Shogun fears Machida

plyhard

Sad to see that Shogun is politicking for the victory. Shogun thinks he can win the Championship with words - very pathetic.

Shogun DOES NOT have the heart of a Champion or the drive of a Challenger. This interview is an admission that he tried to cruise in - instead of fight to win. His fear of Machida was obvious during the fight and he is playing games now to try and rewrite history - hiding behind poor argument and allies who are consoling his loss.

Pride had the reputation of vicious beat downs - Shogun trying to kick jab his way to victory instead of giving the beat down, exposes Pride fighters as more hype than substance.

===

"... my corner warned me to keep calm because I was winning and didn?t have to expose myself in the fight."

BAD ADVICE and ultimately a COP OUT for why he didn't finish Machida. "didn't have to expose myself" is another way of saying "I was scared of Machida and so I didn't go in to beat him".

===

"When that was over, I talked to Dana White, Rickson Gracie and everyone else and all of them told me I won, except the three referees."

Three independent referees without an agenda UNANIMOUSLY JUDGED Machida as the winner. The judges had integrity and were/are not intimidated by opinion of the Shogun mob.

===

"It?s bad to lose a fight or a battle like that for other people?s? interests.??

Innuendo without facts to back up an assertion is a CLASSLESS tactic.

True Men of Action exercising critical thought would tell this POS Shogun to man up to the facts or STFU!

===

Needless to say, I now have absolutely NO RESPECT for Shogun. He's trying to subvert the process and despite claims to the contrary - he is calling Machida out using poor argument and hiding behind others, as he hid behind his corner's advice instead of coming out to beat Machida.

What would Shogun do if he was a true champion?

Shut his f*cking mouth and win the rematch.

i dont really think he called him out. in the rest of the interview he said how much he respects machida. he is actually just upset about the loss on his record because it wasnt really a loss as much as a draw. i still think machida is going to come back and win the re match. But dude shogun is one of the best out there you have to respect the dude.

Sad to see that Shogun is politicking for the victory. Shogun thinks he can win the Championship with words - very pathetic.

Shogun DOES NOT have the heart of a Champion or the drive of a Challenger. This interview is an admission that he tried to cruise in - instead of fight to win. His fear of Machida was obvious during the fight and he is playing games now to try and rewrite history - hiding behind poor argument and allies who are consoling his loss.

Pride had the reputation of vicious beat downs - Shogun trying to kick jab his way to victory instead of giving the beat down' date=' exposes Pride fighters as more hype than substance.

===

"... my corner warned me to keep calm because I was winning and didn?t have to expose myself in the fight."

BAD ADVICE and ultimately a COP OUT for why he didn't finish Machida. "didn't have to expose myself" is another way of saying "I was scared of Machida and so I didn't go in to beat him".

===

"When that was over, I talked to Dana White, Rickson Gracie and everyone else and all of them told me I won, except the three referees."

Three independent referees without an agenda UNANIMOUSLY JUDGED Machida as the winner. The judges had integrity and were/are not intimidated by opinion of the Shogun mob.

===

"It?s bad to lose a fight or a battle like that for other people?s? interests.??

True Men of Action exercising critical thought would tell this POS Shogun to man up to the facts or STFU!

===

Needless to say, I now have absolutely NO RESPECT for Shogun. He's trying to subvert the process and despite claims to the contrary - he is calling Machida out using poor argument and hiding behind others, as he hid behind his corner's advice instead of coming out to beat Machida.

Shut his f*cking mouth and win the rematch.[/quote']

Apparently nowadays, the Machida ****s make all kind of stupid stuff up to justify his fighter's lackluster performance.

LOL @ Shogun being scared of Machida. Maybe that's why he kept punching his face and kicking his legs and ribs, and SUPER LOL @ OMG he didn't expose himself. It's times like these that I fear for the future of this forum.

Why in the fudging hell should Rua drop the perfect gameplan just to please you? Why should he try to jump Machida when everybody knows that doing it is suicide?

