Randy Couture doesn't deserve to be in the hall of fame is not that great

qaz

Why the hell do people keep praising Randy when he hasn't accomplished much. The only reason he has won any belts is because practically every fight he gets is for titles. And he cant even hold the titles. It seems like he just gets title shots out of thin air while others need like 5 wins in a row. And what fighters has he beat that were high level besides tito and chuck who knocked him out 2 times after. The guys record is 16-10...wtf?

Again isnt that preferential treatment? Even when chuck lost the belt, dana said chuck needed to get significant wins before another shot. As I said he only had belts because of the quantity of title fights he was given. Why keep giving him top guys when he cant put solid win streak together?

Randy needs to be on the undercard after 2 straight losses. I am glad he gets a lesser opponent in brandon vera. He cant hang with top guys at all.

He cant put up a solid win streak against top guys. Just look at GSP, Fedor and Anderson who do fight top guys and don't win 1 and lose 1 like randy. To be honest he was an average fighter that was given special opportunities. Time to hang it up so ufc has more salary for up and coming fighters.

Pretty much agree with you guys. Randy was always an average fighter. The thing is that because of his age and the "rocky balboa" persona he gets unwarranted credit. When fighting top fighters he is inconsistent and even loses to the same fighters he beats which leads me to believe that he is getting his wins through random chance because of the number of tries he is given. On an absolute level he was not an extraordinary fighter. Chuck on the other hand did fight alot of the same guys and had a solid record against them till his recent decline.

I hate see him turn into a washed up ken shamrock too. The guy cannot get a belt anymore, just cut him and let him have his glory match against fedor who will KO randy easily. Then retire.

Randy is turning into ken shamrock now. If the ufc gave as many title shots to any average fighter, they could have accomplished just as much. He is just their cash cow and you blind followers keep paying to see him.

the refs and judges clearly favored randy in the vera fight. Too many randy ****riders

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why the hell do people keep praising Randy when he hasn't accomplished much. The only reason he has won any belts is because practically every fight he gets is for titles. And he cant even hold the titles. It seems like he just gets title shots out of thin air while others need like 5 wins in a row. And what fighters has he beat that were high level besides tito and chuck who knocked him out 2 times after. The guys record is 16-10...wtf?

Please just turn off you computer, walk away and never talk about MMA again. Thats all i am going to say about that post.

Randy "The Natural" Couture IS and SHOULD be in the Hall of Fame. He is one of two guys to win the belt in two different weight Classes. He has betten the odds so many times. People saying hes to old and crap, but he always proves them wrong. And he always puts on a pretty good fight too.

troll-web.jpg

Yet another example of a new 'fan' who gains all information on fighters by looking at their MMA record and deciding if they've beaten any good names. If you'd seen Randy fight in the early days of the UFC, and seen how he'd revolutionised the sport both in and out of the cage, then you'd realise why he's in the Hall of Fame.

Randy's never had to string loads of wins together to get a title shot because he's always competed at the very top. Randy's never really dropped down to any level other than title contender. When he's won, he's beaten some of the best in the world, and when he's lost, he's still put forward a great performance.

why the hell do people keep praising randy when he hasn't accomplished much. The only reason he has won any belts is because practically every fight he gets is for titles. And he cant even hold the titles. It seems like he just gets title shots out of thin air while others need like 5 wins in a row. And what fighters has he beat that were high level besides tito and chuck who knocked him out 2 times after. The guys record is 16-10...wtf?

troll

Yet another example of a new 'fan' who gains all information on fighters by looking at their MMA record and deciding if they've beaten any good names. If you'd seen Randy fight in the early days of the UFC' date=' and seen how he'd revolutionised the sport both in and out of the cage, then you'd realise why he's in the Hall of Fame.

Randy's never had to string loads of wins together to get a title shot because he's always competed at the very top. Randy's never really dropped down to any level other than title contender. When he's won, he's beaten some of the best in the world, and when he's lost, he's still put forward a great performance.[/quote']

Again isnt that preferential treatment? Even when chuck lost the belt, dana said chuck needed to get significant wins before another shot. As I said he only had belts because of the quantity of title fights he was given. Why keep giving him top guys when he cant put solid win streak together?

I have a question for you.

does it make you feel tough to talk **** about fighters behind a screen? does it?

