who will walk out of the UFC next??

team_uk

I dunno but UFC and Dana White better be careful. He could take a look at wat WCW did when they got Hulk Hogan and started slowly stealing WWE's talent until they had the better show and slowly started beating them in the television ratings month after month. He better hang on to his fighters cause it could only take 2 or 3 big UFC (guys like Hendo) to move to Strikeforce and with what they already have....

I dunno but UFC and Dana White better be careful. He could take a look at wat WCW did when they got Hulk Hogan and started slowly stealing WWE's talent until they had the better show and slowly started beating them in the television ratings month after month. He better hang on to his fighters cause it could only take 2 or 3 big UFC (guys like Hendo) to move to Strikeforce and with what they already have....

And where are WCW now?

Please don't use pro-wrestling analogies when discussing MMA...EVER.

DOODS STOP WITH THE UFC IS GOING DOWN THREADS.

UFC is a MONSTER in MMA. In fact UFC is one of the best brands in all of the business world. Companies, not just MMA promotions look to UFC to emulate it as one of the most successful brands.

You guys are f@CKING tarded if you think one man or even 30 fighters left it would hurt the UFC. They'd just get new people who DESPARATELY WANT TO JOIN, promote them like they have in the past and people will give them money. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Fertittas and DW are rolling in your DOUGH. They wipe their @sses with the money you spent on that UFC tshirt or hat. the gate money, the ads, PPV, endorsements

I dont wanna compare it to wwe wrestling anymore than anyone else but i think everyone gets favorite fighters and wants to see those guys fight ,if they dont have the top fighters then no one will watch ,who cares about the brand new guys no one knows about they gotta build their rep,I think thats what the ufc has ,they dont have gimic's ,they dont have fire works and smoke like pride did which i wish they did but they dont need to because they have the top talent and best fighters in the world.

I'm disappointed that we may lose Hendo. However, competition is a good thing. If Strikeforce became some monster company with lots of fans and a huge list of talented fighters, it would force the UFC to get better. Put on better fights, seek out new talented fighters, etc. Thus forcing Strikeforce to do the same. It would only get better for us, the fans.

I dont wanna compare it to wwe wrestling anymore than anyone else but i think everyone gets favorite fighters and wants to see those guys fight ' date='if they dont have the top fighters then no one will watch ,who cares about the brand new guys no one knows about they gotta build their rep,I think thats what the ufc has ,they dont have gimic's ,they dont have fire works and smoke like pride did which i wish they did but they dont need to because they have the top talent and best fighters in the world.[/quote']

UFC isn't no where WWE in comparison two different companies entirely no similarities. UFC is isn't "gimimcked" to get more viewers. And if you only watch UFC to see certain fighters then your not an MMA fan. MMA fans will watch the product to see quality fights, not two 40 yr olds who were studs in their 20's and early 30's. If they can "bring it" and put on a good fight then people will like those new guys that nobody has heard of.

IF you wanna compare the WWE to UFC and the fighters nobody knows about, take a look at WWE what happens when a big name is out due to injury or leaves the company for retirement or another promotion. They fill that void with a storyline to elevate a guy that nobody paid attention to at first. The Rock for example, his first try in WWE the fans chanted "die rocky die" everytime the guy came out, WWE created a storyline that made him a fan favorite and one of the most popular guys in WWE, he left for acting and they put another guy in his place.

It's a never ending cycle in any sport that when guys too old or can't cut the mustard any more someone else steps in and takes over that spot. DOesn't matter who they are they are replaceable.

I think for MMA to be the sport everyone wants it other organizations have to step up and become something worth watching and not go bankrupt after 6 months. Strikeforce seems to be on the right track but only time will tell. There is definitely enough talent for both organizations to be highly successful and it can only be good for the sport.

I think Borck Lesnar will be the next guy to jump ship.

There's nothing for him in the UFC except fights aginst nobodies like Carwin' date=' which only the hard core want to see.

The only HW fight anyone is interested in is Lesnar/Fedor and that isn;t going to happen so long as Lesnar is stuck fight tomatoe cans in the UFC.[/quote']

Good point. Anyone know how many fights Brock has left on his contract. While I am optimistic about someone beating Brock I think Lesnar/Fedor is a fight that needs to happen one way or another.

To answer the question' date=' hopefully some of these so called "fans" that do nothing but whine.[/quote']

Technically "fans" can't walk out of the UFC unless they are walking out of an event and that's unlikely, as far for fighters, i'm thinking Mir if he losses to Kongo his ego will take such a devastating blow he won't be able to recover and will hopefully fade away...

There's nothing for him in the UFC except fights aginst nobodies like Carwin' date=' which only the hard core want to see.

The only HW fight anyone is interested in is Lesnar/Fedor and that isn;t going to happen so long as Lesnar is stuck fight tomatoe cans in the UFC.[/quote']

Good point. Anyone know how many fights Brock has left on his contract. While I am optimistic about someone beating Brock I think Lesnar/Fedor is a fight that needs to happen one way or another.

