how he could get a chance like that and throw the fight away by being a coward. Pure and simple after the first few times he had to know anderson was not going to follow him to the ground. Straight coward and i'm glad he got the boot.

Forrest Griffin when he fought Silva!!...straight up embarassing!!

It's one thing to be outclassed by someone who is miles ahead of you, but still knowing you put your heart and soul into the fight... it's another thing entirely to refuse to fight and fall to your back every time a punch is thrown at you. I don't think Leites would have done that if soccer kicks and stomps were legal, but it's relatively safe for a jitz guy to try that in UFC.

Yes' date=' we all saw Clay lose to Diego Sanchez. He tried to bang with him early but couldnt handle Diego's speed/power. We all also saw him hold on for dear life and steal a victory from Nate Diaz. Yes, his performance's are always garbage and he is just a holding, talentless, long haired freak.[/quote']

i think he shows heart tho. there are definatly worse fighters out there.

any fight with clay guida..period

Youre not a fan huh? How could you say that Clay Guida's fights are terrible on anybody's part? He gives his all' date=' and his opponant does the same. Havent seena boring one yet.

clay guida?? have you seen guida vs sanchez??

That fight is inside my top three for sure.

Na..those overhyped Shamrock-Gracie and Shamrock-Severn 'superfights' that had both men lying on the ground for 30+ minutes and the latter having both men circle each other for 25+ minutes before Severn decided to push the action in the final 2 minutes, then circling each other again for OT.

Kalib Starnes when he fought Nate Quarry or Thales Leites when he fought Anderson Silva? What do you guys think?

Hmm ill let Kalib Starnes off, because didnt he break some knuckles or something? Or he broke something. And he was just to much of a ***** to fight threw it like any other fighter would have done lol. Without a doubt it goes to Thales Leites. To get a title shot, and throw it away like that, was honestly disgraceful. I was in disbelief the whole fight. How he could quite literally just give up in the biggest fight of his life. Being aware of an opponents strength is completely different than being 'scared', and thats exactly what Leites showed, that he was scared of A.Silva. That is not a true fighter!!!!

If by worst performances you mean where someone never lived up to the hype I would say' date=' Gracie in the hughes fight, he had no chance. The last CroCop fight, he looked scared to let anything fly. The last ortiz-shamrock fight. Ken got manhandled.[/quote']

I kind of agree with the Cro Cop statement. After seeing how much he was respected and how dangerous of a kickboxer he was in Pride, to see him go down like that now is almost surreal. It's too bad he's dropped off the face of the Earth the way he did. He was one of my favorites.

I also agree with the people who mentioned the Thales Leites fight. He should have stood up and fought with a punchers chance instead of losing by rolling over like a dog every time Silva tried to engage with him. His tactic was understandable the first couple of times he pulled down, seeing as his strength is on the ground, but after the fourth or fifth time Silva didn't follow him, it was obvious that his attempt was futile. Hopefully the Belfort fight will make up for that circus show.

i know it was a total mismatch but we weren't to know that at the time but Leben against silva - did he actually get a hit in?

Funny that you should mention that fight. I have it on my computer, and I just happened to watch it again. The quick answer is no lol. He almost caught him, but that was right around the time Silva countered with one of his right crosses. It went downhill from there. Really quickly.

I still don't think it was as bad as the Leites fight, though. Even though he didn't know how dangerous Silva was, at least he tried to trade with him. Albeit, it didn't end well at all. That last knee to the forehead still makes me cringe :eek:.

Funny that you should mention that fight. I have it on my computer' date=' and I just happened to watch it again. The quick answer is no lol. He almost caught him, but that was right around the time Silva countered with one of his right crosses. It went downhill from there. Really quickly.

I still don't think it was as bad as the Leites fight, though. Even though he didn't know how dangerous Silva was, at least he tried to trade with him. Albeit, it didn't end well at all. That last knee to the forehead still makes me cringe :eek:.[/quote']

ha ha ha "he ALMOST caught him" its maybe a good job he didn't, might have got Anderson mad!!

Yes' date=' we all saw Clay lose to Diego Sanchez. He tried to bang with him early but couldnt handle Diego's speed/power. We all also saw him hold on for dear life and steal a victory from Nate Diaz. Yes, his performance's are always garbage and he is just a holding, talentless, long haired freak.[/quote']

This is a joke right? Guida responded to some of most devastating striking I've ever seen with enormous heart and aggression. He almost stole the victory from the current number one lightweight contender. If half the fighters fought like Guida the UFC would be twice the organization that it is now. Guida's the last fighter you should be disappointed with.

This is a joke right? Guida responded to some of most devastating striking I've ever seen with enormous heart and aggression. He almost stole the victory from the current number one lightweight contender. If half the fighters fought like Guida the UFC would be twice the organization that it is now. Guida's the last fighter you should be disappointed with.

I agree, guida has been in so many fight of the night candidates, how he got up from sanchez's kick ill never know. HUGE heard and cardio, hes also an excellent wrestler. Whoever he fights knows theyve been in a war cos he will never stop

Archived