Bad breaks

TheHorror

So I broke my wrist badly on Thursday skateboarding. I've never broken a bone before and I'm afraid that it might permanently alter my fighting ability. My arm looked like a thunder bolt, and the doc put 2 pins in it that will come out in 4-6 weeks. If anyone has had a similar experience I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how severely or if even at all it will alter my fighting?

Bummer, I broke two fingers skateboarding several years ago. Not sure what a wrist while have on your fighting but it took me awhile before I could make a closed fist without the two fingers feeling tight. Doesn't really matter since I don't fight or anything but that was my experience.

Just make sure you do your physical therapy constantly, even if it's something small. I had a clean break so all the doctor told me to do was squeeze a wet sponge, but I still didn't keep up on the schedule as much as I should have. It took a bit longer to recover than it should have. That's my advice, best of luck to you.

I broke both pinkies at the same time playing football when I was 11. My first diving catch, lol. Broke my neck in 98 the night Tennessee beat FSU for the national championship, all of the tendons that connect my right ankle to my foot, 6 small tendons and the medical miniscus in my left knee and 12 tendons in my left elbow. Took about a 8 months to get my legs back under me after the neck. I lied about all of it to get into the Marine Corps and can still hold my own in a fight. You should be good, most of the time where the break heals is stronger than the rest of the bone.

So I broke my wrist badly on Thursday skateboarding. I've never broken a bone before and I'm afraid that it might permanently alter my fighting ability. My arm looked like a thunder bolt' date=' and the doc put 2 pins in it that will come out in 4-6 weeks. If anyone has had a similar experience I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how severely or if even at all it will alter my fighting?[/quote']

I'm going to repost this from my skating thread:

"Worst Injuries Skating: right testicular spillage, 3 cracked ribs, Rebar shoved through left chin (got a fiberglass support disk built into the hole now), complete severance of all connective tissue in my right knee. (if you want more explanation for any of these let me know)."

None of these have really had a perm affect on my fighting but skating for about 7-8 years, off and on, as a big guy it has done its damage to my knees anckles shins and hips.

I'm going to repost this from my skating thread:

"Worst Injuries Skating: right testicular spillage' date=' 3 cracked ribs, Rebar shoved through left chin (got a fiberglass support disk built into the hole now), complete severance of all connective tissue in my right knee. (if you want more explanation for any of these let me know)."

None of these have really had a perm affect on my fighting but skating for about 7-8 years, off and on, as a big guy it has done its damage to my knees anckles shins and hips.[/quote']

wtf is that?!?!

are you flying solo?

I was in a freak accident at work last year a wall collapsed on me broke my left radius (now got 2 metal plates) right ankle (also pinned and plated) left tibia (had to wear ilizarov frame for 8 months and re grow 2 inch of lost bone) minor fracture in my c5 and a fracture to my l1 vertebrate which has 2 metal rods.

wtf is that?!?!

are you flying solo?

t0x:

Both my nuts are intact and functional. I was attempting to slide up a slanted handrial, the rail had a large gouge out of the metal at the very top, past midway up the rail I bailed off my board as I thought I didnt have enough speed, I fell nuts first onto the rail and slid off the end on my crotch.

The gouge in the rail cut through my jeans and my sack and my nut fell out. (kinda like a cheese grater) By the time I got to the Doc my sack was super contracted like a prune. Docs had to pull it open with foreceps and reinsert the nut into its sack and then keeping it stretched out stitch me up.

Next day righty was the size of my fist and a nice hue of purple, stayed that way for over 2 weeks.

t0x:

Both my nuts are intact and functional. I was attempting to slide up a slanted handrial' date=' the rail had a large gouge out of the metal at the very top, past midway up the rail I bailed off my board as I thought I didnt have enough speed, I fell nuts first onto the rail and slid off the end on my crotch.

The gouge in the rail cut through my jeans and my sack and my nut fell out. (kinda like a cheese grater) By the time I got to the Doc my sack was super contracted like a prune. Docs had to pull it open with foreceps and reinsert the nut into its sack and then keeping it stretched out stitch me up.

Next day righty was the size of my fist and a nice hue of purple, stayed that way for over 2 weeks.[/quote']

I just puked alil

t0x:

Both my nuts are intact and functional. I was attempting to slide up a slanted handrial' date=' the rail had a large gouge out of the metal at the very top, past midway up the rail I bailed off my board as I thought I didnt have enough speed, I fell nuts first onto the rail and slid off the end on my crotch.

Next day righty was the size of my fist and a nice hue of purple, stayed that way for over 2 weeks.[/quote']

Damn..

So I broke my wrist badly on Thursday skateboarding. I've never broken a bone before and I'm afraid that it might permanently alter my fighting ability. My arm looked like a thunder bolt' date=' and the doc put 2 pins in it that will come out in 4-6 weeks. If anyone has had a similar experience I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how severely or if even at all it will alter my fighting?[/quote']

Something funny too ease your pain, during Judo class I pulled my **** muscle/cheek doing a forward roll. It was funny too me cos I couldnt walk right for a whole week, and almost pulled it again the next time I was in class.

Nothing Major like you guys in all, but sprained ankles, elbows, an almost torn tendon above my left hamstring, and was hit pretty bad by car in a Walmart parking lot(swollen quad), pulled some nerves in my neck(front part, both sides), bruised Ribs, slightly pulled my back twice. Bed ridden for days at a time when they occured.