Overall record in MMA is subjective at best. To be honest, any guy who can compete in the bigger circuit shows and maintain better than a .500 record has to be considered a good fighter. Now, throw in the quality of competetion the guy has faced to reach the record he has, and 16-10 is a pretty damn good MMA record. More and more guys now adays get to 10-0, 12-0, 15-0 etc only because they are brought along slowly, fight in smaller organizations etc. 10 years ago fighters didn't always have they luxury, they were often fed directly to the wolves.

Couture has had some wars with some pretty big names in MMA. Chuck, Tito, Silvia, Van Arsdale, Pedro, Ricco, Vitor, Josh Barnett, Kevin Randleman...not to mention Nog, Lesnar and Gonzaga. There is not a single slouch on that list. A loss only means the other guy got the better of you that night....but often times a guy's status can go UP in a loss. Controversy aside, you think Shogun got a bit more respect from the disbelievers after 104? Keith Jardine may not be in the same class as Randy, but he is similar in the fact that there is a reason he keeps getting big fights. Fans overall may think poorly of Jardine, but I dare you to show me a current LHW who has fought as many big names as he and faired much better. The guy brings it every time, and yeah he may get blown out of the water once in a while, but he keeps getting his shot because of his willingness to fight anyone, and his ability to bring it.....just like the legendary Randy Couture.

How about trying to help educate new fans rather then throwing out "troll" to all of them that make a thread that is off its mark?

On the mark G_Row state facts when it comes to people that are new and not that well informed instead of talking down or talking **** about them..everybody is new at some point and wont understand the significants of some fighters.Randy doesnt have the best record but he fights all the best fights and wins alot of them so it is some what misleading looking at his record.Never count him out or doubt him and most importantly respect him any fighter will agree.

YOUR an idiot he has beaten belfort twice, kevin randleman, chuck, tito, pedro rizzo twice, jeremy horn, etc....He has beaten quality competition and has been in more five round fights than anyone in the ufc

Idiot.... Did you see your first MMA fight on Spike yesterday and then google Randy's name when you saw a commercial for UFC 105 and then piece together this moronic conclusion? You shouldn't talk about things which you clearly know nothing about. Randy is a legend and one of the best fighters in the history of this sport.... The HOF doesn't deserve to exist without him in it. Did I mention you're an idiot?

Idiot.... Did you see your first MMA fight on Spike yesterday and then google Randy's name when you saw a commercial for UFC 105 and then piece together this moronic conclusion? You shouldn't talk about things which you clearly know nothing about. Randy is a legend and one of the best fighters in the history of this sport.... The HOF doesn't deserve to exist without him in it. Did I mention you're an idiot?

I completely agree....I think Couture vs Nog was the best fight I have seen all year too...does anyone feel the same?

Not only is Randy a great fighter, he is also an amazing person that has given so much back to the sport including many great fighters out of his xtreme couture camp. Hasnt beaten any names? Vitor Belfort, Kevin Randleman, Jeremy Horn, Tito, Chuck, Ganzaga, Tim Sylvia, Pedro Rizzo... I mean these may not be names to some people, but these people should probably avoid posting on MMA forums.

you asked why chuck to work his way back up well one he fought big names after his loss but he didnt get a automatic rematch because he got worked over pretty good by rampage randy has never been worked too bad by anybody yeh chuck beat him up but he was always in his fights think about this he's never been submitted in his career he fought of a triangle choke by nog for like 2 minutes in his last fight once nog gets a triagle in on most pple its over in seconds totally agree that randy and nog was best fight of the year though more exciting than shogun machida not as controversial but more exciting

I guess this CLOWN dosnt know what he is talking about and probibly gets beat up all the time and that exsplains why he is a computer warrior talking **** about **** he knows nothing about MMA.So what do we say to this little dish rag? STOP getting beat up and learn about the MMA fighters before you crack off about them'''''''''''''''''''''''

i dont really consider it preferential treatment when you throw someone in against top ten championship contenders thats more like throwing someone to the wolves..in fact how can you say he doesnt deserve it when all that means is randy has beat the worlds best time in and time out? sounds pretty good to me randy is a well deserved hall of famer

Another thing about Randy is that he is one of the toughest fighters in the UFC...I have watched a lot of his fights and even if he is gettin his **** whooped he just keeps coming and coming and usually overwhelms his opponent...I would say he fights with more heart than anybody i remember watching the nog fight thinking its over and he would just not give up which was awesome!!!!

