Michael Bisping

Iceycell

Anyone else notice that almost everyone of Michael Bisping's fights are in the UK...and the ones he's had outside of the UK he's got dismantled in?...i mean besides the Matt Hamill fight in the UK (which everyone though Bisping was going to win quickly) he hasn't had a hard fight in the UK...when he faced Rashad...that was in New Jersey...when Hendo Knocked him out that was over in Nevada...he is by far the most pampered fighter that alot of people flock to saying he is good...I cannot say he is good until he can win a fight over here in the USA against a good fighter...maybe it's just me though

Anyone else notice that almost everyone of Michael Bisping's fights are in the UK...and the ones he's had outside of the UK he's got dismantled in?...i mean besides the Matt Hamill fight in the UK (which everyone though Bisping was going to win quickly) he hasn't had a hard fight in the UK...when he faced Rashad...that was in New Jersey...when Hendo Knocked him out that was over in Nevada...he is by far the most pampered fighter that alot of people flock to saying he is good...I cannot say he is good until he can win a fight over here in the USA against a good fighter...maybe it's just me though

He fights in the UK because they love him there and it puts butts in the seats. It doesn't have so much to do with him being pampered, but more with the UFC gaining money from his appearances.

He fights in the UK because they love him there and it puts butts in the seats. It doesn't have so much to do with him being pampered' date=' but more with the UFC gaining money from his appearances.[/quote']

This. Plus his fight with Evans was an extremely close SD that could have easily been called the other way.

If Bisping vs Leben had headlined an event in America I think it would be a safe bet that NO-ONE would show up. We did love a bit of Bisping before his ego swelled to the size of Bolivia and it got smashed by Hendo. I prefer a bit of Hardy now, and you can see Bisping's taken more of a back seat for 105, he's not so much the UK's posterboy anymore.

Mike has always been put in a lose lose situation with Americans, he won tuf3 in America (wouldn't go down to well there) won a tricky matt hamill fight ( again no friends made there) loses to rashad in another fight that could have gone either way (maybe some fans gained) then coaches uk to victory against the almighty US (coffin lid closing) and then loses to captian America 2 dan Henderson (final nail) all these situations are bound to sway the public against bisping. He has never been submitted, only been ko'd once, and has a creditable record of 18-2 (I think). If he was American you would all be backing him up.

im on the fence with Bisping. Hopefully he will shut his mouth and get on with it, cos i think hes a decent fighter, but when hes insecure his giant sized mouth starts to go in overdrive. I think maybe hes grown too big for the wolfslair, i know they have great coaches, but maybe he should train elsewhere to step up to the next level

Ha, Bisping.

B list fighter after B list fight got him to fame in the UK.

And even when he lost the fight, they still gave him the win (Hamill)

Not to change the subject, but thats why I think the Machida decision is so funny to me.

Dana didn't care worth hell when Hamill got robbed, or when Rizzo got robbed (Couture won somehow)

But as soon as Machida wins, Dana and many others began to complain.

Oh well, I hope Bisping gets rocked by Kang.

im on the fence with Bisping. Hopefully he will shut his mouth and get on with it' date=' cos i think hes a decent fighter, but when hes insecure his giant sized mouth starts to go in overdrive. I think maybe hes grown too big for the wolfslair, i know they have great coaches, but maybe he should train elsewhere to step up to the next level[/quote']

I agree in a way here. His heart is at and always will be at the wolfslair, but if he was in the US full time I think he would grow more. He's just moved house tho so can't see a move to America happening soon!

he is the golden boy of dana. dana need bisping so UK ppl will pay. and u r right, he is overrated!

he is the golden boy of dana. dana need bisping so UK ppl will pay. and u r right' date=' he is overrated![/quote']

That isn't how it works with viewing the UFC over here. He helped fill the MEN when he faced Sinosic but with regard to TV it's on the same channel as some Premier League matches which 99% of subscribers are paying for.

Bisping is an average fighter at best. Probably some of his fights were chosen in the interest of gaining UK base, and he was given an easier ride. But it was nice to see him face a real opponent like Henderson, in which his averageness was plain to see. But then again, when working your way up, its possible to not face the cream of the crop untill later on, so I don't want to cry marketing foul yet.

