Who Do You Think The Best Finishers In The Business Are?

phatboi1987

Now or of all time. I'm talking about the guys who know when they have an opponent hurt and just swarm all over them and finish it. The fighters who have that killer instinct. I believe my top 3 are...

1) Chuck Liddel

2) Wanderlei Silva

3) Anderson Silva

...I didn't think about this too long before posting it so I'm sure there's probably someone who should be there that isn't.

Now or of all time. I'm talking about the guys who know when they have an opponent hurt and just swarm all over them and finish it. The fighters who have that killer instinct. I believe my top 3 are...

1) Chuck Liddel

2) Wanderlei Silva

3) Anderson Silva

...I didn't think about this too long before posting it so I'm sure there's probably someone who should be there that isn't.

A Silva has had alot of lack luster fights that were really unimpressive, I would even go as far as to put Houston Alexander or Drew McFedries ahead of him for killer instinct.

You can't for get Shane Carwin (no fights past the 2:30 mark of RD 1)

Also Vitor back in the day was like a hive of killer bees attacking you.

A Silva has had alot of lack luster fights that were really unimpressive' date=' I would even go as far as to put Houston Alexander or Drew McFedries ahead of him for killer instinct.

Also Vitor back in the day was like a hive of killer bees attacking you.[/quote']

I nearly put Vitor infront of A. Silva, for some reason I couldn't bring myself to do it though, don't know why. Houston Alexander had even crossed my mind too. I actually did forget about Carwin o.O oops.

A. Silva not a chance' date=' I would even put Tim Sylvia over him.[/quote']

.... Tim Sylvia is a ****ing meatball. Hes just terrible. Nothing this guy has ever done has ever impressed me.

Anderson Silva tries to put on a good show. You say he has had lack luster fights. If you watch those fights he rarely attacks at all. He trying to allow the apponent to do anything so the fight is somewhat decent. I think of the Cote fight; please tell me you think that Silva didnt toy with him.

When he actually attacks his apponents, ala Forrest Griffen, he drops his hands lets them swing at his head, the 1 punches them from the hip and knocks em out.

Ive also heard from friends in the karate world (who have worked with machida and Silva) that Silva is probably one of the hardest hitters theyve ever competed against. Kind of like when Ali used to jab people, and all of a sudden that would just fall over and you had no idea why.. when you look at Silvas punches, most of them dont look nearly as devastating as they feel.

A Silva has had alot of lack luster fights that were really unimpressive' date=' I would even go as far as to put Houston Alexander or Drew McFedries ahead of him for killer instinct.

Also Vitor back in the day was like a hive of killer bees attacking you.[/quote']

you must be new to mma or maybe you dont watch it too much

The only 2 fights a silva did not finish were leites and cote (who btw got injured) ... Al the other fights anderson finished ...

I nearly put Vitor infront of A. Silva' date=' for some reason I couldn't bring myself to do it though, don't know why. Houston Alexander had even crossed my mind too. I actually did forget about Carwin o.O oops.[/quote']

first your post was at the best time of the day.

second this IS the list try and argue it.

1. Wanderli Silva (23kos / 3 submissions)

2. Melvin Manhoef (22kos out of 23 wins !)

3. Mirko Cro Cop (19kos / 3 submissions)

4. Paul Daley (17 kos / 1 submission)

5. Gegard Mousasi (15kos / 9 submissions)

6. Anderson silva (15ko / 4 submissions)

7. Ben Rothwell (17ko / 11 submissions)

8. Shogun Rua (15ko / 1 submission)

9. Shane Carwin (6ko / 5 submissions)

10. Tim Sylvia (17ko / 2 submissions)

now or of all time. I'm talking about the guys who know when they have an opponent hurt and just swarm all over them and finish it. The fighters who have that killer instinct. I believe my top 3 are...

1) chuck liddel

2) wanderlei silva

3) anderson silva

...i didn't think about this too long before posting it so i'm sure there's probably someone who should be there that isn't.

fedor emelianenko

1) Chuck Liddel

2) Wanderlei Silva

3) Anderson Silva

Fedor

Mike Swick

Cain Velasques during a great performance

Vitor recently

Anderson Silva, only when the action is pressed against him

Thiago Silva always brings the fights to an end

Carwin definately

Nate Marquardt in his last few performances

Archived