What can I say, I was temperamental in my youth. And a broken bone on my left hand ring finger playing football. After I knew I broke I just tapped it up and kept playing. My finger looks like a thunder bolt too. It sucked hard cos I was a guitar player and couldnt play cos I never went to the doctor, so I had to deal with the pain. Other than that no other broken bones, just broken dreams(sigh).

t0x:

Did he re-attatch connections? and thats a simple procedure that you were awake for? I mean you had to cut connections for it to fall out. It's not like if you made an insicion on the sac they would just fall out.

Not saying I don't believe you ( Who the hell would make that up ) but^^

Did he re-attatch connections? and thats a simple procedure that you were awake for? I mean you had to cut connections for it to fall out. It's not like if you made an insicion on the sac they would just fall out.

Not saying I don't believe you ( Who the hell would make that up ) but^^

My nut was outside its case, Im not sure what was done with the surgury as there was a piece of blue fabric between my head and my well my other head. I was awake for it, when it came out my sack was cut pretty bad (not a little hole) were talking a tear/cut about 3" long starting on the bottom and wrapping around to the side. I think that right after being cut it tried to contract to protect itself which actually pushed the nut out? I'm not 100% sure exactly HOW it hapened. What I do know is it hurt really bad, when I recovered from the fetal position my hands were bloody as were my jeans, when I took my pants off I could see my nut still attached to my insides through the cut, I had to get about 20 stitches, the Doc told me basically what he as doing as he did it, and it swelled worse than it ever has before afterwards.

The other thing to consider is positional pressure from the handrail could have forced it out? like I said a sec ago it happened, I really cant tell you how, and its not like it unrolled or was hanging by itself at all, the hole time it was either supported by my underwear or by my hands.

My nut was outside its case' date=' Im not sure what was done with the surgury as there was a piece of blue fabric between my head and my well my other head. I was awake for it, when it came out my sack was cut pretty bad (not a little hole) were talking a tear/cut about 3" long starting on the bottom and wrapping around to the side. I think that right after being cut it tried to contract to protect itself which actually pushed the nut out? I'm not 100% sure exactly HOW it hapened. What I do know is it hurt really bad, when I recovered from the fetal position my hands were bloody as were my jeans, when I took my pants off I could see my nut still attached to my insides through the cut, I had to get about 20 stitches, the Doc told me basically what he as doing as he did it, and it swelled worse than it ever has before afterwards.

The other thing to consider is positional pressure from the handrail could have forced it out? like I said a sec ago it happened, I really cant tell you how, and its not like it unrolled or was hanging by itself at all, the hole time it was either supported by my underwear or by my hands.[/quote']

When I first read your story I was thinking it popped out and was rolling around on the ground. Like I said nobody makes that kind of stuff up ( well maybe someone would ) but I didn't think you did. I was just a little surprized they didn't put you to sleep for the surgery and I knew for sure that tesicles are connected. Obvoiusly

That's an aweful story. Worst Injuries I had was a boxer's fracture and a partially torn lateral minicus and ACL. ACL one hurt like a B_tch but I can't complain. Rest of my injuries just minor sprains etc although I also injured my lower back and neck before pretty bad when I was younger but thankfully It wasn't real seroius ( although I was crippled with pain for months ) but it healed quick and hasn't bothered me since knock on wood.

When I first read your story I was thinking it popped out and was rolling around on the ground. Like I said nobody makes that kind of stuff up ( well maybe someone would ) but I didn't think you did. I was just a little surprized they didn't put you to sleep for the surgery and I knew for sure that tesicles are connected. Obvoiusly

That's an aweful story. Worst Injuries I had was a boxer's fracture and a partially torn lateral minicus and ACL. ACL one hurt like a B_tch but I can't complain. Rest of my injuries just minor sprains etc although I also injured my lower back and neck before pretty bad when I was younger but thankfully It wasn't real seroius ( although I was crippled with pain for months ) but it healed quick and hasn't bothered me since knock on wood.

Wow really IDT anyone would be dumb enough to say it was rolling on the floor, but that would have sucked more IMO if it had been the case.

I ripped my right knee to shreds when I fell on it back in '01. My right foot bent touched my right hip when I landed on it. My knee buckled inward and I fell on top of it ripping everything. Had to be taken to ER via ambulance and had 2 surguries to repair everything, took me a year and a half to get back to where I was before the fall.

t0x:

Dude, thats just nasty. Damn:eek:

I have a friend whos arm looked like yours and he has three pins and had to have the tendons in his hand and arm attached again and he does mma and after his therapy he is back to fighting and is undefeated still and just got an offer to do the next season of the ultimate fighter so you should be ok as long as you do your therapy and exercise to strengthen the injury.

I've never had a broken bone, kinda sad about that. I have had one shoulder that dislocated 9 times, had 6 staples in my head as a kid, and had surgery on my middle finger from an infection due to a sticker. Actuallly, the doctor said my shoulder bone (I don't remember which one he said) was chipped, so my shoulder will never be the same for the rest of my life.

I've never had a broken bone' date=' kinda sad about that. I have had one shoulder that dislocated 9 times, had 6 staples in my head as a kid, and had surgery on my middle finger from an infection due to a sticker. Actuallly, the doctor said my shoulder bone (I don't remember which one he said) was chipped, so my shoulder will never be the same for the rest of my life.[/quote']

Lol ouch:eek: be happy though because it sucks.

Archived