What gets me ticked off about Bisping, is that he actually thinks he is champion material, in which that is far from reality. I wouldn't dislike the guy so much, but knowing what he is like, and how arrogant he comes off, I can't stand the dude.

Bisping looks great against the guys he normally faces' date=' but put him in wirth a Hendo and he looks like a little girl.

He is not in the same class as Henderson as a fighter or a man.[/quote']

Yeah he's used to fighting cans that make him look better then he really is, hopfully they give him more top teer fighters so he'll lose more often...

Been a fan of his since TUF 3, and still am. Never really got why he got the reputation as the most arrogant guy out there in the lead up to the Hendo fight when the only thing people ever talk about him saying is that he wanted to win by KO, the same thing that pretty much every fighter out there says before a fight.

Also, I think a lot of people are seriously underestimating his abilites since that loss. Like him or not, he is a very talented fighter, and isn't an easy fight for anyone in the division except Anderson Silva.

Bisping has alot of potential but he needs to shut his mouth and get in the gym. He's quick with his strikes, he's got good foot work and he creates good angles. But Bisping is one dimensional and needs to branch out. Imagine if he had sick jits? Then he could work his KB on grapplers and strikers and if he find himself on the losing end, or on his back he's got sweeps and subs to finish.

He's had some submission wins before coming to the UFC, but since then, he seems content to only use his striking. I agree with what someone said before in that if he was at a different training camp, I think he would end up a far more well rounded and dangerous fighter. Wolfslair honestly seems more suited to be a Kickboxing camp than an MMA one. But, since Bisping's been there so long, I can't see him leaving now, unfortunately.

Been a fan of his since TUF 3' date=' and still am. Never really got why he got the reputation as the most arrogant guy out there in the lead up to the Hendo fight when the only thing people ever talk about him saying is that he wanted to win by KO, the same thing that pretty much every fighter out there says before a fight.

Also, I think a lot of people are seriously underestimating his abilites since that loss. Like him or not, he is a very talented fighter, and isn't an easy fight for anyone in the division except Anderson Silva.[/quote']

You did not see him coach on TUF I am guessing?

He is a decent fighter that unfortunately for him just won't be able to be the top dog at any weight class he manages to fight in. He is overmatched at LHW, he would not be top 5 at MW, and even if he could cut to WW he would still have a hard time cracking the top 5.

It seems like Bisping was the north english ******* that made MMA big in England' date=' but Hardy is popular all over because he doesnt talk as much **** as bisping, one more loss for him and I would say England is Hardyland[/quote']

Hardy does run his mouth though...Watch all the trash he talked about Marcus Davis before their fight

I did see TUF 9. I thought he was a good coach. Only thing he did wrong was the water thing with Demarques, which was far from the worst thing done on the show, and he did aplogize for it.

And I think he is at least close, IMO, to being a top five at MW in the UFC. Silva, Marquardt, Henderson(if he ends up staying), and Belfort are the only ones I'd really put above him right now.

Franklin is at 195/205, so can't see that, but cote when he is fit would be interesting stand up battle. Mike has jujitsu kickboxing submissions quick hands but has always gone in with the gameplan to standup and trade. I'd like to see more takedown attempts followed by some submission attempt even if they pay off, a bit more variety and he would dominate the better fighters.

Glad to see I'm not the only one here that doesn't like him.. For no real apparent reason either, it's not like he's as bad as Hardy with his comments.. I think even though he's a good and talented fighter and has proven he can finish fights his style just seems sloppy to me, for lack of a better word. Honestly I don't know what it is about him, poor guy lol. Either way Kang is going to finish him.

Im a Brit and have in the past been very patriotic!!!! However leading up to and during TUF Bisping was a fool, egotistical fool. Who unfortunatley/fortunatley got bought down level or two or so I thought. Listening to him rambling on about what hes gota do and what hes going to do to Kang I just think has he learned a thing?

But I still respect him as a fighter, however that was a brutal knockout at 100, which has got to shock you to the core if I was him. I just cannot see how that has not had a mental effect on his ability to deliver the goods. Assessing Bisping further he just lacks that power to put with his abaility to finish.

You would be surpised at how many of the u.k public has lost patience and faith in mike. Me personally Im a huge Ross Pearson fan and I am mooking forward to his fight the most. I can see Hardy doing well if he dispatches with Swick. But would he beat the champ hell not hes not on the same level in anyway!!!!!!!!!

