UFC 106 worth $44.99 PPV?

MMATRUEFANZ

There is nothing to look forward to in UFC 106. With the main event out and set to Forest vs Ortiz... will it be worth $44.99 PPV??? Probably not. With Forest losing so bad to Silvia, the worth of Forest vs Ortiz went down big time. I feel bad for people who paid $$ for this event. Although it would be worth seeing Forest's reaction after running out from Silvia fight crying his eyes out. LOL That was funny!!!

But overall not worth $44.99... I bet I am not the only one who feels this way...

DON'T FORGET!!!! NEXT WEEK FEDOR IS FIGHTING ON CBS!!! FREEEEEE!!!!! ^.^

Well...if Lil Nog makes his UFC debut as rumored' date=' and if Big Nog is fighting Carwin once again as rumored damn right it's worth it. Now w/o them fights I don't really think so.[/quote']

100% correct. Big Nog vs Carwin screws up the Lesnar vs Carwin for 108, but that card is already STACKED anyhow.

I would pay for it, if Cox screened the PPV in HD.

Nothing was worse than watching UFC 104 prelims in HD on Spike for free, then turning over for the main card that I had to pay $45 for and it's only in SD.

This seriously needs sorting out. If they're not showing it in HD then they shouldn't be able to show it at all. I felt robbed, and it ruined the night for me.

I think it is worth my money as is. I am looking forward to it actually. I did just read on Sherdog that Phil Baroni vs. Amir Sadollah has been promoted to the main card of UFC 106. Rumor or not' date=' I am still watching.[/quote']

These events are free where I live & thats my budget .. :)

... & the "New York Bad-Butt" will have his hands full here !

the odds have been posted for this Mandalay-Bay event ...

Baroni (+145)

Sadollah (-175)

These events are free where I live & thats my budget .. :)

... & the "New York Bad-Butt" will have his hands full here !

the odds have been posted for this Mandalay-Bay event ...

Baroni (+145)

Sadollah (-175)

You lucky!!! I am kinda surprised at those odds but I am sure they will change as time nears. lol @ "N Y B-Butt" haha

I like Sadollah.:D

there is no way that this fight is worth 44.99 or 54.99 for HD I am just not hyped at all to see this fight, maybe if it were on a undercard or something or if it was free on spike. I will probably just watch it at Buffalo wild wings or something. I am more hyped about seeing Fedor fight on Cbs next saturday and the couture fighting on spike the next week.

Well...if Lil Nog makes his UFC debut as rumored' date=' and if Big Nog is fighting Carwin once again as rumored damn right it's worth it. Now w/o them fights I don't really think so.[/quote']

Carwin would be crazy to take this fight, he is the number 1 person in line for the title.

dont understand how amir and baroni are main card while rosholt (future mw contender) and grove are on the prelims. i am excited about this card though. some of favorite guys are fighting saunders' date=' hazelett, cane, forrest. whats not to love[/quote']

This is a no brainer, It is because it is the return of Baroni, Baroni is going to KO Amir unless Amir has made drastic progress.

I would pay for it' date=' if Cox screened the PPV in HD.

Nothing was worse than watching UFC 104 prelims in HD on Spike for free, then turning over for the main card that I had to pay $45 for and it's only in SD.

This seriously needs sorting out. If they're not showing it in HD then they shouldn't be able to show it at all. I felt robbed, and it ruined the night for me.[/quote']

With Direct TV you can pay 5 more dollars and get it in HD

dont understand how amir and baroni are main card while rosholt (future mw contender) and grove are on the prelims. i am excited about this card though. some of favorite guys are fighting saunders' date=' hazelett, cane, forrest. whats not to love[/quote']

This is because Amir is very marketable (A loveable TUF winner) and Baroni, as much as I hate him will most likely offer some classic smack talk. Also it is likely to end with a big KO either way whereas Grove-Rosholt will probably be a pretty tentative affair

This is because Amir is very marketable (A loveable TUF winner) and Baroni' date=' as much as I hate him will most likely offer some classic smack talk. Also it is likely to end with a big KO either way whereas Grove-Rosholt will probably be a pretty tentative affair[/quote']

I'm sorry but I could care less about 106. $44.99? yeah right! I pay $54.99 to watch it on HD. I'm not rich and I'm not going to pay that amout to watch 2 fighters that I could careless about, fight for only 3 rounds. If little Nog was fighting I would purchase it, but he's not.

^

This is a no brainer' date=' It is because it is the return of Baroni, Baroni is going to KO Amir unless Amir has made drastic progress.[/quote']

yeah! the return of the guy that loses all the time. give me grove/rosholt or even davis/saunders. baroni is a bum. should be an easy win for amir

no this card is definitely NOT worth $45 now it has no main event and really the Tito vs Forrest has name recognition but is a nothing fight especially since Forrest has quickly become irrelevant in the division and Tito hasn't done anything in years so it's a below avg. main card fight on the card even when there used to be a good main event but the people I feel bad for are the ones that bought tickets ahead of time to see it live, I sincerely hope the UFC has a good refund policy

Nothing wrong with this card at all. I don't watch PPV for one fight, I pay for the whole card, so...

Tito Forrest will be good, Davis is always a good fight, Karo back, Phil Baroni vs Amir, Kendall Grove puts on a show....I say this will be a good night of fights. Just seems some fans need to have a title fight every PPV, or a so called "super fight". Can't happen every time.

Speaking of "good cards"....One of the most disappointing for me in 2009 was UFC 100 mainly because GSP and Lesnar both did what most expected them to do, and the undercards weren't great (Fitch fight was OK). Alves really did not challenge GSP...and Mir, well, good luck next time Frank. Point is, just cuz card looks good or bad on paper doesn't mean it will be so.

Archived