i dont really consider it preferential treatment when you throw someone in against top ten championship contenders thats more like throwing someone to the wolves..in fact how can you say he doesnt deserve it when all that means is randy has beat the worlds best time in and time out? sounds pretty good to me randy is a well deserved hall of famer

Yes it is preferential because every fighter wants the belt and just by getting shots over and over you are bound to win some of them and hence the reason you guys say he is so good.

hes won more of the championship fights then lost so i would say he deserves it ufc has never been built on working your way up the ranks anyway there have been many people who have a couple fights if not just one and gotten title shots aka anderson silva david terrel and a few others but randy has continued to take on the worlds best and dominated the hall of fame is where he belongs hands down there is really no arguement he is already there

I guess this CLOWN dosnt know what he is talking about and probibly gets beat up all the time and that exsplains why he is a computer warrior talking **** about **** he knows nothing about MMA.So what do we say to this little dish rag? STOP getting beat up and learn about the MMA fighters before you crack off about them'''''''''''''''''''''''
One more thing CAPTAIN AMERICA.....................

Again isnt that preferential treatment? Even when chuck lost the belt' date=' dana said chuck needed to get significant wins before another shot. As I said he only had belts because of the quantity of title fights he was given. Why keep giving him top guys when he cant put solid win streak together?

Randy needs to be on the undercard after 2 straight losses. I am glad he gets a lesser opponent in brandon vera. He cant hang with top guys at all.[/quote']

Kindly, shoot yourself... you're about as useless as **** on a bull!!!

Yet another example of a new 'fan' who gains all information on fighters by looking at their MMA record and deciding if they've beaten any good names. If you'd seen Randy fight in the early days of the UFC' date=' and seen how he'd revolutionised the sport both in and out of the cage, then you'd realise why he's in the Hall of Fame.

Randy's never had to string loads of wins together to get a title shot because he's always competed at the very top. Randy's never really dropped down to any level other than title contender. When he's won, he's beaten some of the best in the world, and when he's lost, he's still put forward a great performance.[/quote']

This is the best synopsis of Randy ever written.

Epic_Win.gif

awesome post. and when hes lost, hes lost to the best,(except lesnar).

Again isnt that preferential treatment? Even when chuck lost the belt' date=' dana said chuck needed to get significant wins before another shot. As I said he only had belts because of the quantity of title fights he was given. Why keep giving him top guys when he cant put solid win streak together?

Randy needs to be on the undercard after 2 straight losses. I am glad he gets a lesser opponent in brandon vera. He cant hang with top guys at all.[/quote']

Can't believe I just read this. No wait. Can't believe someone actually wrote this.

Yes it is preferential because every fighter wants the belt and just by getting shots over and over you are bound to win some of them and hence the reason you guys say he is so good.

He beat 3 heavyweights including Vitor Belfort to get his first shot. Wins the belt leaves for Japan and loses it over a dispute to The UFC. Comes back to the UFC' date=' if I never lost the belt in the first place I would want it back. Beats Kevin Randlman for his second heavyweight title. Gets beat by a juiced Josh Barnett. Doesn't [b']"accept"[/b] the belt back when they strip Barnett of it, and would rather fight the number one contender, Ricco and loses. I don't count the first fight with Chuck for the interim belt because he was going to fight the champ regardless, and is the light heavyweight champion after he beats Tito. So that is 3 so far. He earned the first one, I don't know the specifics of the dispute but if he was coming back they should have allowed him to keep the belt that he won, and third while he hadn't defeated any light heavyweights to earn a title shot his heavyweight credentials are more than worthy at a lower weight class. Beats Tito goes on to defend against Vitor and gets cut on the the eye and is stopped by the doctor, not by Randy saying he couldn't take any more. In the eyes of just about every MMA fan it was a situation that had to be continued at a later time. The decision at the end of the 2nd Belfort fight should have been a no contest and Vitor would have got another shot once Randy's eye was fixed, but they claimed it was a TKO on Vitor's part so Randy got the rematch, so that title reign is debatable if should count as one or two. Loses to Chuck by knock out. Randy who has never been know as a submission specialist Taps out Mike Van Arsdale. Maybe the UFC was thinking that Randy could tap out Chuck or the fact that they both beat each other by a non debatable knock out it warranted a rubber match, Of course we all know he lost that. Tim Sylvia had gone through any viable contender at heavyweight, so when he came back I guess you could say he was handed a title shot against Tim. But if they they couldn't find a contender for Tim, what makes you think they could have found Randy somebody to fight? In his career he has had 5 UFC title shots

2 of those should be considered 1 (the whole Vitor situation) He only "lost" the heavyweight title once (so his heavyweight reign should be considered 1). The last title shot was against Tim Sylvia and whether he was handed that one is debatable.

