Top 10 UFC heavyweights

BartKrol

My top 10 UFC heavy weights:

1. Lesner (I can not deny it anymore :)

2. Carwin (we will see who is # one soon)

3. Cain (I still have some doubts about Cain?s punching power)

3. Dos Santos (I still have some doubts about Dos Santos?s ground game but if Dos Santos wins with Gonzaga he is #3 IMO)

5. Nogueira (Nogueira vs Cain anyone?)

5. Mir (I think Mir?s stand up is a suspect, I will put him as #5 once he wins over Kongo)

5. Gonzaga (Gonzaga?s win over Dos Santos will put him in #4)

8. Kongo

9. Couture (I do not think he can win with any of the top 4 anymore, but anyone else is a game for Couture)

10. Struve (I think this guy is a future of HW, 10 pound more and he will be a threat to anyone in HW)

10. Cro-Cop (so he lost to Dos Santos ? whatever ? he can still beat anyone but top 4 fighters)

No! What is Nogueira doing at number 5? and Carwin at 2? He's beaten one credible person in his entire career! Dos Santos is up there, but not above Nogueira! I think it goes Lesnar, Mir probably, then Nogueira, followed by Cain or Dos Santos, then Carwin and then people such as Gonzaga etc.

No! What is Nogueira doing at number 5? and Carwin at 2? He's beaten one credible person in his entire career! Dos Santos is up there' date=' but not above Nogueira! I think it goes Lesnar, Mir probably, then Nogueira, followed by Cain or Dos Santos, then Carwin and then people such as Gonzaga etc.[/quote']

I do not judge fighters' past but their current position IMO. I know it is very subjective, but this is my ranking and anyone may have his/her own opinion :)

Velasquez & dos Santos are the future of the UFC-HWD, obviously .

When & if Strikeforce goes belly-up, perhaps we can include :

The Baby-Face Assassin (3 of his 5 losses are to Crocop, Rizzo & Nogueira the other two),

Antonio "Brasileiro" Silva (13-1, he gets Werdum 11/7),

& of course, no HW picture is complete without Emelianenko ...

(we all know about Barnetts' & Silvas' steroid controversies, no need to comment)

Would love to see cain vs nogueria or even cain vs mir. I just don't think he is ready for lesnar. Carwin its hard to say really gonzaga had him knocked out on his feet n he snapped out real quick n tapped him on the chin. Is lesnar unbeatable? Or does the fedor fight really need to happen.

1. Lesnar

2. Carwin

3. Nog

4. Mir

5. Couture

6. Cain

7. Gonzaga

8. Dos Santos

9. Kongo

10. Struve

How in the heck do you have Carwin at #2? He's beat one legit HW. Because he's fighting Brock, doesn't mean he's #2. UFC doesn't work how boxing works. How in the heck do you have Gonzaga or Couture above Dos Santos? And Struve? LOL. This list contains most of the players, but your ranks are on acid, and Struve isn't a Top 10 yet.

An accurate list would be

1. Lesnar

2. Nogueira

3. Mir

4. Dos Santos

5. Velasquez

6. Carwin

7. Couture

8. Gonzaga

9. Kongo

10. Clay Guida

Guida takes the 10 spot, cause there are only 9 legit HWs in the UFC, 1 is dropping to LHW, and 3 are highly overrated. Guida at the 10 spot shows how weak the division really is. You can replace Guida with real HW Struve if it makes you sleep better.

How in the heck do you have Carwin at #2? He's beat one legit HW. Because he's fighting Brock' date=' doesn't mean he's #2. UFC doesn't work how boxing works. How in the heck do you have Gonzaga or Couture above Dos Santos? And Struve? LOL. This list contains most of the players, but your ranks are on acid, and Struve isn't a Top 10 yet.

An accurate list would be

1. Lesnar

2. Nogueira

3. Mir

4. Dos Santos

5. Velasquez

6. Carwin

7. Couture

8. Gonzaga

9. Kongo

10. Clay Guida

Guida takes the 10 spot, cause there are only 9 legit HWs in the UFC, 1 is dropping to LHW, and 3 are highly overrated. Guida at the 10 spot shows how weak the division really is. You can replace Guida with real HW Struve if it makes you sleep better.[/quote']

I agree with your list entirely, however I'd feel obliged to swap Mir and Nogueira around as it would seem illogical for Mir to be below him considering he defeated Mir, no matter what the circumstances.

