Brett Rogers WILL NOT get a rematch

Exodus9mm

Education time, hosers.

For all of you who believe Rogers "deserves" a rematch or even worse, will actually get one, need a reality check.

Sure he faired well against the baddest man on the planet - better than two longtime UFC HW champions did. Unfortunately, he's an up-an-comer, and just got KTFO. When you get KTFO, you don't start rambling on about rematches. That's like Ali KOing somebody at 10-0, and then having them claim they deserve a rematch. LOL. You gotta be kidding me.

Most fighters would be hard pressed to have earned a shot against Emelianenko just once in their career. To believe you deserve a second chance after getting so obliterated, is hilarious. You had your chance big boy, but your best wasn't good enough. Just another huge, respectable win on the legacy of the baddest man on the planet.

Fedor was respectful in the post-fight comments by not saying no to the idea of a rematch, but it won't happen. At least not for a couple of years at best.

Remember, Overeem has the belt. This wasn't even a title fight.

Fedor will fight Overeem in early 2010, and finish his contract against Werdum or Silva.

I don't care if he gets it or not, but if he does i'd like to see it. Unfortunately i don't think Strikeforce puts Fedor on nationally televised events anymore. From now on you'll have to either buy the PPV or if they still put events on showtime, pay for the extra channels to see him fight.

fedor is the best ever ive been saying that for a long time. i wonder if the haters can see clearly now, i mean how can you doubt him. now back to the thread i myself was laughing at the idea of a rematch he was clearly dominated and then got dropped. he doesnt deserve one scott coker better give him a title shot next fight he should have gotten it for his first fight.

Brett Rogers had NO chance against Fedor. It was all the hype that made it seem like Rogers was going too hand Fedor a whopping. Rogers has not faught any credible names ever until last night. Look what happened when he did. Gets KO in the beginning of the second round. He does not deserve a rematch. It would end faster then the first. I dont get how some of you can just bash on Fedor saying he has no credible wins or he isnt the best mma ever. I think he proved that he was every time he came out the victor. This man is the best in the world. Regardless of what anyone says.

Favorite Fighters:

Fedor

GSP

Shogun

Mousasi

Shields

Couture

Education time' date=' hosers.

For all of you who believe Rogers "deserves" a rematch or even worse, will actually get one, need a reality check.

Sure he faired well against the baddest man on the planet - better than two longtime UFC HW champions did. Unfortunately, he's an up-an-comer, and just got KTFO. When you get KTFO, you don't start rambling on about rematches. That's like Ali KOing somebody at 10-0, and then having them claim they deserve a rematch. LOL. You gotta be kidding me.

Most fighters would be hard pressed to have earned a shot against Emelianenko just once in their career. To believe you deserve a second chance after getting so obliterated, is hilarious. You had your chance big boy, but your best wasn't good enough. Just another huge, respectable win on the legacy of the baddest man on the planet.

Fedor was respectful in the post-fight comments by not saying no to the idea of a rematch, but it won't happen. At least not for a couple of years at best.

Fedor will fight Overeem in early 2010, and finish his contract against Werdum or Silva.[/quote']

I don't think that black announcer dude should have never even mentioned it. As soon as he said that I was like WTF? That puts Fedor on the spot now he has to come up with a way to tactfully decline. I would have said it's up to the match makers.

How can you get a quick rematch when you got decisively stopped without an controversy? If that was so then imagine the Spider fighting all his victims over again. It's just not good matchmaking and not good MMA.

Brett is a skilled fighter, people keep taking that from him. I would rank him better than Lesnar. Brett should move of and keep plugging away he will do well.

Brett Rogers had NO chance against Fedor. It was all the hype that made it seem like Rogers was going too hand Fedor a whopping. Rogers has not faught any credible names ever until last night. Look what happened when he did. Gets KO in the beginning of the second round. He does not deserve a rematch. It would end faster then the first. I dont get how some of you can just bash on Fedor saying he has no credible wins or he isnt the best mma ever. I think he proved that he was every time he came out the victor. This man is the best in the world. Regardless of what anyone says.

Who believed Rogers was gonna give Fedor a whooping? Maybe the noobs on here who've seen 2 Fedor fights, and 1 Rogers fight. Nobody in their right mind had Rogers winning, and last night showed exactly why. In fact, Fedor went one beyond expectations, and knocked him the f*ck out. All fans and analysts had Fedor via submission, but rarely did the idea of him knocking out a man who stands nearly 6'5, and weighs 280, come into play.

As stated before, Rogers is equally as challenging of an opponent for Fedor, as Carwin would be to Lesnar. He's a Top 10 world HW, and this is not debatable.

Education time' date=' hosers.

