Randy Couture calls for Ricky Hatton to join UFC

freedom

http://www.fightmarks.com/story.php?title=couture-calls-for-hatton-to-join-ufc

RICKY Hatton has been told to quit boxing and become a cage fighter in the UFC!

And one of the legends of the Ultimate Fighting Championship has even offered to train the Hitman to make him a star in the brutal mixed martial arts phenomenon.

Five-time world UFC champion Randy Couture believes Hatton, who hasn't boxed since losing to Manny Pacquiao in May, would be a sensation in the cage.

"I am a big fan of Ricky Hatton," said Couture. "He is a fantastic fighter. I could get him up to speed on the ground wrestling part of it, while he could take advantage of his boxing talent.

"He could make a big difference in the lighter categories."

Meanwhile, back here on planet Earth Ricky Hatton received about $20 million of rthe Pacman fight.

IN other words he made more money on that one fight than Randy made in his entire MMA career.

This is why you are never going to see a world class boxer in the cage.

Give Ricky a few more years until he os totally washed up in boxing, like Tyson.

Meanwhile' date=' back here on planet Earth Ricky Hatton received about $20 million of rthe Pacman fight.

IN other words he made more money on that one fight than Randy made in his entire MMA career.

Give Ricky a few more years until he os totally washed up in boxing, like Tyson.[/quote']

totally agree. There is no way Hatton would try MMA. Doesnt make sense on different levels - skill, money, legacy.

They don;t call him Ricky Fatton for nothing.

I think he walks around at about 180bs.

Well...not quite. His non training weight is high but he is not fit to fight at the weight, all he gains is fat and no muscle. Even 145lbs could be a push if his fitness is going to be where it needs to be.

Cant c it happening. Ricky Hatton isnt even committing to another boxin bout yet alone take up a different sport. Its naive to think that someone can learn BJJ and top class wrestling from scratch in such little time. He reached the top in boxing it would be very hard to get motivated to a do a sport where you wont reach the top, cos he wouldnt reach the top of mma.

Hatton would have to fight at 145lbs so he couldn't join the UFC anyway

Hatton balloons when not in training, hed make up to MW easily if he wanted! Love to see it happening but not until he loses his boxing license, all his millions and most of his sanity! then and only then will it happen

He is a crazy guy though, stranger things have happened, imagine him catching bj penn with a left right to the body? Goodnight

If he had a good ground game then Hatton would be an incredibly exciting fighter to watch, and that whole "Hatton Wonderland" would carry over awesomely. I don't see it happening though, I heard he's considering retiring from boxing anyway, and I don't think he could just pick up the ground game that fast. I actually think the man's done fighting for now.

Too bad, Hatton was exciting as hell. I'm fairly confident it's not going to happen, but it does make me think about how much of a standup beast he might be.

That would be huge for British MMA. Not just that one of Britain's greatest ever strikers would be coming to the sport, but being trained on the ground by Randy would be sick.

I've seen some interviews with him in the past and he's said he loves watching MMA events, but he's not so big on the ground aspect of fighting because as a boxer, he doesn't have much of an understanding of the different positions.

I'm sure it would be far fetched, but it would be incredible to see the hitman in the octagon.

They don;t call him Ricky Fatton for nothing.

I think he walks around at about 180bs.

probly more man he gets soooo big. it doesnt help he drink 14 pint of guinness and have a kebab every night

if anything i would love to see david haye fight mma that wud be insane his KO power is crazy

probly more man he gets soooo big. it doesnt help he drink 14 pint of guinness and have a kebab every night

if anything i would love to see david haye fight mma that wud be insane his KO power is crazy

Plus Haye also has been doing Martial Arts for as long as hes been boxing. So his kicks are good along with his hands. Plus he also do some Jiu Jitsu although he hasnt been doing it that long.

Meanwhile' date=' back here on planet Earth Ricky Hatton received about $20 million of rthe Pacman fight.

Give Ricky a few more years until he os totally washed up in boxing, like Tyson.[/quote']

Ex-freakin-actly.

+1

Archived