Sorry folks but Mir is not in top 4 HW. True he won with Lesner (when Lesner was still green) and he bit Nogueira (when Nogueira was sick) but these fights were just a fluxes and they would never end the same again. Ever.

And I put Carwin as #2 because I think he is the only one who can bit Lesner at this point. And Lesner is #1.

Sorry folks but Mir is not in top 4 HW. True he won with Lesner (when Lesner was still green) and he bit Nogueira (when Nogueira was sick) but these fights were just a fluxes and they would never end the same again. Ever.

And I put Carwin as #2 because I think he is the only one who can bit Lesner at this point. And Lesner is #1.

Doesn't change the fact that he still beat them. That makes him in the top 4.

And Carwin is not the only one who could beat him. I see Nog and even Mir being able to catch him in another sub. And Dos Santos catching him and putting him to sleep. The only legit fighter Carwin has beaten is Gonzaga so that doesn't make him second.

LoL' date=' finally a serious division!

But I would claim that The Hulk would so beat Mr. Norris as long as they use the original UFC rules that is.[/quote']

Well I'm not too sure about that.

What I am sure about is when the Hulk gets mad he turns into Chuck Norris...:eek:

Seems like a stretch to even find 10 guys to put on this list. I was impressed with Stephan Struve at 104 but i am not ready to put him on the list. I haven't seen Mirko even want to fight in awhile and don't think Kongo can get past anyone in top 5 without being able to work from bottom position.

Lesnar ( I don't like it but yes)

Mir

Nog

Carwin

Velasquez

The next 5 spots are up for grabs

A friend of mine and I are working on a ranking system based on a fighter's last 5 fights. We figured 5 fights was a good balance to show long standing dominance, and current relevance. In a current discussion, it wouldn't be fair to give somebody like Fedor urealistic points for fights that occurred 6-8 years ago. Hence last five fights does a good job of finding the balance. We've included about 10 statistical categories to rank them, and as of now, our list of HW's looks like this. It is still a work in progress, but in my mind, we're onto something legitimate.

Noobs will not understand how Big Nog is ranked ahead of Lesnar, but others will. Here's the Top 10 HWs based on my own technical rankings.

1. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

2. Brock Lesnar

3. Fedor Emelianenko

4. Frank Mir

5. Junior Dos Santos

6. Brett Rogers

7. Josh Barnett

8. Shane Carwin

9. Cain Velasquez

10. Fabricio Werdum

Please keep in mind that I absolutely hate Lesnar, Mir and Barnett, so you can understand that this list has no bias whatsoever. It's based solely on legitimate numbers. That I had to type Lesnar's name ahead of Fedor pained me, please understand.

Seems like a stretch to even find 10 guys to put on this list

I completely agree.Here's mine

1.Lesnar (power, size, great wrestler)

2.Nogueira (still asking myself wth happened at UFC92)

3.Carwin (size, good wrestler, rly heavy hands, could easily catch the following):

4.Mir (great at submissions, therefore dangerous on the ground)

5.Velasquez (good wrestler, not to sure about his punch power)

Mir just put such a beating on Nog that ranking him UNDER Nog seems crazy.

It wasn;t even a fight.

That would be due to the fact that Nogueira was in a hospital for 3 days, 1 week before the fight. Staph son. You didn't see a nearly 20 lbs overweight Nog? Regardless, that was his only loss in his last 5 fights. He's most definitely a higher ranked HW than Mir, statistically or otherwise.

A friend of mine and I are working on a ranking system based on a fighter's last 5 fights. We figured 5 fights was a good balance to show long standing dominance' date=' and current relevance. In a current discussion, it wouldn't be fair to give somebody like Fedor urealistic points for fights that occurred 6-8 years ago. Hence last five fights does a good job of finding the balance. We've included about 10 statistical categories to rank them, and as of now, our list of HW's looks like this. It is still a work in progress, but in my mind, we're onto something legitimate.

.[/quote']

Well how does your ranking work? What factors do you use? You should use some time factor (this years fights should have higher weight then last years and so on).

Archived