Oh, and when the PRESIDENT of the promotion you're fighting for approaches you and says 'Man, you got robbed out there', I can't help but take that as an important opinion on the fight outcome.

I don't know if Shogun can beat Machida in the rematch. But, don't you try to convince anyone that he doesn't deserve it.

Apparently nowadays' date=' the Machida ****s make all kind of stupid stuff up to justify his fighter's lackluster performance.

LOL @ Shogun being scared of Machida. Maybe that's why he kept punching his face and kicking his legs and ribs, and SUPER LOL @ OMG he didn't expose himself. It's times like these that I fear for the future of this forum.

Why in the fudging hell should Rua drop the perfect gameplan just to please you? Why should he try to jump Machida when everybody knows that doing it is suicide?

Oh, and when the PRESIDENT of the promotion you're fighting for approaches you and says 'Man, you got robbed out there', I can't help but take that as an important opinion on the fight outcome.

I don't know if Shogun can beat Machida in the rematch. But, don't you try to convince anyone that he doesn't deserve it.[/quote']+1 im a machida fan but rua deserves this re match and if he didnt get one after that fight i would be very upset.

Pride had the reputation of vicious beat downs - Shogun trying to kick jab his way to victory instead of giving the beat down' date=' exposes Pride fighters as more hype than substance.

===

"... my corner warned me to keep calm because I was winning and didn’t have to expose myself in the fight."

===

===

"It’s bad to lose a fight or a battle like that for other people’s’ interests.‘”

===

YOu sure wouLD not have known that when Shoegun was out striking and out kicking Machida in almost every round. If this is so, what was Machidas excuse then?

===

===

===

===

I'm sorry to see that you have to continuously make these topics to convince yourself that Machida won by an "accurate" judging. All I have seen from you is nothing but post after post and topic after topic of how Shogun lost and sucks and how Machida won and is gods gift to MMA. Dude really shut the frig up already. Everyone is getting tired of the topics that have been posted nonstop ever since the fight and YOU have been a massive culprit in doing this. I mean really in the past week Every topic like this I have seen have been started by you OR you have a crap load of posts in making excuses for the judges and Machida and putting Shogun down. Yes Machida won but it was a bad call and if you would get your head out of your own **** you would see that. Your multi-daily posts are getting really old really quick. Accept the fact that Shogun really won and Machida got a lucky call with the judges. Accept the fact that there is going to be a rematch. Accept the fact that Machida had limp out of the cage with a little help while Shogun walked out on his own.

No I am not a die hard Shogun fan but he earned a lot of respect from me because of that fight and I have become a fan, not a **** but a fan, there is a difference. I also have respect for Machida but you dang dingleberries making excuses and constant topics of how Machida won and why Shogun sucks really needs to stop.

Ok rant is done.

Shogun's actions speak louder than his words.

If Shogun wants respect - he needs to STFU and win the rematch.

Plyhard you're still trying to convince yourself that Machida really won? Shogun got everybody's respect by beating Machida. He might not have yours because you're obviously obsessed with the Dragon lol. Nobody takes you seriously anyway, you said that the judges have integrity, they're boxing judges! what the hell do they know about MMA? Cecil Peoples was the same judge that said that Shogun mostly leg kicked him, saying it's inaffective, when we clearly saw the results of Shogun's leg kicks when Machida couldn't even square up right in the 4th and the 5th. Another thing if you really thought that Machida won you wouldn't have made this thread, but I know that the truth hurts, so you make this thread trying to degrade Shogun to make yourself feel better.

YOur right' date=' he did win, but in reality Shoegun won and anyone with seeing eyes knows this.Sorry you are in denial.[/quote']

Maybe He didn;t get choked out by Griffin and Sobral either.

Maybe - in reality - he both of those average fighters, instead of getting owned by them.

Maybe that;s why he isn;t interested in talking about them.

Sorry but if I was Shogun I would be way moe upset about getting owned by Forest Griffin than by losing a close decision to Machida.