Fedor will fight Overeem in early 2010, and finish his contract against Werdum or Silva.[/quote']

as usual, Ex9mm is ahead of the curve, there was no cred for fedor w/ grim & there will be no cred w/ overeem next spring ... their records are a cred-problem for educated mma fans . Fedor destroyed Grim in 6 minutes 48 seconds w/ a broken nose & hand, .. and the announcers were cued to ask about the rematch, ludicris .... we throw empty cans away in my house-hold .. :rolleyes:

I don't think that black announcer dude should have never even mentioned it. As soon as he said that I was like WTF? That puts Fedor on the spot now he has to come up with a way to tactfully decline. I would have said it's up to the match makers.

How can you get a quick rematch when you got decisively stopped without an controversy? If that was so then imagine the Spider fighting all his victims over again. It's just not good matchmaking and not good MMA.

Brett is a skilled fighter' date=' people keep taking that from him. I would rank him better than Lesnar. Brett should move of and keep plugging away he will do well.[/quote']

Yup, good points. After seeing the fight, I have no doubt in my mind Rogers would blast Lesnar. After this loss, he'll have his eyes on a more similar styled opponent in Brock. He just got a severe wakeup call about what the best really is.

as usual' date=' Ex9mm is ahead of the curve, there was no cred for fedor w/ grim & there will be no cred w/ overeem next spring ... their records are a cred-problem for educated mma fans . Fedor destroyed Grim in 6 minutes 48 seconds w/ a broken nose & hand, .. and the announcers were cued to ask about the rematch, ludicris .... [b']we throw empty cans away in my house-hold [/b].. :rolleyes:

LOL, so true. The "new wave" of UFC fan, who believes UFC is a sport, believe anyone who can land a punch on a champion deserves a rematch. It's embarassing.

LOL' date=' so true. The "new wave" of UFC fan, who believes UFC is a sport, believe anyone who can land a punch on a champion deserves a rematch. It's embarassing.[/quote']

Well, gentlemen of the Fedor Militia, Rogers is far from a can. He would ravage the UFC HW division. When posed with greatness you either rise to the occassion, or fail horribly. Give him a year or two and these fanboys will be begging Dana to sign Rogers.

Well' date=' gentlemen of the Fedor Militia, Rogers is far from a can. He would ravage the UFC HW division. When posed with greatness you either rise to the occassion, or fail horribly. Give him a year or two and these fanboys will be begging Dana to sign Rogers.[/quote']

I agree that grim would expose the ufc-hwd, something dana may regret,

let us remember that lesnar vs fedor loses some appeal if brock takes another loss before they meet ..

I agree that grim would expose the ufc-hwd' date=' something dana may regret,

let us remember that lesnar vs fedor loses some appeal if brock takes another loss before they meet ..[/quote']

Not to mention Strikeforce has signed Bobby Lashley for the cross over appeal aswell. IMO Lashley has shown more MMA skill, all be it against weaker competition, but all it takes is one good fight and Lashley is giving Strikeforce, UFC appeal.

Well' date=' gentlemen of the Fedor Militia, Rogers is far from a can. He would ravage the UFC HW division. When posed with greatness you either rise to the occassion, or fail horribly. Give him a year or two and these fanboys will be begging Dana to sign Rogers.[/quote']

Oh I agree Kevbo, Rogers proved he would be a top force in the UFC. My comments are purely from the idea of Rogers being deserved of a rematch with Emp, after getting KTFO.

First off im a huge fedor fan and was very happy buy last nights fight outcome. On the other hand, Rogers looked really bad and he didnt throw any punches he seemed nervous to choke and he did. He will get his rematch but it will be when fedor and him sign to the UFC!(wishfull thinking). I do wish he was more respectfull at the end of the fight.

Rogers looked really bad
Not at all.

You look only as good as your opponent lets you, my friend.

Rogers did everything as good as he was capable of: he had some vicious strikes, he was fast and active, he defended well against Fedor's submission attempts, he defended well in his guard and avoided Fedor's gnp pretty well, he pressed Fedor againt the cage to do dirty-boxing using his weight advantage.

I'd say he did everything his gameplan should've included.

But Fedor was simply better.

Yawn...so Fattie beat up a part time fighter that will be putting tires on your car later this week. Hey I hear there is a bad a** FedEx Driver in Washington that was part of Team Quest for a couple weeks before he had to go back to work...Let's have Fattie fight him next.

Keep arguing that Fattie doesn't have to fight the best to be the best, then go over to the boxing message board and make the same point about Floyd Mayweather...both former great fighters that have turned into frauds that will never fight a meaningful opponent again.

Yawn...so Fattie beat up a part time fighter that will be putting tires on your car later this week. Hey I hear there is a bad a** FedEx Driver in Washington that was part of Team Quest for a couple weeks before he had to go back to work...Let's have Fattie fight him next.