Granted I wouldn't call him the greatest he is defiantly top 5. That should warrant a place in the Hall of Fame.

+ 1

@qaz

please stop watching mma.. its not for kids like u....go back to wwe.....we dont need u in here at all.....MMA is fine w/o u trolls

Randy "The Natural" Couture IS and SHOULD be in the Hall of Fame. He is one of two guys to win the belt in two different weight Classes. He has betten the odds so many times. People saying hes to old and crap' date=' but he always proves them wrong. And he always puts on a pretty good fight too.[/quote']

who is the other guy to win two belts in two weight classes?

randy revolutionized the sport along with chuck they are the 2 most recoginizable people from the ufc of all time. Randy beat plenty of odds, he has wins over vitor 2x, chuck, tito, gonzaga, won the title in 2 different divisions, UFC 13 tourney winner and he did it all past the age of 33 i believe HOF for sure for captain america

he won the belts though' date=' only two people in the ufc have won belts in two different weight classes. i know hendo did it at the same time in pride. maybe i didnt understand the question.[/quote']

oh yeah, i thought it was who won the belts 2 times in 2 diff. weight classes? not sure came to the discussion late

ok there are some points to be made here. randy was alot more impressive earlier in his career. lately he has dropped 5 of his last 9 and has lost his last 2 straight so i can see why someone who just started watching doesnt get the couture thing. but understand that earlier in his career he had some really impressive wins and some great battles. he then became the face of mma. as he's aged he's taken on a new role. the more time passes the more advanced and technical the fighters get. they keep getting younger and randy just keeps getting older. but despite all of that he still has the attitude" doesnt matter if your the bad boy tito, or the unbeatable chuck, or the legend nog, or the new big thing brock.......im gonna come out there and punch you in the face and dare you to stop me". and people as a whole love that concept. not to mention he's an all american guy that just about anyone can relate to.

ok there are some points to be made here. randy was alot more impressive earlier in his career. lately he has dropped 5 of his last 9 and has lost his last 2 straight so i can see why someone who just started watching doesnt get the couture thing. but understand that earlier in his career he had some really impressive wins and some great battles. he then became the face of mma. as he's aged he's taken on a new role. the more time passes the more advanced and technical the fighters get. they keep getting younger and randy just keeps getting older. but despite all of that he still has the attitude" doesnt matter if your the bad boy tito' date=' or the unbeatable chuck, or the legend nog, or the new big thing brock.......im gonna come out there and punch you in the face and dare you to stop me". and people as a whole love that concept. not to mention he's an all american guy that just about anyone can relate to.[/quote']

Yep pretty much agree. Its his persona and his earlier wins that give him the praise. He is obsolete these days. He cant take a hit like he used to either.

Randy needs to be on the undercard after 2 straight losses. I am glad he gets a lesser opponent in brandon vera. He cant hang with top guys at all.

Dude did you just start watching UFC last year? I'm sure you at least saw Couture bust Lesnar open. Bet you thought Randy didnt deserve to be there. Do you even know who Randy has fought and won or lost to? These guys that have to win 5 in a row are fighting guys that arent even ranked top 20.

Cmon what about the Tim Sylvia fight? You forget he dropped his big ole *** in the first 40 seconds and pounded him for 25 minutes? He gave up 6 inches and 60 pounds to Sylvia. Then he demolished Gabriel Gozaga right after.

Thats just the last 2 plus years. Bet you didn't know who Vitor Belfort was before last month. Randy lost the belt to Vitor due to scrape of his eye like 7 years ago.

Bottomline is that you don't know jack about who deserves to be in the hall of fame or anything else about MMA i'd bet. You dont know anything about how this sport has evolved over the last 10 plus years. You really should retire your screen name and never post again. But by all means keep buying Pay Per Views...us real fans appreciate it!:cool:

Archived