It seems like Bisping was the north english ******* that made MMA big in England' date=' but Hardy is popular all over because he doesnt talk as much **** as bisping, one more loss for him and I would say England is Hardyland[/quote']

i like both hardy and bisping and they both do talking b4 fights look at hardy v davis the only difference with bisping is he lost and hardy beat davis otherwise a lot of people would be calling dan hardy a smack talker if he lost FACT

It is a matter of filling out arenas for UFC events in the UK. I am not a fan of Bisping at all, but he just fights where they tell him to, just like everyone else. If Dan Hardy beats Swick, then Bisping does not have to worry anymore about being the UK's most popular fighter.

It is a matter of filling out arenas for UFC events in the UK. I am not a fan of Bisping at all' date=' but he just fights where they tell him to, just like everyone else. If Dan Hardy beats Swick, then Bisping does not have to worry anymore about being the UK's most popular fighter.[/quote']

UK events would sell out anyway, regardless of whether Bisping was fighting or not.

Been a fan of his since TUF 3' date=' and still am. Never really got why he got the reputation as the most arrogant guy out there in the lead up to the Hendo fight when the only thing people ever talk about him saying is that he wanted to win by KO, the same thing that pretty much every fighter out there says before a fight.

[b']Also, I think a lot of people are seriously underestimating his abilites since that loss. Like him or not, he is a very talented fighter, and isn't an easy fight for anyone in the division except Anderson Silva[/b].

He's always been crap he just faught people that were worst than he is he lost to Rashad, Hendo, and really he lost to Matt Hamil the rest of his opponents were horrible, he's not talented at fighting at all compared to those type of fighters ...

What he's good at is throwing alot of weak **** fists that go for punches and runs away before his opponent can catch him with their strikes...

Thats basically all he does and doing so he gets his gift decisions for the bad judges the UFC is so unlucky to have, thats his whole game plan... Then he blabbers about fantastic he thinks he is he's a chump and you'll soon find out... I think Kang has the potental to whoop him put he has the tendency to beat himself this fight can go either way in my opinion.. I think after this fight is done Bisping will start get a few more fighters thats actually someone everyone knows and he'll show his true colors...

Most people agree that he got robbed in the Rashad fight. And since when does losing to Hendo mean you're a horrible fighter? By that logic, Wandy and Big Nog must be mediocre fighters too.:rolleyes:

So you're basing this entirely on his last two fights, I suppose, since they're the only ones that he was predominately circling in, which, while it obviously didn't work against Hendo, sure gave Leben problems. Also, if his striking is so weak, explain why he has 11 (T)KO's and is a multiple time kickboxing champ.

Don't get me wrong, I think Kang will be a very hard fight for him if Kang can get back to his pre-UFC ways, but to say Bisping's a crap fighter is just wrong.

Thnx for the replies everyone...glad to see i'm not the only one that doesn't like him...and like someone pointed out earlier besides 3 or 4 fights...the rest of his fights have been against nobodies in the UK...ppl you would nvr hear about over here in the US...kinda glad some UK people responded also, always good to have them in on stuff makes everything more interesting. Like i said in my original post i don't think i'll change my mind on the guy because to me he is the man with the silver spoon in the mouth and the silver platter in front of him so...thats how that goes we all know

Than why do you all go crazy for him at UFC events? Watch 105 and tell me the roars of the crowd have a hidden undertone of hate.

Hell be cheered yes because hes the homeboy, my point is hes not "that" well liked.

Wait till you hear the cheer for Randy and compare that. As i Brit i can only give you my opinion on him, I think the guy is good tv and a gatekeeper in Middleweight. He wound up Hendo and you yanks to the extreme and got his just deserts. I was personally glad to see him go to sleep as a MMA fan hoping it put hendo back near where he belongs. Bisping is also a fierce patriot who went into the lions den during that show and put every-thing into it. He did well too, in case you never noticed 3 out of 4 finalists were not from the states!

Bisping is hugely popular in his native UK, winning "Fighter of the Year" ahead of boxer Ricky Hatton in best-selling men's magazine Nuts in 2008. He was also voted "Coolest Man in the UK" by readers of Zoo magazine..... tells me hes very popular. But i see what your saying i think he lost alot off fans here in the uk since tuf

Archived