Who's the best

RECKLESS96

who do you think is better GSP or Anderson. Im not asking who will win in a fight im asking right now who is more dominant, whos had better wins, and when their careers are over right now whos known as the greatest

in my opinion I will have to go with GSP cause theres more to beat in the welterweight diviosion

who do you think is better GSP or Anderson. Im not asking who will win in a fight im asking right now who is more dominant' date=' whos had better wins, and when their careers are over right now whos known as the greatest

in my opinion I will have to go with GSP cause theres more to beat in the welterweight diviosion[/quote']

let them decide in late 2010 .. ;)

who do you think is better GSP or Anderson. Im not asking who will win in a fight im asking right now who is more dominant' date=' whos had better wins, and when their careers are over right now whos known as the greatest

in my opinion I will have to go with GSP cause theres more to beat in the welterweight diviosion[/quote']

I think right now I'd go with Silva because he's dominated the top flight competition in two divisions. But George will someday retire as the greatest ever. That's what I think.

well GSP has obviously beaten better fighters to get to where he is. Anderson hasnt fought tomato cans, but his level of competition has definitely been easier. its also because GSP has no weakness, he is good in evey area. anderson on the other hand has fairly poor wrestling, so GSP is also a more complete fighter

I have to agree. GSP had to beat Hughes. Silva only had to beat Franklin. Not to dis Franklin but he is not in the same class as Hughes

Franklin is a monster too. I think at the time when they both took their belts they beat two fighters who were believed to be invincible.

But with GSP losing to Hughes and Serra and barely squeeking by with that SD over Penn. I think he's had more slips than Silva.

I think right now I'd go with Silva because he's dominated the top flight competition in two divisions. But George will someday retire as the greatest ever. That's what I think.

I kinda agree I think GSP will end up being better then Anderson but not the greatest. Unless he wins the Middleweight title , but for now and maybe forever its Wanderlei

I kinda agree I think GSP will end up being better then Anderson but not the greatest. Unless he wins the Middleweight title ' date=' but for now and maybe forever its [b']Wanderlei[/b]

wanderlei is easily one of my favorite fighters, but he is not the best. he is without a doubt the most exciting and fun to watch, but skill-wise he isnt at the same level as anderson or GSP. but his insane 5 year domination in PRIDE (and i believe 19 fight win streak?) is something we will probably never see again

wanderlei is easily one of my favorite fighters' date=' but he is not the best. he is without a doubt the most exciting and fun to watch, but skill-wise he isnt at the same level as anderson or GSP. but his insane 5 year domination in PRIDE (and i believe 19 fight win streak?) is something we will probably never see again[/quote']

Wanderlei dominated when there was the most competion and the way he did it is unbeliveble.Him in his pime could beat anyone Fedor, anderson,GSP,randy,matt anyone. We will be lucky to get anyone like him again

i would have to say gsp is the more well rounded fighter and more skilled overall. but his striking isnt at the same level as andersons, i really believe their jits is about the same. anyone can give the argument that silva is a bb under the noguieras, but he got mounted and almost got armbarred by travis lutter.

[b']in my opinion I will have to go with GSP cause theres more to beat in the welterweight diviosion[/b]

i completely disagree with that.. whats left to beat?? mike swick?? dan hardy?? those guys arent top level fighters..

Anderson has guys like Shogun, Marquardt, Hendo, Evans, Mousasi, and others to face who are top level fighters.. and maybe even top 10 p4p fighters..

Anderson has deffinately had a more dominant UFC career.. and is switching weight classes to make it even more dominant.. not saying Griffin is the best or anything but any1 who could make Griffin look like a beginner is something else.. Anderson silva is at the least the p4p best fighter in the world..

(My username was made to piss people off since this is a UFC forum.. so yes i do believe Anderson is the p4p best.. dont like him but hes a beast..)

Its hard too compare the two. They both are extremely talented athletes. As far as resumes go. I think GSP is better fighter in his weight class only because of the fighters he has been through. Yes Silva has "destroyed people" but look at them. The only person I give him props for beating is Hendo and Franklin. On the other hand GSP has beaten guys like Hughes, Alves, Fitch, Koscheck etc. He hasnt had as many knockouts or short wins in his fights but he controls the fights almost 100% of the time. Has been in 4th and 5th rounds a lot and still doesnt get tired. Its a hard comparision. Either of the two dont win my decision by a long shot but I will have too give it too my boy GSP

well GSP has obviously beaten better fighters to get to where he is. Anderson hasnt fought tomato cans' date=' but his level of competition has definitely been easier. its also because GSP has no weakness, he is good in evey area. anderson on the other hand has fairly poor wrestling, so GSP is also a more complete fighter[/quote']

now i may be misremembering but im pretty sure he submitted dan henderson and travis lutter, so his wrestling doesnt matter if he submits them.

People are saying on this blog that the only good fighter Silva beat is Franklin. That is a complete joke, Did you forget that he submitted Dan Henderson, a champion in 2 weight classes in pride. He knocked out Forest Griffin and oh yeah he knocked out Marquardt too.

Silva could be Light heavyweight champion, middle weight champ and welter weight champ.

Archived