What does it mean for randy's legacy if he goes 0-8 to finish his career?

Uwillsubmit

i really dont see an easy fight for him in LHW or HW anymore unless they put him in against a real bad fighter like al turk or hardonk' date=' but what would it do to randys legacy if he finishes his MMA career on an 8 fight losing streak?[/quote']

I highly doubt he will. He showed in his fight with Big Nog that he has plenty of fight left in him. I don't think I'll ever be able to count him out of any fight but I don't think he will do so well against Vera.

I highly doubt he will. He showed in his fight with Big Nog that he has plenty of fight left in him. I don't think I'll ever be able to count him out of any fight but I don't think he will do so well against Vera.

im worried about how much that fight verse nog took out of him, i dont think he will se out his contract to be honest

im worried about how much that fight verse nog took out of him' date=' i dont think he will se out his contract to be honest[/quote']

I honestly don't see him either. I hope he can at least rack up a couple wins before he really does hang up his gloves. Guess we'll see how he does against Vera to see if he'll be legit in the division.

Vera could barely handle a mediocre Krystof Soszynski' date=' why would anyone think he'd beat Randy Couture? Couture will give Vera a lesson in greco-roman and dirty boxing, and TKO the inconsistant Truth.[/quote']

That's true but Vera is still a great fighter. He's quick, got some good muay thai, and has youth on his side. I want Randy to win but for some reason I see Vera walking away with the win.

No matter what is lagacy is set. He held 2 title, plus he held the title(s) more than anyone,

I think 5 or 6 times. Also I think he'll know when to hang it up, he's not Ken Shamrock.

He also has a good acting career(he has a movie where co stars with stallone, jet li, jason Staham coming out) he can turn too when he retires, so he doesn't need

to fight past his time to make a living.

I would hate to see Couture lose this one. I don't care for Vera that much. He doesn't have enough legit fights on his record to go against a legend like Randy. His win against Mir wasn't that impressive considering Mir was coming back from a career ending injury and was completely out of shape. I'm not really looking forward to this fight but am pulling for Couture.

id still prefer that over vera. the headline cotour vs vera just dosnt have any excitement behind it. vera has and never will complete what cotour has done in his career.

thats true, but a lot of fighters cant come close to his legacy. vera is good, he has a speed advantage and a striking advantage that really poses a threat to couture. but after couture beat gonzaga i will never count him out again. i also think this fight is more exciting than if he fought coleman. coleman bores the crap out of me unless its him getting knocked out.

It seems alot of great fighters finish off their careers on a low and I think it will probably happen to Randy too but noone can take away what he has done previously. It's just sad to see fighters go too far and finish careers on a losing streak. Just hope Randy retires with a win.But not against Vera.

Go Vera!!!!

i just thought it might be alright cuz there only a year or two appart in age, same in size, both are hall of famers, both have a very close win/lose fight record and bought have won against sum of the toughest fighters in the world. 1 is a master wrestler and 1 is a master of ground and pound.

It seems alot of great fighters finish off their careers on a low and I think it will probably happen to Randy too but noone can take away what he has done previously. It's just sad to see fighters go too far and finish careers on a losing streak. Just hope Randy retires with a win.But not against Vera.

Go Vera!!!!

agreed.

i just thought it might be alright cuz there only a year or two appart in age' date=' same in size, both are hall of famers, both have a very close win/lose fight record and bought have won against sum of the toughest fighters in the world. 1 is a master wrestler and 1 is a master of ground and pound.[/quote']

good points. colemans the father of ground and pound, and is still very tough. if they did fight i think randy would walk all over him, would be fun to watch though.

Couture would probaly come out on top and if he did it would be the perfect time to retire with a win over a HOF. But Coleman cant be underestimated either. Hes coming off a win from ufc 100 against a younger Stephan Bonnor and also holds wins over Don Fry, Dan Severn, Shogun. But then again couture holds wins over Chuck Liddel, Belfort....the list goes on and on. Both hold losses to Nogeuira..It just depends whos old age catches up with who first i think. This would be a good retiring match for either of them who wanna finish with a good win. Its a win win situation for the both of them this late in their careers.

Vera could barely handle a mediocre Krystof Soszynski' date=' why would anyone think he'd beat Randy Couture? Couture will give Vera a lesson in greco-roman and dirty boxing, and TKO the inconsistant Truth.[/quote']

God I hope so.

Never been a fan of Vera's. Guy is way too annoying

Nothing he can do now will effect what he's already done. When you say the name 'Muhammad Ali', I dunno about you, but I think of his ruling the fight world, not losing his last few fights as an old fart. Legends like Couture have earned the right to fight as long as they want to, results irrelevant, I'll support Couture for as long as he feels like he has something left to give.

Archived