HE'S HAD 5 ****IN FIGHTS!!! We still dont even know if Brock turns out to be a can.. If you've watched MMA for more then a year you would remember a guy named Mark Kerr that came from a very similar background and had early success. Where is Mark Kerr now? He's fighting in a small promotion with a 15-11 record. People just love riding that hype train in the modern UFC.

HE'S HAD 5 ****IN FIGHTS!!! We still dont even know if Brock turns out to be a can.. If you've watched MMA for more then a year you would remember a guy named Mark Kerr that came from a very similar background and had early success. Where is Mark Kerr now? He's fighting in a small promotion with a 15-11 record. People just love riding that hype train in the modern UFC.

I was more commenting on the idea of Brock fighting Fedor and I think i could see Brock leaving the UFC if he got a couple more wins to get this fight.

Furthermore the idea of someone leaving the UFC to fight Fedor has never really crossed my mind but in some ways it makes sense if Fedor is not fighting in the UFC. Maybe it won't even be Brock who knows.

Eventually there has to be other shows for this sport to grow. The UFC can't be the only game in town and isn't even the only game right now.

Mark Coleman was 6-0 at one time, and looked to be unstoppable. Then he ran into Maurice Smith and lost 4 in a row.

And I know Kerr was like 12-0' date=' but just giving another example.[/quote']

It seems as though the new influx of fans doesnt want to do any research on the history of the sport. They just eats up whatever the UFC throws at them. I am trying to educate a few but it always helps to have second opinions and more examples of the point. ;)

Did Mark Kerr beat up Randy Coutre and Frank Mir?

It isn;t just that he won those fight, but the way he physically destroyed those two - not to mention Heath Herring.\\\\

Don;t get me wrong, I think (and hope) Fedor is going to kill him, but other than Fedor I just don;t see a fight out there. I hope Carwin proves me wrong.

Dude areucrazy!!!!!!!!!!! Nobodies like Carwin??????????

Let me guess...you started watching UFC when you heard Brock was coming over from wrestling right?

Anyway that tomato can is likely going to knock Brock out. Do you even know who Carwin is? Dont answer that...you wouldnt have written that if you did.

Carwin is not going to get squat PPV buys.

Nobody knows who he is outside of hard core MMA fans who are going to buy anything the UFC serves up anyway.

Furthermore, Lesnar could KO Carwin and Cain in the first round and still not get any more credibility with MMA fans than he has now - because they are both nobodies.

Unless and until he beats Fedor he is not going to be considered the best HW on the planet and that is all he is interested in and that is why I thinbk he will step outsde of the UFC in order to get Fedor.

(and to answer your question the first MMA fight I watched was Jennum/Howard. How about you)

Kerr was so dominant until he left the structure and stability of the UFC, I think with Brock win or lose if he stays healthy and is willing to learn all aspects of MMA and increase his very limited, dominant, but limited skill set he can be just as dominant as Fedor.

Isn't it funny how all threads seem to lead back to the same arguments. At least this one we got to talk about Mark Kerr, which is more press than he is gotten in a long time. I can see some similarities to the new found success Brock is having but Kerr's story seems quite different. In my opinion even if Brock continues to be successful in the UFC he will never get the acceptance of the "true fans". If he loses then he is a hack and washed up. Is the only way to be legit at heavyweight to beat Fedor? It would seem that way.

I don't really think Brock is going anywhere. I don't know when or to who he is going to lose to but I think if Strikeforce does sign Henderson it will make a few fighters take notice. Having a belt in the UFC is top of the mountain but I am sure there are plenty of guys just looking to paid. By signing Hendo and Fedor they give the impression they have money to spend. They may not have a dime but that is the perception.

Isn't it funny how all threads seem to lead back to the same arguments. At least this one we got to talk about Mark Kerr' date=' which is more press than he is gotten in a long time. I can see some similarities to the new found success Brock is having but Kerr's story seems quite different. In my opinion even if Brock continues to be successful in the UFC he will never get the acceptance of the "true fans". If he loses then he is a hack and washed up. Is the only way to be legit at heavyweight to beat Fedor? It would seem that way.

I don't really think Brock is going anywhere. I don't know when or to who he is going to lose to but I think if Strikeforce does sign Henderson it will make a few fighters take notice. Having a belt in the UFC is top of the mountain but I am sure there are plenty of guys just looking to paid. By signing Hendo and Fedor they give the impression they have money to spend. They may not have a dime but that is the perception.[/quote']

I think you're quite mistaken. Fact of the matter remains that you have people on this forum, daily, claiming Brock is the top of the heap with the HW division. AT 4-1!!! It's that same ignorance that makes people think that Lesnar needs to beat Fedor to be considered the best.

In fact IMO it's quite the opposite. Many of your hardcore fans want him to break in his workout clothes in MMA so to speak, before he starts getting recognition for being even in the top 5 P4P discussions. Yes, he's the champion, yes he earned it through the oppurtunities given to him. Is he anywhere near the best in the business??? HELL NO!!!

Archived