How many are watching Strikeforce and is this Card better than 106?

EbzTheKing

just making sure.. you do know the Strikeforce event is 2 weeks before UFC 106.. your making it sound as if we have to choose which we wanna watch.. when we can just watch both.. but if your just comparing them.. then its a 100% fact that the fights on the strikeforce card are way better then UFC 103.. UFC 105.. and UFC 106...

Fedor vs Rogers

Shields vs Mayhem

Mousasi vs Soukoudju

Werdum vs Silva

all great fights all free on CBS..

the strikeforce card is IMO opinion better than any free card that the UFC has ever put on

fedor vs (fill in name)......it doesnt matter who, i just love watching fedor fight

Mousasi vs soukodjou.....mousasi will be a UFc champ one day

shields vs mayhem.......thats gonna be a sick fight, mayhem is wild and shields is one of the top WW in the world

Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva vs Fabricio "Vai-Cavalo" Werdum

Shields vs Mayhem for the title

I agree Mousasi vs Sokoudjou & Fedor vs Grim will be quickies ...

also November 6th free on Showtime- Evangelista vs Gurgel

never count out Sokoudju.. im pushing for Mousasi to win ofcourse.. ive been a big fan of him since he won the Grand prix.. but imo Sokoudju just hasnt been in the right place at the right times.. after this Mousasi fight win or lose.. im sure hell put together a spree of wins cause hes got alot of talent..

just making sure.. you do know the Strikeforce event is 2 weeks before UFC 106.. your making it sound as if we have to choose which we wanna watch.. when we can just watch both.. but if your just comparing them.. then its a 100% fact that the fights on the strikeforce card are way better then UFC 103.. UFC 105.. and UFC 106...

Fedor vs Rogers

Shields vs Mayhem

Mousasi vs Soukoudju

Werdum vs Silva

all great fights all free on CBS..

"The Big Frog" @ 135 was added to the undercard, .. might make it to the televised portion after the fast finishes by the Emp & Mousasi ..

never count out Sokoudju.. im pushing for Mousasi to win ofcourse.. ive been a big fan of him since he won the Grand prix.. but imo Sokoudju just hasnt been in the right place at the right times.. after this Mousasi fight win or lose.. im sure hell put together a spree of wins cause hes got alot of talent..

Sokoudjou gained alot of cred when he took out Rogerio in 23 seconds @ "The Second Coming" ... might have got lucky that night ...

he had the gassing problem also which suggests bad habits ... conversely, Mousasi punched out Babalu in 60 seconds, he also submitted Kang, Manhoef, & Hunt in the 1st round .

Sokoudjou gained alot of cred when he took out Rogerio in 23 seconds @ "The Second Coming" ... might have got lucky that night ...

he had the gassing problem also which suggests bad habits ... conversely' date=' Mousasi punched out Babalu in 60 seconds, he also submitted Kang, Manhoef, & Hunt in the 1st round .[/quote']

Sokoudjou has his moments where he looks great and others where he chokes. And I'm not going to lie I kind of thought Mousasi was a bit over-hyped before I seen him finish Babalu the way he did. I see Mousasi catching him and finishing it early. But great thing about mma is you never know what could happen.

Strikeforce indeed has a better card than UFC 106. Better main event too now. I wonder if Strike is going too do what Elite did......as putting on 2 cards at the same time. 1 event witha main event card on Showtime as the undercard, and their main attraction on CBS. I remember wanting too watch the Bigfoot vs Eilers fight. But at that time I didnt have Showtime. But I saw the Kimbo fight where he lost.

I just wonder if Strike will do the same and show the undercards on Showtime with a main event fight, before the actual card on CBS. Makes a lot of sense..........

Strikeforce indeed has a better card than UFC 106. Better main event too now. I wonder if Strike is going too do what Elite did......as putting on 2 cards at the same time. 1 event witha main event card on Showtime as the undercard' date=' and their main attraction on CBS. I remember wanting too watch the Bigfoot vs Eilers fight. But at that time I didnt have Showtime. But I saw the Kimbo fight where he lost.

I just wonder if Strike will do the same and show the undercards on Showtime with a main event fight, before the actual card on CBS. Makes a lot of sense..........[/quote']

November 6th, Showtime Challenger Series : Evangelista vs Gurgel ..

i bet even dana white is going to watch the fedor fight. the fight card contains former ufc fighters too. brett rogers said after he fights fedor he wants to be in ufc.

... there would be little work for Rogers @ Strikeforce after Fedor, Overeem (guillotined Collosus last week in 33 sec) has called out the Emp for spring ...

... Grim's corner should work the fight from the tail-gate of an ambulance .. :rolleyes:

This card is INSANE, and it's free. Hello.

Fedor. Nuff said. It could be the only fight on the card and it would still be better than 106. I've got Fedor by armbar in less than 2 minutes.

