Favourite Sports

unit372

Ok I thought it would be interesting (I'm probably wrong) to get an idea of what other sports MMA fans like to watch (or play) I'm going to go ahead with my own choices and with reasons why. Feel free to add sports you least like to watch.

I'm going to break down the list into two, 1v1 and Team sports.

1v1

1: MMA - OK this is number one obviously, by far the best 1v1 sport to watch for lots of good reasons but mainly because of it's truely competitive nature, it's fast paced and it's exciting. Not only best 1v1 sport but best sport overall.

2: Tennis - High pace, I think it's a good sport that requires technique and great athleticism. This may be number two on my very short list (of two) but I'll add here that the gap between these two sports for me is quite large. I don't go out of my way to watch tennis like I do UFC, thats for sure.

3: ? I don't think there is a third 1v1 sport I watch, would like to see what your choices are.

Team

1: Football - Thats soccer for the uneducated ;) If you don't already know it's the most watched sport in the world, ever. My reasons for watching this sport (and you will probably start to notice a trend here) is that the top teams can produce highly exciting games almost constantly, the speed and technique of the players and the pace of the game is generally very high and makes up for the fact that it isn't a full contact sport.

2: Rugby League - The more 'exciting' version of Rugby. Power, Speed and big hits (the tackles in this are definitely the hardest of all contact sports). Great to watch and hard for me to choose as second favourite sport to watch, definitely my favourite full contact team sport.

3: Rugby Union - Still a favourite of mine although I will admit to, while watching Rugby, would much rather be watching League lol. I do prefer to watch Rugby 7's as the games have a faster pace.

Sports that didn't get a mention:

NBA (Don't get to watch enough of it anymore to know if it's still as good as when I did watch it)

NHL (Same with NBA but even worse it's almost impossible to watch any of this sport as it gets no coverage at all where I am)

Golf (I like golf, I enjoy playing it and don't mind watching it. Purely technical game. I don't consider it a sport, since I don't consider golfers to be 'athletes'.)

NFL (Can't stand watching this sport it is far to stop-start for me, I don't enjoy sports that can't keep a good pace for the duration.)

Golf.

NFL

CFL

hockey has lost its' luster for me.

To each his own in terms of what is a sport and what isn't...hunting is called a sport, darts a sport, car racing, fishing, bowling etc etc etc. Depends where you draw the line. To me, sport is a test of skill involving anything with physical exertion....some are just more physical than others. A spelling bee isn't a sport...lol.

I play ice hockey and love watching the NHL. Where are you located man?

I live in New Zealand now' date=' where I was born, and I only ever got to watch ice hockey (highlights at most) when I was living in the U.K a few years ago. Loved it, just so fast and totally brutal checks (tackles? not sure the right term) and even legitimate brawling on the ice! LOL you can't ask for much more in a sport if you ask me.

To each his own in terms of what is a sport and what isn't...hunting is called a sport, darts a sport, car racing, fishing, bowling etc etc etc. Depends where you draw the line. To me, sport is a test of skill involving anything with physical exertion....some are just more physical than others. A spelling bee isn't a sport...lol.

So true, but if anybody can actually call what the WWE does a sport I'd have to laugh at them. Talent and altheticism required no doubt but strictly entertainment imo. I almost put darts up as 3rd on my 1v1 faves but couln't bring myself to do it, like you say it's all a matter of opinion but I can't consider them as athletes. Most of them can't see their toes ffs.

Soccer - I almost made it to the pros and played a good standard up till i was 29 (6yrs ago)

Judo - My 1st venture into martial arts where i gained my black belt

MMA - Obviously, mostly spectating now

Golf - Handicap of 8, spent more time on it since i quit soccer

Boxing - Love it, wasnt allowed to go as a kid as my mum said it ould ruin my good looks :)

Since i got ESPN on satellite ive been spending a lot of time late at night watching baseball, never thought i would get into it but i really am now

Archived