Keep arguing that Fattie doesn't have to fight the best to be the best' date=' then go over to the boxing message board and make the same point about Floyd Mayweather...both former great fighters that have turned into frauds that will never fight a meaningful opponent again.[/quote']

Settle down AK.

Well said and I completely agree. He's just a new hard on looking to capitalize on this once in a life time dream. He needs to get some time in before he's allowed back in the spotlight like last pm. I didn't particullarly appreciate his post fight antics (especially after the crowd was chanting USA, USA) What a ****ing embarrassing post fight interview too. Okay, he's big and tough. He needs to go back to taking quarters from passers by or get a ****ing Public Relations agent. Or better yet read a ****ing book once in a while.

Keep arguing that Fattie doesn't have to fight the best to be the best' date=' then go over to the boxing message board and make the same point about Floyd Mayweather...both former great fighters that have turned into frauds that will never fight a meaningful opponent again.[/quote']

you make that account just to say that?

well, it was nice knowing you for the all of 3 posts you might have before you leave and are never seen again.

take it back ..

Fedor fought the best already. He's been the number one HW in the world since 2005. He never retired. If anyone (i have a feeling you are a brock fan) wants to be #1 then they have to defeat Fedor.

btw Brock isn't #2. Cain, Dos Santos, Carwin and Rogers all rank above Brock.

Brock is just a one trick pony with a ez route paved for him. he fought a couple has beens and a never was.

Brett Rogers had NO chance against Fedor. It was all the hype that made it seem like Rogers was going too hand Fedor a whopping.

Thats funny seeing that Fedor was a 6 to 1 favorite to win. And Rogers did very well in the first round. He damn near pounded the life out of him at one point, Rogers was able to roll fedor off and get top position (to able him to get back to his feet) at one time. People act like Rogers went in there as a favorite and just got handled. and that wasn't the case at all.

Fedor is the MAN. But give credit where credit is due. Rogers showed up and put on a good show until the TKO.

And he didn't get KTFO he got TKO'd... he was awake and covering his face when it was stopped.

WTF is wrong with people in this thread.. Fedor KO Brett 'The noob' Rogers and suddenly rogers is better than all of the UFC HW division because he overwhelm Fedor with his weight and lasted 6min in the Octagon?

Brock Lesnar would GnP and pinned Rogers. Brock can keep Rogers in the ground.

Frank Mir would sub Rogers under 2minutes.

Cain would destroy Rogers with his wrestling skills.

Carwin well it can go either way unless Carwin submits him

CoCop is washed up but he still poses a threat

The reason why previous UFC HWs lost to Fedor within 1minute is because they all fought in his territory, the ring. it'd have been a different story if they fought in the octagon but the outcome would've been the same.

To all the Brock Lesnar cheerleaders, listen and listen well...

BROCK LESNAR IS A MANUFACTURED CHAMPION....

He has no credible MMA career, he was pushed on the merits of his name only, on the fact that he would bring in lots of WWE fans. Lesnar has no MMA skills, he has been winning by outwrestling his last and only three opponents, he rushes them, gets on top of them and begins punching. Who has this guy beaten?? HOnestly please shut me up by pointing out the endless list of top caliber opponents Lesnar has beaten....

Herring

Couture

Mir

... come on!!!! and just when Lesnar is about to get a worthy opponent in front of him, he gets sick.... GETS SICK!!!! HE CALLS IN SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a fkn paper champion! he's training is what he's doing, he knew very well that if he had gotten in front of Carwin this November, CArwin would have owned him with his boxing skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enough already with Lesnar, he's fake, he's in it for the money, he's manufactured, he's vulgar, he's got no class, and he's a coward and his championship is a travesty and a shameful representation of the sport of MMA.

Wake up already you Lesnar b*tches. Lesnar is not an MMA fighter.

Fedor is the real deal!!! If Lesnar or any of the current UFC heavyweights want to prove they are the best, go after Fedor, FEdor doesn't have to come to you, sorry it doesn't work that way, you have to go after him. IT's that simple, it's not complicated! Rogers went after Fedor, win or lose I admire that about him and already he's a much better fighter than Lesnar will ever be in my book.

With that said, NO, Rogers doesn't deserve a rematch, it doesn't work that way, you don't get owned in the ring, get knocked the fck out and immediately ask for a rematch...it's prepostorous and insulting, give Fedor the respect and his due credit, he beat you, he was better that night and you will gain fans by admitting it.

Rogers beat Arlovski. I don't know why everybody is saying that this fight was 1 sided. Rogers probably won the first round. I'm not saying he was the better fighter or anything like that, but you can't say that he doesn't have a shot to win. Fedor was hurt twice, once on his feet, and once on the ground. Fedor was def the superior fighter, and will be every time he steps into the cage, but anybody can be beaten.

Archived