That aside, we've got phenom Gegard Mousasi (who by the way is not overhyped - I've got 19 of his fights on the comp and the kid is FOR REAL) facing Sokoudjou, which should be a tense matchup for sure. Don't rule out Sokoudjou, as we've seen him knockout Little Nog and Arona in devastating fashion. I see Mousasi taking this to the ground and getting the sub, with no problems. Maybe he'll GNP him like he did to Babalu.

Then we get Shields/Miller, which should be a WAR. Very excited for this fight. I've got Miller via KO.

Then we get Bigfoot vs Werdum, a stylistically interesting matchup. I see Werdum landing a kneebar for the win.

Can't friggin wait. After the debacle that was 104, it's nice to have something to look forward to.

This could be the start of a new era in MMA folks, with Strikeforce becoming the predominant player in the game, and the UFC starting to waffle to the backburner as a result of fighters leaving, bad judging, bad pay, Dana White and his drama-queen mentality. Don't believe that your precious UFC is the be all and end all, or will be around forever, fanboys. Mark it down.

This card is INSANE' date=' and it's free. Hello.

Fedor. Nuff said. It could be the only fight on the card and it would still be better than 106. I've got Fedor by armbar in less than 2 minutes.

That aside, we've got phenom Gegard Mousasi (who by the way is not overhyped - I've got 19 of his fights on the comp and the kid is FOR REAL) facing Sokoudjou, which should be a tense matchup for sure. Don't rule out Sokoudjou, as we've seen him knockout Little Nog and Arona in devastating fashion. I see Mousasi taking this to the ground and getting the sub, with no problems. Maybe he'll GNP him like he did to Babalu.

Then we get Shields/Miller, which should be a WAR. Very excited for this fight. I've got Miller via KO.

Then we get Bigfoot vs Werdum, a stylistically interesting matchup. I see Werdum landing a kneebar for the win.

Can't friggin wait. After the debacle that was 104, it's nice to have something to look forward to.

This could be the start of a new era in MMA folks, with Strikeforce becoming the predominant player in the game, and the UFC starting to waffle to the backburner as a result of fighters leaving, bad judging, bad pay, Dana White and his drama-queen mentality. Don't believe that your precious UFC is the be all and end all, or will be around forever, fanboys. Mark it down.[/quote']

... I agree w/ everything here except Shields vs Mayhem, .. Jake has never been KO'd, 10 years ago in his third match he was TKO'd @ 7:34 of the 1st round, Miller will be over-aggressive (ala Ruthless) .. Jake by submission 2nd rd, ... then Mayhem vs Lawlor 2 .

... I agree w/ everything here except Shields vs Mayhem' date=' .. Jake has never been KO'd, 10 years ago in his third match he was TKO'd @ 7:34 of the 1st round, Miller will be over-aggressive (ala Ruthless) .. Jake by submission 2nd rd, ... then Mayhem vs Lawlor 2 .[/quote']

I know Jake has a great noggin, but if somebody can do it, I figure it'll be Mayhem. Although neither guys are notorious KO artists, I'm calling the longshot finish by the underdog. I gotta go big on a least one fight. :)

As usual Berserker, your in depth MMA knowledge is always a welcomed sight.

I know Jake has a great noggin' date=' but if somebody can do it, I figure it'll be Mayhem. Although neither guys are notorious KO artists, I'm calling the longshot finish by the underdog. I gotta go big on a least one fight. :)

As usual Berserker, your in depth MMA knowledge is always a welcomed sight.[/quote']

... you are the #1 mma-gunslinger here Ex9mm, .. gotcha covered .. ;)

Shields is on a great streak and I see him adding another W to it but Mayhem is no joke and I dont wanna see this is an easy prediction.

This thing will either be a quick KO, or a long technical war with FOTN honors. Either way, I'm very excited for this tilt.

All I know is that the upcoming SF card on Nov 7th, is without a doubt, the best free mma card ever shown live on national television. Counting the days.

This thing will either be a quick KO' date=' or a long technical war with FOTN honors. Either way, I'm very excited for this tilt.

All I know is that the upcoming SF card on Nov 7th, is without a doubt, the best free mma card ever shown live on national television. Counting the days.[/quote']

I cant wait either man your exactly right about that. The main card is unbeatable and its on live tv

... I agree w/ everything here except Shields vs Mayhem' date=' .. Jake has never been KO'd, 10 years ago in his third match he was TKO'd @ 7:34 of the 1st round, Miller will be over-aggressive (ala Ruthless) .. Jake by submission 2nd rd, ... then Mayhem vs Lawlor 2 .[/quote']

I was at that fight, Chuck was Main. It is 2:34 second round, Jake's first 5 fights happened in the 8 months after he joined Chuck's SLO Kickboxing club.(won 3,lost 2) Jake was taking a year off of wrestling, he came to classes at SLO, but didn't train (run,lift etc.)

Shields was just fighting for fun. He weighed about 180lbs, so he was fighting 185.

Jake dominated the first round then started the second pretty good, until he TOTALLY GASSED. He started training after that fight. Shields today is one of the best in the world.

Archived