Too many PPV's?

Mugsyboy

Personally I think the UFC needs to scale back on the PPV's a bit. Having one roughly every one and a half to two months is perfect. Save the title fights, next in line fights, and big name fights for the PPV cards. And start doing a few more fight nights. Fans' expectations of the cards for PPV seem to be escalating, and if they continue to put on less than stellar PPV's it is going to hurt them in the long run.

Although maybe fans need to realize every fighter was once a no name, and just cuz a card doesn't looked great doesn't mean the fights won't be...I am confident UFC 106 is going to be a better night of fights than most message boards seem to indicate. Personally, I think on the surface 106 looks better than 105 does, but am betting both will have some excitement...plus 105 is LIVE on Spike, which doesn't hurt...lol.

Yes, way too many PPVs and too many TUFs as well.

They are forcing the product instead of letting it happen at its own pace - and now they have a PPV with Griffen/Ortiz as the main card?

Give me a break.

If you want to know how to screw up a good thing just stay tuned to ther UFC and their insatable need to sell ugly t shirts..

Great post.

How can you say there are to many ppv's? If your a real fan then you cant get enough of them. If it is money that you are worried about, then dont order them and go to hooters. That way if it is a bad fight then at least your drunk you ate good food and you looked at hot girls all night.

I think to many lol but damn after each ppv i want more and i cant wait for the next and they have so many fighters that are well known that u wanna see fight or wanna see grow...so im on the fence...so basically if u dont wanna see it dont buy it simple as that. I live in Germany and i get all the fights free because i have family members that are in the military and have AmericanForcesNetwork(AFN) which is only given to military members overseas.So i cant complain either way but im pretty sure i would be buying each one anyways since all the ppv start at 3am over here an I stay up to watch them!

How can you say there are to many ppv's? If your a real fan then you cant get enough of them. If it is money that you are worried about' date=' then dont order them and go to hooters. That way if it is a bad fight then at least your drunk you ate good food and you looked at hot girls all night.[/quote']

I am just saying this in response to the fact alot of people seem to complain when PPV's are announced and they don't like the card. Alot of people moaning and groaning about UFC 106 as an example. One fight gets dropped and all of a sudden the whole card sucks? Are people saying they pay for a PPV based on ONE fight? Wow...lol. Hope Dana doesn't figure that out...we will see PPV events with one and two fights only, hosted every week at the same charge...lol....cuz why pay fighters for 10 or 11 fights when fans will pay to see just one fight.

I'd watch every freaking week if they put on a show...lol. But the fact is many fans seem to get hung up on the main event and forget that the best fights are usually on the undercard, and quite often from lesser known fighters. But, if they want to keep the interest up in the PPV's they would ensure every single one is a card the majority of fans will be pumped about. Bad enough too many fans saying they won't pay to see Silva fight cuz he dominates, or they won't watch because of corrupt judges etc. It just seems they could continue to grow the fan base by offering more small "Fight Night" type shows live on Spike, maybe hosting them in smaller arenas in smaller centres, thus showcasing lesser known fighters more and reserving the big fights for 8-10 PPV's per year.

It's not that people base the whole card on just 1 fight, but that main fight is your backbone of the event. What I mean is, if the whole card sucks and there is 9 decision fights that were boring as hell, atleast you know you are going to get one good fight with people that you know like to bang. If it wasnt like that what would be the point of having main/co main events?

i think they need more ppv's

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! They dont have the talent to fill the cards. Look how they're scrambling just too cover the UFC 106 card' date=' now that Brock Lesnar pulled out of the fight.

i think they should cut back 2 10 ppv a year and a fight night like once a month

I say 9 PPVs a year. 1 PPV every 6 weeks with 1 or 2 Fight Nights in between showcasing the new talent, leaving the PPV cards stacked with Main events on every fight card. This way in case one fight is pulled out due to injuries another can fill its place. With 15 PPVs a year you have limited fighters, that cant fill in when someones hurt.

Personally I think the UFC needs to scale back on the PPV's a bit. Having one roughly every one and a half to two months is perfect. Save the title fights' date=' next in line fights, and big name fights for the PPV cards. And start doing a few more fight nights. Fans' expectations of the cards for PPV seem to be escalating, and if they continue to put on less than stellar PPV's it is going to hurt them in the long run.

Although maybe fans need to realize every fighter was once a no name, and just cuz a card doesn't looked great doesn't mean the fights won't be...I am confident UFC 106 is going to be a better night of fights than most message boards seem to indicate. Personally, I think on the surface 106 looks better than 105 does, but am betting both will have some excitement...plus 105 is LIVE on Spike, which doesn't hurt...lol.[/quote']

well UFC is a business and PPV makes more money than on cable. I think Zuffa knows alittle more about the business than you. How did you arrive at the perfect interval for PPVs anyway?

im going to grade this:

FAIL

Archived