This guy is one more Pride wanna be.

Choked out by Forest?

HAs ANYONE ever been subbed by Griffin?

So if Forrest choked out Shogun, and Shogun beat Machida, Imagine what Forrest would do to Machida

Shogun won bud ,there is no way he is scared ,he is gonna ko machida next time ,and of course if your winning the fight why are you going to take a risk of getting knocked down or tko'd ,get off your computer and go train and you will understand ,even enter a grappling tourny and just try to last the round and we will c where u stand bud ,,,,,you sir are an idiot and obviously on machidas nut sak.

Shogun whooped his ****. So why would he be scared? Machita finally came across shogun who has just as much or more experience. My opinion Shogun is the nightmare fight for machita he exposed kinks n his armor with the leg kicks n beat his ribs down. Rematch Shogun ko 3rd

Can we please stop with these threads already? It is really bringing the forum down.

why dont you just close all these retarted threads.. Seriously everyday a noob comes in and just creates a shogun vs machida thread.. My advice is just close it so people stop making up these threads.. I mean there are 2 ufcs coming up and the rematch is already going to happen ...

There are better topics to discussed than the machida vs shogun fight..

Machida won period , rematch is taking place soon so everyone STFU

===

===

===

===

your a horrible troll

Shogun's corner told him he won every round so shogun tried to eek out a decision victory when he had machida's legs chopped down and his body in pain. He admits this himself. The only reason Shogun lost was his fear of losing. If he had pressed the action in the later rounds machida would have crumbled. Shogun deserved that loss for not attempting to finish the fight and trying to out point the best point fighter in the game. Next time I assume shogun will pull his head out of his **** and go out there to finish the fight.

why dont you just close all these retarted threads.. Seriously everyday a noob comes in and just creates a shogun vs machida thread.. My advice is just close it so people stop making up these threads.. I mean there are 2 ufcs coming up and the rematch is already going to happen ...

There are better topics to discussed than the machida vs shogun fight..

Machida won period ' date=' rematch is taking place soon so everyone STFU[/quote']

I would love to. But then there would be multiple "why did these stupid (insert many bad words) mods close my thread. And, my inbox would be full of hate mail.

I would love to. But then there would be multiple "why did these stupid (insert many bad words) mods close my thread. And' date=' my inbox would be full of hate mail.[/quote']

Can I close them? It would be worth the hate mail at this point. I really am getting to where it sucks to come to these forums cause of all these threads like this.

Can I close them? It would be worth the hate mail at this point. I really am getting to where it sucks to come to these forums cause of all these threads like this.

LOL, I wish you could.

There is also the fact that I feel Machida won. Most of the threads I did close caused me to be accused of closing them only cause they were supporting Shogun. Only reason was, there were so many of them.

I am all for people supporting their favorite fighters. I am all for people voicing their opinions.

But when they are breaking rules in the process, I am not so supportive. And, I might add, the rules do discuss multiple threads on one topic.

I don't know what the judges saw but I was rooting for Machida and shocked as hell when they raised his hand in victory. I fully expected Shogun to win the decision, especially when they said it was unanimous.

I say Machida v. Silva first though. I don't think this was so much of a critique of Shogun, but a testament to the vulnerability of Machida. FACTS: Machida has never been hit as much as Shogun got him, Shogun handed Machida his first lost rounds in the UFC, Shogun handed Machida more lost rounds than any of the 15 other fighters Machida has faced. Now that it's been revealed that Machida is not an MMA immortal, I think he needs to prove himself now, not Shogun.

No one doubts Shogun after that fight, but eyebrows are being raised at Machida now. If he can prove himself against Anderson Silva he would prove that he deserves to be an undefeated champion and Shogun should get another shot. If he loses, we should see what Shogun can do against the considered pound for pound best fighter in the world.

Concluding, I agree with Tito Ortiz, who said that "the fighter who dealt the most damage should win the fight."

Archived